[DISCONTINUED][ROOT] [Extreme Syndicate] [Snapdragon][G955U/U1][V8 Bootloaders]

Search This thread

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Well its been a fun ride for the 8 series but from here on out I do not support or encourage rootIng this device. A good number of devices have become hard bricked from simply flashing the combo firmware. I don't know why this happens to only some phones possible a past OTA corrupted a partition on the phones or something. Whatever the reason I have decided to pull the method and will no longer support it. Please don't ask for files or help I will provide neither. I will leave rooted and non rooted safestrap roms up for those that still have a rooted 8 series.

Last edited:

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Rooted Nougat Rom

This is last nougat rom made for S8 it is prerooted with flashfire and safestrap preinstalled. It has CSC stuff for all carriers added. Its debloated slightly with knox removed. Some stuff may not work but im not sure as I cannot test but this stuff may include fingerprint and or face recognition. If stuff doesnt work it probably related to using pie modems and non-hlos on a nougat rom which you have no choice.

Downloads
system_s8plus_brb1.7z
BL_G955U_NOUGAT_V8.tar.7z
Includes Fingerprint and Face Unlock fix for above nougat rom. Just flash in BL slot in odin after everything else
Magisk_System-v21_4.zip This is system magisk not the normal systemless magisk so magisk hide and modules will not work!
SuperSU_System.zip
Safestrap-4.12-T01-DREAMQLTE_PIE.zip Will boot straight to safestrap only for pie roms
Safestrap-4.12-T01-DREAMQLTE_NOUGAT.zip Will Give you the safestrap splash screen on boot

SM_955_Mods_Safestrap_NOUGAT.zip Will fix volte icon

Directions
Safestrap Method
If you didnt upgrade to V8 bootloaders using odin. I recommend flashing full stock firmware with V8 bootloaders even if you are already on V8 bootloader via OTA update. I feel that maybe something in the OTA from V7 bootloaders to V8 may have corrupted a bootloader file and some people have experienced bricks with trying to update to V8 bootloaders from V7 using the below method so I recommend flashing full stock V8 firmware in Odin before trying this method and just understand there has been a risk of bricking device. Full stock can be found on Sammobile or updato or any other service you can find it. You will have to reroot of course. If you Updated to V8 bootloaders using odin method already then no need to do so again

1. Extract system.img from the system_s8plus_brb1.7z and copy to phone also copy either SuperSu_System.zip or Magisk_System-v20.4.zip reboot to safestarp and flash system image
2. Flash either SuperSu_System.zip or Magisk_System-v20.4.zip
3. Reboot to download and flash BL_G955_NOUGAT_V7.tar.md5 in odin
4. If you get constant rebooting to safestrap flash Nougat safestrap zip while in safestrap

Non Rooted Pie Rom With Safestrap Can Be Found Here

Last edited:

kkins95

Nov 16, 2013
so if i remain at nougat i should be able to flash custom roms? Also, i'm currently facing "no service" problem on my g995u. Any ideas if going back to nougat would rectify the issue?

kkins95

Nov 16, 2013
Rooted Nougat Rom

This is last nougat rom made for S8 it is prerooted with flashfire and safestrap preinstalled. It has CSC stuff for all carriers added. Its debloated slightly with knox removed. Some stuff may not work but im not sure as I cannot test but this stuff may include fingerprint and or face recognition. If stuff doesnt work it probably related to using pie modems and non-hlos on a nougat rom which you have no choice.

Downloads
system_s8plus_brb1.7z
BL_G955_NOUGAT_V7.tar.7z
Includes Fingerprint and Face Unlock fix for above nougat rom. Just flash in BL slot in odin after everything else
Magisk_System-v20.4.zip This is system magisk not the normal systemless magisk so magisk hide and modules will not work!
SuperSU_System.zip
Safestrap-4.12-T01-DREAMQLTE_PIE.zip Will boot straight to safestrap only for pie roms
Safestrap-4.12-T01-DREAMQLTE_NOUGAT.zip Will Give you the safestrap splash screen on boot

Directions
Safestrap Method
1. Extract system.img from the system_s8plus_brb1.7z and copy to phone also copy either SuperSu_System.zip or Magisk_System-v20.4.zip reboot to safestarp and flash system image
4. If you get constant rebooting to safestrap flash Nougat safestrap zip while in safestrap

unfortunately i got myself a bricked device. no bootloader, no recovery, no charge, nothing...

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
unfortunately i got myself a bricked device. no bootloader, no recovery, no charge, nothing...

Does computer recognize the phone as a 9008 qualcomm device in device manager of your computer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kkins95

Nov 16, 2013
Does computer recognize the phone as a 9008 qualcomm device in device manager of your computer

nope. no sign of life comming from the phone. just a flicker of white line when i hold volume down and power button. thanks for the response.

kkins95

Nov 16, 2013

So what exactly happened?

i was on a g995u1 firwmare(bootloader v7) although i was having issues with "no signal". i thought maybe if i follow your guide to return the rom back to nougat my network would return to normal.
i only flashed this file "BL_ENG_BOOTLOADERS_SAFESTRAP_G955U_V7.tar.md5".

ps. i did tick the "nand erase" in odin.
the flash completed but my phone went black and did not reboot again.. i disconnected hoping to get it back to download mode again but nothing was working. i have tried using volume down and power keys but this only causes the a little part of the screen to flicker for less than a second.
my battery was 99%. I dont have qualcomm drivers installed. i am installing one as we speak, i have seen some threads with similar issues like mine but no solutions.. thanks for your response..:crying::crying::crying:

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
i was on a g995u1 firwmare(bootloader v7) although i was having issues with "no signal". i thought maybe if i follow your guide to return the rom back to nougat my network would return to normal.
i only flashed this file "BL_ENG_BOOTLOADERS_SAFESTRAP_G955U_V7.tar.md5".

ps. i did tick the "nand erase" in odin.
the flash completed but my phone went black and did not reboot again.. i disconnected hoping to get it back to download mode again but nothing was working. i have tried using volume down and power keys but this only causes the a little part of the screen to flicker for less than a second.
my battery was 99%. I dont have qualcomm drivers installed. i am installing one as we speak, i have seen some threads with similar issues like mine but no solutions.. thanks for your response..:crying::crying::crying:

It happens once in awhile for no reason. Nand erase may have had something too do with it. I never use nand erase except if going back too totally stock from a modified system. I responded too your pm. You’re phone can probably be fixed with edl files but you are going too have too take your phone apart and jump some test points to make phone enter edl mode

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kkins95

Nov 16, 2013
It happens once in awhile for no reason. Nand erase may have had something too do with it. I never use nand erase except if going back too totally stock from a modified system. I responded too your pm. You’re phone can probably be fixed with edl files but you are going too have too take your phone apart and jump some test points to make phone enter edl mode

ive been searching for the edl points for the s955u but to no avail. ive taken apart my phone but cant find any reference online for the edl test points. i dont want to start testing randomly because something i have no idea about might happen..

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
ive been searching for the edl points for the s955u but to no avail. ive taken apart my phone but cant find any reference online for the edl test points. i dont want to start testing randomly because something i have no idea about might happen..

I use to have pics and stuff but I lost them on a hard drive that failed. I can tell you they are on the bottom side of the board and you have to pry back a metal heat shield to get too them

kkins95

Nov 16, 2013
I use to have pics and stuff but I lost them on a hard drive that failed. I can tell you they are on the bottom side of the board and you have to pry back a metal heat shield to get too them

kindly help identify them if visible or point out what i am to do next. thanks alot....

Attachments

• 20200912_120137.jpg
    20200912_120137.jpg
    268.1 KB · Views: 78
  • 20200912_120145.jpg
    20200912_120145.jpg
    276.8 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

kkins95

Nov 16, 2013
You have to take board out and flip it over. The points are on the bottom side

OK, Thanks for the response. i see two large heat sinks with the larger one at the top and the smaller at the bottom. i assume the points would be hidden underneath the bottom sink. now i have to figure out a way to pry those metals off... so much work..lol..:D:D

NateNMad

May 4, 2013
Will this work on all V7 Bootloaders?

I am currently on DTF4 and noticed your on the Verizon page you posted for the DTB3 Bootloader. Thanks for your time and efforts.

lonewolf1738

Sep 17, 2020
This method is brought to you entirely by @elliwigy He is the reason for this exploit and method.
With that being said, Extreme Syndicate Root is now available!

Rooted Nougat Rom

Thanks this worked for me! Is there a guide on how to reverse everything if I wanted to make the phone normal again? Like it would be factory out of the box?

Last edited:

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
[ROOT] [Extreme Syndicate] [Snapdragon][G955U/U1][V7 Bootloaders]

If anyone is thinking on updating phones now is the time. The method of unlocking bootloaders on US variants works one s10/s20 and n10/n20 phones. Read the whole article too get info and yes it works I have a bootloader unlocked sm-g975u s10+ with twrp and magisk installed.

https://www.xda-developers.com/samsung-galaxy-note-20-ultra-root-us-unlocked-snapdragon-865/

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Rooted Nougat Rom

Downloads
    system_s8plus_brb1.7z
    BL_G955U_NOUGAT_V8.tar.7z
    Magisk_System-v21_4.zip This is system magisk not the normal systemless magisk so magisk hide and modules will not work!
    SuperSU_System.zip

SM_955_Mods_Safestrap_NOUGAT.zip Will fix volte icon

Directions
    Safestrap Method
    If you didnt upgrade to V8 bootloaders using odin. I recommend flashing full stock firmware with V8 bootloaders even if you are already on V8 bootloader via OTA update. I feel that maybe something in the OTA from V7 bootloaders to V8 may have corrupted a bootloader file and some people have experienced bricks with trying to update to V8 bootloaders from V7 using the below method so I recommend flashing full stock V8 firmware in Odin before trying this method and just understand there has been a risk of bricking device. Full stock can be found on Sammobile or updato or any other service you can find it. You will have to reroot of course. If you Updated to V8 bootloaders using odin method already then no need to do so again

Well its been a fun ride for the 8 series but from here on out I do not support or encourage rootIng this device. A good number of devices have become hard bricked from simply flashing the combo firmware. I don't know why this happens to only some phones possible a past OTA corrupted a partition on the phones or something. Whatever the reason I have decided to pull the method and will no longer support it. Please don't ask for files or help I will provide neither. I will leave rooted and non rooted safestrap roms up for those that still have a rooted 8 series.
    I updated the OP with new method that will hopefully cut down on certain phones bricking. I have no control over why certain phones brick when flashing combination firmware. Its most likely one of the partions over time has gotten corrupted.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone