• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[DISCONTINUED][ROM][OFFICIAL][gta4xlwifi][10] LineageOS 17.1 for Galaxy Tab S6 Lite (Wi-Fi)

Search This thread

HandyMan666

Feb 12, 2021
I'd prefer if you'd not post that link in my thread, wrongly modifying up_param is one of the few ways to irreparably hardbrick your samsung device.
I don't get why you'd want to take that risk just for changing an image that is only shown for a few seconds.

That's because sadly android handles the pen like a mouse which means it would normally show a mouse cursor
You currently can't have two separate cursors for mouse and stylus in AOSP based ROMs.

Edit it, sorry.

And thank you

berlinerbaer

Feb 27, 2021
Did someone try to install the Samsung Notes app? I'm wondering if it would run on LineageOS.
Planning to install LOS, but since the stock Notes app doesn't need wifi permissions, I thought it would be a great note taking app.
What apps do you recommend? How is your experience so far with the Stylus in comparison to the stock ROM?

coxackie

Feb 10, 2019
Moto G6
Moto G7
Did someone try to install the Samsung Notes app? I'm wondering if it would run on LineageOS.
Planning to install LOS, but since the stock Notes app doesn't need wifi permissions, I thought it would be a great note taking app.
What apps do you recommend? How is your experience so far with the Stylus in comparison to the stock ROM?
You cannot use Samsung Notes with Lineage. Squid is quite good though - even the free version. DOes not do pdf annotations unless you buy premium, but there is xodo for those.

berlinerbaer

Feb 27, 2021
You cannot use Samsung Notes with Lineage. Squid is quite good though - even the free version. DOes not do pdf annotations unless you buy premium, but there is xodo for those.
Thanks! I'll try that. I also saw the Nebo app, but I'm not sure if I could buy the app on Play Store and copy the APK file to my LineageOS installation.
If I want to go back to the stock ROM, all I have to do is flash the stock Rom via Odin right?

Edit:
You should give Nebo a try. You could buy it in Play Store and save the APK and move it to your LineageOS installation...otherwise OneNote does the job aswell.

Last edited:

Bracher

Sep 18, 2009
Hi, I've read some time ago in this post that Nanodroid Patcher does not work on this ROM. Is this still the case? As developpement of (unofficial) LOS updates on my Samsung Note P-600 has stopped I'm thinking about buying an Galaxy Tab 6 lite, but I'm still hesitating as I would like my new tablet to use LOS and microG via Nanodroid. Any information about this issue would be very helpfull for me, thanks and a nice day

birefringence

Mar 19, 2021
I tried to install according to instructions and I was able to successfully flash lineage-17.1-20210317-recovery-gta4xlwifi.img into RECOVERY. However, now I'm stuck:

Long pressing volume down + power always rebooted the device but did not turn it off, now matter how quickly I let go of the keys. But as far as I understand I need a powered off device to boot into recovery with the volume up and power shortcut? Anything else I've tried just got me stuck on the unlocked bootloader warning screen with no way to continue.

Now the battery has run down, so the device is powered off. It does not power on when pressing volume up and power. If I try to supply power externally I always end up stuck in the unlocked bootloader warning screen again no matter which keys I press.

I can still get into download mode by pressing volume up and down and connecting to a PC.

What should I try next?

Before attempting to install Lineage the stock ROM updated itself to the newest Android 11 version. Is that a problem?

Linux4

I tried to install according to instructions and I was able to successfully flash lineage-17.1-20210317-recovery-gta4xlwifi.img into RECOVERY. However, now I'm stuck:

Long pressing volume down + power always rebooted the device but did not turn it off, now matter how quickly I let go of the keys. But as far as I understand I need a powered off device to boot into recovery with the volume up and power shortcut? Anything else I've tried just got me stuck on the unlocked bootloader warning screen with no way to continue.

Now the battery has run down, so the device is powered off. It does not power on when pressing volume up and power. If I try to supply power externally I always end up stuck in the unlocked bootloader warning screen again no matter which keys I press.

I can still get into download mode by pressing volume up and down and connecting to a PC.

What should I try next?

Before attempting to install Lineage the stock ROM updated itself to the newest Android 11 version. Is that a problem?

Looks like it doesn't work on OneUI 3 (will require new oneui 3 kernel and blobs, the ROM is currently using oneui 2 ones)
Downgrade to OneUI 2 (e.g P610XXU2BTK2, I have uploaded it for SM-P610 here)

birefringence

Mar 19, 2021
Thanks for the quick reply!

I've tried flashing it with heimdall after manually unpacking the files. Unfortunately, heimdall got stuck half-way through prism.img (maybe due to the run-down battery? Unfortunately, I couldn't charge it, because the device would not boot up to that point).

Now I only get a message on the screen saying that I should use Emergency Recovery of Smart Switch. I tried that on my windows setup but it does not recognize the device. Did I brick it?

birefringence

Mar 19, 2021
Sorry for the noise, I failed to notice that Odin mode was actually still active inspite of the silly screen. So after a few tries, everything worked as expected. Thanks again for your help!

Bracher

Sep 18, 2009
For those who might be interested: Nanodroid microG AND Nanodroid Patcher work well on this ROM if you flash them via Magisk (files stored on the external card).
I'm so happy thanks a lot to the developper

berlinerbaer

Feb 27, 2021
Hi everyone,
Is there any way to perform a fresh install of Lineage, so that it overwrites the Gapps installation?

Got it...for noobs like me:
  • Download Stock ROM from Sammobile
  • Install Samsung USB drivers (for mobile phones worked for me)
  • Install Odin
  • unpack .zip from Sammobile
  • in Odin choose AP, BL and CSC file (not HOME_CSC)
  • connect tablet to PC, check if Odin recognizes it and then click on start ...

Last edited:

berlinerbaer

Feb 27, 2021
Hey thanks for your reply. I'm actually looking into buying this device, to use for taking down lecture notes. How is your experience so far with using the s-pen with LOS?
It works great! Tested it with OneNote and Nebo. S-Pen works as on stock rom, just without the air commands. But overall, LineageOS is much snappier and fluent than the stock Android with OneUI.
Thanks @Linux4 for making this possible! 😎

Reactions: Linux4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1607247455067.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:
    Note: You may use Odin instead of Heimdall, for this you will need to rename the recovery image to recovery.img and pack it into a tar archive.

Downloads:

Warning: 17.1 is now discontinued, use 18.1 instead

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Support
    Telegram group

Contributors
    Linux4
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Looks awesome man. Why Android 10 when you have an unofficial build of 11?

Development of 10 (LOS 17.1) has reached maturity and stability enough, and thanks to having @Linux4 on our side and his work / dedication, to push into Lineage's "official" status. While the 11 (LOS 18.1) builds are not yet "official" yet, and in some ways still a big WIP.

You might notice plenty of other devices never end up with an "official" build of LOS / certain versions. Sometimes it's even just a matter of if the dev just doesn't want to bother submitting an application to Lineage to bring it to official status. Or maybe certain hardware components aren't working and / or never feasibly will outside of stock (Samsung is famous for keeping some of their device drivers / kernels completely closed-source. Also I ditched Samsung phones after Galaxy S5 because they locked down the Snapdragon variants so hard, even on previously unlockable carrier variants like T-Mobile - while many regions particularly outside of USA had Exynos variants with unlockable BL and such).

Anyway, I did have a question for ya @Linux4: I just flashed the 01/13/2021 update over installed 01/06/2021 system using Lineage Updater. This went as smoothly as anyone can ask for, except that I noticed I lost root after booting back up, and I had to flash Magisk again afterwards (can just flash the zip in Lineage Recovery, no big deal). Apparently Lineage Updater/Recovery must have ignored or missed the Magisk addon.d script? Gapps (OpenGapps "Stock") persisted though, and no Google apps / services seem wonky at all. I can only assume the Magisk addon.d script was there before OTA, but of course I can't know for sure after the fact. I checked just now and see it, so I'll keep my eyes on it when next OTA comes around. (I have 50-lineage.sh, 70-gapps.sh, and 99-magisk.sh - all looks as it should be)

On another note - just use Lineage Recovery for now, people! Unfortunately I learned my lesson last week, when I tried to flash the OTA with TWRP and ended up in bootloop, due to ignoring warnings about FBE. Flashing back to 12/30/2020 didn't work either, whether with TWRP or Lineage Recovery, so I had to factory wipe. Oops.

Edit: one more question: does Lineage Recovery also get updated when flashing the new system update / OTA? Or would we need to do that manually via odin / sdk tools / terminal? And (if not automatically updated) when would we know when it's actually necessary / when we should actually bother? Sorry, I'm actually new to Lineage Recovery myself... Thanks L!
    Development of 10 (LOS 17.1) has reached maturity and stability enough, and thanks to having @Linux4 on our side and his work / dedication, to push into Lineage's "official" status. While the 11 (LOS 18.1) builds are not yet "official" yet, and in some ways still a big WIP.

You might notice plenty of other devices never end up with an "official" build of LOS / certain versions. Sometimes it's even just a matter of if the dev just doesn't want to bother submitting an application to Lineage to bring it to official status. Or maybe certain hardware components aren't working and / or never feasibly will outside of stock (Samsung is famous for keeping some of their device drivers / kernels completely closed-source. Also I ditched Samsung phones after Galaxy S5 because they locked down the Snapdragon variants so hard, even on previously unlockable carrier variants like T-Mobile - while many regions particularly outside of USA had Exynos variants with unlockable BL and such).

Anyway, I did have a question for ya @Linux4: I just flashed the 01/13/2021 update over installed 01/06/2021 system using Lineage Updater. This went as smoothly as anyone can ask for, except that I noticed I lost root after booting back up, and I had to flash Magisk again afterwards (can just flash the zip in Lineage Recovery, no big deal). Apparently Lineage Updater/Recovery must have ignored or missed the Magisk addon.d script? Gapps (OpenGapps "Stock") persisted though, and no Google apps / services seem wonky at all. I can only assume the Magisk addon.d script was there before OTA, but of course I can't know for sure after the fact. I checked just now and see it, so I'll keep my eyes on it when next OTA comes around. (I have 50-lineage.sh, 70-gapps.sh, and 99-magisk.sh - all looks as it should be)

On another note - just use Lineage Recovery for now, people! Unfortunately I learned my lesson last week, when I tried to flash the OTA with TWRP and ended up in bootloop, due to ignoring warnings about FBE. Flashing back to 12/30/2020 didn't work either, whether with TWRP or Lineage Recovery, so I had to factory wipe. Oops.

Edit: one more question: does Lineage Recovery also get updated when flashing the new system update / OTA? Or would we need to do that manually via odin / sdk tools / terminal? And (if not automatically updated) when would we know when it's actually necessary / when we should actually bother? Sorry, I'm actually new to Lineage Recovery myself... Thanks L!

Magisk's addon.d just doesn't work if /data is encrypted..
    Also for lineage recovery there's a setting "Update Recovery" in Developer Settings which will automatically update recovery
    Btw on 18.1 this setting moved to Setupwizard and Updater settings.
    i will receive this tablet in days, how is s-pen support with lineage os?
    Better than stock. Tilt is borked in stock last time I checked.
    Any idea how to get rid of the horrid initial warnings during boot?

There's a way, but I wouldn't recommend doing it, there's a pretty high chance of hardbricking your device if you mess up bootloader splash images ...
    IMHO it's not worth the risk