• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[DISCONTINUED!!][ROOT] [Extreme Syndicate] [Snapdragon][G950U/U1][V8 Bootloaders]

Search This thread

Rayray967

Mar 22, 2021
disregard my last message. My real question is why is the system/app folder completely full after all this? The only reason i'm rooting is to convert apps to system apps but I'm unable to because all of the space is used on this rom. Is there any roms available that don't use all of the system storage?

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Well its been a fun ride for the 8 series but from here on out I do not support or encourage rootIng this device. A good number of devices have become hard bricked from simply flashing the combo firmware. I don't know why this happens to only some phones possible a past OTA corrupted a partition on the phones or something. Whatever the reason I have decided to pull the method and will no longer support it. Please don't ask for files or help I will provide neither. I will leave rooted and non rooted safestrap roms up for those that still have a rooted 8 series.

gmkhamisani60

May 6, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S8
Vivo V20 SE
20210508_165130.jpg

passionicon

Jun 5, 2013
los angeles
I have a spare s8 which I don't mind bricking. It's not my main device. But I'm interested in rooting for fun. Does your method still work for my type of device?

I'm on pie, g950usqu5drl7, January 1 2019 security patch.

Just need a working robot method if any exists. Don't mind the risk at all.

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well its been a fun ride for the 8 series but from here on out I do not support or encourage rootIng this device. A good number of devices have become hard bricked from simply flashing the combo firmware. I don't know why this happens to only some phones possible a past OTA corrupted a partition on the phones or something. Whatever the reason I have decided to pull the method and will no longer support it. Please don't ask for files or help I will provide neither. I will leave rooted and non rooted safestrap roms up for those that still have a rooted 8 series.
    Rooted Nougat Rom

This is last nougat rom made for S8 it is prerooted with flashfire and safestrap preinstalled. It has CSC stuff for all carriers added. Its debloated slightly with knox removed. Some stuff may not work but im not sure as I cannot test but this stuff may include fingerprint and or face recognition. If stuff doesnt work it probably related to using pie modems and non-hlos on a nougat rom which you have no choice.

Downloads
    system_s8_brb1.7z
    BL_G950U_NOUGAT_V8.tar.7z
    Includes Fingerprint and Face Unlock fix for above nougat rom. Just flash in BL slot in odin after everything else
    Magisk_System-v21_4.zip This is system magisk not the normal systemless magisk so magisk hide and modules will not work!
    SuperSU_System.zip
    Safestrap-4.12-T01-DREAMQLTE_PIE.zip Will boot straight to safestrap only for pie roms
    Safestrap-4.12-T01-DREAMQLTE_NOUGAT.zip Will Give you the safestrap splash screen on boot

SM_955_Mods_Safestrap_NOUGAT.zip Will fix volte icon
    Directions
    Safestrap Method
    If you didnt upgrade to V8 bootloaders using odin. I recommend flashing full stock firmware with V8 bootloaders even if you are already on V8 bootloader via OTA update. I feel that maybe something in the OTA from V7 bootloaders to V8 may have corrupted a bootloader file and some people have experienced bricks with trying to update to V8 bootloaders from V7 using the below method so I recommend flashing full stock V8 firmware in Odin before trying this method and just understand there has been a risk of bricking device. Full stock can be found on Sammobile or updato or any other service you can find it. You will have to reroot of course. If you Updated to V8 bootloaders using odin method already then no need to do so again

1. Extract system.img from the system_s8_brb1.7z and copy to phone also copy either SuperSu_System.zip or Magisk_System-v20.4.zip reboot to safestarp and flash system image
    2. Flash either SuperSu_System.zip or Magisk_System-v20.4.zip
    3. Reboot to download and flash BL_G950_NOUGAT_V7.tar.md5 in odin
    4. If you get constant rebooting to safestrap flash Nougat safestrap zip while in safestrap

New V8 Pie Rom With Safestrap For The S8 SM-G950U/U1 Can Be Found In The New Threads Below

New DTI3 Pie Rom With SafestrapFor S8 With V7 Bootloaders
    Hi, thank you for your hard work. It works on Canadian S8. I installed after pie version. Do you have any idea how often the pie version Will be updated?

I update if something changes but lets face it there isn’t much to update anymore. Maybe a new google style rom soon

Sent from some device I modified
    Thank you guys for keeping this nice device alive.
    I'm just glad we was able to stick it to em once again ???
    rooted nougat rom added to post 2