• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[DISCONTINUED!!!][ROOT] [Extreme Syndicate] [Snapdragon][N950U/U1][V8 Bootloaders]

Search This thread

dverrette

Nov 27, 2010
Las Vegas
The mods zip will fix it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Flashed the mod in Safestrap and 1 of 2 of the icons are still there. The icon from my first post is the culprit.

EDIT: Found out this is the RCS icon. Searched around some other forums and some have the ability to turn this off in "More Connections" settings, the Note 8 doesn't have that feature. Anyone know how to remove/disable the RCS icon?

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Last edited:

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Flashed the mod in Safestrap and 1 of 2 of the icons are still there. The icon from my first post is the culprit.

EDIT: Found out this is the RCS icon. Searched around some other forums and some have the ability to turn this off in "More Connections" settings, the Note 8 doesn't have that feature. Anyone know how to remove/disable the RCS icon?

Are you sure it flashed of. Do you have call recording now and places tabs in dialer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: zfk110

dverrette

Nov 27, 2010
Las Vegas
Are you sure it flashed of. Do you have call recording now and places tabs in dialer

Yes, I do have places and I'm able to record phone calls. The VoLTE is gone, but the RCS icon remains. The RCS icon does disappear while on a phone call. I attached pics.

Attachments

• 20201116_150148.jpg
    20201116_150148.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 170
  • Screenshot_20201116-145943.jpg
    Screenshot_20201116-145943.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 166

dverrette

Nov 27, 2010
Las Vegas
Samsung good lock gives you status bar modification and I think will let you disable it

Thanks for the recommendation. For some reason Samsung Good Lock is not compatible. It wasn't availble in the Galaxy Store, found the apk on another site, but the install didn't work. This app did work before root. I'm still looking around for another app or solution, hopefully I'll find something.

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Thanks for the recommendation. For some reason Samsung Good Lock is not compatible. It wasn't availble in the Galaxy Store, found the apk on another site, but the install didn't work. This app did work before root. I'm still looking around for another app or solution, hopefully I'll find something.

Maybe an app called system ui tuner

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

diabl0w

Mar 5, 2015
thanks for this... just to document if anyone else has this problem.. on VZW, i was not able to send text messages, and oddly was not able to call voicemail via *86 (although I could get my voicemail by calling my own number). Also, a lot of times, my network bars would disappear and replace with a circle with a cross through it (like a do not enter sign). I was able to fix these issues by reflashing the original CP image for latest verizon Android pie in odin, which contains modem.bin. I noticed when flashing the BL file in the last step of the nougat installation instructions, the BL file contains a modem.bin that I guess is not compatible or something.

BRE4DED

Apr 8, 2020
Google Pixel 4a
I've done this recently and it's a beautiful stable piece of work! Great job! I am able to install TWRP but not about to flash nothing Magisk as you mentioned in your post. I've noticed after waiting 24 hours anytime you needed to reboot turn on MagiskHide has worked which has allowed me to download Netflix and such.....but Safety Attestation definitely fails after I have tried numerous technique to the Rom itself. Is there a way to spoof safety Attestation on a locked bootloader? I mean this Rom alone is a brilliant! Keep it up!

farhanking7861

Apr 9, 2018
i have bricked my device.... after root i install a custom 9.0 pir rom and in that i noticed root is missing so i reflash the attached combination firmware now my phone gone black and got only upload mode with unknown error i tried everything but it dosnt go to download mode or recovery jus gone black when i press all keys for 10 second upload mode appears and it shows in odin too

plzzzz help

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
i have bricked my device.... after root i install a custom 9.0 pir rom and in that i noticed root is missing so i reflash the attached combination firmware now my phone gone black and got only upload mode with unknown error i tried everything but it dosnt go to download mode or recovery jus gone black when i press all keys for 10 second upload mode appears and it shows in odin too

plzzzz help
what custom pie rom did you flash

NyxusProto

Dec 6, 2020
im trying to follow instructions.. ive spent a lot of time trying to work it out before i posted, but i factory reset/wipe as well as wipe cache, reload to bootloader and put the combo file into AP spot, hit start it does everything fine and then phone boots to screen with samsung logo on it with a bunch of text in top left corner and big blue letters saying serial and a number.. i really dont know what I am doing wrong.. any help is appreciated, i have also in odin flashed N950USQU8DTI1 from sammobile after it did the blue serial thing on the screen, so i could try it all over again.. and when its in that screen i can only get back into a download mode and adb doesnt see anything connected.

GanDopEST

Jul 3, 2018
i chose to superSu n950us v8 with the clear well thought out instructions. thank you JRKruse. am i able to flash wanam xposed and Lucky Patcher by chelpus. thanx in advance

trentcunningham1

Mar 27, 2019
Can anyone help me out? Whenever i try to flash any firmware I am getting this

<ID:0/005> Odin engine v(ID:3.1401)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> Total Binary size: 1986 M
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

I have provided a picture as well. The phone im trying to flash is the Galaxy S8 (sm-g950u) Carrier is TMB.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot (5).png
    Screenshot (5).png
    199.1 KB · Views: 23

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well its been a fun ride for the 8 series but from here on out I do not support or encourage rootIng this device. A good number of devices have become hard bricked from simply flashing the combo firmware. I don't know why this happens to only some phones possible a past OTA corrupted a partition on the phones or something. Whatever the reason I have decided to pull the method and will no longer support it. Please don't ask for files or help I will provide neither. I will leave rooted and non rooted safestrap roms up for those that still have a rooted 8 series.
    [ROOT] [Extreme Syndicate] [Snapdragon][N950U/U1][V7 Bootloaders]

Rooted Nougat Rom

This is last nougat rom made for note 8 it is prerooted with flashfire and safestrap preinstalled. It has CSC stuff for all carriers added. Its debloated slightly with knox removed. Some stuff may not work but im not sure as I cannot test but this stuff may include fingerprint and or face recognition. If stuff doesnt work it probably related to using pie modems and non-hlos on a nougat rom which you have no choice.

Downloads
    system_n8_brb4.7z
    BL_N950U_NOUGAT_V8.tar.7z
    Includes Fingerprint and Face Unlock fix for above nougat rom. Just flash in BL slot in odin after everything else
    Magisk_System-v21_4.zip This is system magisk not the normal systemless magisk so magisk hide and modules will not work!
    SuperSU_System.zip
    Safestrap-4.10-B03-GREATQLTE-PIE.zip Will boot straight to safestrap only for pie roms
    Safestrap-4.10-B03-GREATQLTE-NOUGAT.zip Will Give you the safestrap splash screen on boot
    SM_955_Mods_Safestrap_NOUGAT.zip Will fix volte icon

Directions
    If you didnt upgrade to V8 bootloaders using odin. I recommend flashing full stock firmware with V8 bootloaders even if you are already on V8 bootloader via OTA update. I feel that maybe something in the OTA from V7 bootloaders to V8 may have corrupted a bootloader file and some people have experienced bricks with trying to update to V8 bootloaders from V7 using the below method so I recommend flashing full stock V8 firmware in Odin before trying this method and just understand there has been a risk of bricking device. Full stock can be found on Sammobile or updato or any other service you can find it. You will have to reroot of course. If you Updated to V8 bootloaders using odin method already then no need to do so again

Safestrap Method
    1. Extract system.img from the system_n8_brb4.7z and copy to phone also copy either SuperSu_System.zip or Magisk_System-v20.4.zip reboot to safestarp and flash system image
    2. Flash either SuperSu_System.zip or Magisk_System-v20.4.zip
    3. Reboot to download and flash BL_N950_NOUGAT_V8.tar.md5 in odin
    4. If you get constant rebooting to safestrap flash Nougat safestrap zip while in safestrap

New V8 Pie Rom With Safestrap For The N8 SM-N950U/U1 Can Be Found In The New Threads Below

DTI1 Pie Rom With Safestrap
    You guys could try flashing the s8+ system image on the note 8 and see if that works. I know the note 8 system image will boot on the s8+ so it should work vice versa. Xposed works on the s8+

Sent from some device I modified
    Installed on At&t Note 8. Worked like a charm. Only posting pic to show everything went without issue. Installed pre rooted Nougat rom. Thank you very much sir. Hope you dont mind that I posted pic.[ ATTACH]4963365[/ATTACH]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    It has the battery bug that only charges at 80% after installing the root

If you look in the s8 threads I have a hack to pass the 80% charge limit It is not a bug It is a safety feature so you dont blow your fingers off