DISCONTINUED [VZW_Stock Based TW Rom][5.0 Lollipop BOG5 Build Deodexed]

Search This thread

dccrens

Apr 8, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Sorry I posted this to a different thread when I meant to post it here.

Hello,
First I want to thank jrkruse for all his excellent work.

I have a rooted Verizon Galexy S5 (SM-G900V)
running Android 4.4.4 (KitKat),
Build KTU84P.G900VVRU1ANI2,
Baseband G900VVRU1ANI2.
Safestrap 3.75 (TWRP v2.7.1.0),
SuperSu Pro 2.46,
BusyBox Pro 1.24.1,
Rootchecker v5.6.6 installed,
Root Cloak installed

I have rooted the phone and used TWRP, Safestrap, ODIN, and other tools in the past.

I would like to confirm the steps required to install the "VZW_BOG5_STOCK_DEODEXED.zip" ROM.

I have been reading through the forums and have read jrkruse's great guides. I think I see all the steps across the two threads but would like to confirm.

My understanding is;

Follow the "Instructions for rooting Verizon S5 on Kitkat Or Lollipop Roms Or If your Already Rooted On A KitKat Rom"

Download all the required files. Done

First - Install (Flash from within SafeStrap 3.75) "Rooting_Tools_For_S5_Lollipop_V3.zip" (Not sure if I need to do this since I am on KitKat... Is this correct or is this done only if you are on Lollipop already?)

Skip steps 1-3 since I am on Rooted KitKat with Safestrap 3.75

4. Download the three Zips "BOG5_Firmware.zip", "G900V_OG5_Stock_KERNEL_SafeStrap-Flashable.zip" and "RootS5.zip"
(Are "G900V_OG5_Stock_KERNEL_SafeStrap-Flashable.zip" and "RootS5.zip" actually needed? Since they are use in Step 14 my assumption is they are not)

5. Copy anything you want to keep on phone to SD CARD.
Skip to step 19 of the guide

19. Copy " VZW_BOG5_STOCK_DEODEXED.zip" ROM to the SD CARD

20. Reboot to safestrap.
-Flash " VZW_BOG5_STOCK_DEODEXED.zip" ROM.
-After ROM is flashed, staying in SafeStrap, navigate to the "BOG5_Frimware.zip" folder on SD CARD and flash the firmware
(When is "G900V_OG5_Stock_KERNEL_SafeStrap-Flashable.zip" needed??)
-Once this is complete - click reboot and you should be good to go...

From then on if I need to get into Safestrap,
I would follow the guide section "Instruction to Use SafeStrap Without odin If Already on rooted lollipop rom"??

Thanks !!

Last edited:

dccrens

Apr 8, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Sorry I posted this to a different thread when I meant to post it here.

Hello,
First I want to thank jrkruse for all his excellent work.

I have a rooted Verizon Galexy S5 (SM-G900V)
running Android 4.4.4 (KitKat),
Build KTU84P.G900VVRU1ANI2,
Baseband G900VVRU1ANI2.
Safestrap 3.75 (TWRP v2.7.1.0),
SuperSu Pro 2.46,
BusyBox Pro 1.24.1,
Rootchecker v5.6.6 installed,
Root Cloak installed

I have rooted the phone and used TWRP, Safestrap, ODIN, and other tools in the past.

I would like to confirm the steps required to install the "VZW_BOG5_STOCK_DEODEXED.zip" ROM.

I have been reading through the forums and have read jrkruse's great guides. I think I see all the steps across the two threads but would like to confirm.

My understanding is;

Follow the "Instructions for rooting Verizon S5 on Kitkat Or Lollipop Roms Or If your Already Rooted On A KitKat Rom"

Download all the required files. Done

First - Install (Flash from within SafeStrap 3.75) "Rooting_Tools_For_S5_Lollipop_V3.zip" (Not sure if I need to do this since I am on KitKat... Is this correct or is this done only if you are on Lollipop already?)

Skip steps 1-3 since I am on Rooted KitKat with Safestrap 3.75

4. Download the three Zips "BOG5_Firmware.zip", "G900V_OG5_Stock_KERNEL_SafeStrap-Flashable.zip" and "RootS5.zip"
(Are "G900V_OG5_Stock_KERNEL_SafeStrap-Flashable.zip" and "RootS5.zip" actually needed? Since they are use in Step 14 my assumption is they are not)

5. Copy anything you want to keep on phone to SD CARD.
Skip to step 19 of the guide

19. Copy " VZW_BOG5_STOCK_DEODEXED.zip" ROM to the SD CARD

20. Reboot to safestrap.
-Flash " VZW_BOG5_STOCK_DEODEXED.zip" ROM.
-After ROM is flashed, staying in SafeStrap, navigate to the "BOG5_Frimware.zip" folder on SD CARD and flash the firmware
(When is "G900V_OG5_Stock_KERNEL_SafeStrap-Flashable.zip" needed??)
-Once this is complete - click reboot and you should be good to go...

From then on if I need to get into Safestrap,
I would follow the guide section "Instruction to Use SafeStrap Without odin If Already on rooted lollipop rom"??

Thanks !!
Well... to answer my own questions. I only flashed the Rom, " VZW_BOG5_STOCK_DEODEXED.zip", the firmware, "BOG5_Firmware.zip", and the kernel, "G900V_OG5_Stock_KERNEL_SafeStrap-Flashable.zip". Since I already had Safestrap 3.75 on Kitkat rooted, I figured I didn't need anything else. I went into Safestrap, wiped everything but the SD CARD. Then, flashed the three zips and cleared cache/dalvik and rebooted. Took about 8 minutes to boot up the first time. Worked great. Thanks again to jrkruse!

Pseast

Apr 28, 2014
Hello,

Does anyone know if I can flash this over an sm-g900f int. variant with a locked bootloader? Looking for a stock deodexed rom.

Build: LRX21T.G900FXXU1POI1
Baseband: G900FXXU1POH1

Thanks!

bryank29

Jul 21, 2010
I've been trying to wrap my head around all the various roms, etc...

I installed the one from Muniz (I think) from RootJunky located here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUDIOVas81U

I am on B0A08. So am I upgrading or downgrading doing this? I also don't know if the BOA08 is Deodexed and if I can install Xposed on it. I guess I don't know if I "should" flash this rom or not.

Badger50

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
I've been trying to wrap my head around all the various roms, etc...

I installed the one from Muniz (I think) from RootJunky located here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUDIOVas81U

I am on B0A08. So am I upgrading or downgrading doing this? I also don't know if the BOA08 is Deodexed and if I can install Xposed on it. I guess I don't know if I "should" flash this rom or not.

You are on the first LP build I believe, but technical, you would be upgrading. Just do your reading, make sure you know how to use odin if you need to get out of a jam, and you'll be fine! :)

bryank29

Jul 21, 2010
You are on the first LP build I believe, but technical, you would be upgrading. Just do your reading, make sure you know how to use odin if you need to get out of a jam, and you'll be fine! :)

Ok so in the OP,

Download Rom
VZW_BOG5_STOCK_ROM_DEODEXED.zip
VZW_BOG5_STOCK_ROM_ODEXED.zip (Only Flash Dark It Up Themes V3 or Higher)

Paches/Updates

SafeStrap Flashable Firmware Update For This Rom
This will Update Modem And NON-HLOS.bin And Kernel. No bootloaders will be updated, so device can still be downgraded.
BOG5_Firmware.zip

SafeStrap Flashable Kernel For This Rom
G900V_OG5_Stock_KERNEL_SafeStrap-Flashable.zip

In order, I need to enter safestrap and flash BOG5_FIRMWARE, then flash the KERNEL, and THEN the DEODEXED Rom?

When I did the LP build, I was on 4.4.4, had to do the NI2 kernel, installed towel root, etc... then re-flash the NK2 kernel, then followed his tutorial on getting Lollipop while remaining root.

So based on that info, how should I proceed with this? I'm sorry.

Badger50

Staff member
Ok so in the OP,

In order, I need to enter safestrap and flash BOG5_FIRMWARE, then flash the KERNEL, and THEN the DEODEXED Rom?

When I did the LP build, I was on 4.4.4, had to do the NI2 kernel, installed towel root, etc... then re-flash the NK2 kernel, then followed his tutorial on getting Lollipop while remaining root.

So based on that info, how should I proceed with this? I'm sorry.

Flash rom, then firmware. The LP kernel is already in the firmware, so you'll be able to exit SS just fine. Keep your N12 flasher app handy to get back into SS if you want to flash anything else, and then have your LP flashable kernel handy to exit SS after you've made your changes. FlashFire is a great app to use if your staying on the same build and firmware, however, it has given some folks problems when switching between different builds. I have used both, and I still like the reliability of SS. I don't use the S5 anymore, but after a year and a half of flashing stuff, I still like helping out. No need to be sorry at all! :)

bryank29

Jul 21, 2010
Flash rom, then firmware. The LP kernel is already in the firmware, so you'll be able to exit SS just fine. Keep your N12 flasher app handy to get back into SS if you want to flash anything else, and then have your LP flashable kernel handy to exit SS after you've made your changes. FlashFire is a great app to use if your staying on the same build and firmware, however, it has given some folks problems when switching between different builds. I have used both, and I still like the reliability of SS. I don't use the S5 anymore, but after a year and a half of flashing stuff, I still like helping out. No need to be sorry at all! :)

So I followed the instructions using the Rooting_Tools_For_S5_Lollipop.zip stuff, and when I install SS, and grant permissions, I try to open it and get "unfortunately SafeStrap has stopped". This keeps happening.

So I assume I need to go the old route to get back to SS? Should I just use Odin and follow the old instructions of getting back to 4.4.4?

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

"ROM Firmware Required: BOC4 or Higher"

Since I am on B0A8, does this mean I can't use this?

bryank29

Jul 21, 2010
You can still use the rom, you just need to update the firmware. Do you still have root? Have you Odined back to stock NCG, and then started the process from there?

Badger,

Ok, so I appear good to go to reboot into SafeStrap now. I got the Root Tools working it appears.

I wiped everything but sd card under advanced wipe, then flashed the ROM, flashed the Firmware and rebooted. I am now in the setup screen :)

So hopefully, I am all good. I assume I still need to re-download titanium backup and freeze SDM 1.0 to prevent OTA.

I assume I retain root doing all this? I used the Deodexed version.

Badger50

Staff member
Badger,

Ok, so I appear good to go to reboot into SafeStrap now. I got the Root Tools working it appears.

I wiped everything but sd card under advanced wipe, then flashed the ROM, flashed the Firmware and rebooted. I am now in the setup screen :)

So hopefully, I am all good. I assume I still need to re-download titanium backup and freeze SDM 1.0 to prevent OTA.

I assume I retain root doing all this? I used the Deodexed version.

Way to go! Yes, get TiBu to freeze the ota thingy. You will not lose root from doing any of that, the rom itself is pre-rooted, so you'll be fine :)

Sep 18, 2010
I can finally post yay jrkruse awesome as always but one quick question. Android pay isn't letting me add my cards after recent updates do you know of another workaround?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Badger50

Staff member
I can finally post yay jrkruse awesome as always but one quick question. Android pay isn't letting me add my cards after recent updates do you know of another workaround?

Not at this time. Google and their safety net has locked down AP for rooted devices. Only way to get it to work is to disable or remove root.

Reactions: giggiggiggitygoo
Sep 18, 2010
Ya I was just reading about that safety net api. Thanks for the reply Badger50.

But disabling isn't working on my device only going to stock is working. But as soon as I do that the update pops up hit no thanks then 20 minute later it tries to force the update. And if that happens I know I'll never get root back on this device

Last edited:
Reactions: Badger50

Mr. Whippy

May 6, 2009
Alright, I've newly rooted my S5. Safestrap is installed and I'm running this ROM in the stock slot. I see a "Debloater.zip".

What does that do? I'm assuming remove crap apks but how do I run it?

Also, How does this differ from just running the No BS ROM?

Sep 18, 2010
Alright, I've newly rooted my S5. Safestrap is installed and I'm running this ROM in the stock slot. I see a "Debloater.zip".

What does that do? I'm assuming remove crap apks but how do I run it?

Also, How does this differ from just running the No BS ROM?
You run the debloater just like installing your rom in safestrap but it removes a lot just as fyi. But what's the no bs rom I've never heard of it before

Top Liked Posts