• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[DISCONTINUED] TWRP Flashable .3.2.3 Bootloader Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ggow

Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2014
Amazon Fire
Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact
Yes. I've already tried that. In fact my previously posted link was on that topic, but on the wrong post :)
The flashing is stuck at the "Opening port" as expected. So, it seems like my bootloader version was not .3.2.3.2.
I'm really not sure what bootloader version I was on and I found no method how to check my bootloader version.

But I dd'ed the aboot_vuln.mtb from this thread here. Is this also the bootloader?

- I'm not aware of a way to know which bootloader is currently installed on an HDX.
- You might be best speaking to @ONYXis

hgthanh

Apr 28, 2016
My device unboot loader by one click. I check running on Twrp 3.0.2. Now i can update twrp 3.2.3?

undulus

Nov 28, 2011
I tried to update my trpw to newer version, bootloader was unlocked, cm 13 installed, but after hdx reset after flash I have only Black screen, I cannot see logo, nothing..
I tried to push power button and turn device off, but still the same...
Windows is trying to connect is, but is unknown ....Is bricked or no?what may I do?
Regards
Jiri

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
I tried to update my trpw to newer version, bootloader was unlocked, cm 13 installed, but after hdx reset after flash I have only Black screen, I cannot see logo, nothing..
I tried to push power button and turn device off, but still the same...
Windows is trying to connect is, but is unknown ....Is bricked or no?what may I do?
Regards
Jiri
- untether from host
- long press <power> until device is confirmed off
- press <power>+<vol-down>. Does it enter Fastboot mode?

If the device enters Fastboot mode you should be able to reflash TWRP (here) assuming you can get the drivers right on Windows.

undulus

Nov 28, 2011
I pushed power button for one minute and nothing happened, I cannot confirm that is off and if I tried to turn it into recovery by pressing power +volume up device is still without displey...

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
- untether from host
- long press <power> until device is confirmed off
- press <power>+<vol-down>. Does it enter Fastboot mode?

If the device enters Fastboot mode you should be able to reflash TWRP (here) assuming you can get the drivers right on Windows.

I pushed power button for one minute and nothing happened, I cannot confirm that is off and if I tried to turn it into recovery by pressing power +volume up device is still without displey...
Looking for <power>+<vol-down> to enter Fastboot mode. If you can't enter Fastboot mode the device is not recoverable short of mainboard replacement.

undulus

Nov 28, 2011
And is any was howto fix the mainboard sw? Or only replace? What is price for new board and replace in Service?

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
And is any was howto fix the mainboard sw? Or only replace? What is price for new board and replace in Service?
Replacement only (assuming you can find a working board). Strictly DIY, no service centers that I know of. Gaining access is also a problem due to adhesives; easy to crack the screen while separating components. It is probably more cost effective to purchase a used one on auction.

Last edited:

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
Hello. My Hdx 8.9 (unlocked using this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/kindle-fire-hdx/general/thor-unlocking-bootloader-firmware-t3463982) on CM 14.1 I flashed the bootloader file with latest TWRP by ggow (checked md5) and after instalation when I pressed reboot in TWRP the screen gone black and tablet does not power up or respond to power button + vol up or down. What should I do?
- untether device
- long press power (20+ sec) to insure device is fully turned off
- attempt to access recovery via <power>+<vol-up>
- can also try <power>+<vol-down> to access fastboot
- repeat above sequence a few times...just to be sure
- some claim a 60++ sec hold of power button will reset device; I have never seen this work w/HDX

If device refuses to respond the bootloader update was unsuccessful. Sadly, there is no known recovery from this type of failure.

@ggow, @Hashcode - for awareness.

Last edited:
Reactions: killy2051

killy2051

Nov 7, 2015
- untether device
- some claim a 60++ sec hold of power button will reset device; I have never seen this work w/HDX

If device refuses to respond the bootloader update was unsuccessful. Sadly, there is no known recovery from this type of failure.

Nothig helps, it's dead :( When i try to connect tablet to my PC i get "The last usb device you connected to this computer malfunctioned." Should I replace my motherboard to fix?

Attachments

• 6kNWQ.png
    6kNWQ.png
    10.7 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

ggow

Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2014
Amazon Fire
Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact
- untether device

Nothig helps, it's dead :( When i try to connect tablet to my PC i get "The last usb device you connected to this computer malfunctioned." Should I replace my motherboard to fix?

Sorry to hear your device is bricked. This is the first time I'm hearing this has happened.
I've just tried running the Apollo and Thor updates on my device again and it worked fine.

dunkincurry

Oct 7, 2016
nothing personal but BECAUSE OF THIS BULLSH*T UPDATE, IT BRICKED MY THOR, I installed TWRP and bootloader unlocked, I stll don't underdtsnd why it got bricked, now only shows a blacnkscreen

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
nothing personal but BECAUSE OF THIS BULLSH*T UPDATE, IT BRICKED MY THOR, I installed TWRP and bootloader unlocked, I stll don't underdtsnd why it got bricked, now only shows a blacnkscreen
Sorry to hear that happened.

What version of FireOS was last on your device? It may help others avoid the same outcome. This update has been out for a long time and has not proven problematic until recently. Something has changed ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    - Discontinued.
    - This was only really useful for people that unlocked on firmwares older than xx.3.2.3.2.
    - It should no longer be needed

If your bootloader is not unlocked OR you are running Safestrap 4.xx, please walk away now​
    Android-Phone-Rooting-qtkznc-273x3001.png

Disclaimer
    Code:
    [COLOR="gray"]
    /*
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war,
     * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included
     * in the products you find here before flashing it!
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
     */
    [/COLOR]

Hello all,

Here are some bootloader upgrade images which allow you to upgrade your system to .3.2.3.2 without flashing the full amazon stock firmware image.
    The reason you might want to do this is because a few people have reported graphical glitches/black screen issues while trying to run HDX Nexus ROM.

Updating to .3.2.3.2 seems to fix the problems.

These update images will flash the bootloaders on your system.
    They will NOT flash the modem firmware, /boot , /recovery or /system partitions.

*** PLEASE CHECK THE MD5 OF THESE AFTER DOWNLOADING AND BEFORE FLASHING ***

I have tested both of them Apollo and Thor respectively.

Instructions
    - Copy the file to your /sdcard on your device
    - Flash the file with TWRP
    - Reboot

Downloads
    - Discontinued.
    - This was only really useful for people that unlocked on firmwares older than xx.3.2.3.2.
    - It should no longer be needed
    Okay thanks a lot for the answer, as i have root access can i downgrade by fooling system that i have a lower build (editing build prop) and then updating the lower build.

In short ill make build prop edit to a lower version than .3.2.4 or so and then sideload update the .3.2.3 Firmware. ?

Err, don't think that's going to work. If it were that easy folks would be downgrading from 3.2.7/3.2.8 in droves (and certainly the devs would have supplied a tool for the masses). Best catch up by reading through the forums and learning what can and can't be done with your device given the current firmware level.
    Hello!
    Could you please make the same zip, but with sbl1, tz, rpm (+ modem if it's possible) from 4.5.5.2? Leaving aboot 3.2.3 of course.
    That can be a good alternative for those who want to have all possible stuff as up to date as it's possible :)

There is really no need to do this. The bootloaders from .3.2.3.2 have proven stable. Also this is a risky process so I won't be making such a flashable zip. I did it before because the .3.1.0 bootloaders caused WiFi and Graphical Glitches.
    How can I flash modem to downgrade it to 3.2.3.3 too?
    I made that http://forum.xda-developers.com/kin...-to-unbrick-kindle-fire-hdx-firmware-t3277197 and now I want to flash the file from this thread to become more "3.2.3.2", because as ONYXis said now I've got "aboot from 3.2.3 , other components of bootchain (sbl, modem. tz, rpm) from 4.5 after that procedure."
    I've got some wi-fi issues and want to try to fix them.

I'll look into it this week.
    Thor HDX 7" bricked as well. Everything was working fine, wanted to install the KK Fire Nexus ROM but TWRP was giving me error 7, something about build dates not being able to install a newer over an older one (even after I flashed TWRP again), so i tried flashing this, rebooted, and now black screen and QSHL USB thing showing up in device manager.

I had an unlocked bootloader completely, so that wasn't the problem.

Last 30 posts in this thread are people saying that this bricked their devices, really makes you think huh.