[DISCONTINUED][ROM][V2 08.12.2016] CyanogenMod 14.1 BETA (NMF26O) for SGP611/SGP621

Search This thread

iamnotkurtcobain

Oct 30, 2010
Vienna
Magnetic charger works fine here (using official magnetic charging dock). Next version will get even better. Yesterday alviteri got video recording to work and I already included it. Will be in the next version.
Overall System UI Performance seems really janky and laggy. Do you think it's governor settings related? I have tried Default settings and zzmove. Not as smooth as cm12.1

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk

lowtraxx

Sep 20, 2007
Augsburg
blog.toshsoft.de
Overall System UI Performance seems really janky and laggy. Do you think it's governor settings related? I have tried Default settings and zzmove. Not as smooth as cm12.1

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk

Strange. Performance seems okay here using zzmoove. Sadly you cannot compare KitKat Lollipop to Nougat performance wise, as the Google engineers don't optimize for speed on older and unsupported devices any more with new versions. UI gets heavier and more computing intense with every release :( Does switching to performance governor change anything for you? The only performance problems I heard of to date in this thread were in games, and there they could be solved by using performance. I will try to bring more and balanced governors with the next releases and also the Sony guys and other kernel hackers are improving as much as they can on the kernel side. Stay tuned ;)

Last edited:

Ardarlol

Nov 20, 2016
Know this problem.

Tried to flash the zip through TWRP and my recovery says that my tablet is windy, even if mine is SGP621. Did this happen to any of you?

Sent from my Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact using Tapatalk

Had this problem. It's recovery glitch.
Flash right TWRP 3.0.2 on FOTA-kernel partition and all be fine.
P.S. CM recovery was bricking my tablet on open GApps pico install(stucking on unmount /system).
Usining this twrp version and everything works alright: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai_Nupfl-m1-goZ5xXk78i02atHI2Q

Last edited:
Reactions: bogdaniux
May 13, 2015
Strange. Performance seems okay here using zzmoove. Sadly you cannot compare KitKat Lollipop to Nougat performance wise, as the Google engineers don't optimize for speed on older and unsupported devices any more with new versions. UI gets heavier and more computing intense with every release :( Does switching to performance governor change anything for you? The only performance problems I heard of to date in this thread were in games, and there they could be solved by using performance. I will try to bring more and balanced governors with the next releases and also the Sony guys and other kernel hackers are improving as much as they can on the kernel side. Stay tuned ;)

My performance is great with performance governor. ?
The sound of alarm and notifications is still very loud on minimal settings.

lowtraxx

Sep 20, 2007
Augsburg
blog.toshsoft.de
My performance is great with performance governor.
The sound of alarm and notifications is still very loud on minimal settings.

Yes, sorry that did not work out for this version. But my solution was not very usable. I am still looking for the root of the problem. I hope it can be done by the next version.

G

GuestD2201

Autofocus is dependent on the blobs provided by sony for the most part. Their OS engineers are working on it, but as they are not spending that much resources on older devices it may never work. As for the WiFi, my connection works, but as with the camera, the Wifi is dependent on firmware blobs, as we are using the closed source broadcom driver. In a future release I may try to switch to the OpenSource one, but I do not know if this will be easy and even if it will make it better.

I'm already used to live without camera, but the wifi issue is critical. It still persists on the latest build(V4). Can you try and backport the driver with the blob from CM13(which worked)? There weren't any changes in driver interface in kernel AFAIK, so that should be relatively easy.

KuLakow

Oct 30, 2014
Hello, I still have an issue with volume. Multimedia volume is higher than on stock ROM or CM12.1. Even the lowest volume is loud sometimes. I also can't use alarm clock, because I can't change volume of this, it's same everytime, regardless of slider position. How should I fix this?

Reactions: Alex_Dorovskikh

noname2no

Mar 2, 2014
did someone try to flash the 612 (WiFi 32GB)?

Yes, I flashed it yesterday using the recommended approach for scorpion_windy and I confirm it runs perfectly fine. In particular, I did not meet any issue with the partition size (25.44Gb).

Many thanks to Lowtraxx for this fine cm build. Very stable, nice battery runtimes.

sha1sum: 0d97c470ae7f9620e80b9fd2a7085707348a7116 recovery-scorpion_windy.img

sha1sum: c1e22047c1d42da104867c17fbbee5f2a8519f4b cm-14.1-20161221-UNOFFICIAL-scorpion_windy.zip

finalista

Jul 18, 2009
Yes, I flashed it yesterday using the recommended approach for scorpion_windy and I confirm it runs perfectly fine. In particular, I did not meet any issue with the partition size (25.44Gb).

Many thanks to Lowtraxx for this fine cm build. Very stable, nice battery runtimes.

sha1sum: 0d97c470ae7f9620e80b9fd2a7085707348a7116 recovery-scorpion_windy.img

sha1sum: c1e22047c1d42da104867c17fbbee5f2a8519f4b cm-14.1-20161221-UNOFFICIAL-scorpion_windy.zip
thanks for reporting :)

belrik

Nov 25, 2010
So, my tablet decided it wanted to hibernate again and refuse to boot after a low-power shutdown. A couple of times it seems to end up with disk corruption which stops it powering on or entering the charging mode following a low-battery shutdown. I can't see what's happening but the only solution seems to be patience and repeated attempts until it's possible to enter fastboot and then either wipe data in fastboot or by booting an off-board twrp image and executing the wipe from there. Either way the data partition appears to have been trashed to the extent that the devices fails to boot until a factory reset. Weird thing is that the device won't even show the sony logo, the thing fails to charge and fails to power on whatsoever. Connection via fastboot is possible but screen is never powered on, no backlight.
I'm guessing the devs here would have stumbled into the quirks of this tablet, does it sound like bad flash or other hardware or is that a known software issue?

Many thanks

fred0r

Nov 23, 2011
Hamburg
I'm also stuck on the latest official CyanogenMod for that piece of Hardware. As i'm on scorpion windy i'll wait for your next build (with working gps).
Keep up the good work !

lowtraxx

Sep 20, 2007
Augsburg
blog.toshsoft.de
So, my tablet decided it wanted to hibernate again and refuse to boot after a low-power shutdown. A couple of times it seems to end up with disk corruption which stops it powering on or entering the charging mode following a low-battery shutdown. I can't see what's happening but the only solution seems to be patience and repeated attempts until it's possible to enter fastboot and then either wipe data in fastboot or by booting an off-board twrp image and executing the wipe from there. Either way the data partition appears to have been trashed to the extent that the devices fails to boot until a factory reset. Weird thing is that the device won't even show the sony logo, the thing fails to charge and fails to power on whatsoever. Connection via fastboot is possible but screen is never powered on, no backlight.
I'm guessing the devs here would have stumbled into the quirks of this tablet, does it sound like bad flash or other hardware or is that a known software issue?

Many thanks

That sounds very strange and more like a hardware defect than a software one. My battery is relatively empty, so I will try to get it to low power shutdown and report back about the behavior of my device then.

I'm also stuck on the latest official CyanogenMod for that piece of Hardware. As i'm on scorpion windy i'll wait for your next build (with working gps).
Keep up the good work !

Could others please confirm that GPS is not working for them on Windy? A friend of mine keeps insisting, that GPS works on his windy with no problems, without the fix..?

Lineage OS is being checked out. Will do a build tonight and test if upgrade from CM14.1 works without problems. Then it is to decide if I rename this thread or open a new one. And then hopefully in a few days time, a functioning build will be provided here for you to download and enjoy ;)

In other news. Lineage OS builds and is able to upgrade the latest version of CyanogenMod. All features that used to work seem to still work, but there is still a little more testing involved before I release the flashable images. So stay tuned.

thommcn

Aug 2, 2011
GPS is not working for me on Windy (tested with app off Fdroid) logcat attached. Also, is there a config file that I can edit in root to change or remove the phone shortcut on the lockscreen?

Last edited:

NTRNSTR

Jul 30, 2016
Could others please confirm that GPS is not working for them on Windy? A friend of mine keeps insisting, that GPS works on his windy with no problems, without the fix..?

Just checked and I can confirm that the GPS is not working on my windy device. (I used the same app on my phone and it found satellites instantly)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161231-231621.png
    178 bytes · Views: 630
Last edited:
Reactions: da900

lowtraxx

Sep 20, 2007
Augsburg
blog.toshsoft.de
First test version of LineageOS

The first version of LineageOS is here. It will most likely replace CM14.1 and can be found in this new thread. Here are the goods:

Changelog (LineageOS):
05.01.2017 - V1:
- Switch to Lineage Sources
- Newest security patches and fixes by Sony, QCom and Google
- Camera now records video
- SELinux is now enforced
- GPS on SGP611 should now work reliably (thanks koron393)
- Bluesleep wakelock should be gone and device should deep sleep now

Flashing from CM14.1:
If you want to upgrade, you need to take special care and follow the instructions here or you could end up with a bootlooping device. Anyways, as always, before you try to upgrade, make a backup. I repeat, MAKE A BACKUP! LineageOS is now enforcing SELinux, which leads to all kinds of complications, but makes the device more secure in the end and is well worth the extra effort needed. So lets get to it then.
First you need to have twrp recovery, as cm recovery is, for some reason we have not been able to figure out yet, not capable of installing GApps to the device. After that, flash the update.zip any way you want (via SD or sideload) and DIRECTLY after flash GApps (if you use them. If not you should be good to go). If you forget to flash GApps you will end up in a bootloop. But do not panic, it can be fixed by (you may have guessed) rebooting back into recovery and flashing GApps.

Last edited:

Bruno_costa82

Jan 26, 2017
Android 7

Hi...
I'm New here. I recently brought this Tablet and it comes With Android 6. Do you recommend to change to 7?

Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This ROM is discontinued. The successor of CyanogenMod is LineageOS which can be found in the corresponding Thread. The Downloads will be left here for the time being.

Disclaimer: Flash at your own risk! Backup your data before flashing! I am not responsible for bricked devices, World War III or your exploding cats!
    Warning: The SGP611 images are not tested, but just built by me, as I do not own the device. But as the two devices are the same except for the 4G Modem, it should work. If not, please let me know.

About:
    As my beloved SGP621 was just collecting dust, I decided to try porting Android 7.1 AOSP onto it. That worked well, so I moved on to CM 14.1
    And voila, with a few tweaks here and there, it works (for the most part). But this is still considered BETA, so be warned and flash at your own risk.

What works:
    - Display
    - Sound
    - WiFi
    - 4G Data
    - Bluetooth
    - NFC (somewhat flakey)
    - LED
    - Magnetic Cover Sleep/Wake
    - Double-Tap to wake

What doesn't work:
    - FM Radio (It works, but only if Bluetooth is off and breaks if BT is on while Radio gets enabled)
    - Camera (Taking Pictures works, but sometimes the camera is not able to connect. Taking a video crashes the mediaserver.)
    - LiveDisplay is not working correctly
    - Performance Profiles cannot be set (CM14.1 issue)
    - You tell me

If your battery depletes rapidly, please disable NFC and check if it betters things. Then comment here, so I can look into it.

Flashing Recovery (This only applies if you do not have one already. If you do, go to the Flashing section below):
    If you flash for the first time, you first need to download the CM recovery for your device from below.
    To flash it, you need to put your tablet into fastboot mode (VolUp + plugging in USB-Cable) and then flash the recovery like this:
    Code:
    fastboot flash FOTAKernel recovery-scorpion.img
    If you come from stock or from a ROM that does not support Recovery on the FOTAKernel partition, you also need to fastboot flash the boot image for your device before rebooting into recovery.
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot-scorpion.img

Flashing:
    If you installed the recovery to the FOTAKernel partition then, while booting, get your device into recovery mode, by hitting VolUp multiple times once the LED flashes purple. Do so until it turns orange. (If you already have another recovery installed, boot into it.)
    Now select install from adb sideload and from your computer issue:
    Code:
    adb sideload cm-14.1-(DATE)-UNOFFICIAL-scorpion(_windy).zip

gapps:
    CM14.1 was tested with open gapps for Nougat 7.1 arm (nano confirmed working, others could be problematic)

Tips for better battery life:
    I installed Naptime to trigger deep doze as soon as the tablet goes to sleep. I also enabled zzmoove cpu gov and noop scheduler in the kernel options. Because of the high display brightness. This leads to me getting standby battery consumption of around 1.2% per hour (measured with GSam Battery Monitor) which is nearly the same amount I got with stock.

Changelog:
    21.12.2016 - V4:
    - Newest CM, Sony and Android sources
    - Security patches
    - Lots of UI fixes
    - Support for SDCardFS
    - Support for LiveDisplay
    08.12.2016 - V3:
    - Updated to Android 7.1.1 (NMF26O)
    - Updated to newest sources (CM and Sony)
    - Added workaround for charging wakelock (thanks rcstar6696)
    - FM Radio works (only if Bluetooth is off, breaks if BT is on while Radio gets enabled)
    04.12.2016 - V2.1:
    - Updated to newest sources (CM and Sony)
    - Added UHS SD-Card fix from koron393
    03.12.2016 - V2:
    - Updated to newest CM14.1 sources
    - Updated to newest Sony kernel and driver sources
    - Integrated Widevine DRM for Play Movies
    - Lots of fixes and enhancements
    - Better battery life
    - Lowered user configurable mimimal brightness
    02.11.2016 - V1:
    - Initial release: Everything except Camera and Radio is working. Camera uses HAL1.

- Sony, for providing awesome AOSP support on github
    - alviteri for providing me with pointers and help on my porting issues
    - koron393 for the UHS SDCard fix

Downloads:
    V4 - GDrive - CM14.1 Scorpion (SGP621)
    V4 - GDrive - CM14.1 Scorpion Windy (SGP611)
    Recovery - GDrive - Scorpion (SGP621) recovery
    Recovery - GDrive - Scorpion Windy (SGP611) recovery

Older Versions:
    V3 - GDrive - CM14.1 Scorpion (SGP621)
    V3 - GDrive - CM14.1 Scorpion Windy (SGP611)
    V2.1 (sdfix) - GDrive - CM14.1 Scorpion (SGP621)
    V2.1 (sdfix) - GDrive - CM14.1 Scorpion Windy (SGP611)
    V1.0.1 - GDrive - SGP621: cm-14.1-BETA-scorpion.zip
    V1 - GDrive - SGP611: cm-14.1-BETA-scorpion_windy.zip
    First test version of LineageOS

The first version of LineageOS is here. It will most likely replace CM14.1 and can be found in this new thread. Here are the goods:

Changelog (LineageOS):
    05.01.2017 - V1:
    - Switch to Lineage Sources
    - Newest security patches and fixes by Sony, QCom and Google
    - Camera now records video
    - SELinux is now enforced
    - GPS on SGP611 should now work reliably (thanks koron393)
    - Bluesleep wakelock should be gone and device should deep sleep now

Flashing from CM14.1:
    If you want to upgrade, you need to take special care and follow the instructions here or you could end up with a bootlooping device. Anyways, as always, before you try to upgrade, make a backup. I repeat, MAKE A BACKUP! LineageOS is now enforcing SELinux, which leads to all kinds of complications, but makes the device more secure in the end and is well worth the extra effort needed. So lets get to it then.
    First you need to have twrp recovery, as cm recovery is, for some reason we have not been able to figure out yet, not capable of installing GApps to the device. After that, flash the update.zip any way you want (via SD or sideload) and DIRECTLY after flash GApps (if you use them. If not you should be good to go). If you forget to flash GApps you will end up in a bootloop. But do not panic, it can be fixed by (you may have guessed) rebooting back into recovery and flashing GApps.
    Lineage OS is being checked out. Will do a build tonight and test if upgrade from CM14.1 works without problems. Then it is to decide if I rename this thread or open a new one. And then hopefully in a few days time, a functioning build will be provided here for you to download and enjoy ;)

Many thanks

That sounds very strange and more like a hardware defect than a software one. My battery is relatively empty, so I will try to get it to low power shutdown and report back about the behavior of my device then.

Keep up the good work !

In other news. Lineage OS builds and is able to upgrade the latest version of CyanogenMod. All features that used to work seem to still work, but there is still a little more testing involved before I release the flashable images. So stay tuned.
    New Version is up (V2 03.12.2016). Now a flashable zip :)

Disclaimer: Please make a backup before flashing this. There were massive changes in CM as well as in the overall structure of my ROM. Updating should work flawlessly, but I can not guarantee it.

Changelog:
    03.12.2016 - V2:
    - Updated to newest CM14.1 sources
    - Switched to flashable zip (can still provide img files if needed)
    - Updated to newest Sony kernel and driver sources
    - Integrated Widevine DRM for Play Movies
    - Lots of fixes and enhancements
    - Better battery life
    - Lowered user configurable mimimal brightness