[DISCONTINUED][ROM][WEEKLY] Android Ice Cold Project 16.1 [enchilada]

Search This thread

umangtayal

Feb 17, 2019
Hey everyone.

After talking with my good friend @phpbb3 , I have decided to write this Essay alike post:

Normally, I would go ahead and create a new XDA thread but I'd like to post it in here. I have been working getting enchilada in a good state in order to kickstart the weeklies for it and so far it has been great minus a couple of issues some users might face. If anyone is interested.

Installation Instructions are pretty straight-forward I guess. What I would do is to install the latest OOS on both slots to ensure all it's well, then I'd wipe data and flash it along with a GApps of my choice, note that I was able to test it with MindTheGapps and I have no idea whether the other GApps solution might work, so you would test that as well.

Also, after installation you will be greeted with Lineage recovery and if you want to install , say, a build. You would do 'adb sideload filename.zip' and it will do its job.

Sometime this week I will be creating a new thread I believe so.

So, bugs:
- Sound control is there and working well, however for now it doesn't "appear" that often in PartsBin (Settings > Advanced device settings), I will get it fixed by the next build hopefully.
- You will tell me.

Basic functions such as wifi, dash charge etc. They're working fine including fingerprint.

Now, the sources:

Download link: https://sourceforge.net/projects/ai...ilada_s-17.1-UNOFFICIAL-20220723.zip/download

For a better support, Please join us on Discord and I will try my best to assist you.

Have fun.

Alex.
Can you please tell me what's the default home launcher? If its lawnchair then I'll flash mindthegapps otherwise nikgapps with pixel launcher addon.

phpbb3

Can I get your discord link, sir? This ROM is perfect for me except a bug that I faced. Which is the voice cracked. It happens to me whenever I use speaker or headphone to play sound, but it's weird that the issue can be solved by playing music.
@GreekDragon is part of the AICP team so you can find him on our official Discord in the first post 😁

Reactions: zclean

GreekDragon

Recognized Developer
Jan 5, 2014
Volos, Greece
aicp-rom.com
Hey there,

Here's a latest build with all the good stuff baked in and up-to-date sources. I believe the voice crack has been fixed @zclean ,if you are still around and interested to test it feel free ;)

Sometimes, the audio gain tweak setting gets dissapeared in the Settings, but It can be adjusted fine with any Kernel Manager. This is a bug and It should be fixed later on. Other than that, it's a bug-free device, Or at least this is what I think so 🙈🙈🙈

If everything goes well, I can pull the trigger and get it into weeklies by the first week of September.

Download link:

zclean

Dec 2, 2019
Hey there,

Here's a latest build with all the good stuff baked in and up-to-date sources. I believe the voice crack has been fixed @zclean ,if you are still around and interested to test it feel free ;)❤️❤️

Sometimes, the audio gain tweak setting gets dissapeared in the Settings, but It can be adjusted fine with any Kernel Manager. This is a bug and It should be fixed later on. Other than that, it's a bug-free device, Or at least this is what I think so 🙈🙈🙈

If everything goes well, I can pull the trigger and get it into weeklies by the first week of September.

Download link:
Thanks a lot for your work, I'll test it later❤️❤️

• Love
Reactions: GreekDragon

fred_gaou

Jul 25, 2014
Here and there
OnePlus 6
Hey there,

Here's a latest build with all the good stuff baked in and up-to-date sources. I believe the voice crack has been fixed @zclean ,if you are still around and interested to test it feel free ;)

Download link:
So you are the new maintainer? The word discontinued in thread title is misleading then and may dissuade op6 owners to test. Same as goes for the official download page where last build is 16.1.

Is it now based on A12?

I suggest creation of a new thread for 17.1 I will definitely fallow.

Before installing AICP 17.1, do you recommand to install first OOS 11.1.2.2 or 10.3.12 ?

How stable is AICP 16.1 if users here still use it?

Last edited:

fred_gaou

Jul 25, 2014
Here and there
OnePlus 6
Hello folks,
on 10/10 we will move to OOS 11 fw base for our builds. For us folks, @tdm has so kindly provided us with this fw zip omitting big unnecessary junk like System : http://files.nwwn.com/android/enchilada/enchilada-firmware-11.0-20210805.zip

I recommend this process either via TWRP flash or sideload:
Flash fw zip + aicp, reboot to recovery, flash fw zip + aicp, reboot to recovery, flash gapps (and magisk if you must), wipe dalvik, reboot to system.

I am advised that in initial testing, the new aicp sauce still plays ok with OOS 10 fw, but ymmv and it is NOT supported by us. Use it as a safetynet so you are not bricked if initially you forget or took the AICP OTA before reading this.

We do understand 11.1.1.1 is out, and this is not yet tested but theoretically should also work fine.
Do you know if it would work with the last firmware 11.1.2.2 ? Do we really need vendor and some other partitions from it ? I see lineageOS recommends a slimer update here. I could use fastboot flash to update the firmware to any version recommended but I need to know if I need to flash the same partitions as in the enchilada-firmware-11.0-20210805.zip or if the recommended ones by LineageOS are enough.

I’m aware the AICP 16.1 is discontinued but if it works smoothly, I could propose to keep it alive by integrating the google security patches once a month or when needed. I’m not a fan of A12.

phpbb3

Do you know if it would work with the last firmware 11.1.2.2 ? Do we really need vendor and some other partitions from it ? I see lineageOS recommends a slimer update here. I could use fastboot flash to update the firmware to any version recommended but I need to know if I need to flash the same partitions as in the enchilada-firmware-11.0-20210805.zip or if the recommended ones by LineageOS are enough.

I’m aware the AICP 16.1 is discontinued but if it works smoothly, I could propose to keep it alive by integrating the google security patches once a month or when needed. I’m not a fan of A12.
Afaik the final build works fine with 11.1.2.2. using los's instructions to update the FW should be fine but ymmv - I never updated that way on enchilada.

fred_gaou

Jul 25, 2014
Here and there
OnePlus 6

INTRO​

First, I want to thank all the team for building this ROM. I love it.

BUG REPORT​

I know it’s discontinued but if the version 16.1 is still supported on other devices, this bug could concern them too.

BUG 1

Problem​

The back button programmatically sent by apps (or adb shell or a terminal via input keyevent 4) doesn’t work.

Impact​

• It breaks some tasks using back button action you may need in Tasker
  • It breaks any scripts that may need to send back key
  • It breaks any apps like the one using gestures to replace the OEM on-screen navigation gestures. They are numerous. Here are some of the one I use or tested :

Cause​

AICP extra > Navigation > On-screen navigation enabled ✅

Solution​

Disable : AICP extra > Navigation > On-screen navigation ❌
This will cause bug 2 (more serious) below. So not really a viable solution.

Debugging​

For anyone using tasker, here is a simple task to import using the 3 different methods to send back key to system. (Just disable status bar : collapsed, I forgot.)
task back buttons.png

In attachement a back button bug.zip containing all tests with screenshots and trimmed logcat for each test.

For Tasker, I used the task above.
For Termux, I used :
Code:
su
input keyevent 4

For the logs, I forgot AICP had his own thing to export. Hence I used Logcat Reader. It exports log as simple text file but in a different format (2 lines per event). So it can be tedious to read the log outside the app, no coloring formatting, etc.

Test is considered passed when this message is received in logcat : GoogleInputMethodService.onKeyDown():2513 Received KEYCODE_BACK. isAllViewsInvisible=true. The back action is always performed in the UI when this event is triggered.
  1. Task with On screen navigation OFF : test passed ✅
  2. Task with On screen navigation ON : test failed ❌
  3. Termux with On screen navigation OFF : test passed ✅
  4. Termux with On screen navigation ON : test failed ❌
  5. Default navbar back button tap : test passed ✅ (of course)
In a nutshell, the difference I detected in the logcat between failure and success is about GoogleInputMethodService. Something prevents it from receiving KEYCODE_BACK. I didn’t found out why in the logcat but I’m not a pro.

Tasker failed vs passed

fail-250x383.jpg
sucess-250x427.jpg

BUG 2 (related to bug 1)

Problem​

When On screen navigation is OFF
Screenshot_20221005-040812_AICP_Extras-250x158.png

IF audio is playing (no matter the source or the output, speaker or BT)
AND the screen is OFF
THEN user can not turn on the screen in any way (fingerprint or power button) and unlock the device. In the meantime, after having pushed the power button, the lock screen starts flashing on a cycle of approximately 500ms ON/1500ms OFF.

Cause​

AICP extra > Navigation > On-screen navigation is disabled.

Workaround to stop the screen flickering and unlock the device​

The audio needs to be muted.
Either use Bluetooth button to pause the media or use the device volume key down until the audio is muted.

Test to no avail​

Toggle
  • AOD
  • Dark mode
  • Mono/Stereo
  • Plane mode

Debugging​

Pease find the logcat+dmesg (from AICP built-in tool) in attachment. Both

When On-screen navigation is disabled
In logcat from aicp_logs_On-screen navigation OFF.zip  :
  • Line 1: First powerpress event to lock the device and shutdown the screen
  • Line 88: First fatal exception
  • Line 666: new powerpress event to unlock device. The screen starts flickering after that.
  • Line 772/1372/1850: next fatal exceptions

When On-screen navigation is enabled.
In logcat from aicp_logs_On-screen navigation ON.zip  :
  • Line 1: First powerpress event to lock the device and shutdown the screen
  • Line 353: new powerpress event to unlock device. The lock screen display normally.
No fatal exceptions.

CONCLUSION

BUG FIX​

AICP extra > Navigation > On-screen navigation when enabled prevents user and third party apps from sending back keycode, destroying any third party solutions to automate or navigate.

The solution is to disable it. Unfortunately, it brings a more serious bug with lock screen in some banal circumstances.

I remain at your disposal to help solve this bug. If someone of the team can fix it but have no device to test it, I will install the test build and report.

Attachments

• back button bug.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • aicp_logs_On-screen navigation OFF.zip
    183.7 KB · Views: 0
  • aicp_logs_On-screen navigation ON.zip
    156.1 KB · Views: 0

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

logo_black.png

AICP
    Android Ice Cold Project

AICP is known by everyone as the "Ice Cold Project" that started on a Desire HD years ago (2012) and since then has evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community that you can find!!!

Until Android Lollipop, the ROM has always been based on AOKP. Unfortunately, since AOKP stopped development (but made a comeback later), we changed our base to CM.
    With the re-brand of CM to LineageOS (LOS), we became LineageOS based with some tweaks from AOSP and then changed to be based on the "Ground Zero Open Source Project" (GZOSP) for Android Pie.
    We changed again for Android Q-R with a base of AOSP repositories and some additions from LineageOS for device-specific repositories.

If there are any bugs we will sort them out if it concerns our codebase. This ROM isn't LineageOS supported, so there is no need to report errors/bugs to them!!

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.
    */

features.png

Feature list (rough overview)

credits.png

In the beginning we would like to thank:

GZOSP team
    LineageOS & CM (R.I.P.) team
    @maxwen and the rest of the OmniRom team
    DU team
    Resurrection Remix team
    AOSiP team
    Community

team.png

@LorD ClockaN
    @eyosen
    @semdoc
    @SpiritCroc
    @wartomato
    @Miccia
    plus the rest of the crazy bunch that we call "team"

donations.png

We are paying for servers that build weeklies and everything that comes with this, so EVERY DONATION will really be appreciated and be used to cover those expenses.
    Thank you!!

downloads.png

Latest 11 WEEKLY Release Version 16.1

Download link: https://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/

Please note that official builds will be deleted from our servers every month due to maintenance services.
    Starting with AICP 15 we will be storing a copy of the most recent release here: https://media.aicp-rom.com/vault/.

changelog.png

Full Changelog link (OFFICIALS ONLY): https://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/
    (Just click the changelog button next to the download link in the list of builds available for your device)

Google Apps:
    https://nikgapps.com/downloads
    OR
    https://wiki.lineageos.org/gapps.html

issues.png

On clean install, go to Settings > Additional Device Settings . Some Audio Gains may be set to 0 by default. Turn them up.
    Google hotword anywhere may not be working. RIP.
    You tell... :p

FAQ:
    Before using the ROM:
    Q. Can I have an ETA for the next build?
    A. For beta builds, no. For officials, yes, just look here to see what day your device is built on.

Q. Does this ROM support custom kernels officially?
    A. No. You can still use them, but the discussion should go in the thread of the respective kernel. We don't offer support for bugs you might encounter while using them!

Flashing the ROM:
    Q. What do I need to know before flashing?
    A. Check the flashing instructions...

Q. Can the builds be dirty flashed over each other?
    A. Yes, this is the usual behavior on flashing a new official build by (or using) the build-in updater service.

Q. How do I 'dirty flash' builds?
    A. Use the built-in Updater app. If using beta builds reboot to recovery, flash ROM and recovery solution if required. rebooting and reinstalling gapps is not required if NikGapps are used.

Q. How do I flash kernel builds?
    A1. If it's a .img file, boot into TWRP and go to the install page in TWRP, in the bottom right corner select "install image", select the desired kernel, then select "boot" as the destination, then swipe to flash, then go back to the install screen and install your root method again, if you don't want to lose root and reboot.
    A2. If it's a flashable ZIP, you can flash it together with a ROM update or separately. Go to the install page in TWRP, choose the kernel zip (or add it to the flash queue right after the ROM zip). Then add your root method to the queue if you don't want to lose root. Now swipe to flash and reboot afterward.

Using the ROM:

Q. Do I need to provide a logcat if I'm reporting a bug?
    A. If you want it to be fixed faster (or at all) then yes, you should definitely provide a logcat AND the model name. (Note: Please just link the logcat from your GDrive, Dropbox, etc. Do not post the content here. Thanks.)

Q. How do I get a logcat, what type should I get, and more questions that can conveniently be answered by my pre-determined answer?
    A1. Read this thoroughly. Also, here's a good app for getting logs: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tortel.syslog (Root needed).
    A2. If you are already rooted, you can use the built-in feature to make a logcat and provide that. Just look into the others section on the AICP Extras main page.

instructions.png

The ROM should contain everything you need to enjoy Android R. You don't need to install any Add-ons, simply download the latest ROM and GApps, then follow the flashing instructions and go!
    If you want the device to run the ROM "rooted", you can flash a root solution of your choice after the ROM zip file.

It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing and please avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup (or with any backup/restore app) as this can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug, restoring regular apps is fine though.
    If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.

How to flash for the first time:
    (Again: Don't do it if you don't know!)

1. Flash OOS 10.3.9 or higher to both slots
    2. Download the ROM and GApps.
    3. Boot to recovery (TWRP recommended).
    4. Wipe the System, Cache, and Data (you might need to format the data partition!). DO NOT WIPE VENDOR
    5. Flash the ROM zip file.
    6. Reboot back into TWRP recovery.
    7. Flash the GApps (optional, needed for e.g. Google Playstore to work).
    8. (optional) flash LineageOS copy-partitions zip to ensure your new AICP is on both slots.
    9. Reboot and set up your device, enable developer settings and in them, OEM unlock/Advanced reboot/USB debugging.
    NOTE: You may find your first boot to the new AICP system only boots to LineageOS recovery. If so, wipe data from the LOS recovery and reboot.
    10. Reboot back into TWRP recovery.
    11. (optional) Flash the root solution of your choice.
    12. Reboot your device.
    The procedure may vary from device to device and is a bit different on system updates!

The ROM has GApps persistence in between dirty flashes, so you only have to flash them once!

Currently supported Root Solution:

Magisk stable

sources.png

If you want to contribute to AICP, or if you want to see what is being worked on/merged, feel free to visit our Gerrit code review system. (Link is at the bottom!!!)

Kernel source:
    Device tree source:
    Vendor source:

ROM & Additional links:
    AICP's Homepage
    AICP Gerrit Code Review
    AICP sources on Github
    AICP Download page for official builds and media content
    AICP Discord Community
    AICP Telegram channel for server notifications on official builds

Contributors:

@Claymore1297
    @csolanol
    @phpbb3

Information:[/U[
    ROM OS Version:
    Kernel: Linux 4.9.x
    ROM Firmware Required:OOS Stable
    OFFICIAL
    Release Date: 02-09-2021

You want to see a "normal" night at the "DEV office", click here!!

I usually do not comment on the ROMs on this phone (and on any phones alltogether) but I must admit: This one is by far the most useful to me in options as well as in aesthetics.
    I have tried a lot of other roms recently, like: Syberia, crDroid, LOS18, Palladium OS, Havoc Os. All with the current A11 firmware, and by far it is the most "bugless" ROM on this phone. Interestingly on my OP3T, I use Havoc and very satisfied with it.
    Installation was easy, like with almost all ROMs, install rom on both sides, not forgetting the TWRP survival method, and OpenGAPPS pico. Both addons are latest versions.
    Some other info: LOS18 had too few options to me, crDroid had notch-disabling issue, Havoc had some minor bugs(smart lock not working properly), Palladium OS was terrible to me in every way, etc...
    A lot of other ROMs come with pre-installed GAPPS, meaning I have to de-bloat it right after initial setup.
    This one is just right out of the box.
    Many thanks devs!
    FYI folks, starting with the 09/13 zip, will include Nebrassy's TWRP baked in-place of the previously shipped LOS recovery.
    Masterpiece of custom rom, the top, number one !!! 🔥💯♥️
    Updated to the 12/02 version everything perfect !!!!
    The best custom rom ever, up to date .... 🔝🔝🔝🔝❤️❤️❤️❤️