[Discontinued][ROM] [S8+ All_Carriers_Stock_Deodexed_Rooted_SM-G955U1_QH3_PlayStore]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
thank you for your work,but, CLEARLY this is not the most informative guide. no wonder i see a lot of people in here having problems. you provide 2 roms with no instructions how to flash the rom??? only the add on features?? maybe you could explain to people so they would better understand. im just giving you a pointer buddy cause when i was reading this i was like ummm so where do we put the deodexed file? what are we supposed to do with it? but luckily im a flash happy person that can figure out. im just looking out for the others. thanks
Thanks for the pointer buddy! I guess you were reading more into the instructions than was needed. It tells you to flash the Rom with flashfire. If you can't figure out that you need too copy Rom zip to phone to flash then I'm sorry I thought that was a given. There are 2 flash methods. The first copy the Rom zip to phone and flash with flashfire its that simple . The second where it clearly states alternative flash method and you have too click a box too show it has its own set of instructions and files too download. I apologize buddy that I have 2 methods of install in the OP but this Rom was the first working Rom posted for s8 so the alternative instructions were left for people that had used that method and had those files before things got figured out. When I get a chance I will delete those old instructions

P

podagee

Thanks for the pointer buddy! I guess you were reading more into the instructions than was needed. It tells you to flash the Rom with flashfire. If you can't figure out that you need too copy Rom zip to phone to flash then I'm sorry I thought that was a given. There are 2 flash methods. The first copy the Rom zip to phone and flash with flashfire its that simple . The second where it clearly states alternative flash method and you have too click a box too show it has its own set of instructions and files too download. I apologize buddy that I have 2 methods of install in the OP but this Rom was the first working Rom posted for s8 so the alternative instructions were left for people that had used that method and had those files before things got figured out. When I get a chance I will delete those old instructions

It wasnt for my direction as i clearly stated i am used to flashing things. hell ive been trying to brick my phone so i can buy a different phone haha. I was just pointing out to you that the people who are new to flashing probably wont understand it, but, i just re-read it and yes it does make sense to us who are used to flashing roms and such. i am running the h3 deodexed rooted with the AQGL baseband and man is this thing smooth. i tried it with the h3 baseband and i was having issues with the screen turning all funky. but its operating better than ever. OH and BTW, that boot animation is on point! it makes the phone more flashy....
Also, I read somewhere in here (the s8/s8+ forums) about your hillbilly rig for charging....i cant seem to find it. ill pm you i have another question maybe some possible help for the battery thing.

xdanilva

Oct 26, 2016
It wasnt for my direction as i clearly stated i am used to flashing things. hell ive been trying to brick my phone so i can buy a different phone haha. I was just pointing out to you that the people who are new to flashing probably wont understand it, but, i just re-read it and yes it does make sense to us who are used to flashing roms and such. i am running the h3 deodexed rooted with the AQGL baseband and man is this thing smooth. i tried it with the h3 baseband and i was having issues with the screen turning all funky. but its operating better than ever. OH and BTW, that boot animation is on point! it makes the phone more flashy....
Also, I read somewhere in here (the s8/s8+ forums) about your hillbilly rig for charging....i cant seem to find it. ill pm you i have another question maybe some possible help for the battery thing.
The hillbilly rig is booting into download mode by holding home+vol down+power

P

podagee

Live this from cause its buttery smooth. Only problem I'm experiencing so far is wifi and bluetooth connectivity. I think it's from the H3 baseband. Gonna try another u TIL I get it to work cause I'm enjoying this One right here

xdanilva

Oct 26, 2016
This thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s8+/how-to/root-remap-bixby-button-o-app-t3601061

Works like a charm.
I couldn't get button mappers in the play store to work.

---------- Post added at 06:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 AM ----------

I'm using the play store rom and LOVE it, except for the camera. None of the features (slo-mo, burst, etc) work. Auto focus doesn't work and the overall speed is terrible! Are there any fixes for these issues? Can I install the Samsung camera app?
For button mapping you could install xposed edge pro and you can install xposed nougat. Also you can install gravitybox n. Go to /system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl

Reactions: schmidty11112

tjustice86

Feb 28, 2011
I'm using the play store rom and LOVE it, except for the camera. None of the features (slo-mo, burst, etc) work. Auto focus doesn't work and the overall speed is terrible! Are there any fixes for these issues? Can I install the Samsung camera app?

pr1m317

Sep 14, 2017

Yes, Just take the apk file and drop it into system/app with a root browser then reboot... Unfortunately I haven't figured out how to get the front camera working, everything else does though

Reactions: tjustice86

Quickvic30

Feb 28, 2013
Galaxy
Has anyone been able to get all features working with either of the 2 camera apps?
You should try the Google pixel 2 camera thats ported for use on other snapdragon devices such as the s8 and s8+. A simple Google search will pull that is for you or it's over in the s8+ section also.

I've been running this rom for a few weeks now with no problems what so ever. I don't think I've even seen the green dark screen bug once in this time. Just a all around great, fast, smooth running rom.....that's why this thread is so quiet....cause it's too damn good! [emoji12]

Thanks for all your great work @jrkruse , much appreciated as always.

I'm up for testing stuff out anytime so let me know if I can help out!

PEOPLE HIT THE DAMN THANKS BUTTON IF YOU DOWNLOAD THE ROM!!! 300 some downloads and only 30 like......:shame:

Sent from my SM-G955U using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Last edited:

djcrystals

Nov 29, 2011
City Of Tonawanda
So, I've been trying all day to find a way to package and flash the latest update for this phone, QK2. I downloaded the update and extracted the System, Persist and Cache files and Zipped them (i was attempting to do what jkruse did) and flashed it in Flashfire along with the ADD_OMC_SYSTEMROOT file. I am currently on this ROM and it has been flawless. Anyway, its been years since I have owned a Samsung and I was in the mood to mess around. I had a Moto X Pure previously and you could flash anything on that quite easily. Anyway, I flashed the Zip i craeted and it booted fine but I kept getting a "SIM Card Must Be Updated, Reboot" message. So, I dunno. I've been looking for answers but I'm not getting anywhere....

BTW, a BIG THANK YOU to jkruse for putting together these packages! You are literally, The Man for development. Pretty quite around these parts.

xdanilva

Oct 26, 2016
So, I've been trying all day to find a way to package and flash the latest update for this phone, QK2. I downloaded the update and extracted the System, Persist and Cache files and Zipped them (i was attempting to do what jkruse did) and flashed it in Flashfire along with the ADD_OMC_SYSTEMROOT file. I am currently on this ROM and it has been flawless. Anyway, its been years since I have owned a Samsung and I was in the mood to mess around. I had a Moto X Pure previously and you could flash anything on that quite easily. Anyway, I flashed the Zip i craeted and it booted fine but I kept getting a "SIM Card Must Be Updated, Reboot" message. So, I dunno. I've been looking for answers but I'm not getting anywhere....

BTW, a BIG THANK YOU to jkruse for putting together these packages! You are literally, The Man for development. Pretty quite around these parts.
Don't do it it updates the bootloader and prevents downgrading...

Reactions: djcrystals

IJoxer

Oct 21, 2015
Geeksville
Samsung Galaxy S10
OnePlus 8
Don't do it it updates the bootloader and prevents downgrading...

QK2 does, in fact, upgrade the bootloader, @jrkruse should add this to the OP so people aren't going beyond the point of return. You can identify bootloader changes using the firmwares naming convention, so G955U1UEU2AQK2 has the 5th to last digit at 2, whereas previous firmwares were 1. Just a small bit of helpful information for those who were not aware of this.

Gotcha. Ok, didn't know that. TKS for the heads up.

This being a U1 rom and using U1 firmware, anything from QK2 and beyond will not be downgradable nor rootable. However, Verizon has released their QK3 firmware for U, which still has the 1st iteration of the bootloader, meaning it is still rootable and downgradable. If you were interested in running jrkruses carrier rom, or just upgrading using the system.img method from samPWND, you'd be just fine (according to the firmware naming convention, obviously circumstances are always able to vary and results may vary (they shouldn't but this is basically my "I'm not responsible..." warning)).

I'll likely be giving it a shot later, simply because I've got an itch to flash something new and get a nice, fresh start. I still haven't checked out the O beta everyone seems to be trying, I'm curious if it's rootable, and if so, is jrkruse working on a rom for it or (more likely) waiting for an official release? If it's rootable, I wouldn't mind throwing a quick little something together, if for anything but to make it more convenient to get it up and running.

xdanilva

Oct 26, 2016
QK2 does, in fact, upgrade the bootloader, @jrkruse should add this to the OP so people aren't going beyond the point of return. You can identify bootloader changes using the firmwares naming convention, so G955U1UEU2AQK2 has the 5th to last digit at 2, whereas previous firmwares were 1. Just a small bit of helpful information for those who were not aware of this.

This being a U1 rom and using U1 firmware, anything from QK2 and beyond will not be downgradable nor rootable. However, Verizon has released their QK3 firmware for U, which still has the 1st iteration of the bootloader, meaning it is still rootable and downgradable. If you were interested in running jrkruses carrier rom, or just upgrading using the system.img method from samPWND, you'd be just fine (according to the firmware naming convention, obviously circumstances are always able to vary and results may vary (they shouldn't but this is basically my "I'm not responsible..." warning)).

I'll likely be giving it a shot later, simply because I've got an itch to flash something new and get a nice, fresh start. I still haven't checked out the O beta everyone seems to be trying, I'm curious if it's rootable, and if so, is jrkruse working on a rom for it or (more likely) waiting for an official release? If it's rootable, I wouldn't mind throwing a quick little something together, if for anything but to make it more convenient to get it up and running.
It's probably going to be only one fw getting root and the other isn't as oreo has security patches and stuff

djcrystals

Nov 29, 2011
City Of Tonawanda
Thanks for all the feedback. I'm relatively new to the Samsung game. I was spoiled by the Moto X Pure. The bootloader was unlockable and I could use it on Verizon. My last Galaxy was the III and there was quite a bit of freedom with that device as well. I did flash the System IMG for QK2 with only the SIM Card issue being the problem. Flashed back no jkruse's without issue. I really just wanna mess around but I need to do some more reading up on everything. If anyone has any luck with QK3, keep us in the loop!

ozg33k

Dec 25, 2013
Los Angeles
Thanks for all the feedback. I'm relatively new to the Samsung game. I was spoiled by the Moto X Pure. The bootloader was unlockable and I could use it on Verizon. My last Galaxy was the III and there was quite a bit of freedom with that device as well. I did flash the System IMG for QK2 with only the SIM Card issue being the problem. Flashed back no jkruse's without issue. I really just wanna mess around but I need to do some more reading up on everything. If anyone has any luck with QK3, keep us in the loop!

The S3 was quite a wonderful phone to mess around with ?

Reactions: djcrystals

takopov

Mar 29, 2017
Is there any way to update Edge screen or at least add the weather screen on the Playstore ROM? I liked being able to quickly see the forecast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone