[Discontinued][ROM][Onclite]LineageOS 17.1 nightlies[OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

NMrocks

• Nov 3, 2020
    India
    Hey there after installing this custom rom will I be able to play pokemon go?
    Probably not, I think Pokemon Go requires a locked bootloader for some (I don't know what) reason, and AFAIK magisk hide doesn't work properly for it too
    Edit: fixed typo

Last edited:

Sky994

Jun 28, 2018
    Probably not, I think Pokemon Go requires a locked bootloader for some (I don't know what) reason, and AFAIK magisk hide doesn't work properly for it too
    Edit: fixed typo

Yep, that's what I was thinking, i read that niantic is looking for the twrp, and magisk -.-''
    I'm not interested in getting the phone rooted, I just got the notice that the Redmi 7 wouldn't get any updates beside security patches so I was looking for options, after unlocking u can't lock the bootloader again right? (sorry for noob questions)

Last edited:

dzaxx

May 11, 2009
    Gdynia
    Is there any soluton for proximity sensor? I`ve black screen when somebody call to me, or when i dial a number.
    I`ve tried Proximity Sensor Reset/Override without success.

r6680jc

Sep 6, 2009
    Yogyakarta & Purbalingga
    Yep, that's what I was thinking, i read that niantic is looking for the twrp, and magisk -.-''
    I'm not interested in getting the phone rooted, I just got the notice that the Redmi 7 wouldn't get any updates beside security patches so I was looking for options, after unlocking u can't lock the bootloader again right? (sorry for noob questions)
    You can relock the bootloader again after unlocking, but make sure you're on stock unmodified ROM when relocking (the safest way to relock bootloader is to flash stock fastboot ROM with option flash all + lock).

Darth Bidder

May 11, 2017
    Xiaomi Redmi 7
    I've installed Pokemon Go just last week and I have the 11-08-2021 build installed on my Redmi 7. Just install Magisk and enable Magisk Hide for Pokemon Go.

Don't forget to install the Magisk module called "Magisk Hide Props Config". Use Terminaal then change the fingerprint to Redmi 7 (Global). I'm not sure if you need to enable the "Hide Magisk Manager" option because I've already done that before I even tried running Pokemon Go.

By default, LOS 17.1 for Redmi 7 doesn't pass Safety.net so most likely you won't be able to play PoGo with this custom ROM unless you install Magisk and do the steps above.

Sky994

Jun 28, 2018
    I've installed Pokemon Go just last week and I have the 11-08-2021 build installed on my Redmi 7. Just install Magisk and enable Magisk Hide for Pokemon Go.

Don't forget to install the Magisk module called "Magisk Hide Props Config". Use Terminaal then change the fingerprint to Redmi 7 (Global). I'm not sure if you need to enable the "Hide Magisk Manager" option because I've already done that before I even tried running Pokemon Go.

By default, LOS 17.1 for Redmi 7 doesn't pass Safety.net so most likely you won't be able to play PoGo with this custom ROM unless you install Magisk and do the steps above.

Thank u very much!
    Is there somewhere I can watch/read a tutorial for this? Last time I installed a custom ROM was on my Xperia J and it's been a while

r6680jc

Sep 6, 2009
    Yogyakarta & Purbalingga

If you have some free time to spend, using terminal commands, can you show me the values of those:

getprop ro.build.fingerprint
    getprop ro.build.version.security_patch

getprop ro.boot.verifiedbootstate
    getprop ro.boot.veritymode
    getprop ro.boot.vbmeta.device_state

Thanks.

redcap_

Oct 4, 2008
    Hello all, I would give a big thank you to all contributors of the great LineageOS onclite ROM.
    I have installed in on my redmi 7, with GApps nano and Magisk (I upgraded from Bootleggers ROM which is also a great ROM). Its very stable and its working great.
    The only thing I miss from Bootleggers was the Recents list (which was a which would even allow to kill an app).
    Thank you all, happy holidays

onebond

Aug 2, 2018
    Bug report for Lineage OS 17.1 nightlies

So I tried it and found following bugs :
    => NikG Apps or Flame Gapps where recommended but they don't install although you see a installation successful message from recovery but when device boots it don't have GApps (instead i tried Open Gapps nano and that worked perfectly for me)
    => No watsapp Mod will be working in the rom
    => You can't record your voice as mic doesn't seems to work with recorder app as well whatsapp although it seems perfectly working on calls.
    => Device takes too long for reebot
    => There are some lags and app freezings

how to install those third party google store app from linageos official recovery?
    there is no install botton.
    thanx.

main menu:
    reboot
    apply update
    factory reset
    advanced

ok,i figured out. 'apply update'=twrp's install

Last edited:

r6680jc

Sep 6, 2009
    Yogyakarta & Purbalingga
    SafetyNet passed and device is certified in Google Play, without magisk, only modifying some props.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201220-183602_Termux.png
      Screenshot_20201220-183602_Termux.png
      105.8 KB · Views: 43
    • Screenshot_20201220-183745_SafetyNet_Test.png
      Screenshot_20201220-183745_SafetyNet_Test.png
      80 KB · Views: 46
    • Screenshot_20201220-183822_Google_Play_Store.png
      Screenshot_20201220-183822_Google_Play_Store.png
      102.4 KB · Views: 40

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      ElEGfr4.png

Code:
      /*
       * Your warranty is now void.
       * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
       * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
       * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
       * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
       * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
       */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

What's working:
      • WiFi
      • RIL (Calls , SMS , Data)
      • Bluetooth
      • Fingerprint
      • Audio
      • Video
      • Camera
      • Camcorder
      • Flash
      • IR
      • FM Radio
      • Sensors
      • LED
      • GPS
      • VoLTE
      • VoWiFi
      • Encryption (FBE)

Known issues:
      • you tell me

Downloads:

Instructions:
      • Reboot to recovery
      • Format /system, /data and /cache
      • Install LineageOS zip package
      • Install GApps of your choice [optional]
      • Reboot

Important note:
      • Format data is necessary if MIUI was previously installed or device was encrypted with other encryption methods like FBE.
      • No Custom Kernels are supported in this thread.

Device wiki:

Device sources:

XDA:DevDB Information
      Lineage OS for Redmi 7, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi 7

Contributors
      Dhina_17
      Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
      ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
      ROM Firmware Required: Pie firmware
      Based On: AOSP

Version Information
      Stable Release Date: 2020-04-19

Created 2020-04-19
      Last Updated 2020-07-29
      Happy to announce that We are now LineageOS official. ;)

Refer this to move from unofficial build to official build.

https://wiki.lineageos.org/signing_builds.html#test-keys-to-official-or-vice-versa
      Changelogs:
      April 19, 2020:
      • Initial build
      • SELinux Enforcing
      • Updated Blobs from LA.UM.8.6.2.r1-06600-89xx.0
      • Kernel - Upstreamed to 4.9.219
      • Kernel - Merged latest CAF tag LA.UM.8.6.2.r1-06900-89xx.0

May 29, 2020:
      • Initial official release
      • Updated Blobs from daisy Q release
      • Kernel - Upstreamed to 4.9.224
      • Kernel - Merged latest CAF tag LA.UM.8.6.2.r1-07100-89xx.0

Check changelogs for upcoming nightlies here
      Is this some kind of conspiracy? Nowhere does the fm radio work!
      From next release,it will be fixed
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone