[DISCONTINUED!!][ROOT] [Extreme Syndicate] [Snapdragon][G950U/U1][V8 Bootloaders]

Search This thread

TheMadScientist

Recognized Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
VT
Woah! I just looked at my phone and the charge level is 82%. I didn't modify anything to my knowledge for this to happen. Just put it on the charger. Let's see if it goes any higher.
It's not exact. Without any mods I've seen as high as 87 88 percent. It's was a real poor implementation on Sammy part.

olllllo

Mar 5, 2012
EDIT!!! This was solved by using a different cable. Apparently it didn't matter for the first part of the process, but it did for ADB. RESOLVED!!!

I really appreciate this tutorial. I am unfortunately stuck at this point. advice?
4. Once phone is connected and recognized by computer locate the APPS_INSTALLER .bat in the S8_ROOT folder and run the bat. This will install some apps

I see this:
I n s t a l l i n g . . .
ECHO is off.
error: no devices/emulators found
Performing Push Install
adb: error: failed to get feature set: no devices/emulators found
Performing Push Install
Performing Push Install
Performing Push Install
-
-
Press any key to continue . . .

When I run adb devices I see no devices in the list at all. Here is what the phone looks like now. Does anyone have any advice at all?

Attachments

• IMG_4103.jpg
    IMG_4103.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 49
Last edited:

jacksparrowV2

Feb 7, 2021
Hola soy nuevo en el mundo del rooter y hackear y es que mi s8 no tiene el desbloqueo OEM por lo cual no ni hacer root ni tampoco flashear. mi duda es que al entrar en el modo descargar en la parte de kg status me aparece checking ?? que significado ??? que tengo que esperar los 7 dias para habilitar el OEM y enotnces poder rootear es que perdi varios fotos y musicas y queria recuperalos pero el programa me pide tener el samsung s8 rooteado y no puedo

por favor alguien que me ayude o aconseje
gracias

Translation:
Hi, I'm new to the world of rooting and hacking, and my s8 does not have the OEM unlocking, so I cannot root or flash. My question is that when I enter the download mode in the kg status part, I see checking? what meaning ??? I have to wait 7 days to enable the OEM and then to be able to root is that I lost several photos and music and I wanted to recover them but the program asks me to have the Samsung S8 rooted and I can not

Please someone help or advise me
thanks

TheMadScientist

Recognized Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
VT
Hola soy nuevo en el mundo del rooter y hackear y es que mi s8 no tiene el desbloqueo OEM por lo cual no ni hacer root ni tampoco flashear. mi duda es que al entrar en el modo descargar en la parte de kg status me aparece checking ?? que significado ??? que tengo que esperar los 7 dias para habilitar el OEM y enotnces poder rootear es que perdi varios fotos y musicas y queria recuperalos pero el programa me pide tener el samsung s8 rooteado y no puedo

por favor alguien que me ayude o aconseje
gracias

Translation:
Hi, I'm new to the world of rooting and hacking, and my s8 does not have the OEM unlocking, so I cannot root or flash. My question is that when I enter the download mode in the kg status part, I see checking? what meaning ??? I have to wait 7 days to enable the OEM and then to be able to root is that I lost several photos and music and I wanted to recover them but the program asks me to have the Samsung S8 rooted and I can not

Please someone help or advise me
thanks
No these devices have permanently ked bootloader. You found this thread which is how to root. If you root your phone will be wiped. The pictures are already gone. You need to have been rooted beforehamd

billa

Mar 30, 2006
now im bricked AF right now i was on G955USQS8DTJ1-20201111083935 and NOT G950USQU8ATG1. FUDGE!!!!! i have held down every button combination possible ... the screen flickers and is just not reactive or show any sign of life. I guess i need to go the EDL jump or something now?

Anyone still follow this thread??

As a last resort, you could try to open the phone disconnect the battery cable, reconnect it and try again with the Vol- + Bixby + Power.
It has worked for me a couple of times.

billa

Mar 30, 2006
You mean take off the back of the phone? I could but will the back stick back on? I have no glue or anything

You have to heat it with a heat gun set to 200F (alternatively with a hair dryer), then use a thin metal prying tool to nudge it off carefully, it's very fragile and can crack easily (in case it does, you get can get a replacement back online for a few bucks). Also be extremely careful not to rip he fingerprint cable. If it still doesn't enter download mode after disconnecting and reconnecting the battery and holding the buttons, you may have to charge it with an eternal batter charger, or temporarily attach a full charged battery. This issue can be caused by an empty battery, and since the phone's is fudged, it's unable to charge it till you reflash it.

P403N1X

Sep 11, 2016
I swiped right when asked to install TWRP. Am I screwed? If so than that's completely my fault for not following the instructions 100%. I was planning on getting a new phone anyway so it's not a huge issue.

Edit: I'm stupid. All I had to do was hold down the Power+Volume+Bixby button down for a little while. Now I'm to the point where after flashing BL_G950_NOUGAT_V8.tar.md5, my phone won't go to the homescreen. It just shows a screen the at says, "Safestrap Disabled."

Edit 2: All I didn't flash the system image file. After that everything worked fine.

Last edited:

zfk110

Jan 11, 2014
Atlanta
I wish that was the case but for some reason flashing combination firmware is bricking few phones that can only be brought back with edl unfortunately there aren’t any v8 edl files available anywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I finish everything it, but I'm stuck in TWRP bootloop, I tried your newer Safestrap-4.12-T01-DREAMQLTE_NOUGAT.zip still no go. I'm trying Nougat rom on my S8 with V8

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's bad day to our device..but we have to deal with and move on ..thanks for your hard work bro we appreciate your all effort
    I just cannot in good faith leave stuff up that is bricking peoples devices. So this is for the best interest of the community I believe.
    Well its been a fun ride for the 8 series but from here on out I do not support or encourage rootIng this device. A good number of devices have become hard bricked from simply flashing the combo firmware. I don't know why this happens to only some phones possible a past OTA corrupted a partition on the phones or something. Whatever the reason I have decided to pull the method and will no longer support it. Please don't ask for files or help I will provide neither. I will leave rooted and non rooted safestrap roms up for those that still have a rooted 8 series.
    Well its been a fun ride for the 8 series but from here on out I do not support or encourage rootIng this device. A good number of devices have become hard bricked from simply flashing the combo firmware. I don't know why this happens to only some phones possible a past OTA corrupted a partition on the phones or something. Whatever the reason I have decided to pull the method and will no longer support it. Please don't ask for files or help I will provide neither. I will leave rooted and non rooted safestrap roms up for those that still have a rooted 8 series.
    Rooted Nougat Rom

This is last nougat rom made for S8 it is prerooted with flashfire and safestrap preinstalled. It has CSC stuff for all carriers added. Its debloated slightly with knox removed. Some stuff may not work but im not sure as I cannot test but this stuff may include fingerprint and or face recognition. If stuff doesnt work it probably related to using pie modems and non-hlos on a nougat rom which you have no choice.

Downloads
    system_s8_brb1.7z
    BL_G950U_NOUGAT_V8.tar.7z
    Includes Fingerprint and Face Unlock fix for above nougat rom. Just flash in BL slot in odin after everything else
    Magisk_System-v21_4.zip This is system magisk not the normal systemless magisk so magisk hide and modules will not work!
    SuperSU_System.zip
    Safestrap-4.12-T01-DREAMQLTE_PIE.zip Will boot straight to safestrap only for pie roms
    Safestrap-4.12-T01-DREAMQLTE_NOUGAT.zip Will Give you the safestrap splash screen on boot

SM_955_Mods_Safestrap_NOUGAT.zip Will fix volte icon
    Directions
    Safestrap Method
    If you didnt upgrade to V8 bootloaders using odin. I recommend flashing full stock firmware with V8 bootloaders even if you are already on V8 bootloader via OTA update. I feel that maybe something in the OTA from V7 bootloaders to V8 may have corrupted a bootloader file and some people have experienced bricks with trying to update to V8 bootloaders from V7 using the below method so I recommend flashing full stock V8 firmware in Odin before trying this method and just understand there has been a risk of bricking device. Full stock can be found on Sammobile or updato or any other service you can find it. You will have to reroot of course. If you Updated to V8 bootloaders using odin method already then no need to do so again

1. Extract system.img from the system_s8_brb1.7z and copy to phone also copy either SuperSu_System.zip or Magisk_System-v20.4.zip reboot to safestarp and flash system image
    2. Flash either SuperSu_System.zip or Magisk_System-v20.4.zip
    3. Reboot to download and flash BL_G950_NOUGAT_V7.tar.md5 in odin
    4. If you get constant rebooting to safestrap flash Nougat safestrap zip while in safestrap

New V8 Pie Rom With Safestrap For The S8 SM-G950U/U1 Can Be Found In The New Threads Below

New DTI3 Pie Rom With SafestrapFor S8 With V7 Bootloaders
    Hi, thank you for your hard work. It works on Canadian S8. I installed after pie version. Do you have any idea how often the pie version Will be updated?

I update if something changes but lets face it there isn’t much to update anymore. Maybe a new google style rom soon

Sent from some device I modified
    Thank you guys for keeping this nice device alive.
    I'm just glad we was able to stick it to em once again ???
    rooted nougat rom added to post 2
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone