[discontinued][ROM][unlocked][suez] Lineage-14.1 [26 SEP 2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

playadru182

Jul 11, 2007
Placeholder for initial release of los12.1&14.1 suez headphone jack enabler.

Edit: In need of additional testers.

I'm interested and can help test initial release. I've been watching this thread for a couple weeks, have 2 Suez models, both still have stock software on them.

Let me know how to get started helping test.

spelcheck

Nov 18, 2019
Seattle, WA
I'm interested and can help test initial release. I've been watching this thread for a couple weeks, have 2 Suez models, both still have stock software on them.

Let me know how to get started helping test.

Edit: I went into exact detail.XD

I won't be going into exact detail, but this should get you on the right track if you haven't done it before.

If 100% stock, I would follow the following method for unlocking and installing TWRP in one shot: https://forum.xda-developers.com/hd8-hd10/orig-development/unlock-fire-hd-10-2017-suez-t3913639/

From there make a backup in TWRP of whatever stock setup you have if needed for later. Then in TWRP wipe system, data, cache and install ("flash") the 14.1 build zip from the start of this thread. Install the recommended google apps from the first post [5th post? arm64 7.1 nano], boot it up and get the basics set up, maybe install an audio streaming app, streaming video app for testing audio.

Headphones, when plugged in, should have no sound at this point.

Reboot to recovery ("TWRP") and make a backup of this minimal installation of LOS14.1 and then flash the headphone fix zip that I send you over PM (or possible it'll be ready to release by then.). If all goes well, you'll have LOS14.1 running on your hd10 with headphones working.

The testing involves trying to break it. Minus the issues that are listed under "Known Issues" in the release page of the fix, you'll be trying all different combinations of plugging it in, unplugging, trying different apps, rebooting with headphones plugged in, unplugging them while playing audio, trying headset with mic, trying normal headphones, trying bluetooth speakers and headsets, turning Bluetooth off while playing audio while having headphones plugged in to see if they fall back to headphones correctly... try to make it do something unexpected. PM me with questions, happy to help.

Bonus would be after that 14.1 testing to wipe system data and cache, then flash LOS 12.1 and do the same. Install recommended google apps, minimally set up, backup then flash the headphone fix and try your best to break it then report back.

Last edited:
Reactions: n3wt

spelcheck

Nov 18, 2019
Seattle, WA
[suez] alsa_trigger - headphone enabler

https://github.com/workit247/suez/releases/tag/v1.0-beta

Flashable zip, using alsa_trigger method customized specifically for SUEZ lineageos 12.1 & 14.1 builds to enable headphone jack. Flash to install, flash to uninstall.

Note to testers: Nothing functional was changed since latest v.04-alpha pre-release. Also THANK YOU for your help.

Last edited:

BeniS98

Apr 16, 2018
https://github.com/workit247/suez/releases/tag/v1.0-beta

Flashable zip, using alsa_trigger method customized specifically for SUEZ lineageos 12.1 & 14.1 builds to enable headphone jack. Flash to install, flash to uninstall.

Note to testers: Nothing functional was changed since latest v.04-alpha pre-release. Also THANK YOU for your help.

Flashed it now in TWRP and it works like a charm. Excellent work spelcheck!

toidimaet

Aug 15, 2012
Thanks Spelcheck, excellent work. Checked BT as a sink and headset (made brief recording), everything working as intended alongside headphone jack on 14.1.

So I still can't get Netflix to show up on the Play Store (I'm fairly certain this has to do with the device not being certified), nor can I install any "newer" versions I've downloaded from APKMirror. This is really frustrating. It's pointless using this tablet to stream, as I don't have very fast WiFi at home or at work. I actually NEED to download anything first to watch it without buffering every ten seconds. Does someone have a working version of this I can install?

Anyone? Anything?

spelcheck

Nov 18, 2019
Seattle, WA
Anyone? Anything?

Try com.netflix.mediaclient_4.16.4_build_200217_minAPI19_maxAF, that's what I'm using on all my suez and karnak. Correct, it won't show up in play store without changing the "signature/fingerprint" of the device, as amazon has their own version that's in their app store. The version apk above was the last version that I found worked.

Try com.netflix.mediaclient_4.16.4_build_200217_minAPI19_maxAF, that's what I'm using on all my suez and karnak. Correct, it won't show up in play store without changing the "signature/fingerprint" of the device, as amazon has their own version that's in their app store. The version apk above was the last version that I found worked.

That's the one I have installed but it doesn't have the download feature.

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
Anyone? Anything?
Common problem w/custom ROMs. You'll need to change device fingerprint with Magisk props module (or similar) and possibly take additional steps to obfuscate device characteristics such as root. It is a cat & mouse game that requires constant tweaking. I tire of such antics and choose to stream with inexpensive stock devices such as the Onn 8 that have a clean Android build. Problem solved.

Common problem w/custom ROMs. You'll need to change device fingerprint with Magisk props module (or similar) and possibly take additional steps to obfuscate device characteristics such as root. It is a cat & mouse game that requires constant tweaking. I tire of such antics and choose to stream with inexpensive stock devices such as the Onn 8 that have a clean Android build. Problem solved.

And how would I do that?

Reactions: isolation42

bsnipes

Apr 16, 2010
So I still can't get Netflix to show up on the Play Store (I'm fairly certain this has to do with the device not being certified), nor can I install any "newer" versions I've downloaded from APKMirror. This is really frustrating. It's pointless using this tablet to stream, as I don't have very fast WiFi at home or at work. I actually NEED to download anything first to watch it without buffering every ten seconds. Does someone have a working version of this I can install?

I am still on 12.1 but the below works on it and lets me download:
https://apkpure.com/netflix/com.netflix.mediaclient/download/31696-APK?from=popup/version

DragonFire1024

Mar 27, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
www.twitter.com
Adaptive brightness doesn't work at all with your mod. The brightness doesn't change even after shining a torch on the light sensor in a overall dark room.

Weird. Works perfectly here. I'll take a look at it. Do you happen to use the live display settings?

Edit: I was using 'Lux Auto Brightness pro' up until I made that fix. I haven't needed it since.

Last edited:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/module-magiskhide-props-config-t3789228

Install it via Magisk, open a terminal emulator, run "props", and follow the instructions.

Choose the fingerprint of known devices that pass these checks. I typically go with the Nexus 7 2012 for my fire tablets.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/module-magiskhide-props-config-t3789228

Read-up on module use. I typically find Nexus 7 or Samsung devices work best. Good luck.

Is there something I'm missing here? I set the device fingerprint to Nexus 7 2012 WiFi, and rebooted, and I still don't see Netflix on the Play Store. I also get the "this package may be corrupt" error when trying to install a newer one from APKMirror/APKPure.

EDIT: Changed it to Nexus 9 WiFi, this time with the su command first. Passes SafetyNet check now. Can't see if it's certified because that's not showing in the Play Store settings right now for some reason. Netflix listing on the Play Store still says it's incompatible. Buuuuuuut.... I CAN install the app from APKMirror, but when I launch it it says it's not compatible with my device. So it looks like I'm stuck with 4.16 or whatever version that is. Which blows. Can't download any shows with that version.

Last edited:

AJS1986

Nov 21, 2019
Is there something I'm missing here? I set the device fingerprint to Nexus 7 2012 WiFi, and rebooted, and I still don't see Netflix on the Play Store. I also get the "this package may be corrupt" error when trying to install a newer one from APKMirror/APKPure.

EDIT: Changed it to Nexus 9 WiFi, this time with the su command first. Passes SafetyNet check now. Can't see if it's certified because that's not showing in the Play Store settings right now for some reason. Netflix listing on the Play Store still says it's incompatible. Buuuuuuut.... I CAN install the app from APKMirror, but when I launch it it says it's not compatible with my device. So it looks like I'm stuck with 4.16 or whatever version that is. Which blows. Can't download any shows with that version.

You're probably best downgrading to 12.1 if you want to download on Netflix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer
    Code:
    /*
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war,
     * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included
     * in the products you find here before flashing it!
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
     */
    LineageOS needs no introductions. This version of LineageOS-14.1 is a highly customised version solely for the Amazon Fire HD10

- EVEN MORE IMPORTANT: This ROM only works on devices using the bootloader hack. See <<< HERE >>> to unlock your devices.

- IMPORTANT: Do not update Magisk via the Magisk Manager App, your device will enter a bootloop if you do. Instead update Magisk via TWRP only. If you do this by accident then it is recoverable by just flashing the latest version of the ROM again (with gapps etc as required).

Rules
    - Please search the thread before asking questions
    - Please try to stay on topic, I know it's not always possible
    - Please report bugs here
    - Report only one issue per bug report
    - When reporting bugs please post a logcat and/or dmesg containing pertinent information regarding the issue...
    - Saying something isn't working without proper explanation will not attract any attention.

Known Issues
    - Wired headphones do not work
    - Camera does not work
    - OMX is only partially working

Prerequisites for Installation
    - Clean installation is required coming from lineage-12.1
    - Unlocked Bootloader
    - TWRP Installed

Initial Installation
    or coming from another rom
    - Enter TWRP
    - Enter wipe option
    - Format Data
    - Then swipe to factory reset
    - Copy the ROM to your device
    - Copy optional zips like gapps and magisk to device if required
    - You also have the option of using micro-g framework
    - Flash ROM, then optional zips
    - Reboot
    - And Enjoy :D

Upgrading to a new version
    - Copy the ROM to your device
    - Flash ROM
    - And Enjoy :D

Downloads
    *** Please do NOT create any mirrors ***
    Lineage-14.1 for Amazon Fire HD10"

Source Code
    - Kernel Source: https://github.com/ggow/android_kernel_amazon_mt8173-common
    - Suez Tree: https://github.com/ggow/android_device_amazon_suez
    - mt8173-common Tree: https://github.com/ggow/android_device_amazon_mt8173-common

Thanks
    - @k4y0z and @xyz` for the bootloader hack
    - @Goayandi for the mt8173 resources
    - LineageOS

Note
    Their is a issue with video playback do to the omx library files. This is a link to flash a fix in recovery for this problem below.
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=80762749&postcount=248

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS, ROM for the Amazon Fire HD 8 and HD 10

Contributors
    ggow, Ziona
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x

Version Information

Created 2019-09-26
    Last Updated 2020-08-11
    OMX FIX FOR VIDEO PLAYBACK

FLASH VIA RECOVERY

FIX'S YOUTUBE , FACEBOOK , LOCAL & WEB PLAYBACK

(No more video black screen or glitches)

:good:
    Project is definitely not dead. There is a lot of activity from various people since I have been absent. Hope everyone has had a good Christmas and wish everyone a great new year.

Things should start settling down for me in the new year, hopefully by the end of the first quarter.
    @ggow Any news about the new build with working OMX?

Not had a chance to do anything as yet. Busy with work, high stress and need to focus on that for the moment. When that passes then I can start to do more again.
    Just a quick note, progress has been slow this week due to time constraints.

Interviewing for another job this week and away on business next week.
    Things will start progressing once I get through the hump.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone