[DISCONTINUED][XT16xx][ROM][6.0.1][UNOFFICIAL] Vanir AOSP [MotoG4 / G4 Plus]

Search This thread

Silesh.Nair

Mar 19, 2012
VanirAOSP is officially supported now. You can download files from the link below and use the official ota to download updates. Support has been added for N builds as well.

www.emccann.net/nuclearmistake/VanirAOSPNightlies/athene

Official device trees are maintained by Ethan Johnson. You can find him on VanirAOSP's Google plus page (link in OP)

Sent from my Moto G4 Plus using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mercado_Negro

Jan 25, 2013
Caracas
VanirAOSP is officially supported now. You can download files from the link below and use the official ota to download updates. Support has been added for N builds as well.

www.emccann.net/nuclearmistake/VanirAOSPNightlies/athene

Official device trees are maintained by Ethan Johnson. You can find him on VanirAOSP's Google plus page (link in OP)

I think the actual link is: https://www.vanir.co/nuclearmistake/VanirAOSPNightlies/athene/

moteb

Jan 18, 2011
I had cm14 before, but installed this ROM .call sound not working and fingerprint also .I liked it and want help to solve this problems. Regard

StonedYoda

May 1, 2011
Nederland
I had cm14 before, but installed this ROM .call sound not working and fingerprint also .I liked it and want help to solve this problems. Regard

I believe this problem has already been solved. Did you follow the proper procedure for downgrading from N to MM? There are a few forum posts regarding this issue.

smitharro

Jan 2, 2012
Blokker
Revert to stock Marshmallow again and then install Vanir. Or just wait for N Vanir...

Send with my Moto G4 Plus (XT1642) on CyanogenMod 14.1, Android 7.1, using Tapatalk!

itsmeprabuddha

Jan 30, 2015
Mumbai
My jio sim not working properly:confused: it was working fine before but suddenly not getting network

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161128-225956.png
    Screenshot_20161128-225956.png
    94.4 KB · Views: 193
  • Screenshot_20161128-225947.png
    Screenshot_20161128-225947.png
    84.6 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
Z

zeomal

My jio sim not working properly:confused: it was working fine before but suddenly not getting network
Hey there bud, read [DISCONTINUED] in the title of this thread? That means… it's discontinued. And the developer will not support it.

Your best bet is a clean flash hoping things will patch up if you aren't comfortable tweaking things here and there.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    20479606we.png

Moto G4 and G4 plus are now officially supported by vanir. This thread is of no use now.

Information for Reliance Jio Users on how to activate VoLTE. Follow instructions to the T. Thank you ==vj== for the instructions.
    • Make sure you are on the latest baseband M8952_70009.08.03.48R.
    • Jio SIM should be in slot1.
    • Complete the setup wizard normally after flashing ROM & GAPPS ( flash arm-6-pico if using opengapps ).
    • On CM and Vanir, APN is set to jionet by default. If its not, goto Settings->SIM Cards->SIM1 Settings->Access Point Names and change as follows. Name=jionet, APN=jionet, APN Type=default, APN Protocol=IPv4/IPv6. Click here for screenshots.
    • Goto "SIM CARD" settings and select calling sim as JIO. This can also be done during setup.
    • Select sim1 settings (JIO) & toggle enhanced LTE option enabled. This is required to activate the volte option in dialer. If enhanced VoLTE option doesn't show up, goto APN settings and select Bearer as LTE alone. Then manually select Jio4g from mobile networks. That should enable enhanced LTE option for sure.

Code:
    /* 
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Vanir follows AOSP Upstream and mainly focuses on performance Tuning Android.

Be a part of the Vanir community!
    https://plus.google.com/communities/111378032131473754160

Features
    • Customizable Navbar
    • Customizable Statusbar
    • Customizable Power Menu
    • Customizable Quick Settings Panel
    • Customizable LCD Density
    • Heads Up (floating) Notifications
    • Long Press Quick Settings Header Shortcuts (Long Press Locations: Date, Time, Weather, & Battery)
    • Expanded Desktop Option with Per App Settings
    • Terminal App - Needs to be enable in Developer Settings
    • ScreenShot - Power + Volume Down
    • Advanced Reboot - Enable in Developer Settings
    • QuickBoot - Enable in Developer Settings
    • System Profiles - Turn WiFi, GPS, & other features on or off when you enter or leave trigger wifi signal
    • Hardware Menu with Kernel Processor & I/O scheduler settings
    • CM Themes in Settings
    • Unofficial OTA support

Requirements
    TWRP 3.0.20 build: Recovery TWRP 3.0.2.0 for Moto G4

How to install
    From stock / other custom roms
    1. Copy the ROM zip on your phone
    2. Reboot in TWRP Recovery mode
    3. Backup your phone!
    4. Format/Wipe system, cache, dalvik, data
    5. Flash/Install ROM
    6. Flash Install Gapps (OpenGapps ARM MM Mini or smaller is recommended)
    7. Reboot

Upgrade from previous build ( via OTA )
    1. Download the update using the OTA app
    2. Reboot in TWRP Recovery mode
    3. Format/Wipe only cache, dalvik
    4. Flash/Install ROM
    5. Flash Install Gapps (OpenGapps ARM MM Mini or smaller is recommanded)
    6. Reboot

Downloads

ROM : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1ZbHDX3hq1yU3hhV3pSQlZ1VmM?usp=sharing
    GAPPS : OpenGapps
    RECOVERY : https://dl.twrp.me/athene/

Updates

Updates are provided via OTA. You will be notified when there is an update.

Issues

• Chopchop is buggy

Credits
    Team Vanir
    DHO
    Shreps, vache, ashwin007, elandroido, khaoticking, yeshwanthvshenoy

Sources

https://github.com/boulzordev/android_kernel_motorola_msm8952

XDA:DevDB Information
    Vanir AOSP, ROM for the Motorola G4 and G4 plus

Contributors
    Silesh.Nair
    Source Code: https://github.com/VanirAOSP

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: A custom recovery (TWRP preferrable),ROM and Gapps zip file,knowledge on how to flash zip files.
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2016-10-13
    Last Updated 2016-10-19
    OrionOS

Some important information before you flash.

1. If you are on N soak ROM, you need to flash back M stock rom before you flash OrionOS. This is needed to fix fingerprint. If you don't do this, fp will not work.\
    2. ROM comes with ElementalX kernel built from source. You only need the app to configure it.

You can download it from here. Test it out and let me know if it warrants a separate thread. Updates will be rare as they have moved on to N bringup. Just put it out to test substratum.
    I have always been a custom ROM user. I did flash the N release just to get a feel of Nougat, but I am back on OrionOS.

N based custom Roms are not even booting as of now. I am referring to cm14. Even if it boots, there needs a lot to be done to get it to be a DD. So don't expect one anytime soon.

There are many users including moto staff saying that you will get off the official N path if you flash the soak test. I am not one who believes that. There is also talk that if you downgrade N to M, you will brick your device permanently if you flash the official N release when it hits. I don't believe that either.

If you want stability + few customizations, stay with stock. If you are willing to overlook the odd issue, nothing better than custom Roms.

Orion thread is created. Please move your discussions of orion rom to that thread.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-g4-plus/development/rom-orion-os-v2-7-t3488715
    OrionOS

If someone wants to try, let me know. Based on MM. No CMTE. Substratum OMS.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone