Discontinued! [ROM][OneUI 2.5 BTIB][Sep 28][Stock Heavily Debloated][G980F/G985F][Flash with Odin]

Search This thread

Davidrv65

Nov 2, 2017
hola, ¿planeas lanzar rom para sm g981b?

Translation: hi, are you planning to release rom for sm g981b?

Icono de Validado por la comunidad

Last edited by a moderator:

GeeAyeZee

Account currently disabled
Anyone tested this with drivedroid? Looking for a firmware which is compatible

Nobody is even replying on this rom or building by the looks. I tried using drivedroid on my phone the other night with no custom rom on it and it still didn't work. I don't think drivedroid gets on very well with Android 11. Maybe try something like this.... https://github.com/9ary/android_usb_msd

Reactions: oleary

czuppa

Aug 15, 2010
Nobody is even replying on this rom or building by the looks. I tried using drivedroid on my phone the other night with no custom rom on it and it still didn't work. I don't think drivedroid gets on very well with Android 11. Maybe try something like this.... https://github.com/9ary/android_usb_msd
There are people here, for example, asking if after installing the rom they would continue to receive the official updates! (sic) I guess the developer got tired

Reactions: oleary

oleary

Oct 27, 2016

Thank you, ive tried that too, but no dice and also no longer in development. Maybe someone will update either project one day. Ill take a look at beyond 2.0

Reactions: GeeAyeZee

hmy65

Oct 15, 2019
Sydney
I am sorry to inform everyone this rom will be discontinued since I sold the S20(Exynos-Australia-unlocked). I bought the S21(Snapdragon-CN-unlocked). So you may expect I could make rom for the snapdragon variant.

Some info about S21: The CN version of S21 is probably the cheapest in the world as far as I knew. (4999rmb - 500rmb(shopping card)= 4499rmb = 695usd = 900aud). Since the CN version(no Google) use the same hardware as the HK version, so you can easily flash HK stock firmware(with Google). Also, not like the rubbish US version, the CN/HK/TW snapdragon version are all bootloader unlockable just like all other exynos version.
Since I am gonna unlock the bootloader so warranty means nothing to me.

Thanks for eveyone's great support.

Last edited:

GeeAyeZee

I am sorry to inform everyone this rom will be discontinued since I sold the S20(Exynos-Australia-unlocked). I bought the S21(Snapdragon-CN-unlocked). So you may expect I could make rom for the snapdragon variant.

Some info about S21: The CN version of S21 is probably the cheapest in the world as far as I knew. (4999rmb - 500rmb(shopping card)= 4499rmb = 695usd = 900aud). Since the CN version(no Google) use the same hardware as the HK version, so you can easily flash HK stock firmware(with Google). Also, not like the rubbish US version, the CN/HK/TW snapdragon version are all bootloader unlockable just like all other exynos version.
Since I am gonna unlock the bootloader so warranty means nothing to me.

Thanks for eveyone's great support.
++9

Hey man, what are the chances of a brief instructional so that those of us that have been waiting the entire time can make our own version of the rom for our devices if they werent included? I have an SM-G988B and am still very eager to have a version like this for my device....

hmy65

Oct 15, 2019
Sydney
++9

Hey man, what are the chances of a brief instructional so that those of us that have been waiting the entire time can make our own version of the rom for our devices if they werent included? I have an SM-G988B and am still very eager to have a version like this for my device....

I used lpmake/lpunpack to unpack and repack super.img in linux. But if you wanna work on windows you can use superr-kitchen.

There are tons of instruction in this link show you how to make your own rom, but still you better have some command line knowledge.

Just saw u from adelaide, let me say australia get worst price this year again. The S21 starts at 1250aud but I get my own at 900aud. :)

Last edited:

GeeAyeZee

I used lpmake/lpunpack to unpack and repack super.img in linux. But if you wanna work on windows you can use superr-kitchen.

There are tons of instruction in this link show you how to make your own rom, but still you better have some command line knowledge.

Just saw u from adelaide, let me say australia get worst price this year again. The S21 starts at 1250aud but I get my own at 900aud. :)

Yeah I honestly aren't interested in the S21 man, I think it's gonna be the start of a decline in quality for the S series.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please read the following instructions carefully :).

Download Link(only latest):
    G980F Version 1.2.0 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w-5cKNsord7KwvfOAD8hTvxhAS__6mmo/view?usp=sharing
    G985F Version 1.1.0 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kEOkf5Yfs3DGDYjSwph-mINwmOtZ2JUR/view
    G981B Planed
    G986B Planed
    G988B Planed Should be next since I got tons of request.

This custom firmware is based on stock S20(+) G980(5)FXXU4BTH5 . Please make sure you are using G980F/G985F. The G980F is a unblocked 4G version S20, the G985F is a unblocked 4G version S20+.
    Depending on the feedbacks and requirements, I might make for other variants in the future. But now, G980F/G985F are the only supported devices.

Disclaimer:
    1.This firmware has been tested on G980F real device properly, however, you choose to use at your own risk.
    2.Feedbacks are generally welcomed, but please use "search thread" function before ask how to fix xxx problem.

Features:
    1.Patched boot.img with Magisk. thanks (https://github.com/topjohnwu/magisk_files/tree/canary)
    2.Debloat system.img/product.img, full list below.
    3.Deknox system.img/product.img, full list below.
    4.Debloat prism.img, full list below.
    5.Debloat userdata.img, full list below.
    6.Build.prop tweaks in system.img.
    7.Replace Samsung default apps(Contacts, Calender, Clock, Calculator, Messages, Dialer, Recorder) to Google apps in system.img.
    8.Clear Bootlogo, thanks (https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s20/development/s20-5g-clean-bootlogo-unlocking-t4067177)
    9.Mod optics.img to unlock the advanced features, thanks (https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s20/development/magisk-module-decodedcscfeaturesfiles-t4082445)
    10.Mod vbmeta.img to disable Android Verified Boot(proved in screenshot below), thanks (https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s20/how-to/howto-root-s20-series-upgrade-firmware-t4079353)
    11.Disable first boot initial setup wizard, your first boot will enter the system straight away.
    12.Debloat media/audio(alarms, notification, ringtones), replace with theme audio from Samsung/Google Pixel/Sony.
    13.Youtube No Ad version included. Please disable auto update from Google Play, if you accidentally update youtube, you can always uninstall update from google play, thanks (https://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/app-youtube-vanced-edition-t3758757)
    14.All apps up-to-date(28/9/2020) in this rom.

How to flash?
    0. Back up all your data.
    1. OEM unlock follow (https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s20/how-to/howto-root-s20-series-upgrade-firmware-t4079353)
    2. Download the zip file flash with Odin.
    3. Choose BL, AP and CP. Please note there is no CSC.tar in this zip, since CSC files are included in AP.
    4. After flashing, make sure wipe data/factory reset in recovery. (Volume up + power button when boot up)
    5. Enjoy!

Changelog:
    1.Support G980F
    2.Based on BTIB OneUI 2.5 Sep Patch, (1.Improved performance. - Camera 2.The security of your device has been improved.) (https://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-G980F/DBT/doc.html)
    3.Fix Samsung Health compatibility, you can install from Google Play or Samsung store.
    4.Replace Samsung Dialer with Google Dialer, now we are Samsung app free except the Samsung Gallery app, since stock camera app can only open gallery.
    5.Fix some bugs here and there.

1.Support G980F/G985F.
    2.Based on BTH5 OneUI 2.5, all apps update-to-date.
    3.Fix some bugs here and there.
    4.Debloat list update.

1.Support G980F.
    2.All basic features implemented.

FAQ/Known issues:
    1.Accessibility -> Visibility enhancements can not be open. This is due to nasty Samsung requires Samsung keyboard's content provider to open this setting. Since Samsung keyboard is considered as bloatware, so you wouldn't be able to open this setting. But in reality, there is nothing need to be set in this setting unless you are colour-blind or having other vision disorder.
    2.Please don't mod /system partition. Originally, if you using the official firmware, you can't even edit /system partition. Now you can with edited super.img and root access, but it will cause boot loop. I believe this is a mount issue with logical partition. To save your soft brick phone, the easily way is extract super.img from AP, compress super.img to super.tar, then simply flash super.tar as AP in odin and reboot, no need to wipe data/factory reset.
    3.Riru Edxposed is fully compatible, since it is systemless.
    4.If you found any app you want to use is in the debloat list, you can try to manually install but please do not ask me how to fix certain apps, such questions won't be answered again and again.
    5.Generally speaking, if you found any app does not work but it is not in the debloat list, chances are you forgot wipe data/cache in recovery after flashing this rom.

Screenshots:
    Screenshot_20200823-155606_One%20UI%20Home.jpg
    3c682c2b5d0891f13835ae8268e6120.jpg

Here is a list of bloats been deleted in system.img/product.img.

#Knox
    system\app\BBCAgent
    system\app\KnoxAttestationAgent
    system\app\MDMApp
    system\app\SecurityLogAgent
    system\app\UniversalMDMClient
    system\priv-app\DiagMonAgent
    system\priv-app\KLMSAgent
    system\priv-app\KnoxCore
    system\priv-app\knoxvpnproxyhandler
    system\priv-app\knoxanalyticsagent
    system\priv-app\KnoxDesktopLauncher
    system\priv-app\KnoxKeyChain
    system\container
    system\etc\permissions\knoxsdk_mdm.xml
    system\etc\permissions\knoxsdk_edm.xml

#Skip Setup & Restore
    product\priv-app\SetupWizard
    product\priv-app\GoogleOneTimeInitializer
    product\priv-app\GoogleRestore

#AR
    system\app\ARDrawing
    system\app\ARZone
    system\app\ARCore
    system\app\VisionARApps1.1
    system\priv-app\AREmoji
    system\priv-app\AREmojiEditor
    system\priv-app\AvatarEmojiSticker*
    system\priv-app\AutoDoodle_Q
    system\priv-app\LiveStickers

#Bixby
    system\app\*Bixby*
    system\app\VisionARApps
    system\app\VisionIntelligence*
    system\priv-app\Bixby*
    system\priv-app\Routines
    system\priv-app\*Bixby*

#Wearable
    system\app\AntHalService
    system\app\ANTPlusPlugins
    system\app\ANTPlusTest
    system\app\GearManagerStub
    system\priv-app\ANTRadioService

#Dex
    system\priv-app\DesktopModeUiService
    system\priv-app\DeXonPC
    system\priv-app\SystemUIDesktop

#Original Youtube
    product\app\YouTube

#Samsung Mixed
    system\app\ClockPackage
    system\app\DailyBoard
    system\app\GameOptimizingService
    system\app\HoneyBoard
    system\app\KidsHome_Installer
    system\app\LinkSharing*
    system\app\LiveDrawing
    system\app\SamsungCalendar
    system\app\SamsungDaily
    system\app\SamsungPassAutofill*
    system\app\SamsungTTS
    system\app\SBrowserEdge
    system\app\SecFactoryPhoneTest
    system\app\SetupWizardLegalProvider
    system\app\SmartSwitchAgent
    system\app\SmartReminder
    system\app\VideoEditorLite_Dream_N
    system\app\VideoTrimmer
    system\app\Weather_SEP*
    system\priv-app\AuthFramework
    system\priv-app\GameHome
    system\priv-app\GameOptimizingService
    system\priv-app\GameTools_Dream
    system\priv-app\MateAgent
    system\priv-app\PreloadInstaller
    system\priv-app\SamsungContacts
    system\priv-app\SamsungCloudClient*
    system\priv-app\SamsungMessages*
    system\priv-app\SamsungPass
    system\priv-app\SamsungSocial
    system\priv-app\SendHelpMessage
    system\priv-app\SmartSwitchAssistant
    system\priv-app\SecMyFiles*
    system\priv-app\SOAgent
    system\priv-app\SPPPushClient
    system\priv-app\SVoiceIME
    system\priv-app\OneDrive*
    system\priv-app\Tips

#Other Mixed
    product\app\DuoStub
    product\priv-app\AndroidAutoStub
    product\priv-app\Turbo
    system\app\AutomationTest_FB
    system\app\BasicDreams
    system\app\BlockchainBasicKit
    system\app\CarmodeStub
    system\app\DictDiotekForSec
    system\app\DRParser
    system\app\DuoStub
    system\app\EasterEgg
    system\app\EasyOneHand3
    system\app\ESEServiceAgent
    system\app\Facebook_stub
    system\app\FBAppManager_NS
    system\app\FactoryAirCommandManager
    system\app\FactoryCameraFB
    system\app\FlipboardBriefing
    system\app\HandwritingService
    system\app\IceCone
    system\app\Netflix_activationCommon
    system\app\Netflix_stub
    system\app\SafetyInformation
    system\app\WebManual
    system\app\WifiGuider
    system\priv-app\AndroidAutoStub
    system\priv-app\ContainerAgent*
    system\priv-app\DigitalWellbeing
    system\priv-app\EnhancedAttestationAgent
    system\priv-app\FBInstaller_NS
    system\priv-app\FBServices
    system\priv-app\Fmm
    system\priv-app\FotaAgent
    system\priv-app\HealthService
    system\priv-app\LedBackCoverAppHubble
    system\priv-app\LedCoverService
    system\priv-app\LinkToWindowsService
    system\priv-app\ManagedProvisioning
    system\priv-app\NSFusedLocation*
    system\priv-app\PaymentFramework
    system\priv-app\RubinVersion*
    system\priv-app\SecureFolder
    system\priv-app\Upday
    system\priv-app\YourPhone*
    system\preload\SmartSwitch
    system\etc\recovery-resource.dat
    system\recovery-from-boot.p
    system\hidden\INTERNAL_SDCARD\Samsung
    system\media\audio\ui\Media_preview_Over_the_horizon.ogg
    system\tts

Here is a screenshot of bloats in prism.img

prism.png

Here is a screenshot of bloats in userdata.img

b7dfbe77d958bc8dcb3eb99ea304f3a.png
    ++9

Hanging out for SM-G988B
    hi man,

can you do the same for S20Ultra G988B?
    or if you can share what you used to do maybe someone could do it for S20Ultra G988B.

thanks.

Hi, I only have S20 G980F. To release a custom firmware, I need to test it on real device to make sure it won't break your phone, because I can't expect everyone to have the ability to save their soft-bricked phone. I saw some people doing this to expect others to test for them, but that is not my current way of doing things, maybe it will change in the future. Thanks for understanding.