[Discontinued][ROM] [S8+ All_Carriers_Stock_Deodexed_Rooted_SM-G955U1_QH3_PlayStore]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Development Of This Rom Has Stopped!​
Your phone needs to be rooted before installing this rom. Root for te S8+ can be found here Thanks @elliwigy and all who made it happen

This will be a rom with system root so magisk or supersu hide or any root checking apps will not work

Install Via FlashFire Make sure to mount system and add a wipe

Stock Rom
SM_G955U1_QH3_DEODEXED_ROOTED.zip

Features
Stock Deodexed
Rooted with BusyBox
Knox Removed
CSC Tweaks
Build.prop Tweaks
Samsung Cloud working
Call Recording
Custom Boot Animation
Multi Carrier

PlayStore Rom
SM_G955U1_QH3_DEODEXED_ROOTED_PLAYSTORE.zip

Features
Stock Deodexed
Rooted with BusyBox
Knox Removed
All Samsung Apps Removed
Google Apps Added
Adaway Host Blocking
CSC Tweaks
Build.prop Tweaks
Samsung Cloud working
Call Recording
Custom Boot Animation
Multi Carrier

Alternative Install Methods Using System.img
Download SM-G955U1 Firmware

AP_G955U1UEU1AQH3.zip
ADD_OMC_FEATURES_SYSTEMROOT.zip

Download SM-G955U Firmware

AP_G955USQU1AQGL.zip

Download SM-G955W Firmware
This is too use SM-G955W on US model S8+ Canadian Carriers Use the Link Below
AP_G955WVLS1AQH1_US_ONLY.zip

Canadian Carriers Sm-G955W Use this guide and files from this below guide
https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s8+/development/rom-t3667986

Instructions

Unzip AP_G955**.zip and copy AP_G955**.tar to your internal storage
Copy ADD_OMC_FEATURES_SYSTEMROOT.zip to your internal or sd card
Open Flashfire choose add zip choose ADD_OMC_FEATURES_SYSTEMROOT.zip and choose to mount system
Choose add firmware and choose AP_G955**.tar select all three partitions and allow processing of cache
Choose add wipe and select System data, 3rd party apps, Dalvik cache, Cache partiton, Cache Partiton format
Move this wipe to the top so its the first thing flashfire does
Make sure inject supersu is not checked
Make sure the flash order is Wipe, AP_G955**.tar , Process Cache then ADD_OMC_FEATURES_SYSTEMROOT.zip

To get SnapChat working click disable supersu in the supersu app settings
Reboot Phone Install SnapChat
Enable supersu.
If this fails go down to reinstall in settings and click
Flashfire should now work and reflash this SuperSU_2.82_SR3_System_Root_Only.zip

Bugs
The same bugs as listed in root thread

Thanks to these people
@rayan-refoua For the cool boot animation

Last edited:

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009

nimms

Oct 17, 2007
Hyderabad/TS
I have added my country CSC to your G955 ADD CSC file and my csc is picked up by phone with my sim with VoLTE working in India (Jio carrier) (This network is solely 4g network with only VoLTE calls.. no fallback to 3g 2g. So Volte is a big deal for us)
If i were to unroot keeping CSC i flashed intact and have stock rom with original boot with Spay working... is that a possibility?
Am losing CSC if i flash stock files (AP/BL/CP) on odin even though am not flashing CSC.

VoxBox101

Apr 27, 2017
Can't get flashfire to acquire root, busybox, & TiB both work. fine
950e79ff392afba6f5e650ff96e78b96.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

mopartonyg

Jan 19, 2011
L.A. Area
@jrkruse, Hello OP thanks for all your hard work. I am on Verizon, rooted and flashed your rom and followed your directions and all is well except in settings, about phone I have a red #1 in status that tells me my os has been modified and to call customer service for help. Any ideas or thouhts?

muppetmaster916

Jul 31, 2013
Boston
How do I get rid of these greyed out apps?

Edit: they went away upon reboot, strange.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170820-100115.png
    Screenshot_20170820-100115.png
    66.7 KB · Views: 1,994
Last edited:

progro420

Aug 12, 2017
Well went with this method but VOLTE is not working on sprint. And i dont see advanced calling in settings.... gonna try dl the newest update and flash it in flash fir

pimpmaneaton

Recognized Contributor
Apr 10, 2010
West Jordan UT
SystemUI Crash

@jrkruse, I have setup your new QG2 rom twice now and once it is done setting up I reboot the phone and systemui crashes and is not recoverable. Going into safe mode does nothing and wiping cache does nothing. I didn't have any subs installed either time. Sorry I have not had a chance to get a log, just wanted to let you know. Not sure what is causing it.

Reactions: troyc888

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
@jrkruse, I have setup your new QG2 rom twice now and once it is done setting up I reboot the phone and systemui crashes and is not recoverable. Going into safe mode does nothing and wiping cache does nothing. I didn't have any subs installed either time. Sorry I have not had a chance to get a log, just wanted to let you know. Not sure what is causing it.
What carrier do you have?

pimpmaneaton

Recognized Contributor
Apr 10, 2010
West Jordan UT
What carrier do you have?
Verizon, all is okay untill I reboot. I made a change to the csc zip file to get more volume steps and also change the boot animation. But don't have any issues at first boot and I let it sit for a few minutes and then reboot, go through setup process and install all my apps and then reboot and get the systemui FC. I am running the QCG4 system image now and have no issues with systemui fc.

progro420

Aug 12, 2017
I was able to get VOLTE and enhanced messaging on Sprint
5f54e1a1d072b21b9f6d8ffb4d12258d.jpg
working by flashing the system.img from the latest July update with the August security update and sprints New VOLTE and enhanced messaging. After that I flashed the CP [modem file] because phone would reboot after making a phone call.

Now I'm fully rooted with latest security and running flawless. Minus 80% battery.

Wish I could get your Rom control @jrkruse but I tried with your package and volte did not work with sprint even though it displayed In status bar...

But now I got a bunch of icons in status bar...... annoying... Screenshot_20170821-081532.jpg
ea438ea915a24cd5bc883c075db4b07c.jpg
16c8bedc8887d6c05159cc60d27b2870.jpg

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Verizon, all is okay untill I reboot. I made a change to the csc zip file to get more volume steps and also change the boot animation. But don't have any issues at first boot and I let it sit for a few minutes and then reboot, go through setup process and install all my apps and then reboot and get the systemui FC. I am running the QCG4 system image now and have no issues with systemui fc.
I had that problem when I first rooted. I reflashed the root firmware used the pitfile and repartitioned in odin wiped data when it rebooted to recovery. Rerooted and all has been good

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
I was able to get VOLTE and enhanced messaging on Sprint working by flashing the system.img from the latest July update with the August security update and sprints New VOLTE and enhanced messaging. After that I flashed the CP [modem file] because phone would reboot after making a phone call.

Now I'm fully rooted with latest security and running flawless. Minus 80% battery.

Wish I could get your Rom control @jrkruse but I tried with your package and volte did not work with sprint even though it displayed In status bar...

But now I got a bunch of icons in status bar...... annoying...  working by flashing the system.img from the latest July update with the August security update and sprints New VOLTE and enhanced messaging. After that I flashed the CP [modem file] because phone would reboot after making a phone call.

But now I got a bunch of icons in status bar...... annoying... 
On my s7 edge root thread there is a volts icon fix zip. It will work on s8 and get rid of those. RomControl only gives you access to stuff Verizon needs for volte it does not do anything else

Last edited:
Reactions: progro420

pimpmaneaton

Recognized Contributor
Apr 10, 2010
West Jordan UT
With us having root now, do you know if we can create custom ROMs that are deodexed and flashed with flash fire or are we limited to stock system images still?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone