[Discontinued][ROM] [S8+ All_Carriers_Stock_Deodexed_Rooted_SM-G955U1_QH3_PlayStore]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Auzzical

Sep 20, 2017
Los Angeles
Thats weird because all the others work for me on sprint but on playstore and qh3 deodexed the wizard closes and i cant seem to get data. Been trying to pinpoint the problem. No luck so far. Im sure it something stupid that I'm doing lol...

I have an S8 (not plus), also not getting service on Sprint, says my carrier is "Samsung" with the phone number "000-000-3456"

TravG23

Sep 13, 2017
If you have downloaded the stock QGL firmware, just flash the cp and csc from that. That is if your phone boots to upload mode with each call.
I haven't had any luck flashing any of the deodexed roms on Sprint so I wouldn't recommend doing that..

Yea I currently on the FA70 combo firmware with what I believe is the newest update I can be at. I uploaded a screenshot of my specs. Does anyone know of any new links to new stock roms that are compatible with the g-955u/u1

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171026-001445.png
    Screenshot_20171026-001445.png
    214.6 KB · Views: 412

Quickvic30

Feb 28, 2013
Galaxy
Yea I currently on the FA70 combo firmware with what I believe is the newest update I can be at. I uploaded a screenshot of my specs. Does anyone know of any new links to new stock roms that are compatible with the g-955u/u1
I would try U1 firmware if I were both of you. You guys are using the CSC file and not the home CSC file when flashing correct? What do your APN settings say?

You can also use shortcut master and try going into preconfig app and make sure they're enabled and working, you can launch that kinda stuff from shortcutaster app.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Last edited:

TravG23

Sep 13, 2017
I would try U1 firmware if I were both of you. You guys are using the CSC file and not the home CSC file when flashing correct? What do your APN settings say?

You can also use shortcut master and try going into preconfig app and make sure they're enabled and working, you can launch that kinda stuff from shortcutaster app.

Sorry I am actually using Jkruse new QI6 flashable ROM and yes I used the 955U one not the U1. But it didn't update everything when I flashed it so I extracted the 2 .bin files and made them into a tar and flashed them in ap slot in Odin and I then had everything updated to QI6. Everything has been running with no problems. Regular apn settings show in currently using APN2 LTE internet and just below that it says n.ispsn

Sorry I am actually using Jkruse new QI6 flashable ROM and yes I used the 955U one not the U1. But it didn't update everything when I flashed it so I extracted the 2 .bin files and made them into a tar and flashed them in ap slot in Odin and I then had everything updated to QI6. Everything has been running with no problems. Regular apn settings show in currently using APN2 LTE internet and just below that it says n.ispsn
I actually uploaded the 2 files and provided links on that thread.
Only difference is I just used flashfire and all works great.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Tygir

Oct 7, 2008
Happened again last night. Have been running the Playstore ROM for a few weeks with no issues. Then all of a sudden last night I lost the ability to rotate the screen again. The phone will not auto rotate to landscape view. Tried a factory reset, deleted the cache and nothing. Going to try and run the QI6 ROM and see what happens.

UPDATE: Installed the QI6 ROM with no issues, modem upgraded as well to QI6. Still no screen rotation. I'm at a loss now, no idea what could be causing the no rotation. I'm going to try and return to stock and see what happens.

Last edited:
Happened again last night. Have been running the Playstore ROM for a few weeks with no issues. Then all of a sudden last night I lost the ability to rotate the screen again. The phone will not auto rotate to landscape view. Tried a factory reset, deleted the cache and nothing. Going to try and run the QI6 ROM and see what happens.

UPDATE: Installed the QI6 ROM with no issues, modem upgraded as well to QI6. Still no screen rotation. I'm at a loss now, no idea what could be causing the no rotation. I'm going to try and return to stock and see what happens.
Before returning to stock maybe just check settings.
Maybe you turned it off. And I don't mean just this time. If you are resorting app settings from this cloud, that also includes any and all settings. So where it may be working when you first set up your phone, it may then stop after syncing your settings.
I say all this because I see people having rotation issues. I've flashed all of the roms and have yet to have an issue with rotation. That's what leads me to believe there issue is on operator end and not the ROM end.
My 2 cents
Carry on

Tygir

Oct 7, 2008
Before returning to stock maybe just check settings.
Maybe you turned it off. And I don't mean just this time. If you are resorting app settings from this cloud, that also includes any and all settings. So where it may be working when you first set up your phone, it may then stop after syncing your settings.
I say all this because I see people having rotation issues. I've flashed all of the roms and have yet to have an issue with rotation. That's what leads me to believe there issue is on operator end and not the ROM end.
My 2 cents
Carry on

I appreciate the response. I've checked the settings and still nothing. Whenever I do a flash I always set up as a new phone, not restoring anything. Still nothing. When I use the GPS Toolbox app, it doesn't even recognize the sensor for some reason. I would think it's got to be software related, I'm just not sure where. I find it weird that it worked for a few weeks, then stopped. I tried uninstalling any of the apps that I did install to see if it was app related, but still nothing. Just not sure what to do. Thanks for the help though, I appreciate it.

Quickvic30

Feb 28, 2013
Galaxy
Sounds like a sticky sensor to me, when it happens you should see if the sesnor is even functioning or not. I had a couple s7's that had sensor issues, they'd work fine for a while then quit working for a while ect

Your GPS tool not seeing it also is a pretty decent indication something is up with the sensor. Try the compass in the edge app and see if that reads

Last edited:

ozg33k

Dec 25, 2013
Los Angeles
I'm on the latest firmware rooted thanks to this. Just one question. Will flashing Xposed on this get.me in a bootloaders? Xposed worked for me in all except one stock rooted setup here in XDA. Just wanted to confirm if anybody has setup this on this ROM before j have this a shot. Thank you

I'm on the latest firmware rooted thanks to this. Just one question. Will flashing Xposed on this get.me in a bootloaders? Xposed worked for me in all except one stock rooted setup here in XDA. Just wanted to confirm if anybody has setup this on this ROM before j have this a shot. Thank you
Go to the official xposed thread and get the latest xposed apk and just install it. There is no "flashing" required. Install apk, then in the apk install the latest xposed for N.

capdotnet

Oct 26, 2017
quick question

I want to have a stock rom deodexed, So i can use my dex station, . In flashify, so the wipe be before or after flashing the zip?
do i need to add anything else?

thanks let me know

Stock Rom
SM_G955U1_QH3_DEODEXED_ROOTED.zip

my current status

baseband AQI6
BUILD: AQI6

TravG23

Sep 13, 2017
I appreciate the response. I've checked the settings and still nothing. Whenever I do a flash I always set up as a new phone, not restoring anything. Still nothing. When I use the GPS Toolbox app, it doesn't even recognize the sensor for some reason. I would think it's got to be software related, I'm just not sure where. I find it weird that it worked for a few weeks, then stopped. I tried uninstalling any of the apps that I did install to see if it was app related, but still nothing. Just not sure what to do. Thanks for the help though, I appreciate it.

I also noticed that my rotation wasn't working so I got on a few apps that had root permission for checking my phone's sensors and every one of them showed only 1 sensor on the phone which is the grip sensor. Nothing else. So I'm guessing something went wrong along the way of flashing. Does anyone have a link for the stock 4 files to flash in odin for the SM-G955U Sprint version. Sorry I know this thread isn't really for that but I've been looking all over the place and I'm getting exhausted. I probably saw it at some point through all of this rooting process since I have been rooted since the first root for our phones came out but can't seem to find them now

P

podagee

Your phone needs to be rooted before installing this rom. Root for te S8+ can be found here Thanks @elliwigy and all who made it happen

This will be a rom with system root so magisk or supersu hide or any root checking apps will not work

Install Via FlashFire Make sure to mount system and add a wipe

Stock Rom
SM_G955U1_QH3_DEODEXED_ROOTED.zip

Features
Stock Deodexed
Rooted with BusyBox
Knox Removed
CSC Tweaks
Build.prop Tweaks
Samsung Cloud working
Call Recording
Custom Boot Animation
Multi Carrier

PlayStore Rom
SM_G955U1_QH3_DEODEXED_ROOTED_PLAYSTORE.zip

Features
Stock Deodexed
Rooted with BusyBox
Knox Removed
All Samsung Apps Removed
Google Apps Added
Adaway Host Blocking
CSC Tweaks
Build.prop Tweaks
Samsung Cloud working
Call Recording
Custom Boot Animation
Multi Carrier

Alternative Install Methods Using System.img
Download SM-G955U1 Firmware

AP_G955U1UEU1AQH3.zip
ADD_OMC_FEATURES_SYSTEMROOT.zip

Download SM-G955U Firmware

AP_G955USQU1AQGL.zip

Download SM-G955W Firmware
This is too use SM-G955W on US model S8+ Canadian Carriers Use the Link Below
AP_G955WVLS1AQH1_US_ONLY.zip

Canadian Carriers Sm-G955W Use this guide and files from this below guide
https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s8+/development/rom-t3667986

Instructions

Unzip AP_G955**.zip and copy AP_G955**.tar to your internal storage
Copy ADD_OMC_FEATURES_SYSTEMROOT.zip to your internal or sd card
Open Flashfire choose add zip choose ADD_OMC_FEATURES_SYSTEMROOT.zip and choose to mount system
Choose add firmware and choose AP_G955**.tar select all three partitions and allow processing of cache
Choose add wipe and select System data, 3rd party apps, Dalvik cache, Cache partiton, Cache Partiton format
Move this wipe to the top so its the first thing flashfire does
Make sure inject supersu is not checked
Make sure the flash order is Wipe, AP_G955**.tar , Process Cache then ADD_OMC_FEATURES_SYSTEMROOT.zip

To get SnapChat working click disable supersu in the supersu app settings
Reboot Phone Install SnapChat
Enable supersu.
If this fails go down to reinstall in settings and click
Flashfire should now work and reflash this SuperSU_2.82_SR3_System_Root_Only.zip

Bugs
The same bugs as listed in root thread

Thanks to these people
@rayan-refoua For the cool boot animation

thank you for your work,but, CLEARLY this is not the most informative guide. no wonder i see a lot of people in here having problems. you provide 2 roms with no instructions how to flash the rom??? only the add on features?? maybe you could explain to people so they would better understand. im just giving you a pointer buddy cause when i was reading this i was like ummm so where do we put the deodexed file? what are we supposed to do with it? but luckily im a flash happy person that can figure out. im just looking out for the others. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone