[DISCONTINUED][UNOFFICIAL][ROM][4.4][22112013] CyanogenMod 11 for Samsung Nexus S

Search This thread

noloukos

Feb 3, 2012
Aigaleo, Athens
OnePlus 8
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Downloads:
Gapps:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2012857

You have to flash the latest CWM to flash the rom http://www.clockworkmod.com/rommanager

Credits:
Cyanogenmod
klusark

Last edited:

BenHeng

Jan 17, 2012
I think people might try the paranoid android gapps.
Please, give feedback about this ROM: I gave my old NS to my sister (even thought it broke my heart) and I'd like to know if it's worth flashing it for her.
Thanks in advance

Envoyé de mon Nexus 4 en utilisant Tapatalk

leap_ahead

Jul 2, 2009
nice !! webview is working ?

u get lack screen with browser?

Last edited:

DarkShadow69

May 7, 2011
Lahore
OnePlus 9
nice !! webview is working ?

u get lack screen with browser?

Still getting the black screen in browser so I guess webview is not working.
I've also tried PA GApps modular one but get Google+ FC and only get black screen (no launcher status bar) at start so I've to reinstall again to get rid of it. Now I'm using it with gapps and will test gapps later.
Great effort noloukos again :good:

Reactions: noloukos

zurny

May 17, 2012
Flashed fine with gapps, it was sluggish and slow. I wipped everything and flashed the rom without gapps and its smooth. Stock browser works but I'm getting black areas on the webpages, especially when scrolling. Wifi, 3G, bluetooth and camera working.

Right now I have 180 megs free RAM.

Last edited:

wishmasterf

Jan 13, 2011
Flashed fine with gapps, it was sluggish and slow. I wipped everything and flashed the rom without gapps and its smooth. Stock browser works but I'm getting black areas on the webpages, especially when scrolling. Wifi, 3G, bluetooth and camera working.

Right now I have 180 megs free RAM.

Fix for Browser is merged: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/53284/ . Possible to get a newer build?

nexususer

Nov 21, 2011
Kirack Hyderabadi
Flashed

Flashed this today and found it pretty good ... not as fast as the aosp build but its good ... flashed the PA Gapps

webview is still broken and i couldnt get to install the xda app from play store gave me some sd card error everthing else was installed with no problems

Volume rocker wake is needed so badly if the OP add it in the next build it would be very nice of him and i also got the score of 5000 in antutu but in antutu it shows that the rom is overclocked to 1400 but in performance settings it at 1000 only ..

Reactions: myanose

Setting.Out

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 10, 2013
Sèvres
Everything seems to work so far... The SIM unlock screen is cut off (same with the other 4.4)... Enabling ART takes ages.. Seems to work with Devil kernel as well.. Haven't had time to play with ART yet, it's 04:16 here and I need to get some sleep... :)

Great job...

Reactions: Biticche

jwee5467

Nov 1, 2010
Does this version keep phone awake due to phone app?

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Downloads:
    Gapps:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2012857

You have to flash the latest CWM to flash the rom http://www.clockworkmod.com/rommanager

Credits:
    Cyanogenmod
    klusark
    New build up. http://d-h.st/BRs
    Webview fixed

Sent from my Full Android on Crespo using xda app-developers app
    the rom is discontinued. sorry guys i upgraded to nexus 5 and i gave the nexus s to my brother.
    new build up!
    new build up. there will be no new builds till sunday. i will be on vacation