LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
#include <std_disclaimer.h> /* * Your warranty is now void. * * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. * */
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.
- Download the latest build, official TWRP (3.3.0 and newer) and GApps (if you need them)
- Boot the downloaded TWRP via fastboot
- Flash the latest build
- Reboot to bootloader and boot TWRP once again
- Flash GApps and any other necessary add-ons
- Official builds: LineageOS
- Recovery: Official TWRP
- Google Apps: OpenGApps (nano package is advisable, but you definitely should avoid using stock/super packages)
- Common device tree: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_xiaomi_msm8953-common
- Device tree: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_xiaomi_tissot
- Kernel: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_xiaomi_msm8953
LineageOS 16.0 for Xiaomi Mi A1, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi A1
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
Last Updated 2020-04-09