[DISCONTINUED][ROM][Z3TC] AICP Android Ice Cold Project o8.1 oreo for SGP621/SGP611

Search This thread

michael_hamada

I really appreciate your contribution. I'm not using your latest build due to some bugs.
And not wanting to ask for an ETA (I'm fully aware there's more important things in life), I just would like to know if you will continue to develop your work for this device... Your ROM is the only reason I'm considering changing Z3 tablet's battery to extend its life.
+1 here:)

Reactions: Toninho64

jacktheriefla

Feb 11, 2017
Anyone Else Faces the Problem that the Amazon Kindle App nearly every time Freezers , is unusable?

Gapps 9.0 ARM Nano, a few Apps wont respond and gets killed :(

Last edited:

jacktheriefla

Feb 11, 2017
I also had die Problem with the Same ROM with 8.1 , i already formated the Partition. ( Cleared Cache/Davlik Cache)
Also i installed Gapps new 9.0 X86 Nano Release.
This is not with all Apps , but with a few!

@belrik , du you have SGP621 or SGP611 Device?

Last edited:

belrik

Nov 25, 2010
I also had die Problem with the Same ROM with 8.1 , i already formated the Partition. ( Cleared Cache/Davlik Cache)
Also i installed Gapps new 9.0 X86 Nano Release.
This is not with all Apps , but with a few!

@belrik , du you have SGP621 or SGP611 Device?

I have the 16GB wifi version I think. SGP621?

If you have lots of apps crashes generally it's because you have not done a clean flash and those apps are from another ROM. So far I haven't had problems with a clean flash. So, factory reset is a good route to try. The alternative is that maybe your eMMC storage module is dying or some other hardware is breaking, and there isn't much that software can do for that.

jacktheriefla

Feb 11, 2017
@Wolfis moved the App from SD Card to the internal Storage now it is Working fine.
Strange that a few App have the same Problem with my SD-Card.
It was already formated , time for some Exchange?

Last edited:

Bob747

Jul 8, 2018
Very nice to see you keeping up on you ROM :)

I'm still having issues with MHL on my TV.
I flashed your fixed "boot.img" on AICP 13.1 but I still get a black screen.

Since you got MHL to work on AICP 14, could you update AICP 13.1 to fix it?

PureMAD4

Jan 11, 2008
Is this ROM still alive?. I'm wondering whether to get rid of my tablet but I'll keep it if there is a good ROM still developing

glyrakos

Jun 21, 2014
Athens
Hello,
I was using quite long time this rom and I flash the latest twrp through previous version twrp. But I install it as image and not as boot file. Now the tablet is brick. Is there any method to unbrick it? Thank you

glyrakos

Jun 21, 2014
Athens
Wouldn't it boot to fastboot mode too?

I just see the logo SONY XPERIA (black screen with white letters) no matter if I shut it down or press vol + or vol - together with power button. Also when connected to PC I cannot see any device name for the tablet.

Edit: The only way to hear a sound from PC that something is connected is when I press the yellow button close to micro sd card slot. But for some seconds and then again the logo. Also in the device manager I cannot see any change in the connected devices or unknown device during that time of some seconds.

Last edited:

michael_hamada

I just see the logo SONY XPERIA (black screen with white letters) no matter if I shut it down or press vol + or vol - together with power button. Also when connected to PC I cannot see any device name for the tablet.

Well, there may be a hope.
Have you ever connected to the device from PC in fastboot mode?
And have you installed correct driver for fastboot mode?
Anyway, if you can connect the device from PC in fastboot mode and you have fastboot.exe, you can flash the recovery.img again with fastboot command, I hope.

glyrakos

Jun 21, 2014
Athens
Well, there may be a hope.
Have you ever connected to the device from PC in fastboot mode?
And have you installed correct driver for fastboot mode?
Anyway, if you can connect the device from PC in fastboot mode and you have fastboot.exe, you can flash the recovery.img again with fastboot command, I hope.

Last year I had done all the process (unlocking bootloader, installing twrp, etc). I don't remember to have entered to fastboot mode. Also I cannot check whether the drivers (sony or google) are installed or not because I cannot see the device connected. Is there any process as a thread for fastboot mode to follow?

Last edited:

michael_hamada

Last year I had done all the process (unlocking bootloader, installing twrp, etc). I don't remember to have entered to fastboot mode. Also I cannot check whether the drivers (sony or google) are installed or not because I cannot see the device connected. Is there any process as a thread for fastboot mode to follow?
Well, that's the point...
I don't think you are noob, but have you connected device correctly?
Power off your tablet if it was on; Detach your tablet from PC if it was connected; Run your PC; Reconnect your tablet to PC while pressing VOL+ button (NO NEED to press the power button).
And then still can't you find "Android Phone" in Device Manager?

glyrakos

Jun 21, 2014
Athens
Well, that's the point...
I don't think you are noob, but have you connected device correctly?
Power off your tablet if it was on; Detach your tablet from PC if it was connected; Run your PC; Reconnect your tablet to PC while pressing VOL+ button (NO NEED to press the power button).
And then still can't you find "Android Phone" in Device Manager?

I had done this procedure and I get on other devices S1boot Fastboot. I tried to install 5 different downloads with drivers from android, official xperia, etc, but none of it works. Also I followed this CMD procedure https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=74528751&postcount=22 and again nothing. Do you have an idea how to install the drivers on win10 with all the official updates?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo_black.png

AICP
    Android Ice Cold Project
    for Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact (scorpion/scorpion_windy) Unofficial

AICP is known by everyone as the "Ice Cold Project" that started on a Desire HD years ago (2012) and since then evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community you can find!!!

Until Lollipop, the Rom has always been based on AOKP. Unfortunately, since AOKP stopped development (but made a comeback later), we changed our base to CM when it comes to hardware, drivers and some features.
    With the re-brand of CM to LineageOS (LOS) we are now actually LOS based with some tweaks from AOSP.

If there are any bugs, either we will sort them out or the LOS team will if it concerns their code base. This rom isn't LOS supported, so no need to report errors/bugs to them!!

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.
     */

features.png

Feature list (rough Overview)

credits.png

In the beginning we would like to thank:

LineageOS & CM (R.I.P.) team
    @Maxwen and the rest of the OmniRom team
    DU team
    SlimRoms team
    Resurrection Remix team
    Community

team.png

@LorD ClockaN
    @zipsnet
    @eyosen
    @semdoc
    @Drgravy
    @Hashbang173
    @SpiritCroc
    @wartomato
    @eboye
    plus the rest of the crazy bunch that we call "team"

donations.png

We are paying for servers that build nightlies/weeklies and everything that comes with it, so EVERY DONATION will really be appreciated and be used to cover those expenses.
    Thank you!!

Donate to maintener

Donate to AICP team

downloads.png

Latest Stable Release Version 13.1

• TWRP for scorpion/scorpion_windy
    • aicp_scorpion_o-13.1-UNOFFICIAL-20180708
    • aicp_scorpion_windy_o-13.1-UNOFFICIAL-20180708

changelog.png

See Settings -> AICP Extras -> Changelog in your tablet.

issues.png

• Camera Recording
    • Crypting Storage

FAQ:
    Before using the ROM:
    Q. Why doesn't this ROM support Xposed?
    A. Xposed is a hack that is geared towards AOSP, custom ROM's modify the framework a lot, so Xposed can cause a ton of issues on custom ROM's. Now it might work for you, however it is not to be discussed in this thread, and you should refrain from posting bug reports.

Q. Alright, but I still want to flash Xposed, so which version do I need to install?
    A. Xposed is not yet available for Oreo.

Flashing the ROM:
    Q. What do I need to know before flashing?
    A. Check the install instructions in the first post...

Q. Can the builds be dirty flashed over each other?
    A. Yes, however make a nandroid first as there is a chance of getting a bootloop or encountering bugs. Also bugs may only be reported on a clean flash.

Q. How do I dirty flash builds?
    A. Wipe the System, Cache and ART/Dalvik cache. Flash the ROM, GApps (only needed if you wipe the system), your preferred root solution and reboot. Or you might just use the OTA app to preform that task for you.

Q. How do I flash kernel builds?
    A1. If it's a .img file, boot into TWRP and go to the install page in TWRP, in the bottom right corner select "install image", select the desired kernel, then select "boot", then swipe to flash, then go back to the install screen and install your root method again, if you don't want to loose root and reboot.
    A2. If it's a flashable ZIP, you can flash it together with a ROM update or separately. Go to the install page in TWRP, choose the kernel zip (or add it to the flash queue right after the ROM zip). Then add your root method to the queue if you don't want to loose root. Now swipe to flash, and then reboot.

Using the ROM:
    Q. How do I enable software buttons?
    A. Until the navbar enabler is added, add the line qemu.hw.mainkeys=0 to the build.prop and then reboot, set it to 1 to disable it if you want. You can use an App like Kernel Audiutor for that.

Q. I installed a bad theme and now I'm getting a bootloop, how do I fix it?
    A. In TWRP, flash the substratum rescue zip that's in the substratum folder on the internal storage.

Q. I keep losing root with Magisk, how do I fix it?
    A. Check this out. If that doesn't work for you, ask for help in this thread, read or ask in the Magisk thread on XDA or just re-flash Magisk!

Q. I'm having issues with WhatsApp, how do I fix it?
    A. Read this

Q. Do I need to provide a logcat if I'm reporting a bug?
    A. If you want it to be fixed faster (or at all) then yes, you should definitely provide a logcat. (Note: Please just link the logcat from your GDrive, Dropbox, etc. and do not post the content here. Thanks.

Q. How do I get a logcat, what type should I get and more questions that can conveniently be answered by my pre-determined answer?
    A1. Read this thoroughly. Also, here's a good app for getting logs: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tortel.syslog (Root needed).
    A2. If you are already rooted, you can use the built-in feature to make a logcat and provide that. Just look into the root section in the AICP Extras menu.

instructions.png

The ROM should contain everything you need to enjoy Android Oreo. You don't need to install any Add-on's, simply download the latest ROM, GApps, flash it and go!
    If you want the device to run the ROM "rooted", you can flash a root solution of your choice after the ROM Zipfile.

It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing and please avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup as this can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug.
    If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.
    How to flash:
    (Again: Don't do it if you don't know it!)

0. Upgarade to latest bootloader
    1. Download the ROM and GApps and transfer them to your device internal storage.
    2. Boot to recovery (TWRP recommended).
    3. Wipe System, Cache, Data and ART/Dalvik cache.
    4. Flash ROM Zipfile.
    5. Flash/Install GApps (optional, needed for e.g. Google Playstore to work).
    6. Flash/Install the root solution of your choice (optional).
    7. Reboot your device.
    The ROM has GApps persistence in between dirty flashes, so you only have to flash them once!
    The root solution should be flashed together with every OTA update (= ROM Update) as long as the instructions of your
    root solution do not state something else (="persistence on dirty flashing") !

Currently Supported Root Solutions:

Magisk v16.0

KERNEL:
    The kernel in this ROM follows LOS source with custom additions.

PREREQUISITE FOR OTA:
    To be able to flash using the buildin OTA app, TWRP recovery is needed.
    You can still use the LOS recovery and OTA app, but you will need to download the zip file and flash it manually from within your recovery. The Zipfile gets saved in the "aicp_ota" folder on your internal storage.
    Please be sure that you are on the latest TWRP recovery. Keep im ind that this could also be an unofficial version!

If you want to contribute to the AICP or wannt see what is being worked on/merged, feel free to visit our Gerrit review system. (Link is at the bottom!!!)

sources.png

Kernel source:
    Put the Github link to your kernel HERE (mandatory), not posting the kernel source violates the GPL, and also violates the rules on XDA ...

ROM & Additional links:
    AICP Gerrit Code Review
    AICP on Github

AICP G+ community

Contributors:
    (mention all the devs who have contributed to your device tree, kernel, vendor, etc,
    only mention the main ones though, probably the top four or so, otherwise this list will be a mile long unless if you're a huge kanger xD)

ROM OS Version: 8.1.0 Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4

Version Information:

You want to see a "normal" night at the "DEV office", click here!!

XDA:DevDB Information
    AICP, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact

Contributors
    koron393, 1indwurm (Akane Time!!), nickabg (for SGP611)
    Source Code: https://github.com/AICP

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Require 23.5.A.1.291 bootloader / bootloader unlocked
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2018-01-06
    Last Updated 2020-02-17
    [wip] aicp 14.0

Works In Progress...:eek:

Please give me a glass of beer!
    [WIP] AICP p14.0 20181124

Pie test version 20181124.
    Some AICP original customize feature is back

Built-in Launcher3 permission is changed. Be careful to clean flash or use other launcher app.

Testing on my SGP621/SGP611

Works
    • Display
    • Sound
    • Wi-Fi (2.4GHz)
    • BT
    • MobileData
    • NFC
    • GPS

Not works
    • Camera (Recording is broken)
    • SELinux (Permissive)
    • Default navigation bar is something wrong. Please see my previous post.
    • 5GHz Wi-Fi in some country (now testing...)
    • Encrypt device (can encrypt but TWRP is not ready)
    • I missed "MAC address fix app (macaddrsetup)", so MAC address changes on every reboot.

AICP p 14.0 is just recently started. Just a moment.

AICP Pie test build 20181104

New test build for Z3TC. Ready for windy model.
    Theming added.

Not works, BUGs

• Navigation bar menu/left/right button is not appeared on the corner.
      Try "System UI Tuner -> Navigation bar -> Editor -> And set like attached screenshot picture.
    • Camera (Recording is broken, photo is upside down. Please try "Footej Camera". This app works fine.)
    • MHL (Works, but reboot when unplug the usb cable)
    • Wi-Fi 5GHz (Haxx for some country but not tested)
    • SELinux is permissive

Please add logcat / dmesg logs when you report other bugs.
    Thanks.

raw:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410932744536995126

windy:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410932744536995127
    Test pie build for LTE model

Test version.
    Almost pure AOSP. AICP specific custom feature is not implemented.

Sorry no windy yet. Because my HDD is broken.
    I immediately recovery my build environment but some sources are missed... Please wait!

Not works, BUGs
    • Camera (Recording is broken, photo is upside down. Please try "Footej Camera". This app works fine.)
    • BT audio (I forgot AptX module. SBC is OK. LDAC cannot test.)
    • FM Radio (Don't push favorite button)
    • MHL (Works, but reboot when unplug the usb cable)
    • Wi-Fi 5GHz (Haxx for some country but cannot test)
    • SELinux is permissive

Please add logcat / dmesg logs when you report other bugs.
    Thanks.

Download Link
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410932744536991246