[DISCONTINUED] ROM Max Smart for ZTE V967S v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluefirebird

Mar 23, 2013
carliv.eu
DISCONTINUED.
DISCLAIMER:
Rooting your phone and using custom Recoveries and ROMS have risks and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers. In case of any mishap I am not responsible if you brick/ruin your phone in any way.
Basic computer skills are required and minimal knowledges about phones and phones utilities too.
Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.

Update 12.02.2014

- new port made from scratch
- sidebar and full settings for launcher.
- gapps included as essential, but you can flash "Gapps to complete zip" to get whole package.
- fast, smooth, stable.
- everything optimized

Changelog 28.11.2013

- upgrade to Android 4.3
- removed autobrightness fix to solve screen black issue.
- this ROM being ported from Samsung it gets one well known issue from it: sometime wifi doesn't awake from sleep (it's well known in Samsung threads I mean). I integrated a solution for this and I didn't experienced that bug, but if appear to you, to solve that, in settings, wifi, advanced do these: uncheck keep wifi on in sleep and minimize battery consumption on wifi, restart, then apply those settings back. Also I integrated an app Advanced Wifi Lock, which will help you to set things up properly.
- replaced accuweather widget with Android Weather, because is more configurable.
ATTENTION: You can't install this over the last one, because is a different framework; you have to do the wipes.
To fix that DualRinger issue, download the modd attached to post #3 and flash it through recovery.
Changelog 24.11.2013

- cleaned up the ROM for reduce battery drain (removed some apps like sidebar slide menu)
- changed Touchwiz launcher with one with different grid size (4x6)
- added for download old version 1.2 for those who asked.
ATTENTION: You can't install this over the last one, because is a different framework; you have to do the wipes.
Changelog 20.11.2013

- ported again the ROM from STAR B94M.
- the earlier version was just somehow slow
- changed Contacts and Mms applications.
- added side Samsung menu (to activate go to settings/display/check Suspension Window)
Changelog 19.11.2013

- ported again the ROM from Bluebo N7105 (I ditched Lenovo A830 parts because that was not a good combo).
- many fixes, just like in Max Flavour, but adapted to this ROM: network, tethering, gps, brightness, autobrightness, cache, kernel, zipalign, audio, etc.
- same feature as before for using 3G on both simcards (not the same time)
- S4 UI improved with beautifull wallpapers and icons
- fast and smooth
- Root with superuser app from clockworkmod team (koush), which is better than other solutions in my opinnion.
- for gapps you can use same flashable zips as before (check DOWNLOAD SECTION)
- good battery life.​
Downloads are in post #3.

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:

To flash a new ROM properly, you need one of my recoveries (for these I'm sure they works).
1. Reboot to recovery.
2. Do a nandroid backup or backup in cwm.
3. mount USB Mass Storage and delete from sdcard these three directories:

.android_secure
Android
LOSTDIR

4. Copy ROM zip or zips on sdcard
5. Eject mass storage from computer and then unmount in recovery
6. wipe all/factory reset or pre-flash wipe in recovery
7. wipe or erase dalvik cache
8. flash zip from sdcard, choose ROM zip, flash it and reboot, or if you flash my Max Smart ROM, the phone will reboot itself.
That's all, this is the correct way to flash any new ROM in any phone through recovery.

QUICK GPS FIX:

If you want to quick fix gps, do all steps from this post, without downloading MobileUncle - is already installed in ROM.​

Last edited:

clio94

Jan 17, 2007
Kozani
Ηello.You are simply the best.You managed to make 3g dualsim like other mtk6589 phones.Νοw i can have 3g data and make 3g videocalls from 2nd sim slot too.Thank you very much for this excellent work.
Is it possible please to make your magic graphic optimization from your other rom to this rom?

Last edited:
Reactions: serycs

bluefirebird

Mar 23, 2013
carliv.eu
Ηello.You are simply the best.You managed to make 3g dualsim like other mtk6589 phones.Νοw i can have 3g data and make 3g videocalls from 2nd sim slot too.Thank you very much for this excellent work.
Is it possible please to make your magic graphic optimization from your other rom to this rom?
That is already done, but may seems different because is a different framework, and because this camera and gallery have some problems. Anyway it will come a version 1.2 in short time, which will solve some bugs.
You're wellcome!

a_stefane

Feb 15, 2012
ROM Max Smart v-1.1

Installed ROM Max Smart v-1.1 ... very pleased about the possibility to switch 3G between the two sim slots

the only problem until now seems to be the very fast drain of battery comparatively with MAX FLAVOUR ROM and Original Official Stock 1.0.5 ROM

Reactions: goodji and tzole

bluefirebird

Mar 23, 2013
carliv.eu
Installed ROM Max Smart v-1.1 ... very pleased about the possibility to switch 3G between the two sim slots

the only problem until now seems to be the very fast drain of battery comparatively with MAX FLAVOUR ROM and Original Official Stock 1.0.5 ROM
This is new... I'm running this ROM since I made version 1.0 and I didn't charge my phone since friday - I still have 70% battery. Well, I don't use google apps (they are real battery hogs) but still... I guess I'm not an intensive user.
Try to recalibrate your battery - I see this phone has a problem with that. I had to do that once.

kandreou

Jan 5, 2007
Athens
Best battery consumption

Well i must agree with carliv... this rom has the best battery consumption ever , i am using it 2 days now and i am still at 77%
Try to calibrate the battery ;)

Reactions: clio94

clio94

Jan 17, 2007
Kozani
This is the best Rom.everything work ok in my v967s. I agree that battery is super.I am using gapps and also I am running all the time the program automaton to open the device without searching power button and I have no battery drain.

Sent from my ThL W7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

fotisstrakosia

May 31, 2007
Hello Carliv,

First I would like to thank you for your effort on the v967s. I have installed your ROM Max Smart v-1.1 with essential gapps and it is a very fast and stable ROM but I have one issue with the connection to the PC via USB cable. When I connect the v967s to the PC and I select to "Turn on USB storage" the device does not connect to the PC. I tried with a PC running windows 8 and also with a PC running Windows XP.
Previously I had the stock ROM 1.0.3 on the v967s and the connection as USB mass storage was working with no problem with these two PCs.
Do you have any idea why I face this issue ?
Thank you again for your support.

bluefirebird

Mar 23, 2013
carliv.eu
Hello Carliv,

First I would like to thank you for your effort on the v967s. I have installed your ROM Max Smart v-1.1 with essential gapps and it is a very fast and stable ROM but I have one issue with the connection to the PC via USB cable. When I connect the v967s to the PC and I select to "Turn on USB storage" the device does not connect to the PC. I tried with a PC running windows 8 and also with a PC running Windows XP.
Previously I had the stock ROM 1.0.3 on the v967s and the connection as USB mass storage was working with no problem with these two PCs.
Do you have any idea why I face this issue ?
Thank you again for your support.
Because is a port ROM, I had to make some changes in boot.img, otherwise the ROM wouldn't be able to see sdcard and tend to install on internal storage, which for me is 237mb (I have 2.5Gb userdata partition). So, in order to connect the phone you need to select connect as cd image, to install drivers and overwrite those already installed. Then restart both computer and phone. Close any firewall and antivirus you have. Connect again with USB debugging enabled (it should be default because I set it that way), and select USB Mass storage for XP and MTP device for windows 8. Close that window asking you to install drivers and select ask me later. Now you should be able to see your phone as USB device, both sdcard and phone storage.

AngelDeep

Mar 10, 2008
Because is a port ROM, I had to make some changes in boot.img, otherwise the ROM wouldn't be able to see sdcard and tend to install on internal storage, which for me is 237mb (I have 2.5Gb userdata partition). So, in order to connect the phone you need to select connect as cd image, to install drivers and overwrite those already installed. Then restart both computer and phone. Close any firewall and antivirus you have. Connect again with USB debugging enabled (it should be default because I set it that way), and select USB Mass storage for XP and MTP device for windows 8. Close that window asking you to install drivers and select ask me later. Now you should be able to see your phone as USB device, both sdcard and phone storage.
I have the same issue, I cannot conect usb to PC. I haven´t drivers for Device CDC Serial - USB\VID_19D2&PID_0005&MI_02\

Thanks for your work.

Regards.

bluefirebird

Mar 23, 2013
carliv.eu
I have the same issue, I cannot conect usb to PC. I haven´t drivers for Device CDC Serial - USB\VID_19D2&PID_0005&MI_02\

Thanks for your work.

Regards.
The solution I provided above is a temporary one. ZTE drivers are not updated since 2012. I took a look in it and I saw no support dedicated for this device. I will try to patch zte drivers to work properly with our phone no matter what ROM is installed. In USB driver you can see there is no definitions for V967S ports. If this will work I will post my solution in one of my threads.
In linux, where is no need of drivers there is no problem, but is a little bit triky to write correct rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.