DISCONTINUED [TWRP] Samsung Galaxy A20 Custom Recovery (Android 9)

Search This thread

physwizz

Sep 16, 2013
Sydney
this twrp work's on A20 Brazilian Version? My model is SM-A205G

rbd5df7_d.jpg

No. Sorry
Your firmware is to new (S5)

aIecxs

Feb 17, 2016
gitlab.com
@Technical i have compared vbmeta.tar from @Agrim720 with vbmeta.tar from @LietRell, the images are same like this vbmeta.img code from @ianmacd, they just empty files with two lines of text AVB0 + avbtool 1.1.0 so it doesn't look device specific. the only issue i could imagine may the small file size, vbmeta partition is probably much bigger which may left old signature fragments because it seems not fully overwritten with zero bytes (i am not aware how odin/heimdall handle this). nobody reported such kind of issue so far, nevertheless it does not harm to enlarge file size to it's original partition size, may worth a try. another thing what you can do is compare the U5 vbmeta (i haven't handy) maybe the avb version is different. but i don't think it's issue with vbmeta because it's only purpose is to prevent modified images (like twrp recovery) from flashing, so if twrp works then avb is disabled.
another issue i can imagine (if not related to encryption) are broken verifyatboot or avb_keys= flags (if exist) because afaik current disablers just delete verify and avb strings which may left garbage strings

Last edited:
Reactions: Technical

Technical

Jun 2, 2008
@Technical i have compared vbmeta.tar from @Agrim720 with vbmeta.tar from @LietRell, the images are same like this vbmeta.img code from @ianmacd, they just empty files with two lines of text AVB0 + avbtool 1.1.0 so it doesn't look device specific. the only issue i could imagine may the small file size, vbmeta partition is probably much bigger which may left old signature fragments because it seems not fully overwritten with zero bytes (i am not aware how odin/heimdall handle this). nobody reported such kind of issue so far, nevertheless it does not harm to enlarge file size to it's original partition size, may worth a try. another thing what you can do is compare the U5 vbmeta (i haven't handy) maybe the avb version is different. but i don't think it's issue with vbmeta because it's only purpose is to prevent modified images (like twrp recovery) from flashing, so if twrp works then avb is disabled.
another issue i can imagine (if not related to encryption) are broken verifyatboot or avb_keys= flags (if exist) because afaik current disablers just delete verify and avb strings which may left garbage strings
Many thanks. Although I'm not a newbie, I never learn how to handle such things. Right now, I need to wait with mixing my phones, one at a time :D
My goal with A20 is to reach GSI Roms, but this does not seem to be possible in a short time. GSI Roms are not booting at all.

squrl0001

Feb 20, 2020
does anyone have 30 min to talk to me and guide me through rooting the a20 model 205dl tracfone? i cant seem to get any simple method to work and i'm not experienced enough to just experiment with the recovery and bootloader without causing irreversible damage.

ComefromVN

Apr 14, 2020
Help i cant flash any .zip with TWRP

Please help me, i dont know what i'm doing wrong
I cant flash any zip, after i falsh a zip and recevied Successes messeage and restart NOTHING CHANGE
I also try to install modules of Magisk manager but nothing happen when i restart the phone
Maybe it's my fault when i using U4 recovery to my U7 phone ???

Top Liked Posts