• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[DISCONTINUED][ROM][OFFICIAL][gta4xlwifi][10] LineageOS 17.1 for Galaxy Tab S6 Lite (Wi-Fi)

Search This thread
Mar 12, 2018
Hey linux4 , I really appeciate your work!

Is there any chance this project is ported to the Tab s6 (SM-T860)? An offical TWRP would exsist already for this device. But unfortunatly nobody bothers for LineageOS :cry:

i5lee8bit

Jul 18, 2006
New Jersey
Looks awesome man. Why Android 10 when you have an unofficial build of 11?

Development of 10 (LOS 17.1) has reached maturity and stability enough, and thanks to having @Linux4 on our side and his work / dedication, to push into Lineage's "official" status. While the 11 (LOS 18.1) builds are not yet "official" yet, and in some ways still a big WIP.

You might notice plenty of other devices never end up with an "official" build of LOS / certain versions. Sometimes it's even just a matter of if the dev just doesn't want to bother submitting an application to Lineage to bring it to official status. Or maybe certain hardware components aren't working and / or never feasibly will outside of stock (Samsung is famous for keeping some of their device drivers / kernels completely closed-source. Also I ditched Samsung phones after Galaxy S5 because they locked down the Snapdragon variants so hard, even on previously unlockable carrier variants like T-Mobile - while many regions particularly outside of USA had Exynos variants with unlockable BL and such).

Anyway, I did have a question for ya @Linux4: I just flashed the 01/13/2021 update over installed 01/06/2021 system using Lineage Updater. This went as smoothly as anyone can ask for, except that I noticed I lost root after booting back up, and I had to flash Magisk again afterwards (can just flash the zip in Lineage Recovery, no big deal). Apparently Lineage Updater/Recovery must have ignored or missed the Magisk addon.d script? Gapps (OpenGapps "Stock") persisted though, and no Google apps / services seem wonky at all. I can only assume the Magisk addon.d script was there before OTA, but of course I can't know for sure after the fact. I checked just now and see it, so I'll keep my eyes on it when next OTA comes around. (I have 50-lineage.sh, 70-gapps.sh, and 99-magisk.sh - all looks as it should be)

On another note - just use Lineage Recovery for now, people! Unfortunately I learned my lesson last week, when I tried to flash the OTA with TWRP and ended up in bootloop, due to ignoring warnings about FBE. Flashing back to 12/30/2020 didn't work either, whether with TWRP or Lineage Recovery, so I had to factory wipe. Oops.

Edit: one more question: does Lineage Recovery also get updated when flashing the new system update / OTA? Or would we need to do that manually via odin / sdk tools / terminal? And (if not automatically updated) when would we know when it's actually necessary / when we should actually bother? Sorry, I'm actually new to Lineage Recovery myself... Thanks L!

Last edited:
Reactions: Linux4

Linux4

Development of 10 (LOS 17.1) has reached maturity and stability enough, and thanks to having @Linux4 on our side and his work / dedication, to push into Lineage's "official" status. While the 11 (LOS 18.1) builds are not yet "official" yet, and in some ways still a big WIP.

You might notice plenty of other devices never end up with an "official" build of LOS / certain versions. Sometimes it's even just a matter of if the dev just doesn't want to bother submitting an application to Lineage to bring it to official status. Or maybe certain hardware components aren't working and / or never feasibly will outside of stock (Samsung is famous for keeping some of their device drivers / kernels completely closed-source. Also I ditched Samsung phones after Galaxy S5 because they locked down the Snapdragon variants so hard, even on previously unlockable carrier variants like T-Mobile - while many regions particularly outside of USA had Exynos variants with unlockable BL and such).

Anyway, I did have a question for ya @Linux4: I just flashed the 01/13/2021 update over installed 01/06/2021 system using Lineage Updater. This went as smoothly as anyone can ask for, except that I noticed I lost root after booting back up, and I had to flash Magisk again afterwards (can just flash the zip in Lineage Recovery, no big deal). Apparently Lineage Updater/Recovery must have ignored or missed the Magisk addon.d script? Gapps (OpenGapps "Stock") persisted though, and no Google apps / services seem wonky at all. I can only assume the Magisk addon.d script was there before OTA, but of course I can't know for sure after the fact. I checked just now and see it, so I'll keep my eyes on it when next OTA comes around. (I have 50-lineage.sh, 70-gapps.sh, and 99-magisk.sh - all looks as it should be)

On another note - just use Lineage Recovery for now, people! Unfortunately I learned my lesson last week, when I tried to flash the OTA with TWRP and ended up in bootloop, due to ignoring warnings about FBE. Flashing back to 12/30/2020 didn't work either, whether with TWRP or Lineage Recovery, so I had to factory wipe. Oops.

Edit: one more question: does Lineage Recovery also get updated when flashing the new system update / OTA? Or would we need to do that manually via odin / sdk tools / terminal? And (if not automatically updated) when would we know when it's actually necessary / when we should actually bother? Sorry, I'm actually new to Lineage Recovery myself... Thanks L!

Magisk's addon.d just doesn't work if /data is encrypted..
Also for lineage recovery there's a setting "Update Recovery" in Developer Settings which will automatically update recovery
Btw on 18.1 this setting moved to Setupwizard and Updater settings.

Reactions: i5lee8bit

YehoshuaLee

Dec 20, 2017
I stock in TWRP after us Lineageos updater. I use Lineageos updater to download the update rom and Install. The device boot into TWRP(I use 3.5.0_10-0 version). After flash in TWRP, reboot. Decive shows Lineageos logo, then after a while reboot into TWRP. I tried to reflash or wipe, all fails. Do anyone knows why?

Linux4

I stock in TWRP after us Lineageos updater. I use Lineageos updater to download the update rom and Install. The device boot into TWRP(I use 3.5.0_10-0 version). After flash in TWRP, reboot. Decive shows Lineageos logo, then after a while reboot into TWRP. I tried to reflash or wipe, all fails. Do anyone knows why?

Use lineage recovery please...
TWRP messes with FBE encryption ...
I already wrote about this multiple times.

YehoshuaLee

Dec 20, 2017
Use lineage recovery please...
TWRP messes with FBE encryption ...
I already wrote about this multiple times.
Sorry. First time to us Lineageos. I don't know how to flash magisk in Lineageos Recovery so I chose TWRP. I will go back to Lineageos Recovery and try.

Fixed with Lineageos Recovery. Really great rom, thanks for your work!

Last edited:

beardov

Apr 27, 2019
Hello. Thank you for bringing LOS to this device.

I understand it is better to use Lineage Recovery, and TWRP will cause issues. Ok, no worries, thanks for the tip :).
I just wanted to ask about flashing things from Lineage Recovery. I am not a pro, but I know how to do it with TWRP, so I just wanted to ask about Lineage Recovery.
I would like to root by flashing Magisk, and I would like to install the root version of Vanced. Will this be intuitive and straightforward like I know how to do in TWRP?

My plan:
1. Install Lineage Recovery via heimdall and boot recovery, as per LOS wiki
2. LOS 17 by sideloading from recovery, as per LOS wiki
3. Gapps by sideloading from recovery
4. Boot LOS and set up device
5. Download Magisk and Vanced to device storage
6. Boot recovery
7. Install Magisk and Vanced from device storage from recovery (maybe boot LOS in between them so the root "registers"?)

Is this plan likley to work? Will I need to sideload Magisk and/or Vanced over ADB, or can I install from recovery like TWRP, as per my above plan? Is it better to get Vanced through a Magisk module rather that install from recovery? (I have never used Magisk modules before. Prefer to not have them but I will if I need).

Thank you for any help!

Linux4

Hello. Thank you for bringing LOS to this device.

I understand it is better to use Lineage Recovery, and TWRP will cause issues. Ok, no worries, thanks for the tip :).
I just wanted to ask about flashing things from Lineage Recovery. I am not a pro, but I know how to do it with TWRP, so I just wanted to ask about Lineage Recovery.
I would like to root by flashing Magisk, and I would like to install the root version of Vanced. Will this be intuitive and straightforward like I know how to do in TWRP?

My plan:
1. Install Lineage Recovery via heimdall and boot recovery, as per LOS wiki
2. LOS 17 by sideloading from recovery, as per LOS wiki
3. Gapps by sideloading from recovery
4. Boot LOS and set up device
5. Download Magisk and Vanced to device storage
6. Boot recovery
7. Install Magisk and Vanced from device storage from recovery (maybe boot LOS in between them so the root "registers"?)

Is this plan likley to work? Will I need to sideload Magisk and/or Vanced over ADB, or can I install from recovery like TWRP, as per my above plan? Is it better to get Vanced through a Magisk module rather that install from recovery? (I have never used Magisk modules before. Prefer to not have them but I will if I need).

Thank you for any help!

All the steps except for the Magisk and Vanced ones should be fine,
you will need to sideload them as internal storage is encrypted so it can't be accessed from recovery (unless you disable encryption by editing fstab)
Flashing them from external sdcard should work tho
Also there should be no need to reboot after flashing Magisk.

HandyMan666

Feb 12, 2021
Hi @Linux4

Just installed youre rom today, it runs almost perfect ! I like the clean rom without apps.

I have only got one issue .

I bought the MOGA Power A Controller from the Samsung webshop, once paired with the stock Samsung Rom
the controller works. When i shutdown the controller and then power it on it works.

But with the Lineage Rom, it also works, but have to pair it each time when i want to use it. (It wont connect when i i put the controller on)(I have to forget the controller in the bluetooth options and then pair it again)

Is there a simple fix for it ?
Thanks in advance!

SvenHee

Sep 11, 2014
Ede
Is this a lineage bug?

I wanted to make a time lapse with the lineage camera, using my moto g7 plus.
The camera "has this function" but would not work. when trying to set the interval, it would grey out the option in the settings.

But interstingly, it does not work in Lineage on my tab s6 lite either.

Is this the same with you guys?

beardov

Apr 27, 2019
All the steps except for the Magisk and Vanced ones should be fine,
you will need to sideload them as internal storage is encrypted so it can't be accessed from recovery (unless you disable encryption by editing fstab)
Flashing them from external sdcard should work tho
Also there should be no need to reboot after flashing Magisk.

Thank you! Everything worked perfectly. In the end I didn't have to flash Vanced from recovery, the Vanced installer takes care of it inside Android. I flashed Magisk in recovery from sd card as you suggested, perfect 👍

Question: is it possible to run the Samsung Notes app, (or Samsung device restricted apps in general)?

Thanks again!

HandyMan666

Feb 12, 2021
Hi @Linux4

Just installed youre rom today, it runs almost perfect ! I like the clean rom without apps.

I have only got one issue .

I bought the MOGA Power A Controller from the Samsung webshop, once paired with the stock Samsung Rom
the controller works. When i shutdown the controller and then power it on it works.

But with the Lineage Rom, it also works, but have to pair it each time when i want to use it. (It wont connect when i i put the controller on)(I have to forget the controller in the bluetooth options and then pair it again)

Is there a simple fix for it ?
Thanks in advance!

With my original MS Xbox One Wireless V2 controller there are no issues.

The Moga XP5 XPlus also gots this issue on youre 18.1 rom

HandyMan666

Feb 12, 2021
Is there a way to change the mouse cursor.. I am using a bt mouse, the pointer is a little dot. Like to see a lttle arrow.

The only option possible is in the accesseblity menu, but that arrow is way too big

Last edited:

Linux4

Is there a way to change the mouse cursor.. I am using a bt mouse, the pointer is a little dot. Like to see a lttle arrow.

The only option possible is in the accesseblity menu, but that arrow is way too big

I'd prefer if you'd not post that link in my thread, wrongly modifying up_param is one of the few ways to irreparably hardbrick your samsung device.
I don't get why you'd want to take that risk just for changing an image that is only shown for a few seconds.

That's because sadly android handles the pen like a mouse which means it would normally show a mouse cursor
You currently can't have two separate cursors for mouse and stylus in AOSP based ROMs.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1607247455067.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:
    Note: You may use Odin instead of Heimdall, for this you will need to rename the recovery image to recovery.img and pack it into a tar archive.

Downloads:

Warning: 17.1 is now discontinued, use 18.1 instead

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Support
    Telegram group

Contributors
    Linux4
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Looks awesome man. Why Android 10 when you have an unofficial build of 11?

Magisk's addon.d just doesn't work if /data is encrypted..
    Also for lineage recovery there's a setting "Update Recovery" in Developer Settings which will automatically update recovery
    Btw on 18.1 this setting moved to Setupwizard and Updater settings.
    i will receive this tablet in days, how is s-pen support with lineage os?
    Better than stock. Tilt is borked in stock last time I checked.
    Any idea how to get rid of the horrid initial warnings during boot?

There's a way, but I wouldn't recommend doing it, there's a pretty high chance of hardbricking your device if you mess up bootloader splash images ...
    IMHO it's not worth the risk