[Discontinued][ROM] [S8+ All_Carriers_Stock_Deodexed_Rooted_SM-G955U_AQI6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

takopov

Mar 29, 2017
That's sounds about right, but I'm not 100 percent sure
GOD lol, it worked but autorotate stopped functioning wtf. thats the whole reason I reflashed stock and rerooted and flashed and updated. UGHHH. will update if i get a modem crash. its like i have to sacrifice either my accelerometer or the most inconvenient crash

lightninbug

Sep 17, 2009
Anyway to get chatheads back for the stock messaging app? Or am I just missing the setting somewhere

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

It wasn't chat heads, it was a little toast window that popped up when you got a text message and showed the text. In a little white long oval at the top middle of the screen

Last edited:

takopov

Mar 29, 2017
Am I just doing it wrong or are other people facing similar issues with the accelerometer? Do I have to update each modem in order of release because I've just been flashing the latest AQI6 one.
Also I don't get the modem crash (for the most part) if I leave wifi on

Mark805

Jul 8, 2017
Ventura
I have an carrier unlocked s8+ but was originaly att variant what Fw Should I Use The HD Or The AQL6
Im currently in GL

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171022-015021.jpg
    Screenshot_20171022-015021.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:

jkhan49

Nov 20, 2014
I have an carrier unlocked s8+ but was originaly att variant what Fw Should I Use The HD Or The AQL6
Im currently in GL

Same here even I have an unlocked s8+ att variant you can flash this firmware as this has the latest security patches in it.

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

@jrkruse should consider moving these threads into the main s8+ section.

Reactions: rhewins2268

Mark805

Jul 8, 2017
Ventura
yeah i know we can switch carriers but still using att as my carrier i guess my question is does it matter if i have a h3 or gl baseband for getting better service
Im new to android so i dont know much

Last edited:

Quickvic30

Feb 28, 2013
Galaxy
yeah i know we can switch carriers but still using att as my carrier i guess my question is does it matter if i have a h3 or gl baseband for getting better service
Im new to android so i dont know much
I'm running AQDE modem with the H3 firmware, I seem to get the best signal that way. It won't hurt anything but sometimes will mess with secret dialer codes for various service modes ect but you can use other apps to get into those.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Reactions: OneoftheRabble

Araltd

Jan 30, 2010
USA
Since this is NOT a U1 firmware, can I assume the smart call (unknown caller id) is not in this rom?

I'm still on the QGA baseband AQH3 build... with tmobile csc/bl flashed. Everything seems to work fine, no crashes or anything - but the random dark(er) greenish tint screen bug has been driving me nuts. I tried the "fix" from another thread and I swear it made things worse.

But back to my question, I *love* the smart caller id feature - and my device is actually an unlocked model from another carrier that I'm using on t-mobile, so I'd like to keep the smart call - unknown caller id option. THANKS

monroe0328

Nov 18, 2012
Houston
Ok all I want to know is If you are on [carrier] Is it necessary to have your carrier's cp/csc on the phone? Does that conflict with these custom roms? For example. I have sprint and have flashed my cp/csc during the sampwned process. It appears as though they have remained on my phone while flashing new roms. I have followed the recommend wipe procedure each time.

Do you recommend flashing your latests carrier's cp/csc after installation of this rom specifically? Please anyone don't make me feel stupid. Iv'e felt enough of that today.

Thanks

monroe0328

Nov 18, 2012
Houston
Bout to install. Just waiting for the DL and gonna let'r rip. Just wondering is Viper on here? If not do you know of an install that will work? Crud I asked a question earlier, now i look needy. Sorry.

monroe0328

Nov 18, 2012
Houston
Hey everything runs great on my sprint s8+.

Solved issue, not rom related.

For anyone on PC wanting to download the files quicker... I stumbled upon a download accelerator called ninja download manager that downloaded that file at 2MB a sec compared to 150k-250kbps before. Its a clean program too. No bs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Quickvic30
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Development Of This Rom Has Stopped!​

Your phone needs to be rooted before installing this rom. Root for te S8+ can be found here Thanks @elliwigy and all who made it happen

This will be a rom with system root so magisk or supersu hide or any root checking apps will not work

These UFirm Carrier Roms are so big I chose to use the flash system.img.ext4 first method in Flashfire followed by a partial rom zip so I could get all the multicarrier stuff to fit. This way also insures that all symlinks and permissions are correct

Instructions

Download G955USQS1AQI6 Firmware
    Download SM_G955U_AQI6_DEODEXED_ROOTED.zip
    Copy AP_G955USQS1AQI6_CL11982677_QB15018369_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT_meta.tar.md5 file from firmware to phone internal storage
    Copy SM_G955U_AQI6_DEODEXED_ROOTED.zip Rom to phone
    In FlashFire choose add zip and choose SM_G955U_AQI6_DEODEXED_ROOTED.zip Click Mount System
    In FlashFire choose add firmware and choose AP_G955USQS1AQI6_CL11982677_QB15018369_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT_meta.tar.md5 Select system.img.ext4 and persist.img.ext4 DO NOT SELECT BOOT OR RECOVER IMAGES
    In FlashFire choose add wipe and move wipe to top of flashing order
    Make sure Inject SuperSu IS NOT CHECKED
    Flash order should be
    __Wipe
    __AP Firmware
    __ Rom Zip
    Click Flash
    Anybody alive in here

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

Hotlinking isn't cool....How can I download this rom,there is no download anymore..
    Well for your information when I made this direct linking was allowed on updato they have since changed. Your smart enough to tell us all what's cool and what's not I'm sure you can find firmware on your own
    Bout to install. Just waiting for the DL and gonna let'r rip. Just wondering is Viper on here? If not do you know of an install that will work? Crud I asked a question earlier, now i look needy. Sorry.
    Just download v4arise and flash via flash fire dude.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    What new updated firmware and rom :)
    Yes my other rom is U1 firmware this is latest U firmware
    Does anyone know if it's possible to get wifi calling working on this ROM? Thanks.
    Wifi calling for Verizon works on all my roms
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone