[discontinued][ROM][unlocked][suez] Lineage-14.1 [26 SEP 2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

sga999

Mar 13, 2012
I tried Opera VPN with Court live stream, all settings of VPN on/off and data saver on on/off, and all cases work properly.

Can anyone else try this with Chrome? If someone else says it works, then I will know there is something wrong in my system. If everyone sees it fail, that will tell me it is not specific to me. It is live stream that fails, not the older videos that are further down on the page.

FYI, Play Store updated Chrome app now (shows release date Nov. 6), and the Court TV problem freeze no longer occurs..

Ziona

May 4, 2019
Caribbean
Is there a Recovery flashable zip that will fix the access to the external SD card issue?

If wanting to use for backup's an stuff i made a solution to that problem while back !

FIRE , LOS 14.1 EXTERNAL SD WRITE ACCESS ENABLER

APPS CAN BACK UP DATA (TITANIUM BACKUP) AND OTHERS

External SD card New Location Is Back In Root Dir . like originally in los12.

FLASH VIA RECOVERY
:good:

Attachments

• Los14-ExtSd-AccessEnabler.zip
    127.5 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:

retora

Feb 8, 2014
FIRE , LOS 14.1 EXTERNAL SD WRITE ACCESS ENABLER

Thank you, but does not work on my device, after reboot there is nothing mounted to /external_sd. Maybe because there is a file named 99exfat-support in /etc/init.d with content:

Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
/system/bin/mkdir /mnt/media_rw/sdcard1
/system/bin/mount.exfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /mnt/media_rw/sdcard1/ && /system/bin/sdcard -u 1023 -g 1023 -w 1023 -d /mnt/media_rw/sdcard1 /storage/sdcard1&

Don't know if this comes with the rom build.

If I execute the files in adb shell, I see:

Code:
suez:/system/etc/init.d $ sh 94mountrw
Mounting /system in Write mode!
Done!
suez:/system/etc/init.d $ sh 99sdmount
ls: /mnt/media_rw/: Permission denied
Badly formed path!
suez:/system/etc/init.d $

Reactions: thejoker954

SingleMalt69

Dec 30, 2014
Thank you, but does not work on my device, after reboot there is nothing mounted to /external_sd.

Same here. /external_sd is present, but Titanium Backup says "This folder cannot be accessed.". I also tried to see if the external SD card was visible on a PC when connected by USB, but this patch did not fix that problem either.

Ziona

May 4, 2019
Caribbean
Thank you, but does not work on my device, after reboot there is nothing mounted to /external_sd. Maybe because there is a file named 99exfat-support in /etc/init.d with content:

Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
/system/bin/mkdir /mnt/media_rw/sdcard1
/system/bin/mount.exfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /mnt/media_rw/sdcard1/ && /system/bin/sdcard -u 1023 -g 1023 -w 1023 -d /mnt/media_rw/sdcard1 /storage/sdcard1&

Don't know if this comes with the rom build.

If I execute the files in adb shell, I see:

Code:
suez:/system/etc/init.d $ sh 94mountrw
Mounting /system in Write mode!
Done!
suez:/system/etc/init.d $ sh 99sdmount
ls: /mnt/media_rw/: Permission denied
Badly formed path!
suez:/system/etc/init.d $

OK what root solution are you using ?
Simple question your ext-sdcard is mounted an you have normal access to your ext-sdcard files rite ? I ask because their was a problem with No ext SD showing at all in Ford & Austin fire tablets on los 14. If all is cool with that then read on.

Sometimes custom roms play the fool this is were a lil brain knowledge comes in !

With a root explorer go to your systems root then - mnt > media_rw in that folder their should be a folder with 8 digits an numbers (a example is) E316-150B - this is your ext-sdcard serial # an location , make sure its located their first!

(1)
If so you have to options now , one you can still directly mount titanium backup to this by following the path I showed you above an make a folder in you ext-sdcard named titanium backup !
( provided you do know how to easily navigate in titanium backup app to find an setup backups ). If not just ask.
(2)
Two you can execute scripts by mean of a good app to have on hand for tings kernel related , call smart kernel , I'll provide you with this app below . once installed open the app an theirs 3 small hamburger lines located at the top left corner tap on it to bring up options then scroll down to > tools section then - init.d - tap it once an inside you will see Emulate init.d at the top just switch to on , this will run all scripts in init.d folder that the system does not do right on boot.

Now you should see external-sd in root can be able to mount titanium backup from their provided all went OK .

Those who may try this first :
Make sure to have the extsd access enabler above installed .
Flash the top & below zip if need be.

Attachments

• smartkernel.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 54
Last edited:

Ziona

May 4, 2019
Caribbean
Same here. /external_sd is present, but Titanium Backup says "This folder cannot be accessed.". I also tried to see if the external SD card was visible on a PC when connected by USB, but this patch did not fix that problem either.

You guys do have a mounted ext-sdcard rite , example located in settings > storage > internal storage & SD card 1 both are their ?
If so then you may want to read above post !

DragonFire1024

Mar 27, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
www.twitter.com
That's the first one I got to work on the Ford , Austin tablets well.
The stock camera's all models would just load normally but taking a pic would just never save it only make a empty camera folder , trying to save video would give error an force closes .
What symptoms does the stock camera have for you !

On this ROM for this particular tablet there was no stock camera application installed at all. I have tried pretty much every camera apk with the libraries and XML files if there are any oh, that I could come across and not a single one of them will work. The only one I can even get to open, but has no functionality whatsoever and eventually crashes, is the last Google camera build for this version of Android. I no longer have installed but it was either the last 4.xx or the very first of the 5.xx. in the make files for this CPU, none of them contain any build instructions for a mediatek camera. The only line I see is 'camera stub.'

Secondly in regards to my enthusiasm with web based video and videos in apps including YouTube, it was short-lived. I got one video to work perfectly, but have not been able to repeat it again. However I can play video files with no problem. I was hoping MX Player would solve it or YouTube vanced, but no luck. I still get a black screen with perfect audio and maybe the first one second of the video plays. Using debug options in vanced, actually says there is nothing buffering on the video end. It clearly does Show Audio buffering and no movement at all on the video buffer.

Sent from my Amzn Fire HD10 using XDA Labs

Last edited:

Michajin

Oct 23, 2012
On this ROM for this particular tablet there was no stock camera application installed at all. I have tried pretty much every camera apk with the libraries and XML files if there are any oh, that I could come across and not a single one of them will work. The only one I can even get to open, but has no functionality whatsoever and eventually crashes, is the last Google camera build for this version of Android. I no longer have installed but it was either the last 4.xx or the very first of the 5.xx. in the make files for this CPU, none of them contain any build instructions for a mediatek camera. The only line I see is 'camera stub.'

Secondly in regards to my enthusiasm with web based video and videos in apps including YouTube, it was short-lived. I got one video to work perfectly, but have not been able to repeat it again. However I can play video files with no problem. I was hoping MX Player would solve it or YouTube vanced, but no luck. I still get a black screen with perfect audio and maybe the first one second of the video plays. Using debug options in vanced, actually says there is nothing buffering on the video end. It clearly does Show Audio buffering and no movement at all on the video buffer.

Sent from my Amzn Fire HD10 using XDA Labs

All my videos work perfect after installing the OMX fix in post #248. I had to uninstall vanced and re-install it after to get them to play video, but it sounds like more than a few people had to re-install apps. I'm using vanced but others reported youtube works too.

Reactions: DragonFire1024

retora

Feb 8, 2014
@Ziona I tried again to execute the files, but in a terminal with root direct on the tablet. The 99sdmount tells me that the folder already exists, so I deleted (empty) folder /external_sd and executed 99sdmount again. Now the link to the sdcard is available, but my ES File Explorer won't show it as an sdcard (like before). After reboot these changes are lost and /external_sd is not existent.

Smartkernel shows "Done" with 94mountrw and nothing with 99sdmount.

Root comes from Magisk. Titanium Backup was able to backup to sdcard before installing your zip (using documentprovider-method).

But I'm still wondering why 99sdmount seems to be not executed at system boot.

desidude2000

Jul 7, 2012
With the OMX libraries in the right place under /system/lib and /system/lib64, I can get YouTube to work fine with 1080p with both regular YouTube and Vanced. However, I am still struggling to fix video playback with MX player or other player with hardware acceleration using OMX. Unsure what I am doing wrong. I have done clean install multiple times and ensured the proper libraries that Ziona has provided are in place.

---------- Post added at 05:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 AM ----------

I should note that I am trying to play h264 1080p video @ 60fps. Anything else I need to enable h264 playback besides the OMX libs ?

zed011

Jan 18, 2011
How to activate adaptive brightness? The main settings page mentions that adaptive brightness is deactivated but I can't find any option to activate it. Any suggestions?

I think this is a known issue even on lineage 12. Hope it's on the priority list of things to implement

Ziona

May 4, 2019
Caribbean
@Ziona I tried again to execute the files, but in a terminal with root direct on the tablet. The 99sdmount tells me that the folder already exists, so I deleted (empty) folder /external_sd and executed 99sdmount again. Now the link to the sdcard is available, but my ES File Explorer won't show it as an sdcard (like before). After reboot these changes are lost and /external_sd is not existent.

Smartkernel shows "Done" with 94mountrw and nothing with 99sdmount.

Root comes from Magisk. Titanium Backup was able to backup to sdcard before installing your zip (using documentprovider-method).

But I'm still wondering why 99sdmount seems to be not executed at system boot.

It wont say done on SD Mount it will just be created after you execute it in smartkernel .. Go to root after an check. Emulate init.d is switched to on ? In setting also set smart kernel to execute instantly on boot no delay.

---------- Post added at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 01:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

With the OMX libraries in the right place under /system/lib and /system/lib64, I can get YouTube to work fine with 1080p with both regular YouTube and Vanced. However, I am still struggling to fix video playback with MX player or other player with hardware acceleration using OMX. Unsure what I am doing wrong. I have done clean install multiple times and ensured the proper libraries that Ziona has provided are in place.

---------- Post added at 05:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 AM ----------

I should note that I am trying to software play h264 1080p video @ 60fps. Anything else I need to enable h264 playback besides the OMX libs ?

Their somehow is a conflict problem between ffmpeg & Google , these are media codec's files one is for for video audio hardware controlling an the next control software, for instance if you were to remove Google media codecs XML , mxplayer would play hardware accelerated video in 60fps smooth no problems but you would not be able to watch videos in YouTube because it uses Google media codec , most web base apps use software based codecs because its more flexible on a large variety of devices available . this problem is not in lollipop an kitkat & stock roms we had full video hardware acceleration am trying to figure a solution this is more a custom ROM problem with many lower powered devices. With higher powerful CPU an more ram you would less likely notice the issue .
just think software decoding uses more CPU power than hardware an its very hard for it to keep up buffering HD videos online at 60fps in youtube an others. You can play 60fps h264 videos local files in players like mxplayer if you just use SW decoding only.

Last edited:

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
How to activate adaptive brightness? The main settings page mentions that adaptive brightness is deactivated but I can't find any option to activate it. Any suggestions?
I think this is a known issue even on lineage 12. Hope it's on the priority list of things to implement
Many Amazon devices do not have hardware (ambient light sensor) or kernel support for adaptive brightness. Can't speak to the Suez directly as I don't own this model but it wouldn't be surprised that falls into the same category.

Kaijones23

Recognized Developer
Dec 7, 2018
Las Vegas
Many Amazon devices do not have hardware (ambient light sensor) or kernel support for adaptive brightness. Can't speak to the Suez directly as I don't own this model but it wouldn't be surprised that falls into the same category.
It may be missing a configuration for that for example . https://github.com/mt8163/android_d...works/base/core/res/res/values/config.xml#L22
I looked at ggows repo it seems to not have one.. I think he will add it to the next update.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

retora

Feb 8, 2014
It wont say done on SD Mount it will just be created after you execute it in smartkernel .. Go to root after an check. Emulate init.d is switched to on ? In setting also set smart kernel to execute instantly on boot no delay.

Okay, emulate init.d is switched on, instantly on boot / no delay activated. Section "on boot" shows init.d as active (emulate init.d). If I press Test in settings nothing happens, path /external_sd does not exist after test. After reboot smartkernel notified my that it has executed, but no path /external_sd.

Anyway thanks for the info to smartkernel, it 's a nice tool I did not know before. I will test with other path entries to link to, to get ES file explorer aknowledge the sdcard as a sdcard.

Ziona

May 4, 2019
Caribbean
Okay, emulate init.d is switched on, instantly on boot / no delay activated. Section "on boot" shows init.d as active (emulate init.d). If I press Test in settings nothing happens, path /external_sd does not exist after test. After reboot smartkernel notified my that it has executed, but no path /external_sd.

Anyway thanks for the info to smartkernel, it 's a nice tool I did not know before. I will test with other path entries to link to, to get ES file explorer aknowledge the sdcard as a sdcard.[/QUOTE
Don't see why it's not mounting, anyway you can just use media_rw as a sdcard mount location for apps since you installed the zip, the right permission was in it, (location is) root-mnt-media_rw- (sdcard it will be here in serial number an letters form,) note if its not in their that's what's your problem with mounting ext sdcard, best root explorer is Mixplorer app.

Last edited:

retora

Feb 8, 2014
Don't see why it's not mounting, anyway you can just use media_rw as a sdcard mount location for apps since you installed the zip, the right permission was in it, (location is) root-mnt-media_rw- (sdcard it will be here in serial number an letters form,) note if its not in their that's what's your problem with mounting ext sdcard, best root explorer is Mixplorer app.

I don't exactly know what you mean. The sdcard is accessible with this rom since first day (yes, through /mnt/media_rw/xxxx-xxxx), but not recognized as a sdcard from all explorer applications. That is what I intent to change. But it is only a minor issue for me.

Ziona

May 4, 2019
Caribbean
I don't exactly know what you mean. The sdcard is accessible with this rom since first day (yes, through /mnt/media_rw/xxxx-xxxx), but not recognized as a sdcard from all explorer applications. That is what I intent to change. But it is only a minor issue for me.

Yes am telling you that the zip also adds write access to that location for app backup for tings like titanium backup to work with the ext sdcard.

What exactly do you mean they dont recognize your sdcard if sdcard is working , or do you mean because it shows up as # xxxx-xxxx if so then all third party Explorer app will list ext sdcards as serial number only but the built in file explorer & settings storage will list as sdcard1 or 0 by default. Also in all nougat roms theirs no longer a ext sd listed in root.

The scripts in the zip mounts the system in rw & the next adds a external sd mounted to media_rw for direct sd card access back an the file adds permission for write access to work otherwise apps cant use ext sd for backup unless used as adoptable storage not portable.

You should know already you cant add apps their anymore. Like in lollipop. Because this features was removed in nougat an above for security reasons.

Reactions: retora

GuyInDogSuit

Jan 4, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Connected Home
OnePlus 7T

Yes am telling you that the zip also adds write access to that location for app backup for tings like titanium backup to work with the ext sdcard.

What exactly do you mean they dont recognize your sdcard if sdcard is working , or do you mean because it shows up as # xxxx-xxxx if so then all third party Explorer app will list ext sdcards as serial number only but the built in file explorer & settings storage will list as sdcard1 or 0 by default. Also in all nougat roms theirs no longer a ext sd listed in root.

The scripts in the zip mounts the system in rw & the next adds a external sd mounted to media_rw for direct sd card access back an the file adds permission for write access to work otherwise apps cant use ext sd for backup unless used as adoptable storage not portable.

You should know already you cant add apps their anymore. Like in lollipop. Because this features was removed in nougat an above for security reasons.

Can you figure out a way to restore MTP access to the microSD card? When I plug it into my PC, it doesn't show up.

Ziona

May 4, 2019
Caribbean
Can you figure out a way to restore MTP access to the microSD card? When I plug it intor my PC, it doesn't show up.

Did you activate mtp usb mode in developer options.?

Did you have it before on this rom with 14.1. ?

If not, then try to download an add the, latest Kindle fire driver's an also the, Mtk Mtp driver's for your pc to update it.

Last thing if you have installed the ext sd write access zip with the external sd mounted in root, then go to your init.d folder an remove. 99sdmount or change its permission to 600 an reboot whenever you want to use the pc for mounting your ext sdcard.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer
    Code:
    /*
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war,
     * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included
     * in the products you find here before flashing it!
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
     */
    LineageOS needs no introductions. This version of LineageOS-14.1 is a highly customised version solely for the Amazon Fire HD10

- EVEN MORE IMPORTANT: This ROM only works on devices using the bootloader hack. See <<< HERE >>> to unlock your devices.

- IMPORTANT: Do not update Magisk via the Magisk Manager App, your device will enter a bootloop if you do. Instead update Magisk via TWRP only. If you do this by accident then it is recoverable by just flashing the latest version of the ROM again (with gapps etc as required).

Rules
    - Please search the thread before asking questions
    - Please try to stay on topic, I know it's not always possible
    - Please report bugs here
    - Report only one issue per bug report
    - When reporting bugs please post a logcat and/or dmesg containing pertinent information regarding the issue...
    - Saying something isn't working without proper explanation will not attract any attention.

Known Issues
    - Wired headphones do not work
    - Camera does not work
    - OMX is only partially working

Prerequisites for Installation
    - Clean installation is required coming from lineage-12.1
    - Unlocked Bootloader
    - TWRP Installed

Initial Installation
    or coming from another rom
    - Enter TWRP
    - Enter wipe option
    - Format Data
    - Then swipe to factory reset
    - Copy the ROM to your device
    - Copy optional zips like gapps and magisk to device if required
    - You also have the option of using micro-g framework
    - Flash ROM, then optional zips
    - Reboot
    - And Enjoy :D

Upgrading to a new version
    - Copy the ROM to your device
    - Flash ROM
    - And Enjoy :D

Downloads
    *** Please do NOT create any mirrors ***
    Lineage-14.1 for Amazon Fire HD10"

Source Code
    - Kernel Source: https://github.com/ggow/android_kernel_amazon_mt8173-common
    - Suez Tree: https://github.com/ggow/android_device_amazon_suez
    - mt8173-common Tree: https://github.com/ggow/android_device_amazon_mt8173-common

Thanks
    - @k4y0z and @xyz` for the bootloader hack
    - @Goayandi for the mt8173 resources
    - LineageOS

Note
    Their is a issue with video playback do to the omx library files. This is a link to flash a fix in recovery for this problem below.
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=80762749&postcount=248

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS, ROM for the Amazon Fire HD 8 and HD 10

Contributors
    ggow, Ziona
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x

Version Information

Created 2019-09-26
    Last Updated 2020-08-11
    OMX FIX FOR VIDEO PLAYBACK

FLASH VIA RECOVERY

FIX'S YOUTUBE , FACEBOOK , LOCAL & WEB PLAYBACK

(No more video black screen or glitches)

:good:
    Project is definitely not dead. There is a lot of activity from various people since I have been absent. Hope everyone has had a good Christmas and wish everyone a great new year.

Things should start settling down for me in the new year, hopefully by the end of the first quarter.
    @ggow Any news about the new build with working OMX?

Not had a chance to do anything as yet. Busy with work, high stress and need to focus on that for the moment. When that passes then I can start to do more again.
    Just a quick note, progress has been slow this week due to time constraints.

Interviewing for another job this week and away on business next week.
    Things will start progressing once I get through the hump.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone