[Discontinued][ROM][InvictaOS v5.0-RC-3][XT164x][MotoG4/Plus][8.0.0_r30][11-16-17]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

1chrome

Feb 20, 2016
Bangalore, India
You knocked um out the park with those Icons! Hats off awesome! Genius! @1chrome.

You guys make sure you show love!

Silesh is a longtime Friend and I don't care how much he downplay's it, hes a genius! Ive been apart of it for a long time. We all have help yes but in the end
It's the final product that shines!

Hope you all know that :) Appreciate these guys and the work put Into a project like this. Help the development.

LOL. If not, ill send @Silesh.Nair one of our 5t's when they get here and things will never be the same. GameChanger!
Sure y'all I'm all up for a 5T if I don't get a cup of coffee :p

*flies away*

santoshmanoharan

Mar 12, 2017
Hey y'all!

Hope all is well. So I've completed work on adaptive icons for Invicta 5.0 Oreo.
Late, but better than never. I'm glad I finally decided to do this!

This time, I've had to rework on these icons from scratch and it took a lot of learning to figure out how to make them appealing and consistent. Majority of the time went in deciding where to place things, as these guys need to look good in all shapes and sizes. It's probably the most intense design thing ever done in Invicta, I think.

These icons will probably be implemented in the next build, depending on Silesh's priority. Hope you guys like the new icons - most have really cool effects when interacted with! :)

I generally would never ask, but if you guys like my work, do consider a donation - it'll encourage me (and help me buy some good food too :p) - I'll really appreciate it! But hey, no pressure :)

Take a look: > Watch sneak peek <

As always, feel free to give constructive feedback. Thanks guys!
Stay tuned and #StayUnbeaten
Awesome man

---------- Post added at 06:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 AM ----------

And waiting for new boot animation though????

Bunny 2886

Apr 16, 2017
Is there something, other than all what are here, features planned for future, we should be excited about?
I hope i'am not breaking a XDA law.
Sorry, if I am. ?

Azerox

Jan 26, 2010
Groningen
When this is finished, support and/or availability will also come for the XT1622 etc? I love your work and want to keep using it obviously. Thanks!

wtr1225

Mar 3, 2015
For everyone asking about support for devices other then the 63 I would like to say this. The dev has pretty much told us how to flash it if we want, he has stated that nothing bad would happen to your device. If as users we have rooted our phones and started flashing custom roms etc... obviously we can read. I understand completely why he did what he did after reading some of the same questions everyday that have been answered many times over. It took me seriously 10 minutes from download to have rc3 installed on my phone and i have the 64. Read, learn and be rewarded.

Silesh.Nair

Mar 19, 2012
Adaptive icons

@1chrome, have finished implementing adaptive icons. There are issues with certain apps, mainly email which fc's. Need to find out why. Won't be included in RC-4.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171122-102701.png
    Screenshot_20171122-102701.png
    204.2 KB · Views: 973
  • Screenshot_20171122-102738.png
    Screenshot_20171122-102738.png
    146.1 KB · Views: 972
  • Screenshot_20171122-102813.png
    Screenshot_20171122-102813.png
    188.1 KB · Views: 968
  • Screenshot_20171122-102840.png
    Screenshot_20171122-102840.png
    193.3 KB · Views: 921

wtr1225

Mar 3, 2015
Plus models will be supported in RC-4.
Could be a stupid question but its one asked with sincerity, since rc4 will be made available to plus models w/o us having to modify it to flash it, will we get an ota like we did from rc1-rc2 or is it too much to distinguish each device to implement this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    InvictaOS is based on LineageOS with some cool extra features. It can be used without any need to have Google application's installed.

Banner_S.png

You need to use the recovery linked in this thread for a successful flash. Other recoveries do not work.

RC-3 is the final build

Code:
    /*
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Keep these is mind before you flash

Please read the help thread before you point out issues here. It has been created specifically to help new users to adapt to custom roms easier. Before you post your issue, please check if it has already been reported and if a fix has already been mentioned.

When you post a bug or mention an issue, it is assumed that you are running no additional mods that could cause that bug/issue. If you have made any additional changes, you need to mention that when you mention the bug/issue, else it confuses all users and I waste time looking to a bug that doesn't even exist.

I have given in to frequent complaints of volume being too low on this rom and have restored it to the values found in other roms. That said, I will be in no way responsible if you hurt your ears as a result of the high volume. You have been warned.

Plus users take note. You need to be running an N modem to fix fingerprint issues.

Reliance Jio users, take note. Jio needs mobile data to work. If you change mobile data to a different sim in a dual sim environment, Jio sim will deactivate itself. Its not a bug.

Use Cameringo, Simple camera or CameraMX for camera duties.

Additional Features

1. Network Traffic Indicators
    2. Double Tap to sleep on lockscreen
    3. Ambient display battery indicator
    4. Additional QS Tiles
    5. Lockscreen charging information
    6. Toggle to disable suggestions & tile summaries
    7. Unlink notification volume
    8. Pixel navigation bar and animation
    9. and more....

Installation procedure

From stock / other custom roms
    1. Plus users have to be on N modem. For models that can't flash N modem, you will have issues with fingerprint registration.
    2. Copy the ROM zip on your phone
    3. Reboot in TWRP Recovery mode
    4. Backup your phone!
    5. Format/Wipe system, cache, dalvik, data
    6. Flash/Install ROM
    7. Flash/Install Gapps of your choice.
    8. Flash root package of your choice.
    9. Reboot

Upgrade from previous build
    1. Download the update via OTA app.
    2. Reboot in TWRP Recovery mode
    3. Format/Wipe only cache, dalvik
    4. Flash/Install ROM
    5. Flash/Install Gapps of your choice. This step is not a must.
    6. If using magisk for root, you need to flash the zip file again as the addon script doesn't seem to work correctly.
    7. Reboot

Changelog

Changelog for the latest build can be accessed from this link.

Downloads

ROM : Latest build - here || Older builds - here
    GAPPS : OpenGapps
    RECOVERY : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1ZbHDX3hq1yR1hKQzY3Z1lVYUE/view?usp=sharing

Other important links

Magisk ( MagiskManager app, magisk installer/uninstaller zip's : https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445
    LineageSU ( Installer and uninstaller zip's : https://download.lineageos.org/extras
    SuperSU : ( Uninstall using the app ) : http://www.supersu.com/download

Screenshots

Updates

You will be notified via the OTA app when there is an update.

Known issues

1. Volte needs toggling of enhanced 4g lte mode after each reboot. Use the Volte sim in slot 1.
    2. Camera is buggy. Camera may need a reboot to work. Apps may need a restart to work. Flashlight works with third party apps. Chopchop ain't working.
    3. Bluetooth calls does not work.
    4. Certain options in Settings may FC.
    5. Magisk addon script doesn't seem to work. You have to flash the magisk zip after rom while dirty flashing.

Reporting Bugs

You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread.
    1. Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    2. If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    3. If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. The following is a useful format to follow.

Code:
    What is your--
    Radio (baseband):
    ROM version:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    LOSSettings/Performance settings (other than stock):
    Dual SIM:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Custom Splash Screen

If you need a custom splash screen with Invicta logo, check this post. Thanks to
    @1chrome for the initiative.

Useful information

1. This rom is not for gaming. If you want a gaming experience, change roms.
    2. Volte and fast charge work, no matter what users say.

The team

@Silesh.Nair - Project lead
    @1chrome - UI designer ( Consider donating to him for his impressive work ) :cool:

Credits

Team LineageOS

Sources for Athene

https://bitbucket.org/sileshn/android_device_motorola_athene
    https://bitbucket.org/sileshn/proprietary_vendor_motorola_athene
    https://bitbucket.org/sileshn/android_kernel_motorola_athene

Donations Received

@r1l_Alex_? ( Multiple times, lost count )
    @Mr. Obsolet ( Multiple times, lost count )
    @gavron ( Multiple )
    @strongst
    @guenterm800
    @Retoki
    @alaindupus
    @dercircle
    @echo92
    @Tilagoon
    @kiden
    @bovineyard
    @pastorbob62 ( Multiple )
    @syverman
    @din1316
    @jc1685
    @tomohodak
    Kai Min?en ( Don't know your user name on xda )
    Philip Wehrheim ( Don't know your user name on xda )
    Joao Henrique Queiroz ( Don't know your user name on xda )
    Robert Rhumba ( Don't know your user name on xda )

It's fine to just click Thanks! or enjoy my work without saying anything.
    A donation is to show appreciation of the work I have done already.
    A donation is not by any means in expectation of future work.
    A donation doesn't entitle for preferred/private support/requests.
    A donation is meant as a gift - always appreciated, never required.
    Bumped to RC-1

Changes include,

1. Additional tiles added including screenshot, sound, usb tether. Screenshot works just like reboot option in power menu. Single tap to toggle, long press to select.
    2. Additional features like pixel animation toggle, status bar double-tap to sleep, 4g icon instead of lte, roaming icon toggle and more.
    3. Volte icon has moved from System icons to Invicta Castrum->Statusbar
    4. Battery light is disabled. Notification lights are still enabled.
    5. Lockscreen music visualizer with toggle
    6. Lockscreen notification count
    7. Increasing ring tone
    8. call vibrate
    9. Some kernel changes
    10. Fix Settings->Search FC.
    11. Some bluetooth changes.
    12. General cleanup
    13. Experimental Digital TV support. I don't know if it works. My model doesn't support it. Try it and report ONLY with logs.

For more, check the changelog.
    Someone should be happy. :p
    RC-2

Read the information below before you flash the build.

1. You need the recovery linked in the OP for a successful flash.
    2. This is still WIP. You may face issues.
    3. READ the issues list in the OP. What's not working is mentioned there.
    4. Don't post bug reports without proper logs and information. I will ignore the post otherwise.
    5. Turbo charging, Volte and pip work irrespective of what users say. Pip works on chrome ( need to be full screen mode ), maps and youtube red. It may work with other apps, but I haven't tested them.
    6. I don't want to know what works on other roms as my sources are different from them irrespective of being based on LineageOS.
    7. Camera works the same as before. Needs a reboot. Cameringo seems to be the only app that works well with flash. Other camera apps may work when not using flash.
    8. OMS commits have been merged. Make sure to use a theme that works on Oreo. It is still in testing face.
    9. Dirty flash should work fine. If you face issues, be prepared to flash clean.
    10. If you face lags, the first step is to reboot the device once.
    11. If you flash other mods, don't post bug reports.

What's new in RC-2?

There are a lot of changes. The major ones are mentioned below.

1. Source updated to 8.0.0_r32, November security patch
    2. Substratum/OMS support.
    3. Custom hardware keys remapping.
    4. Battery light customization.
    5. Recent icon pack support
    6. Auto hiding IME cursors
    7. Longpress to kill last app
    8. Stop /resume download's from download manager
    9. A few UI changes.

Link will be updated here in a while. You can also download using OTA if you are running RC-1.

Download from here. md5sum is 933138ffbffd499843d861b9c475e840.
    I know n I appreciate it too much, I just wanted to ask if it will be soon or not, its really a very good rom

Tomorrow.