[DISCONTINUED][ROM][OFFICIAL][11.0.0_r48]Candy11 for Google Pixel 4a [sunfish]

Search This thread

poudigne

Apr 6, 2011
Montreal
Google Pixel 4a
I have been trying to sideload the rom, I keep getting a signature verification Failed, Error 21. Install from ADB completed with Status 2.

Can someone help me plez?

Edit: I retried and noticed that the sideload stops at around 42%. Is is some kind of timeout or something?
I redownloaded the rom to make sure it's not corrupted.

Last edited:

TheSayaMan

Sep 12, 2016
OnePlus 9 Pro
OnePlus 11
I have been trying to sideload the rom, I keep getting a signature verification Failed, Error 21. Install from ADB completed with Status 2.

Can someone help me plez?
I'm guessing you are using stock recovery and that's your problem. You need to download this: https://xdaforums.com/attachments/sunfish_boot-img.5253549/

reboot to bootloader and fastboot flash --slot all boot sunfish_boot.img

Then reboot to recovery, factory reset, then sideload rom. adb sideload Candy-sunfish-11.0-OFFICIAL-20210710-1319.zip

Last edited:

poudigne

Apr 6, 2011
Montreal
Google Pixel 4a

TheSayaMan

Sep 12, 2016
OnePlus 9 Pro
OnePlus 11
Thanks for the heads up. I never use OTG myself.

What permissions denied?

Edit: And thanks for helping!
Basically it's a way to flash roms without sideloading them with a PC. But basically when trying to flash the rom with OTG, it won't flash and will say permission denied. Same case if you try using the twrp test build. Must be the rom itself because lineage rom works with OTG with Lineage custom recovery as well with Twrp recovery.

Reactions: NoSpamDan

jayodicpa

Jul 24, 2021
After two days of using this ROM = I noticed just two issues.
1. When I pull the notifications, it only shows the notification panel at first pull, on the second pull the notification messages show
2. Some apps that use biometrics like Lastpass seem to have problems and just exits when I try to enable the option for biometrics

NoSpamDan

Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2012
candyroms.org
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7T
After two days of using this ROM = I noticed just two issues.
1. When I pull the notifications, it only shows the notification panel at first pull, on the second pull the notification messages show
2. Some apps that use biometrics like Lastpass seem to have problems and just exits when I try to enable the option for biometrics
1. This is selectable in Candy Shop (QS tab)
2. Send a log 😇😉

NoSpamDan

Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2012
candyroms.org
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7T
New build is up... now you can root without a PC (after the first installation)! ;)

🍬🍭🍬 CANDY 11 OTA for Pixel4a (sunfish) 🍬🍭🍬

Build Date: 27July2021
GApps: Included in ROM

Changelog:
- Includes prebuilt TWRP recovery. Decrypts and flashes zip files and images, but backup/restore is not functional.
- Removed FOD options in CandyShop (no FOD here🙃 )

Download | Full Changelog

Edit; The attached boot image includes TWRP.

Attachments

• candy_sunfish_twrp_boot.img
    64 MB · Views: 151

NoSpamDan

Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2012
candyroms.org
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7T
I'd like to request 2 features if possible, should require minimal work. What's playing from the lockscreen is missing and emergency notifications force close when opening them.
I'll need a log for the latter... I'm pretty sure that Now Playing works only for local media, not for what's playing around you (like Shazam or the Google Assistant).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    YWvwPJL.png

This is Candy 11 for the Google Pixel 4a device. Built straight from source with commits from a variety of different sources/ROMS. We wanted to give the users a fast, fun, fully customisable ROM, with regular updates and security patches.

We do this as a hobby, and we happily share with with the custom ROM community, for free. We use what we share on our own devices, most as Daily Drivers, so you can be confident that problems will be promptly addressed.

Thanks for your support and camaraderie. Special thanks to GZOSP (RIP Martin), LineageOS, OmniROM, AOSiP, DU and the innumerable rest who make their source open. We can't do all of this on our own!

Stay tuned for more Candy!

0S2Uudd.png

Interested in becoming a device maintainer? Read about the requirements here.

KRgz2ZT.png

ROM: CandyRoms Github
    Device specific sources: CandyDevices Github
    Gerrit Review https://gerrit.candyroms.org

O4CQgWL.png

CandyShop features (always a WIP):
    • SYSTEM
      • Aggressive battery options
      • Screen off power button torch (double press and long press)
      • Show app icons in toasts
    • LOCKSCREEN:
      • Show media art
      • Charging stats
    • STATUS BAR
      • Network Traffic indicator options
      • Clock and date:
        • Alignment
        • Display seconds
        • AM/PM & Date display and format
      • Notification headers visibility toggle
    • QUICK SETTINGS
      • Quick pulldown options
      • QS show titles toggle
      • Custom number of rows/columns
      • Quick add tiles (one click)
    • STOCK ROOM
      • Three finger screen shot gesture
      • Changelog

More to come, we are never done...

NO ETA REQUESTS!

ZXPyfyR.png

Disclaimer:

CandyRoms is not responsible for any damage or problems with your device. Please follow the thread rules and steps and everything will be gravy. Remember, backing up before flashing is always recommended.

* See Post #2 for Downloads

* See
    Post #3 for FAQ/Known issues

Make sure you are on the latest stable firmware available here

1. If you're coming from another ROM:

• Boot into stock bootloader. (Ensure you have the latest compatible bootloader and kernel on both slots)
    • Wipe data with
      Code:
      fastboot -w
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Adb sideload the ROM zip (links are in 2nd post). GAPPS ARE INCLUDED.
    • Reboot

2. If you're updating the ROM, there are a few ways to do this. Using the included Candy Updater, using TWRP recovery, or through ADB sideload (not detailed here).

UPDATER METHOD
    • Go to Settings > System > Candy Updater
    • Select from OTA or local update file.
    • Flash ROM
    • IMPORTANT: If you want root, and have it already, use Magisk to patch the inactive slot before rebooting.
    • Reboot
    • Enjoy

RECOVERY METHOD
    • Reboot to recovery
    • ADB Sideload the ROM zip file
    • Reboot
    • Enjoy

NOTE:
    • If you have issues with Settings or Play Services force-closes you need to clean flash.
    • Please give first boot several minutes.
    • New additions and fixes being added constantly
    • If you have any other issue, please let us know in proper bug reporting fashion as indicated below.

4SHqCq8.png

• Do NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed other third-party mods.
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved (and you won't be trolled or ignored XD ). Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    ROM version and build date
    Gapps version (if applicable)

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore a backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a non-stock kernel:
    a battery manager app:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed.
    Also please let us know how to reproduce the particular issue.

Please, DO NOT complain about problems and offer nothing to help fix it. We reserve the right to ignore you for not following instructions.

OXVmoj7.png

CandyRoms.org | CandyRoms on Telegram | Telegram Release Channel | SourceForge Project | Download server

Other Credits:
    TeamReviver
    @martinusbe (RIP, good buddy)
    @ezio84 for helping always
    @lineageos
    @vache

Sorry folks, my daughter now has my P4a, running stock AOSP. There have been a lot of life events for me lately: new job, family issues, health issues... so I have not touched Android 12 this cycle. I may do something when Android 13 drops, but it depends on free time and what's going on.

I wish you all well and hope you and your families are staying safe and healthy!

Dan
    New build is up... now you can root without a PC (after the first installation)! ;)

🍬🍭🍬 CANDY 11 OTA for Pixel4a (sunfish) 🍬🍭🍬

Build Date: 27July2021

Changelog:
    - Includes prebuilt TWRP recovery. Decrypts and flashes zip files and images, but backup/restore is not functional.
    - Removed FOD options in CandyShop (no FOD here🙃 )

Edit; The attached boot image includes TWRP.
    W65pFlK.png

What's not working:
    • You tell us... ;)

Changelogs
    🍬🍭🍬 CANDY 11 OTA for sunfish 🍬🍭🍬

Build Date: 05June2021

Changelog:
    - Calling issues fixed
    - Sepolicy fixes for flipendo, turbo and firmware
    - Battery temperature display on keyguard and in battery settings. Tapping the temperature preference in battery settings toggles units (C/F)
    - App switch and scrolling speed improvements
    - Fixed biometric auth for AppLock
    - Added Visible wireless APNs
    - Flashlight blink on incoming calls feature
    - Statusbar clock options update

🍬🍬🍬