• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Discontinued] [ROM] [UNOFFICIAL] crDroid 6.2 [10] [H830|H850|RS988]

What do you think about this ROM?

• I like it

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • I hate it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like but I still want HavocOS/PE

Votes: 14 56.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

ROMSG

Aug 6, 2018
http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FBE3pE0l.png

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. crDroid is base on LineageOS so kernels and mods that work on LineageOS should work here.

Disclaimer

Your warranty is now void.
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Downloads
H830
H850
RS988

Installation
- Make sure your using the latest version of twrp or Orange Fox
- Disable any screen locks
- Copy crDroid ROM and Gapps (optional) to either internal storage or sd card
- Boot into twrp
- Wipe system, cache, dalvik and data
- If you are coming from stock you must format data
- Flash ROM and Gapps
- Flash magisk (optional)
- Reboot to system
- Enjoy

Contributors
x86cpu, ROMSG, Arda Suzen

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
Based On: LOS

Version Information

Created 2020-2-2
Last Updated 2020-2-12

Last edited:

djskribbles

Feb 25, 2011
are the bugs same as lineage 17???
For me personally, I'm experiencing the same bugs that I did on LOS17.1.
-Arnova's advanced Gcam 1.7 doesn't work (HDR processing freezes, can't take video etc.)
-Stock camera works, but video can't be played in gallery app, must use third-party player
-NFC doesn't seem to be working (tapping NFC in the quick settings does nothing and remains gray)

As some may know, there's an issue I've had in LOS since v16, with notifications not popping up in deep sleep until I manually wake my phone. This issue is happily not present in this rom for me.

Anyway, thanks for your work on this rom @ROMSG. I do have a few questions though:
1. Is there a way to adjust the AOSP keyboard height? It's a bit too 'short' for my liking. The number row is a welcome addition, but it makes the keyboard too compressed than what I'm used to. I could easily just get gboard but if I can adjust the height, the AOSP keyboard would be good enough.
2. This seems to be with all android 10 builds, but there was a toggle for the default messaging app to enable pop on notifications while the screen is on -- however this setting is grayed out in all android 10 builds for the G5 it seems. I personally like the little drop down preview when I receive a notification/sms while the screen is on.
3. When I'm charging my phone, it says that it's slow charging. I'm using the original charger that came with my phone. FWIW, my phone was at ~88%, so maybe it was trickle charging the last bit? I'll need to test this when it's lower.

I'm using an RS988 btw.

Ismrocks1234

Oct 21, 2019
for keyboard hight use google keyboart thas the best keyboard.
for popup notification open developer settings and in last click bubble notification.

and for slow charging thats usb cable issue reinsert the c type cable and u shuld hear a click sound when u insert it in phone...

djskribbles

Feb 25, 2011
for keyboard hight use google keyboart thas the best keyboard.
for popup notification open developer settings and in last click bubble notification.

and for slow charging thats usb cable issue reinsert the c type cable and u shuld hear a click sound when u insert it in phone...
Yeah I might just go with gboard.

The popup setting in the dev settings doesn't seem to work. Also I spoke too soon about the sms/deep sleep issue I'm having -- unfortunately I have it in this as well.

As far as the charging, I'll have to try it when I charge my phone next. I haven't seen this with LOS though. I noticed this in Blaises RR build, too.

All in all it seems like a nice rom.

Last edited:

djskribbles

Feb 25, 2011
Yeah I might just go with gboard.

The popup setting in the dev settings doesn't seem to work. Also I spoke too soon about the sms/deep sleep issue I'm having -- unfortunately I have it in this as well.

As far as the charging, I'll have to try it when I charge my phone next. I haven't seen this with LOS though. I noticed this in Blaises RR build, too.

All in all it seems like a nice rom.
So I finally charged my phone just now from 16% charge, and initially it said that it was slow charging, but then it went to rapid charging. I checked again at 80% and it said slow charging again. I don't think anything is wrong or different from any other rom though, as it took around 1hr 20-30min to charge, which is perfectly normal.

Used this rom for a good day and half now and it seems perfectly stable. Battery life seems great, too. Hopefully NFC, the camera and my notification issue can get fixed (which are again present in LOS17.1 as well) and this rom will be a great daily driver.

SaidJan

Nov 30, 2013
Minneapolis
I love this rom. Thanks for making this.
There is an annoying message before showing lockscreen which says "press and hold power button to unlock". When I press and hold then I should scroll up, and then enter my pattern.
How to disable that first screen? because sometimes it doesn't allow the flash light to turn on with holding power button.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FBE3pE0l.png

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. crDroid is base on LineageOS so kernels and mods that work on LineageOS should work here.

Disclaimer

Your warranty is now void.
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Downloads
    H830
    H850
    RS988

Installation
    - Make sure your using the latest version of twrp or Orange Fox
    - Disable any screen locks
    - Copy crDroid ROM and Gapps (optional) to either internal storage or sd card
    - Boot into twrp
    - Wipe system, cache, dalvik and data
    - If you are coming from stock you must format data
    - Flash ROM and Gapps
    - Flash magisk (optional)
    - Reboot to system
    - Enjoy

Contributors
    x86cpu, ROMSG, Arda Suzen

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: LOS

Version Information

Created 2020-2-2
    Last Updated 2020-2-12
    Waiting for March update... and hopefully some bug fixes.
    Thanks

I'm working on the next build as we speak should be out very soon
    WORKING
    WiFi
    Camera
    GPS
    NFC
    2.4 GHz Hotspot
    USB OTG

NOT WORKING
    Flashlight
    Bluetooth Crashes when enabled
    VoLTE and WiFi calling (will most likely never work)
    5.0 GHz Hotspot
    Encryption
    Fails Magisk SafetyNet
    Let me know of any other issues
    February

New Builds have been released with February Patch
    Hope we get new update with March security update soon here, since we got the official here: download.lineageos.org/h830
    Thanks

I'm working on it but in the meantime official, 17.1 builds are up. Thanks, x86-cpu