[DISCONTINUED][XT16xx][ROM][6.0.1][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 13 [MotoG4 / G4 Plus]

Search This thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cyanogenmod.org%2Fwp-content%2Fthemes%2Fcyanogenmod%2Fimages%2Flogo-cid.png

Information for Reliance Jio Users on how to activate VoLTE. Follow instructions to the T. Thank you ==vj== for the instructions.
    • Make sure you are on the latest baseband M8952_70009.08.03.48R.
    • Jio SIM should be in slot1.
    • Complete the setup wizard normally after flashing ROM & GAPPS ( flash arm-6-pico if using opengapps ).
    • On CM and Vanir, APN is set to jionet by default. If its not, goto Settings->SIM Cards->SIM1 Settings->Access Point Names and change as follows. Name=jionet, APN=jionet, APN Type=default, APN Protocol=IPv4/IPv6. Click here for screenshots.
    • Goto "SIM CARD" settings and select calling sim as JIO. This can also be done during setup.
    • Select sim1 settings (JIO) & toggle enhanced LTE option enabled. This is required to activate the volte option in dialer. If enhanced VoLTE option doesn't show up, goto APN settings and select Bearer as LTE alone. Then manually select Jio4g from mobile networks. That should enable enhanced LTE option for sure.

Code:
    /*   
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

How is this different from this thread?

Well it isn't, apart from the fact that I get to update the OP with latest details of my builds. This was also requested by many users as the old thread hasn't been updated in a while and I have received many pm's regarding this. If this is against the rules, mods are free to close the thread at any time.

Requirements
    TWRP 3.0.20 build: Recovery TWRP 3.0.2.0 for Moto G4

How to install
    From stock / other custom roms
    1. Copy the ROM zip on your phone
    2. Reboot in TWRP Recovery mode
    3. Backup your phone!
    4. Format/Wipe system, cache, dalvik, data
    5. Flash/Install ROM
    6. Flash Install Gapps (OpenGapps ARM MM Mini or smaller is recommended)
    7. Reboot

Upgrade from previous build ( via OTA )
    1. Download the update using the OTA app
    2. Reboot in TWRP Recovery mode
    3. Format/Wipe only cache, dalvik
    4. Flash/Install ROM
    5. Flash Install Gapps (OpenGapps ARM MM Mini or smaller is recommanded)
    6. Reboot

Downloads

ROM : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1ZbHDX3hq1yRHNmS1UxdGJxREU?usp=sharing
    GAPPS : OpenGapps
    RECOVERY : https://dl.twrp.me/athene/

Updates

Updates are provided via OTA. You will be notified when there is an update.

Issues

• Chopchop is buggy

Credits
    Team CyanogenMod
    ashwin007
    vache
    Shreps
    khaoticking
    elandroido
    yeshwanthvshenoy

Kernel Sources

https://github.com/boulzordev/android_kernel_motorola_msm8952

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 13.0, ROM for the Motorola G4 and G4 plus

Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: A custom recovery (TWRP preferrable),ROM and Gapps zip file,knowledge on how to flash zip files.

Version Information

Created 2016-08-14
    Last Updated 2016-10-12
    Nope. No updates after 12th. We'll be moving to cm-14.1 pretty soon.

Sent from my Moto G4 Plus using Tapatalk
    I'm planning to buy this phone.
    Exactly what is not working?
    Also, what's the kernel version?
    If U Are Thinking About This Phone, Then No Planning Is Needed. I Think Its Best In Its Class, Brand, Software, Hardware, Camera, And A Lot Many Things.

Now, On Stock As U Know Everything Is Working :D

On CM Based Or AOSP, Everything Is Working, Yes The Chop Chop Is Somewhat Called Buggy And The Camera In WhatsApp Or Other Third Party Apps Seems To Be Not Synced With Flash Correctly But It Was A Bug Few Weeks Ago, I Think It Has Been Solved Until Now.

VoLTE Was A Major Problem Few Days Ago But As We Know The Devs And Users Were Restless, So This Was Also Solved.

Battery Life With Features On RR Is Best As Per My Experience And Quark Kernel Is Also The Best CM Kernel As U Can't Use Wi-Fi On Elemental X When Flashed On CM Based ROMs.

Most Featured ROM - RR (Credits To @Shreps)

Most Stable ROM - Beanstalk (As Per User Reviews) (C.T. @rahulsnair)

Most Battery Life ROM - CrDroid > CM > RR

Most Clean ROM - CM (By @Silesh.Nair)

Thanks If U Understood And Sorry If U Didn't. ;)
    Updates postponed to next month. My cm sources are totally screwed and I need to download them from scratch. Over my data limit for this month, so pathetic download speeds now.

Sent from my Moto G4 Plus using Tapatalk
    Will this work on the xt1625 variant? I got mine through the amazon prime deal. I have the bootloader unlock code, just haven't done it yet.
    It works on the non-amazon 1625 as that's what I have so in theory if you can unlock your bootloader this will work for you
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone