May 28, 2013
Saudi Arabia
web.facebook.com
OnePlus 6T

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Titan
(For Thea, go here )
What is this?
Pixel Experience is an AOSP/CAF based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 9.0

Whats working?
Wifi
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera (With HDR)
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
FMRadio
Lights
Sound / vibration

Known issues
Nothing

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
Download from XDA

Donate
Liked my work? Give ROM developer a beer
Liked this ROM? Give ROM maintainer a burger
Translation
Help with project translation

Telegram channel
Stay tuned

Credits for titan:
@LuK1337 : for trees, our codes and works mostly depends on his code
@RenanQueiroz : For his trees, cant thank him enough, all pie builds are based on his fixed trees
@jhenrique09
@AdrianDC
@luca020400

XDA:DevDB Information
Pixel Experience Pie For Titan, ROM for the Moto G 2014

Contributors
thedeadfish59
Source Code: https://github.com/PixelExperience

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader, Latest TWRP Recovery
Based On: AOSP+LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2019-04-17
Last Updated 2019-06-06

Last edited:

thedeadfish59

May 28, 2013
Saudi Arabia
web.facebook.com
OnePlus 6T
Changelog:

Code:
===================
   17-04-2019
===================
--Initial build

===================
    21-04-2019
===================
--Fixed some fc
--Selinux fixes

===================
    23-04-2019
===================
--Official Release
--Facelock fixed
--Adreno Blobs updated
-Performance improvements
===================
    06-06-2019
===================
-June Security Patch
-Performance Improvements
-Memory improvements for multitasking
-Camera app with HDR support
-Time Zone Toggle fixed
-Some fixes with power saving mode
-Few optimizations

Common Ques:

Q: Is there any common Pie discussion thread available?
A: Sure here it is! [url]https://xdaforums.com/moto-g-2014/general/discussion-pie-rom-discussion-thread-t3834902[/URL]

Q: Are you going to update it daily?
A: Only when I get time, since its official now, it will get every security patch

Q: How much fluid is it?
A: Use it and decide then

Q: Is this ROM smoother than XYZ ROM? ?
A: Do compare yourself

Q: Can you make overclock kernel for this rom?
A: Nope (If I do, that would be a separate project)

Q: Suitable for Daily driver?
A: Depends on your usage

Q: Are you going to fix bleh?
A: Whenever I will feel to fix, whenever it will be possible

Q: Facelock stops working after reboot, did you notice?
A: Okay, I noticed that happening, what is workaround, is to go to smart lock, select improve face matching, then save face data, then in battery optimizations (Apps>Trusted Face>Battery), Select Dont optimize, then your facelock will start working again, even after rebooting

Q: Screenshots?
A: Check #2

Q: When will you release the next build?
A: Asking for ETA is a sin

Q: Want to report bugs! Device is dancing like a maniac
A: There is an old meme I like bout this

url]

Q: I want to donate LineageOS developers, and whoever maintaining ROMs, they worked so hard for titan

A: Here you can do that

Last edited:

BachuArg

Feb 24, 2011
Buenos Aires
Can you tell us about the lag and fluidness of the rom? I didnt like the Pie and Oreo I've tried and returned to 7.1.2 but never the less I really appreciate devs making efforts to make our old moto g to be updated.

Thanks for your work and for giving us a new rom.

thedeadfish59

May 28, 2013
Saudi Arabia
web.facebook.com
OnePlus 6T

LightWard

Dec 5, 2018
Santa Cruz
Finally Pixel Experience android 9 for my great friend g 2014, thank you all the members of the rom I love all of you from the bottom of my heart. I hope you do not give up on this rom for this device.

Jun 1, 2018
Asturias
Just how??

I've been wondering for ages if Pixel Experience Pie would be a real thing or not as it was discontinued in the official site. Today I found out this post and got to flash it...

What an amazing job for the developer!! This ROM is even more fluid than LineageOS 16 in my Moto G2 of 8GB. Not 60FPS by far, but completely usable as second device for music, social media or really low games (#Drive, Smash Bandits...)

Im gonna keep using this device for a week and I will update its evolution.

REALLY IMPRESSED <3

thedeadfish59

May 28, 2013
Saudi Arabia
web.facebook.com
OnePlus 6T
Update(21/04/2019)
  • Some FC fixed (Google Text To Speech and many)
  • SELinux fixes
  • Enabled Google Assistant (OK Google)
  • Few optimizations

Attention:
1. To make Google Assistant work, you might need to select Google as Assistant Default, to do so, go to Settings>Apps & Notifications>Default Apps> Assist and Voice input, select Google as default. Then reboot.
2. It might cause lag while using assistant, not because of pie rom, but your device has 1GB ram and new Google app needs new hardware things, make sure you dont complain about that, recent Google Apps are pretty heavy for legacy devices
3. You can always update google apps, but new software might cause lag...If you want to stop auto updating google apps, you can turn if off on playstore
4. Those who are facing facelock crashes, flash this right after flashing the rom (Before opening Smart Lock)

Download: AFH

A facial lock option is not working.

Hope this will help you

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2018
Asturias
Tip and Comment - Update 2019 04 21

Update(21/04/2019)
  • Some FC fixed (Google Text To Speech and many)
  • SELinux fixes
  • Enabled Google Assistant (OK Google)
  • Few optimizations

Attention:
1. To make Google Assistant work, you might need to select Google as Assistant Default, to do so, go to Settings>Apps & Notifications>Default Apps> Assist and Voice input, select Google as default. Then reboot.
2. It might cause lag while using assistant, not because of pie rom, but your device has 1GB ram and new Google app needs new hardware things, make sure you dont complain about that, recent Google Apps are pretty heavy for legacy devices
3. You can always update google apps, but new software might cause lag...If you dont want to stop auto updating google apps, you can turn if off on playstore
4. Those who are facing facelock crashes, flash this right after flashing the rom (Before opening Smart Lock)

Download: AFH

Hope this will help you

Consider I flashed the update without wiping the previous ROM, just as an update

First of all, everything seemed to work fine, but after couple of minuts later, Pixel Launcher restarted itself non-stop. The fix was just deleting the app's data.

Assistant works perfectly fine, I think is the first ROM I've tried that runs it. (I tried Pixel Experience Android 8.1 and LineageOS 16 Unofficial)
Also performance upgrades seem to be present, but slightly, which is completely undertandable
:good: :good: :good: :good:

Reactions: LightWard

thedeadfish59

May 28, 2013
Saudi Arabia
web.facebook.com
OnePlus 6T
Consider I flashed the update without wiping the previous ROM, just as an update

First of all, everything seemed to work fine, but after couple of minuts later, Pixel Launcher restarted itself non-stop. The fix was just deleting the app's data.

Assistant works perfectly fine, I think is the first ROM I've tried that runs it. (I tried Pixel Experience Android 8.1 and LineageOS 16 Unofficial)
Also performance upgrades seem to be present, but slightly, which is completely undertandable
:good: :good: :good: :good:

Dirty flashes are still not recommended, i ll tell when it would be fine to do dirty flash

t334go

Aug 30, 2017
Belo Horizonte
First of all, thanks for bringing this one to us. You rock man.
I've been using latest build since release, not a single bug so far. It feels just as smooth as LOS 16, though it has a little stuttering while scrolling on drawer (with every launcher I tried), and this is the only lag I see. Great, nice improvement from previous build.
However I noticed three **REALLY SMALL** issues that somehow bothers me and I'll try to describe them at my best considering my poor english. Please note that I dont care if you ever gonna fix those, I'm sticking to this a little longer as I love PE.
1- Icons on default launcher looks cropped as if they are bigger than they should so they get somehow 'squared'.
2- Offline charging shows no percentage.
3- (oh boy, this is gonna be hard to describe) Buttons on navbar gets buggy sometimes. Remember that bug on google photos, which made pics look as if they were 'scratched' or with 'missing pixels'? This is it. Everytime I scroll to google feed or open and close drawer (everytime an image or screen goes behind navbar, for that matter) buttons get buggy. Clicking the weird button fixes it, however.
Well, this is it. Great job @thedeadfish59. Thank you very much for everything you've done so far. Peace ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: LightWard

thedeadfish59

May 28, 2013
Saudi Arabia
web.facebook.com
OnePlus 6T
First of all, thanks for bringing this one to us. You rock man.
I've been using latest build since release, not a single bug so far. It feels just as smooth as LOS 16, though it has a little stuttering while scrolling on drawer (with every launcher I tried), and this is the only lag I see. Great, nice improvement from previous build.
However I noticed three **REALLY SMALL** issues that somehow bothers me and I'll try to describe them at my best considering my poor english. Please note that I dont care if you ever gonna fix those, I'm sticking to this a little longer as I love PE.
1- Icons on default launcher looks cropped as if they are bigger than they should so they get somehow 'squared'.
2- Offline charging shows no percentage.
3- (oh boy, this is gonna be hard to describe) Buttons on navbar gets buggy sometimes. Remember that bug on google photos, which made pics look as if they were 'scratched' or with 'missing pixels'? This is it. Everytime I scroll to google feed or open and close drawer (everytime an image or screen goes behind navbar, for that matter) buttons get buggy. Clicking the weird button fixes it, however.
Well, this is it. Great job @thedeadfish59. Thank you very much for everything you've done so far. Peace ;)

Am trying to make this ROM official, and soon every single issues should be solved, i ll pick renan's latest changes on next build, gimme some time, note that RR has already Renan's latest changes

LightWard

Dec 5, 2018
Santa Cruz
Eternal gratitude

@thedeadfish59

Thank you very much, I have a lot to thank you for striving to develop such a wonderful rom for my faithful friend, Moto-G2, I hope that in the official version she is one of the best roms.
I wish all the success in the world for you, and once again thank you very much for being interested in this simple device but that there are still many people who use it.

OBS: I hope you understand what you are not just writing, help from my friend "Google Translate."

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Titan
    (For Thea, go here )
    What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP/CAF based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 9.0

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera (With HDR)
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FMRadio
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

Known issues
    Nothing

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from XDA

Donate
    Liked my work? Give ROM developer a beer
    Liked this ROM? Give ROM maintainer a burger
    Translation
    Help with project translation

Telegram channel
    Stay tuned

Credits for titan:
    @LuK1337 : for trees, our codes and works mostly depends on his code
    @RenanQueiroz : For his trees, cant thank him enough, all pie builds are based on his fixed trees
    @jhenrique09
    @AdrianDC
    @luca020400

XDA:DevDB Information
    Pixel Experience Pie For Titan, ROM for the Moto G 2014

Contributors
    thedeadfish59
    Source Code: https://github.com/PixelExperience

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader, Latest TWRP Recovery
    Based On: AOSP+LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2019-04-17
    Last Updated 2019-06-06
    New Build Is Up

Update(5th June 2019)
    • June Security Patch
    • Performance Improvements
    • Memory improvements for multitasking
    • Camera app with HDR support
    • Time Zone Toggle fixed
    • Some fixes with power saving mode
    • Few optimizations

Download: from here or Official OTA app
    Warning: CLEAN FLASH RECOMMENDED THIS TIME, since some stuffs are changed
    Notice: I might not update regularly from now, if i get time, i will only merge latest ROM changes when I get time, but the ROM is at its best stability, nothing more can be expected from now, lets accept the reality :)
    I will drop the final version of PE soon, with few changes, due to fever (dengue suspects) and sickness, i wasnt active for a long time, and i have very tight schedule as well, since pie development is at the end, so the final build will be dropped soon :)
    We are OFFICIAL now

Official Update (23-04-2019)
    • Official Release
    • Updated Adreno graphics blobs
    • Facelock fixed
    • SElinux fixes
    • Fixes some FC

Download latest build from Pixel Experience Site
    Facing unicode font issues? Flash this
    End of Pixel Experience Pie development

This ROM development is discontinued, since I dont have the device currently, my brother is using this device for months now and I can only continue development if I get it back, I cant be so sure to say that, since we all know Android 10 tree is available now for titan and thea or falcon, Renan made a really good job, so if I get my titan back anytime sooner, I would try to bringup Pixel Experience Q in future, but this thread is dead after this comment now

However, I reuploaded the last build of Pixel Experience Pie here on XDA, OP updated as well, so you wouldnt find it harder to get the build, thanks

Please DO NOT QUOTE ME OR PM ME FOR ANY KIND OF ETA, I am getting tons of mails from titan and thea users, I am a graphic designer and animator in profession, I only do these building stuffs in free time, so please, do not do this, thanks for understanding