• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[DISCONTINUED] SoLdieR9312s *CTA2* ROM 26.1 [P] & *ETF5* MOD ZIP 6.0 [Q] | AROMA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

germes81m

Oct 4, 2010
www.paybox.me
Dear friends.
Now im on BRH4 Soldier rom. Can i flash BRI1 Soldier rom without flashing firmware or kernels?
And i see in releases three releases to BRI1 with different md5 checksums(all of that released on 13 september)
Thanks

Last edited:

stfn74

Jul 26, 2010
And i see in releases three releases to BRI1 with different md5 checksums(all of that released on 13 september)
Yeah, I have the same question:
- all three files named "G96XF-FD-BRI1_by_SoLdieR9312_8.0_r38.zip"
- the note at the top of the page says they are idential, just different mirrors
- I've downloaded all three of them, extracted them in separate folders and binary compared them - their contents it binary identical
- i've even re-compressed the three extracted folders and they produced identical ZIP files with identical hashes
Yet the three ZIP files do have different MD5 and SHA hashes, as shown the download page and as calculated on my computer.
@SoLdieR9312, how is this possible? Were the three files compressed at a different time or on a different machine or using a different tool?

aussiesausage

Oct 2, 2010
Australia
I wait for about ~10 mins. Was that the issue? Damn. But the screen hung up on the 1st screen (Samsung powered by knox), not the 2nd one (which has only Samsung displayed). Is that how it is supposed to be?

Ah, usually if it hangs on the very first splash "secured by Knox" one it isn't going to boot, it usually hangs on the flashing Samsung one for ages.

Did you format data ect before flashing them?

SoLdieR9312

Sep 22, 2012
NRW
www.renovate-ice.com
Yeah, I have the same question:
- all three files named "G96XF-FD-BRI1_by_SoLdieR9312_8.0_r38.zip"
- the note at the top of the page says they are idential, just different mirrors
- I've downloaded all three of them, extracted them in separate folders and binary compared them - their contents it binary identical
- i've even re-compressed the three extracted folders and they produced identical ZIP files with identical hashes
Yet the three ZIP files do have different MD5 and SHA hashes, as shown the download page and as calculated on my computer.
@SoLdieR9312, how is this possible? Were the three files compressed at a different time or on a different machine or using a different tool?

I'm using 3 different root server to zip up my releases. Thats the difference in MD5, as every server use different compression for some files.
I do not pull over zipped files to the other servers, as the script runs automatically.

Reactions: tiliarou

D_Vovan_238

Sep 21, 2014
Ivano-Frankiws'k
Hi ?

Yesterday I rooted my device and started to test stock based rom's, just to see what is changed comparing with pure stock, was thinking ? to make my own stock based custome rom…
But after trying this one I decided to stay with it.
Really good job, Aroma Installer, Rom, Mod's it has almost everything what I need, but for me one option is missing…
Can you add with next update Aroma option to select the build type on installation, I always use Userdebug Build Type, it's very easy and will not take much time ;)
Thanks for good work, waiting for updates :D

SoLdieR9312

Sep 22, 2012
NRW
www.renovate-ice.com
Yesterday I rooted my device and started to test stock based rom's, just to see what is changed comparing with pure stock, was thinking ? to make my own stock based custome rom…
But after trying this one I decided to stay with it.
Really good job, Aroma Installer, Rom, Mod's it has almost everything what I need, but for me one option is missing…
Can you add with next update Aroma option to select the build type on installation, I always use Userdebug Build Type, it's very easy and will not take much time ;)
Thanks for good work, waiting for updates :D

And for what is this needed? You can always set it yourself if you really need it.

D_Vovan_238

Sep 21, 2014
Ivano-Frankiws'k
Userdebug

And for what is this needed? You can always set it yourself if you really need it.

Since I'm experimenting very much with Android, I use Chinefire Liveboot app, it's very useful for dev's and for noob's, to know will my device boot up or it's bootloop…
With Userdebug Build Type Liveboot showing logcat on device shut down which is also useful for me…
I understand that most of people don't need to change that, but it's pretty annoying to boot up system change this value and reboot other time :(
I was thinking ?, this option is really not required for Ron installer, now I'm using mi MiniX Engine from LG K10 on this device, soon will make Aroma Installer for our S9 and will add this option there…
This way I will be able to install everything without rebooting my device 100 times…

lupin57

Oct 7, 2010
Somewhere in France
Hi Soldier ;)

Flashed BRI1 8.1 (last Tortoise update) and got a permanent "Application isn't installed" about Magisk in drawer & with my dock shortcut ! :(
However SuperUser (root) is active !
Flashed again Magisk 17.2.2 "alone" & always get this very annoying behavior ! :mad:
Impossible going to Magisk Settings (...) :(
Should I have return to 8.0 for the moment ? :confused:

Last edited:

shysstkille

Jun 1, 2011
If ure talking about "Screenshot" •► directly in toggles (notification bar) •► "screenshot" !
Check it (normally checked by default) & ready to use :)

Hi
Now I saw a new version of the rom, I am on version 7,5,how to update,is it a clean install that is needed?,what is different on "AROMA Mod Selection Pack G96X BRI1 by SoLdieR93" than "AROMA Mod Selection Pack G96X BRH4 by SoLdieR9312"#

Last edited:

stfn74

Jul 26, 2010
I'm using 3 different root server to zip up my releases. Thats the difference in MD5, as every server use different compression for some files.
I do not pull over zipped files to the other servers, as the script runs automatically.
That would explain it :)
OK, another question, this time about Aroma. I'm experimenting with different options (kernels, debloating, fonts, emoji, etc) and because of that I'm doing many reinstall of the ROM. Specifically on the Aroma debloat screen there are many check-boxes to click. I was wondering if I can configure some of them to be checked by default and found a way of doing so by modifying the "\META-INF\com\google\android\aroma-config" file in the ZIP. But once I modify it to my liking, I have to use a computer to put it back in the ZIP, transfer the modified ZIP to the phone and then flash it. I was wondering if Aroma can be told to look for the "aroma-config" file somewhere outside of the ZIP? Maybe the folder of the ZIP itself or the root of the storage/sdcard or something like that?

lupin57

Oct 7, 2010
Somewhere in France
That would explain it :)
OK, another question, this time about Aroma. I'm experimenting with different options (kernels, debloating, fonts, emoji, etc) and because of that I'm doing many reinstall of the ROM. Specifically on the Aroma debloat screen there are many check-boxes to click. I was wondering if I can configure some of them to be checked by default and found a way of doing so by modifying the "\META-INF\com\google\android\aroma-config" file in the ZIP. But once I modify it to my liking, I have to use a computer to put it back in the ZIP, transfer the modified ZIP to the phone and then flash it. I was wondering if Aroma can be told to look for the "aroma-config" file somewhere outside of the ZIP? Maybe the folder of the ZIP itself or the root of the storage/sdcard or something like that?

Hi ;)

I dont really understand ur "problem" (...) :confused:
At every new flash, my precedent choices are always recorded (by default) and not necessary to check or uncheck again :)
So ... easy to experiment in ur way by adding or cancelling 1 or 2 or 3 choices more :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    xda_thread_2k20.png

modzip_base_details.png

• G96[5/0]FXXU9ETF5
    • Security Patch Level: June
    • Android 10.0
    • Support for G96XF/FD
    • Latest Busybox included
    • Stock patched Kernel (remove dm-verity, force encryption)

modzip_features.png

• CSC Features in AROMA Installer
    • Font Options in AROMA Installer
    • Emoji Options in AROMA Installer
    • Bixby Remap Options in AROMA Installer
    • Bootsplash Options in AROMA Installer
    • Force aptX Bluetooth Codec in AROMA Installer
    • Dual Sim SD Card Mod Option in AROMA Installer

latest_release.png

modzip_changelog.png

• Full Changelog from Version 1.0 up to the latest Release on my Webpage, click here.

install_instructions.png

You need to be on a Custom ROM based on the Version of the MOD Zip!

1. Make a backup of your current device state, so you can go back if something is broken
    2. Flash a Custom ROM based on the current MOD ZIP, i highly recommended [ALEXNDR]s DevBase
    3. DO NOT WIPE system! [Mod zip do not contain a full rom!]
    4. Flash the matching MOD ZIP in TWRP [example: Custom ROM is DTD7 -> DTD7 Mod]
    5. Flash latest Twrp Flashable Firmware
    6. Device will reboot after Firmware flash
    7. Enjoy

If you want to update to new base, simply flash the Custom ROM Update, then my mod zip, done.

Android 9 Full ROM [Out of Date / Discontinued]:

rom_base_details.png

• G96[5/0]FXXS7CTA2
    • Security Patch Level: January
    • Android 9.0
    • ODEXED
    • Support for G96XF/FD
    • No-Root or Magisk as option
    • Fake Knox 0x0 in system [still 0x1 in Bootloader!]
    • Debloated
    • FRP Lock and RMM removed

rom_features.png

• CSC Features in AROMA Installer
    • Font Options in AROMA Installer
    • Emoji Options in AROMA Installer
    • Bixby Remap Options in AROMA Installer
    • Bootsplash Options in AROMA Installer
    • Force aptX Bluetooth Codec in AROMA Installer
    • Stock patched Kernel (remove dm-verity, force encryption, vaultkeeper, frp lock)
    • Option to add your own ODM Partition into ROM and flash it

latest_release.png

rom_changelog.png

• Full Changelog from Version 1.0 up to the latest Release on my Webpage, click here.

install_instructions.png

STOCK ROM -> MY ROM:

1. Backup your Internal Storage if needed
    2. Format Data then Wipe System, Data, Cache, Dalvik-Cache, Internal Storage
    3. Reboot to TWRP again
    4. Flash latest release
    5. Flash latest twrp flashable firmware [F and FD only]
    6. Device will reboot after Firmware flash
    7. Enjoy

ANOTHER CUSTOM ROM -> MY ROM:

1. Backup your current ROM
    2. Wipe system, data, cache, dalvik-cache
    3. Flash latest release
    4. Flash latest twrp flashable firmware [F and FD only]
    5. Device will reboot after Firmware flash
    6. Enjoy

MY PIE ROM -> MY PIE ROM (Update):

1. Backup your current ROM
    2. Flash latest release (dirty flash)
    3. Flash latest twrp flashable firmware [F and FD only]
    4. Device will reboot after Firmware flash
    5. Enjoy

helpful_links.png

sharing_policy.png

Code:
    Please do not take anything without asking me first. I will 99% allow you to use anything, just ask first though.
    You cannot use any of my work which hasn't been released in an official ROM/MOD release unless given express permission.
    I'm not responsible for anything that happens to your device while using this ROM/MOD.
    By using this ROM you agree with the above terms.

Thanks @mwilky for being such a great developer and the whole Renovate Team for being awesome :)

XDA:DevDB Information
    [DISCONTINUED] SoLdieR9312s *CTA2* ROM 26.1 [P] & *ETF5* MOD ZIP 6.0 [Q] | AROMA, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S9

Contributors
    SoLdieR9312
    Source Code: Samsung Stock Kernel with edited Ramdisk

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP, Latest Firmware

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 26.1 & 6.0
    Stable Release Date: 2020-06-18

Created 2018-03-31
    Last Updated 2020-07-05
    Hey Guys,

i'm uploading v23.0 based on CSJ1 (October Security Patch Base) (will be done in about 2 hours..)
    CSJ1 Firmware and DualSim + SDCard Mod are already up on my webpage.

Changelog will be:
    -rebased to CSJ1 (October Security Patch Base)
    -updated Stock patched Kernel to CSJ1
    -updated Magisk to v20.0
    -updated AdAway to 4.2.9

As all of you know, i do not own a S9 series device anymore since March, so i'm only able to fix issues by getting logs and clear description of what is not working.
    The ROM comes with everything that was included in July, when i stopped the project.
    As i got many pm's in the last time, that it would be nice to see my project back, i have decided to push a update to the ROM and see how it will go.

The new Telegram Support Chat can be found here.

EDIT: Rom is up. As always, do a nandroid before flashing, in case of something goes wrong!
    13.0 released

ROM rebased to CRLI (Android 9.0 | PIE)
    December Security Patch Base
    Stock patched Kernel rebased to CRLI
    added some more debloat options
    ROM Updater 1.0.6 added:
    supports PIE ROM now
    fixed all links for webpage

NO Custom Kernel until Sources drops for Pie.
    Do not even try to boot with Oreo Kernel ;)

Coming from OREO i would do a Clean flash, otherwise strange issues will mess the UI.
    Coming from PIE Beta a Dirty flash will be fine.

Merry XMAS to all, and thanks for your support in 2018!
    Sorry for the delay this month guys, but 17.0 is now online. Should appear in some minutes on my servers.
    Firmware and dualsimcard mod is also up on my webpage.