[Discontinued][ROM][InvictaOS v4.15][XT16xx][MotoG4/Plus][7.1.2_r29][11-17-17]

Should I revert InvictaN camera to support HAL3? Will need a reboot to use flashlight

• Are you nuts? Let it be the way it is.

Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Need better photos of my gf!!! Change it already.

Votes: 55 85.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Silesh.Nair

Mar 19, 2012
InvictaOS is based on LineageOS with some cool extra features. It can be used without any need to have Google application's installed.

Banner_S.png

4.15 is the final build

Code:
/*
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

Keep these is mind before you flash

Please read the help thread before you point out issues here. It has been created specifically to help new users to adapt to custom roms easier. Before you post your issue, please check if it has already been reported and if a fix has already been mentioned.

When you post a bug or mention an issue, it is assumed that you are running no additional mods that could cause that bug/issue. If you have made any additional changes, you need to mention that when you mention the bug/issue, else it confuses all users and I waste time looking to a bug that doesn't even exist. (1,2,3) is a classic example of this.

I have given in to frequent complaints of volume being too low on this rom and have restored it to the values found in other roms. That said, I will be in no way responsible if you hurt your ears as a result of the high volume. You have been warned.

Plus users take note. You need to be running an N modem to fix fingerprint issues.

Reliance Jio users, take note. Jio needs mobile data to work. If you change mobile data to a different sim in a dual sim environment, Jio sim will deactivate itself. Its not a bug.

Use Cameringo or builtin snap camera to record video. Video recording with Moto camera doesn't work. HTC camera seems to work the best.

Additional Features

1. Status Bar date
  2. Network Traffic Indicators
  3. Double Tap to sleep on lockscreen
  4. Ambient display battery indicator
  5. Additional QS Tiles
  6. Superuser indicator toggle
  7. Lockscreen charging information
  8. Bluetooth easy toggle
  9. Wifi easy toggle
  10. Toggle to disable suggestions & tile summaries
  11. Unlink notification volume
  12. Pixel navigation bar and animation
  13. Full Substratum OMS theme support
  14. Alarm blocker
  15. Wakelock blocker
  16. Selinux Switch
  17. and more....

Installation procedure

From stock / other custom roms
  1. Plus users have to be on N modem. For models that can't flash N modem, you will have issues with fingerprint registration.
  2. Copy the ROM zip on your phone
  3. Reboot in TWRP Recovery mode
  4. Backup your phone!
  5. Format/Wipe system, cache, dalvik, data
  6. Flash/Install ROM
  7. Flash/Install Gapps of your choice ( smallest package recommended )
  8. Reboot

Upgrade from previous build
  1. Download the update via OTA app.
  2. Reboot in TWRP Recovery mode
  3. Format/Wipe only cache, dalvik
  4. Flash/Install ROM
  5. Flash/Install Gapps of your choice ( smallest package recommended ). This step is not a must.
  6. Reboot

Changelog

Changelog for the latest build can be accessed from this link.

Downloads

ROM
Normal version without HAL3 : Latest build - here || Older builds ( version < 4.5 ) - here / ( version >= 4.5 ) - here
Modified version with HAL3 : Latest build - here || Older builds - here

GAPPS : Beans GApps Mini || OpenGapps
RECOVERY : https://goo.gl/u9tNjm

Other important links

Magisk ( MagiskManager app, magisk installer/uninstaller zip's : https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445
LineageSU ( Installer and uninstaller zip's : https://download.lineageos.org/extras
SuperSU : ( Uninstall using the app ) : http://www.supersu.com/download

ROM review

A review by @1chrome can be accessed from this link.

A video review of the rom can be accessed here. Thank @fr3d0x for this.

Screenshots

Note that the screenshots seen above are not the default look of the ROM. It comes with Pixel UI by default. Screenshots are using Coalfield substratum theme and Retrorika icon pack.

Updates

You will be notified via the OTA app when there is an update.

Known issues

1. App restore using hypershell in Titanium backup doesn't work. Data restore works. Works from v4.14.

Reporting Bugs

You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread.
  1. Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  2. If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  3. If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. The following is a useful format to follow.

Code:
What is your--
Radio (baseband):
ROM version:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
LOSSettings/Performance settings (other than stock):
Dual SIM:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Custom Splash Screen

If you need a custom splash screen with Invicta logo, check this post. Thanks to
@1chrome for the initiative.

Useful information

1. Some users have reported that they are unable to share screenshots/images from the gallery or filemanager. Though I personally have not come across this issue, if you do have this issue, have a look here for a possible fix.
  2. Please make sure that your DPI under Settings->Display->Display Size is set to default, else motorola camera doesn't seem to work. Users of model xt1622 who have reported camera issues also check if you have made any changes to your dpi. Thanks to @zeomal for pointing this out.
  3. For app sharing applications like xender,shareit etc.. to work, you need to disable mobile data. Check this post.

The team

@Silesh.Nair - Project lead
@1chrome - UI designer

Credits

Team LineageOS
ashwin007
khaoticking
elandroido
Others who i have missed intentionally

Sources for Athene

https://bitbucket.org/sileshn/android_device_motorola_athene
https://bitbucket.org/sileshn/proprietary_vendor_motorola_athene
https://bitbucket.org/sileshn/android_kernel_motorola_athene

Donations Received

@r1l_Alex_? ( Multiple times, lost count )
@Mr. Obsolet ( Multiple times, lost count )
@gavron ( Multiple )
@strongst
@guenterm800
@Retoki
@alaindupus
@dercircle
@echo92
@Tilagoon
@kiden
@bovineyard
@pastorbob62 ( Multiple )
@syverman
@din1316
@jc1685
@tomohodak
Kai Min?en ( Don't know your user name on xda )
Philip Wehrheim ( Don't know your user name on xda )
Joao Henrique Queiroz ( Don't know your user name on xda )
Robert Rhumba ( Don't know your user name on xda )

It's fine to just click Thanks! or enjoy my work without saying anything.
A donation is to show appreciation of the work I have done already.
A donation is not by any means in expectation of future work.
A donation doesn't entitle for preferred/private support/requests.
A donation is meant as a gift - always appreciated, never required.

Last edited:

Silesh.Nair

Mar 19, 2012
WAKEBLOCK

From v4.4, Invicta will have wakeblock built into the rom.

You can find all relevant information about the feature from this thread. Make sure to READ through the comments and the OP.

All credits to @GioBozza and his team for the mod.

This mod requires the wakeblock app to the installed from playstore. The author has given permission to add the app to the rom if required, but I have decided against it. You can download it from this link. You need to become a beta tester first before you can install the app.

Make sane decisions when you decide to block wakelocks. Blocking the wrong ones may cause more harm than good. You can find more information about wakelocks here.

Last edited:

Silesh.Nair

Mar 19, 2012
MicroG - Not for those who want the easy way out...

What is microg

Microg is a free re-implementation of Google’s proprietary Android user space apps and libraries. In layman terms, it replaces the need to flash gapps. For more details visit the official site.

Sources

https://github.com/microg

Downloads

https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/module-nanomod-5-0-20170405-microg-t3584928

The zip file contains the following files.

1. Fdroid
  2. Google playstore
  3. Google contacts & calendar sync apk's

Do not install playstore as a user app. It will not work. Playstore has to be in /system/priv-app for this to work.

How do I install this?

March 23rd build will be the first release with support for microg. Fresh flash is a must. Don't even ask if it will work dirty flashing over a rom with gapps. It won't. If you choose not to use microG, you can dirty flash over the previous build.

First build

1. Download rom from the link in the OP.
  2. Download microg apps from the link above.
  3. Wipe system/cache/data
  4. Flash rom followed by microg apps
  5. Reboot.
  6. Download and install the following apps from the links below.

microG Services Core : here
    microG Services Framework Proxy : here
    Apple UnifiedNlp Backend : here
    MozillaNlpBackend : here
    NominatimNlpBackend : here

The last 3 can also be downloaded using the fdroid app.

Updates

Flash rom followed by microg apps without wipe.

How do I set this up?

1. Go to Settings->Additional Features->Miscellaneous Settings and activate signature spoofing. See screenshot.
  2. Go to Settings->Apps->(Gear Icon)->App permissions->Spoof package signatures and activate spoofing for microG Services Core. See screenshot.
  3. Go to Setings->Battery->Battery optimization and disable battery optimization for the following seen in the screenshot. microG Services Core and Services Framework Proxy should not be battery optimized. Others are optional.
  4. Goto Settings->Apps->(3 dot menu)->Show system and update permissions for Google contact & calendar sync if not updated by default.
  5. Open microG settings app from app drawer and configure backgrounds under UnifiedNlp Settings. See screenshot.
  6. Enable Google device registration and Google Cloud Messaging under Google Services. See screenshot.
  7. Reboot phone. This is a must.

Once you get back to your home screen, open the microG settings app and click on Self-Check. All options must be switched on. That's it. Open playstore and add your account. Read the official webpage or the xda thread for more information. Have fun!!!

Issues

Afaik, the only app that doesn't work is hangouts. I didn't have any other problems.
You may also face delayed notifications from certain apps or for that matter no notifications. If you face such a situation, don't restore data for that app using tibu. Also don't battery optimize that app. Classic examples include mail, google+, whatsapp, tapatalk.

Last edited:

Silesh.Nair

Mar 19, 2012
Sorry... Obviously...

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

Just to say works with no obvious issues on xt1622 single sim with original bootloader. I.e never installed n soak test

If it works for you, good. It didn't allow me to add more than 1 fp. That's why i included that information. I'll update it to inform users to try it out first.

hyof

Apr 21, 2014
BR
Flashed on xt1640 variant, ROM + pico GAPPS 7.1 over MM, torch working,
fps bug: I can register only 1 finger (I tried, but nor registers on logcat o_O)

skooter32

Sep 12, 2015
OK its working on xt1622 but very jittery a need to know what the code is to do a logcat via terminal emulator

Silesh.Nair

Mar 19, 2012
Flashed on xt1640 variant, ROM + pico GAPPS 7.1 over MM, torch working,
fps bug: I can register only 1 finger (I tried, but nor registers on logcat o_O)
Check previous posts. I had the same issue. Had to flash N soak test to fix it.

Sent from my Moto G4 Plus using Tapatalk

Invoker jb

Jan 1, 2015
Excellent work sir
I know you
I was using Samsung Mega
Now its great to hear that
U made cm 14 for Moto G4 plus
I will flash it when beta version releases

smitharro

Jan 2, 2012
Blokker
Just flashed it on my XT1642. Coming from stock 7.0 (soak test?). All seems to be running fine. I was able to set 5 fingerprints without any issue. Torch not working from the pull down menu, but with an app just fine! RIL seems to be fine too! Thank a lot! Glad to be back on CM!
Edit: torch working fine after a reboot!

Send with my Moto G4 Plus (XT1642) on Android 7.0 using Tapatalk!

Last edited:
Reactions: Prabhat00
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    InvictaOS is based on LineageOS with some cool extra features. It can be used without any need to have Google application's installed.

Banner_S.png

4.15 is the final build

Code:
    /*
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Keep these is mind before you flash

Please read the help thread before you point out issues here. It has been created specifically to help new users to adapt to custom roms easier. Before you post your issue, please check if it has already been reported and if a fix has already been mentioned.

When you post a bug or mention an issue, it is assumed that you are running no additional mods that could cause that bug/issue. If you have made any additional changes, you need to mention that when you mention the bug/issue, else it confuses all users and I waste time looking to a bug that doesn't even exist. (1,2,3) is a classic example of this.

I have given in to frequent complaints of volume being too low on this rom and have restored it to the values found in other roms. That said, I will be in no way responsible if you hurt your ears as a result of the high volume. You have been warned.

Plus users take note. You need to be running an N modem to fix fingerprint issues.

Reliance Jio users, take note. Jio needs mobile data to work. If you change mobile data to a different sim in a dual sim environment, Jio sim will deactivate itself. Its not a bug.

Use Cameringo or builtin snap camera to record video. Video recording with Moto camera doesn't work. HTC camera seems to work the best.

Additional Features

1. Status Bar date
    2. Network Traffic Indicators
    3. Double Tap to sleep on lockscreen
    4. Ambient display battery indicator
    5. Additional QS Tiles
    6. Superuser indicator toggle
    7. Lockscreen charging information
    8. Bluetooth easy toggle
    9. Wifi easy toggle
    10. Toggle to disable suggestions & tile summaries
    11. Unlink notification volume
    12. Pixel navigation bar and animation
    13. Full Substratum OMS theme support
    14. Alarm blocker
    15. Wakelock blocker
    16. Selinux Switch
    17. and more....

Installation procedure

From stock / other custom roms
    1. Plus users have to be on N modem. For models that can't flash N modem, you will have issues with fingerprint registration.
    2. Copy the ROM zip on your phone
    3. Reboot in TWRP Recovery mode
    4. Backup your phone!
    5. Format/Wipe system, cache, dalvik, data
    6. Flash/Install ROM
    7. Flash/Install Gapps of your choice ( smallest package recommended )
    8. Reboot

Upgrade from previous build
    1. Download the update via OTA app.
    2. Reboot in TWRP Recovery mode
    3. Format/Wipe only cache, dalvik
    4. Flash/Install ROM
    5. Flash/Install Gapps of your choice ( smallest package recommended ). This step is not a must.
    6. Reboot

Changelog

Changelog for the latest build can be accessed from this link.

Downloads

ROM
    Normal version without HAL3 : Latest build - here || Older builds ( version < 4.5 ) - here / ( version >= 4.5 ) - here
    Modified version with HAL3 : Latest build - here || Older builds - here

GAPPS : Beans GApps Mini || OpenGapps
    RECOVERY : https://goo.gl/u9tNjm

Other important links

Magisk ( MagiskManager app, magisk installer/uninstaller zip's : https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445
    LineageSU ( Installer and uninstaller zip's : https://download.lineageos.org/extras
    SuperSU : ( Uninstall using the app ) : http://www.supersu.com/download

ROM review

A review by @1chrome can be accessed from this link.

A video review of the rom can be accessed here. Thank @fr3d0x for this.

Screenshots

Note that the screenshots seen above are not the default look of the ROM. It comes with Pixel UI by default. Screenshots are using Coalfield substratum theme and Retrorika icon pack.

Updates

You will be notified via the OTA app when there is an update.

Known issues

1. App restore using hypershell in Titanium backup doesn't work. Data restore works. Works from v4.14.

Reporting Bugs

You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread.
    1. Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    2. If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    3. If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. The following is a useful format to follow.

Code:
    What is your--
    Radio (baseband):
    ROM version:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    LOSSettings/Performance settings (other than stock):
    Dual SIM:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Custom Splash Screen

If you need a custom splash screen with Invicta logo, check this post. Thanks to
    @1chrome for the initiative.

Useful information

1. Some users have reported that they are unable to share screenshots/images from the gallery or filemanager. Though I personally have not come across this issue, if you do have this issue, have a look here for a possible fix.
    2. Please make sure that your DPI under Settings->Display->Display Size is set to default, else motorola camera doesn't seem to work. Users of model xt1622 who have reported camera issues also check if you have made any changes to your dpi. Thanks to @zeomal for pointing this out.
    3. For app sharing applications like xender,shareit etc.. to work, you need to disable mobile data. Check this post.

The team

@Silesh.Nair - Project lead
    @1chrome - UI designer

Credits

Team LineageOS
    ashwin007
    khaoticking
    elandroido
    Others who i have missed intentionally

Sources for Athene

https://bitbucket.org/sileshn/android_device_motorola_athene
    https://bitbucket.org/sileshn/proprietary_vendor_motorola_athene
    https://bitbucket.org/sileshn/android_kernel_motorola_athene

Donations Received

@r1l_Alex_? ( Multiple times, lost count )
    @Mr. Obsolet ( Multiple times, lost count )
    @gavron ( Multiple )
    @strongst
    @guenterm800
    @Retoki
    @alaindupus
    @dercircle
    @echo92
    @Tilagoon
    @kiden
    @bovineyard
    @pastorbob62 ( Multiple )
    @syverman
    @din1316
    @jc1685
    @tomohodak
    Kai Min?en ( Don't know your user name on xda )
    Philip Wehrheim ( Don't know your user name on xda )
    Joao Henrique Queiroz ( Don't know your user name on xda )
    Robert Rhumba ( Don't know your user name on xda )

It's fine to just click Thanks! or enjoy my work without saying anything.
    A donation is to show appreciation of the work I have done already.
    A donation is not by any means in expectation of future work.
    A donation doesn't entitle for preferred/private support/requests.
    A donation is meant as a gift - always appreciated, never required.
    O update

First step towards getting InvictaO is done. Compiled a lineage-15.0 build.

Next is to see if it boots, it not get it to boot, then bug fixes and finally adding back all Invicta features. Lot's of work ahead.
    An update on O.

I have finished all the base work for the ROM. I can add features when required.

I can now concentrate on fixing the device side. Except camera and a couple of FC's(Bluetooth only the first time you boot and MotoActions when you receive calls because of a proximity sensor issue), its performs OK.
    Update on InvictaO

Step 2 done.

Most of the important stuff still doesn't work like RIL, data, gps, camera & fps. Audio, video playback, fm, sensors, bluetooth, vibrator & wifi (partially) are working. Moto actions works too.

I will post a build when the major stuff starts working which is still a long way off. Screenshots attached.
    And we have camera working.....

First official build soon.... :good: