• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[DISCONTINUED][Root][SM-G950U/U1][SM-G950W][Snapdragon][V6_Bootloader][EDL_Method]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
[Root][SM-G950U/U1][SM-G950W][Snapdragon][V5_Bootloader][EDL_Method][Safestrap]

Rooted Nougat Rom​
This is last nougat rom made for S8 it is prerooted with flashfire and safestrap preinstalled. It has CSC stuff for all carriers added. Its debloated slightly with knox removed. Some stuff may not work but im not sure as I cannot test but this stuff may include fingerprint and or face recognition. If stuff doesnt work it probably related to using pie modems and non-hlos on a nougat rom which you have no choice.​

Downloads
Rooted_G95*USQS3BRB1.rar
BL_G950_NOUGAT_V7.tar.7z
Includes Fingerprint and Face Unlock fix for above nougat rom. Just flash in BL slot in odin after everything else
Safestrap-4.10-B03-DREAMQLTE-PIE.zip Will boot straight to safestrap only for pie roms
Safestrap-4.10-B03-DREAMQLTE-NOUGAT.zip Will Give you the safestrap splash screen on boot

Directions
Safestrap Method
1. Extract system.img from the Rooted_G95*USQS3BRB1.rar and copy to phone reboot to safestarp and flash system image reboot to download and flash BL_G950_NOUGAT_V7.tar.md5 in odin

Last edited:

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
@jrkruse
I followed you with s5. My hero
However, I am a little slow, could you or anyone explain what does this do exactly?

Its just what the description says. Once the bootloaders were updated on S8 it lost the ability to flash modified system images in odin. There for loosing ability to gain root or use safestrap recovery. This method will get that ability back

Sent using some kind of device I modified

bradical711

Aug 26, 2017
Google Pixel 4 XL
Hey I just want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly, this gives us root on V5 BL right? Only for nougat image I'm assuming but this also gives us safestrap to hop between Oreo and pie too? If that's what I just read, this is exciting news and major congrats to @jrkruse and a major thank you to him and everyone that helped!!! Your dedication to development with our S8 generation devices is GREATLY appreciated by the community!

Sent from my SM-G950U using XDA Labs

Last edited:

MalharB

Apr 21, 2018
I am in step 4. Screen still black for 5 minutes
When should I put command reboot to bootloader

---------- Post added at 06:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 AM ----------

Nothing happening. Black screen

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
I am in step 4. Screen still black for 5 minutes
When should I put command reboot to bootloader

---------- Post added at 06:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 AM ----------

Nothing happening. Black screen

whats the computer screen say the command prompt did it say complete your phone screen will stay black and you didnt read directions I tell you when its done to force reboot too bootloader you cant type reboot bootloader

Reactions: sleepysys

MalharB

Apr 21, 2018
you need to put the com number from the com port on your computer like the picture but use your com port that your computer says[/QUOT
nothing happens after putting port number
Comes back to same screen

---------- Post added at 07:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 AM ----------

you need to put the com number from the com port on your computer like the picture but use your com port that your computer says[/QUOT
After sixth try putting com number its working

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009

---------- Post added at 07:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 AM ----------

After sixth try putting com number its working

I re added the picture add re added the updated instructions about com port sorry for some reason they didnt stick but OP should show pic now and the part about com port xda is slow as hell tonight on updating a post thread

Reactions: sleepysys

XYLZ786

Sep 9, 2018
Hey I just want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly, this gives us root on V5 BL right? Only for nougat image I'm assuming but this also gives us safestrap to hop between Oreo and pie too? If that's what I just read, this is exciting news and major congrats to @jrkruse and a major thank you to him and everyone that helped!!! Your dedication to development with our S8 generation devices is GREATLY appreciated by the community!

Sent from my SM-G950U using XDA Labs
YES,you're right

Reactions: bradical711
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Root][SM-G950U/U1][SM-G950W][Snapdragon][V5_Bootloader][EDL_Method][Safestrap]

Rooted Nougat Rom​
    This is last nougat rom made for S8 it is prerooted with flashfire and safestrap preinstalled. It has CSC stuff for all carriers added. Its debloated slightly with knox removed. Some stuff may not work but im not sure as I cannot test but this stuff may include fingerprint and or face recognition. If stuff doesnt work it probably related to using pie modems and non-hlos on a nougat rom which you have no choice.​

Downloads
    Rooted_G95*USQS3BRB1.rar
    BL_G950_NOUGAT_V7.tar.7z
    Includes Fingerprint and Face Unlock fix for above nougat rom. Just flash in BL slot in odin after everything else
    Safestrap-4.10-B03-DREAMQLTE-PIE.zip Will boot straight to safestrap only for pie roms
    Safestrap-4.10-B03-DREAMQLTE-NOUGAT.zip Will Give you the safestrap splash screen on boot

Directions
    Safestrap Method
    1. Extract system.img from the Rooted_G95*USQS3BRB1.rar and copy to phone reboot to safestarp and flash system image reboot to download and flash BL_G950_NOUGAT_V7.tar.md5 in odin
    @jrkruse
    I followed you with s5. My hero
    However, I am a little slow, could you or anyone explain what does this do exactly?

Its just what the description says. Once the bootloaders were updated on S8 it lost the ability to flash modified system images in odin. There for loosing ability to gain root or use safestrap recovery. This method will get that ability back

Nice! You always seem to come up with some way to make things work.
    Congrats on the great work!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

If I don’t find a way I ask you and then you usually do. I have alot of great people help me out along the way

[Root][SM-G950U/U1][Snapdragon][V5_Bootloader][EDL_Method][Safestrap]

Now I got through into SafeStrap recovery. I would want to flash nougat image since I want to root it, but which nougat image should I flash? I have G950U.

In therory the AP from partcyborgs room and the Rev 5 combo bootloader I believe.

Thats right you could extract the system.img.ext4 from partcyborg rom rename it to system.img copy to phone and flash as image in safestrap. You are on combo bootloader already so the rom should boot. You might have to wipe data