* Build CAF WLAN driver from Source
* Fix Wifi DHCP
* Fix Hostapd / Tethering
* Added all known Sprint Apns from stock

Kernel Changelog:-
* Upstream Kernel [4.9.180] --> [4.9.194]

Download Link:-
* https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1899786940962599045
Thanks man! I appreciate your work? Just got the last build booted so gonna run it for a day or so

Catordren

Oct 2, 2019
The ROM works well, but ever since I unlocked the bootloader I get this "Your device has been unlocked and can't be trusted. ID: bad key" warning every time I boot or restart the phone. Is there anyway to get rid of it ?
I'm a bit of a newbie so I don't know what to do about it.

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Reactions: Catordren

SyberHexen

Just wanted to let you know that your latest 10/01 build bootloops from stock. It dies just before the end of the bootlogo, which logs do you want, and ho do i get them?

Build is working reported by my telegram users

Odds are you didn't wipe internal storage

Or your SD card may need to be formatted

has anyone been able to get data on this rom on sprint

Please test the latest build. Includes fix for sprint

runed.OS

Jul 11, 2016
Moto E5
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
I went back to stock, then followed the guide separately, but with the new zip file. The original September release works. This new one doesn't. I've wiped the data partition, my SD card is portable storage (for backups), and I have XT1955-4 RETEU. I've even tried dirty flashing it. How should I get you the logs?

SyberHexen

I went back to stock, then followed the guide separately, but with the new zip file. The original September release works. This new one doesn't. I've wiped the data partition, my SD card is portable storage (for backups), and I have XT1955-4 RETEU. I've even tried dirty flashing it. How should I get you the logs?

After you boot device and it reboots/loops

goto twrp

adb pull /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops

runed.OS

Jul 11, 2016
Moto E5
OnePlus Nord N10 5G

goto twrp

I dirtyflashed it to slot A., and it boots. However, it crashes after i put in my passcode. If I format it and start fresh, It bootloops. I've attached the log. file.
Did you know that one of the people here thought up slots for the nexus 5? They really saved me, as this phone is also my daily driver.
I looked at the logs, and it dies directly after something about wpa-supplicant... This is an international variant. 5ghz wifi is 'unsupported' according to motorola. Is that the problem?

So I forced 5ghz to be enabled within wcnss_qcom_cfg.ini on the working install (pre-october release), and it errors out when I try to make a 5ghz hotspot. It literally just says 'Error', and then the hotspot switch turns off. Might be something to look into.

Attachments

• console-ramoops.log
    256 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

SyberHexen

I dirtyflashed it to slot A., and it boots. However, it crashes after i put in my passcode. If I format it and start fresh, It bootloops. I've attached the log. file.
Did you know that one of the people here thought up slots for the nexus 5? They really saved me, as this phone is also my daily driver.
I looked at the logs, and it dies directly after something about wpa-supplicant... This is an international variant. 5ghz wifi is 'unsupported' according to motorola. Is that the problem?

So I forced 5ghz to be enabled within wcnss_qcom_cfg.ini on the working install (pre-october release), and it errors out when I try to make a 5ghz hotspot. It literally just says 'Error', and then the hotspot switch turns off. Might be something to look into.

Hmm interesting can you tell me your exact country, variant and firmware?

Last edited:

ViRUS2015

Dec 23, 2014
Hey SyberHexen, I'm on the same boat as runed.OS. Flashed the latest version and now LineageOS bootloops. I've attached the ramoops logfile requested, and here's the info you need:

• Variant: ocean XT1955-2 64GB PVT1
  • Firmware: XT1955-2_OCEAN_RETLA_DS_9.0_PPO29.114-134-2_cid50_subsidy-DEFAULT_regulatory-DEFAULT_CFC

Hope this helps :)

Attachments

• console-ramoops.log
    230.9 KB · Views: 12

runed.OS

Jul 11, 2016
Moto E5
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
Hey SyberHexen, I'm on the same boat as runed.OS. Flashed the latest version and now LineageOS bootloops. I've attached the ramoops logfile requested, and here's the info you need:

• Variant: ocean XT1955-2 64GB PVT1
  • Firmware: XT1955-2_OCEAN_RETLA_DS_9.0_PPO29.114-134-2_cid50_subsidy-DEFAULT_regulatory-DEFAULT_CFC

Hope this helps :)

Hey just a heads up, you should be able to boot from the other slot. Just go to the reboot menu 8n twrp and choose the other slot. Reboot to slot a probably, but you want to choose the opposite of what you have selected by default. Then click reboot to system, and you have the old version back again. Slots are really an amazing concept, even though it's so simple ?

jhjhjhjhjhjh

Mar 14, 2017
Got this version to boot up and Bluetooth works, my lg headsets now read out loud like on stock.
Thanks for the update...

I bootlooped too guys.
I installed by using the original ROM in the op then once booted up after fresh install, enable USB debugging, then i used the CPU to boot into twrp then wiped data and cache. Flashed Los version 2, Reboot system ,Bam booted up. Then use CPU to boot twrp then install twrp via image to ramdisk. Reboot system.
Rooting.. Reboot recovery and back up boot.img in twrp.
Then reboot system. Download magisk manager apk open and hit install via patch boot method. Choose the boot.emmc from twrp back up folder. It will default to the internal download folder. Copy magisk patched boot to external SD card.
Then use advance reboot to recovery,
In twrp install image choose magisk patched boot . swipe into boot slot. Reboot system rooted on Los 16 version 2..
Optional. I then downloaded gapps pico.zip 98.76 mb. Flashed in twrp. I'll report if I see any bugs
Thanks again OP...

Nice kernel update. Faster and more stable.

Last edited:
Reactions: jmontano

runed.OS

Jul 11, 2016
Moto E5
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
Hopefully this guy gets his head out of the microwave soon.

Has anyone else confirmed a crash when unlocking their device on the new update? If you do a dirty flash, the system should still boot, but once you try to unlock it it will cause the kernel to panic and restart the device. We need more logs just in case something else is going on!

---------- Post added at 05:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 AM ----------

Hmm interesting can you tell me your exact country, variant and firmware?
Yes of course.
I'm not sure what country it's from since it's the international variant. A lot of the box says it's a UK phone.
The box:
```
TYPE MC394
XT1955-4 PL 4+64 BL DS
```
Firmware zip name: `XT1955-4_OCEAN_RETEU_9.0_PPO29.114-134_cid50_subsidy-DEFAULT_regulatory-DEFAULT_CFC.xml.zip`

SyberHexen

Hopefully this guy gets his head out of the microwave soon.

Has anyone else confirmed a crash when unlocking their device on the new update? If you do a dirty flash, the system should still boot, but once you try to unlock it it will cause the kernel to panic and restart the device. We need more logs just in case something else is going on!

---------- Post added at 05:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 AM ----------

Yes of course.
I'm not sure what country it's from since it's the international variant. A lot of the box says it's a UK phone.
The box:
```
TYPE MC394
XT1955-4 PL 4+64 BL DS
```
Firmware zip name: `XT1955-4_OCEAN_RETEU_9.0_PPO29.114-134_cid50_subsidy-DEFAULT_regulatory-DEFAULT_CFC.xml.zip`

Well I imagine the USA country code is default regarding wifi.

CAF implementation lacks the Motorola bits for setting country codes which appears to be needed

Reactions: runed.OS

jhjhjhjhjhjh

Mar 14, 2017
Thanks again SyberHexen..
Rom is near flawless.

Goodies ive noticed, tether works without hotspot data plan. 5ghz works.. Saved me 30 bucks a month. I tethered to xbox one and detailed network internet download speed 66.83 mb and 22.84 mb upload speed..mtu 1470 ..packet loss 0%...wifi strength 92%.. settings on 5ghz wifi tether.
No issues to report. You are awesome!!!!

Metro by TMobile using retail stock rom.. 9/4/19

Last edited:

NewbieGamingYT

Dec 17, 2017
Lansing
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
Not bad at all!

This ROM is really great. I think the battery dies faster than stock but I could be wrong! I am loving it so much so far. The only bug I have encountered is the weird color bug which I fix every time by going to developer options then ticking and unticking sRGB that fixes it. Other than that it is super fast, snappy, and all-around a really great ROM!

Once I do more bug testing and have this ROM for more than 2 days, I will do a real review!

Thanks again!

DiegoHache

Sep 24, 2013
I wasn't able to install correctly GAPPS. Aroma and mini versions ends cleanly but when phone the SO started there wasn't any google trace (not even gapps core). For stock and super I got "not enough space (or sometimes like that, I don't remember now the exact error).

Anyway, the few minutes I was testing it I saw the color issues that other users reported.

So, I ended flashing the stock firmware for now....

PS: After this "comings and goings" I still have two (minor) issues:
1) Every time I reboot the phone it starts on fastboot mode
2) After that I get a message starting with: "Your device has been unlocked and can't be trusted", instead of the "badkey" message

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F2okPze5.png

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications,
     */

About:
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Introduction:
    This is the unofficial Lineage OS thread for the Motorola G7 Power, codename ocean.

We support all the T-Mobile, International, and Project Fi variants, as their bootloaders are unlockable, while we can't support the Verizon and AT&T variants, as their bootloaders are permanently locked.

ROM:
    lineage-16.0-20191001-UNOFFICIAL-ocean.zip
    Stock Firmware:
    Official Firmware
    Recovery:
    Unofficial TWRP
    Copy Partitions: (To setup slot_b)
    copypartitions.zip
    (courtesy of @filipepferraz)
    Open GApps:
    http://opengapps.org

Preparation for A/B Roms:
    01. Download TWRP and the Firmware for your variant from the links above.
    02. Remove your google account under Settings > Accounts then factory reset your device as FRP is enforced.
    03. Unlock your bootloader Instructions here.
    04. Flash your factory firmware image on slot_A
    • Hold power + Volume down untill you reach bootloader (fastboot mode)
    • In your extracted firmware folder open a terminal and flash your firmware files with these commands.
    • NOTE: This last step installs vendor.img to slot_b as well.
    05. Use terminal to boot latest twrp.img "fastboot boot twrp.img"
    06. While on Slot_A Flash copypartitions.zip (This step only needs to be completed Once only after updating from stock factory firmwares.)
    07. While in TWRP choose Reboot > bootloader
    08. Now you're ready for ROM Steps below

ROM - Installation:
    01. Download the ROM, TWRP and GApps from the links above.
    02. Use terminal to boot latest twrp.img "fastboot boot twrp.img"
    03. Flash ROM.zip + TWRP_installer/boot.img ramdisk method
    04. Reboot > Recovery
    05. Install Gapps + Magisk (if you choose)
    06. Reboot > System

Updating (AKA 'dirty flash'):
    01. Download the updated ROM
    02. fasboot boot twrp.img
    03. Install ROM.zip + TWRP_installer/boot.img ramdisk method
    04. Reboot > Recovery
    05. flash gapps + Magisk (if you choose)
    06. Reboot > System

Notes:
    Any time your internal storage aka "Userdata" is from a stock install you must use 'fastboot -w' to erase it before using ROMS

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage OS 16.0, ROM for the Moto G7 Power, ROM for the Moto G7 Power

Contributors
    SyberHexen, erfanoabdi, LineageOS Team
    Source Code:
    [url]https://github.com/LineageOS[/URL]
    android_kernel_motorola_msm8953
    android_device_motorola_river_prebuiltvendor

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock Vendor.img

Version Information

Created 2019-09-18
    Last Updated 2019-10-01
    Ill be the one taking over advancing development for G7 Power :)
    ##### Lineage 16.0 Unofficial Build #####

Moto G7 Update:- 01-10-2019
    -[Ocean]-

Maintainer:- @SyberHexen

Device Changelog:-
    * Build CAF WLAN driver from Source
    * Fix Wifi DHCP
    * Fix Hostapd / Tethering
    * Added all known Sprint Apns from stock

Kernel Changelog:-
    * Upstream Kernel [4.9.180] --> [4.9.194]

Download Link:-
    * https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1899786940962599045
    Hey everyone!

So I've found a few fixes for the issues in this thread.

1. Bluetooth (you must be rooted):
    1a: delete the audiofx.apk app using the app manager of your choice (I used total commander)
    1b. Install `ViPER4Android FX Legacy` from the Magisk Manager Downloads menu. It's interactive, but I just pressed `volume up` for every setting.
    1c. I also installed `Audio Modification Library` and `Bluetooth stack audio bitrate changer for SBC + aptX & aptX-HD enabler`, but it fixed Bluetooth from step 1b, so these may be optional. The Bluetooth stack ... enabler is also interactive. Press `volume up` right away because I think the wait script is broken, and it needs to detect a volume button press.

2. Display Issues (no root needed):
    2a. As stated, you must change the display to sRGB in Settings→Display→Adaptive Display→Color Profile
    2b. In Developer options, there is a setting called 'Picture color mode' enable it, and the display mode *should* be persistent. I have no idea how that works. While you're in there, disable the animation speed ?

I found the first fix back a bit, please give that guy a thanks. Someone please help me enale VoLTE please I do GrubHub for a living

goto twrp