[DISCONTINUED][ROM][UNOFFICIAL][RIVER]Lineage OS 16.0

Search This thread

DrWu

Feb 10, 2015
I'm trying not to buy a phone that there isn't an LOS ROM for. My problem is that while shopping for the best price on a G7 I've found them listed with model numbers XT1962, XT1962-1, XT1962-4, XT1962-5 and XT1962-6. Does it make any difference to LOS compatibility, and if so which ones should I avoid getting?

The ones I'm looking at in particular are billed as "Unlocked" and according to Motorola the factory unlocked G7 will work on Verizon and its MVNOs, but I don't happen to be able to find a model number among their specs for the phone.

SyberHexen

I'm trying not to buy a phone that there isn't an LOS ROM for. My problem is that while shopping for the best price on a G7 I've found them listed with model numbers XT1962, XT1962-1, XT1962-4, XT1962-5 and XT1962-6. Does it make any difference to LOS compatibility, and if so which ones should I avoid getting?

The ones I'm looking at in particular are billed as "Unlocked" and according to Motorola the factory unlocked G7 will work on Verizon and its MVNOs, but I don't happen to be able to find a model number among their specs for the phone.

They are all compatible, even Amazon version.

Reactions: DrWu

Dawud211

Jan 9, 2020
about your rom update

Did you remember you said you were working for resurrection remix os custom for j5 prime? It has been almost two years,whats the update bro? @GamingHero

clintongsan

Jun 5, 2019
Fort Smith, Arkansas, US
POST IS NOT KIDDING ABOUT BK'ING UP PERSIST and EFS!

Thank you SO MUCH for including the step about backing up EFS and PERSIST partitions. I couldn't figure out what was going on with my phone until I remembered using the command "fastboot erase all" ... If you're interested and reading this please take my advice and DO NOT run that command. Unless you're trying to permanently brick your phone, like HARD, that command will only bring pain haha. Thankfully I followed the step, restored my backup and I'm good to go!:laugh:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F2okPze5.png

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications,
     */

About:
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Introduction:
    This is the unofficial Lineage OS thread for the Motorola G7, codename river.

We support all the T-Mobile, International, and Project Fi variants, as their bootloaders are unlockable, while we can't support the Verizon and AT&T variants, as their bootloaders are permanently locked.

ROM:
    lineage-16.0-20191001-UNOFFICIAL-river.zip
    Stock Firmware:
    Official Firmware
    Recovery:
    Unofficial TWRP
    Copy Partitions: (To setup slot_b)
    copypartitions.zip
    (courtesy of @filipepferraz)
    Open GApps:
    http://opengapps.org

Preparation for A/B Roms:
    01. Download TWRP and the Firmware for your variant from the links above.
    02. Remove your google account under Settings > Accounts then factory reset your device as FRP is enforced.
    03. Unlock your bootloader Instructions here.
    04. Flash your factory firmware image on slot_A
    • Hold power + Volume down untill you reach bootloader (fastboot mode)
    • In your extracted firmware folder open a terminal and flash your firmware files with these commands.
    • NOTE-1: This last step installs vendor.img to slot_b as well.
    05. Use terminal to boot latest twrp.img "fastboot boot twrp.img"
    06. ## Take a backup of EFS, Persist1, Persist2 then store this on your computer in a safe place!! ##
    07. While on Slot_A Flash copypartitions.zip (This step only needs to be completed Once only after updating from stock factory firmwares.)
    08. While in TWRP choose Reboot > bootloader

09. Now you're ready for ROM Steps below

ROM - Installation:
    01. Download the ROM, TWRP and GApps from the links above.
    02. Use terminal to boot latest twrp.img "fastboot boot twrp.img"
    03. Flash ROM.zip + TWRP_Installer.zip
    04. Reboot > Recovery
    05. Install Gapps + Magisk (if you choose)
    06. Reboot > System

Updating (AKA 'dirty flash'):
    01. Download the updated ROM
    02. fasboot boot twrp.img
    03. Install ROM.zip + TWRP_Installer
    04. Reboot > Recovery
    05. flash gapps + Magisk (if you choose)
    06. Reboot > System

Notes:
    Any time your internal storage aka "Userdata" is from a stock install you must use 'fastboot -w' to erase it before using ROMS

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage OS 16.0, ROM for the Moto G7, ROM for the Moto G7

Contributors
    SyberHexen, erfanoabdi, LineageOS Team
    Source Code:
    [url]https://github.com/LineageOS[/URL]
    android_kernel_motorola_msm8953
    android_device_motorola_river_prebuiltvendor

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock Vendor.img

Version Information

Created 2019-08-19
    Last Updated 2019-10-01
    BUGS
    ====
    1. Mobile Data can be intermittent (potentially carrier specific)
    2. LiveDisplay: Default mode causes screen inversion
    - Please Switch under Settings > Display > LiveDisplay > Color Profile > To Hal_Native/Standard
    Release Notes:
    (09/17/2019)
    Device:-
    * Adoptable Storage Support
    * Added support HBM support for all known panels
    (fixes non boot with certain screen suppliers)

Kernel:-
    * Upstream Kernel [4.9.112] --> [4.9.165]

(09/08/2019)
    * Included Patch for Magisk Support
    * Different IMS/Telephony Implementation
    (which should allow calls on VoLTE)
    * LiveDisplay Adjustments
    Irrelevant reply, mostly due to error in OP thread;

In the first paragraph of the About it says this LineageOS is for Android Oreo (8.0) while at the bottom it is claimed for Android Pie (9.0)

Will be installing soon for better feedback, but just thought you'd like to be aware of that.

Also, would this include the Security Patch of the most recent official release or is that something not to concern myself over with LineageOS releases?

Gotta love xda thanks for letting me know that xda reverted all my corrections to the main post over night.

So it's android 9.0 built with latest sources
    ##### LineageOS 16.0 Unofficial Build #####

Moto G7 (river) Update:- 24-09-2019
    Changelog:-
    Device:-
    * Fix BT Headset audio regarding sound playback

Kernel:-
    * Upstream Kernel [4.9.165] --> [4.9.180]

Download Link:-
    * https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1899786940962592987