[DISCONTINUED][zippo] LineageOS 18.1 (Android 11) for the Lenovo Z6 Pro

Search This thread

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
@&(*) , for the device firmware of 12.5.365 please refer to the first post as I have the necessary links there for downloading it. That zip can be flashed in either LOS Recovery or TWRP.

As for the sluggish boot animation? There seems to be something going on with our surfaceflinger vs our blobs... tbh I'm unsure of the fix as it is a system-side issue and not our device. Maybe one day I'll be able to figure it out...

&(*)

May 8, 2020
Xperia XZ2
I applied the patches, incuding 12.5.365. I'm just wondering if boot for build 12.5.365 has a revised kernel for 11, or are both 11.5 and 12.5 the same kernel?

&(*)

May 8, 2020
Xperia XZ2
What version is the kernel rebase (uname -r)? I have no reference as to where to find any kernel updates other than evolution x. Will Einar's kernel run Lineage as well (assuming so)? Usually Lineage will include a boot.img which is sometimes both boot and recovery, but all that is available is a recovery with the Lineage build for this device. Are there any updates for the kernel not posted on this thread?

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
This is the kernel that we use on LineageOS 18.1 official builds

Since 18.1 is Android 11? I'd recommend using only A11 kernels and I cannot guarantee other kernels will work as I haven't heard of anyone testing different kernels on LOS.

For boot containing both boot and recovery? That is A/B partitioned devices that don't have a dedicated recovery partition. Newer A/B devices have dedicated recovery_a and recovery_b partitions. I think this change happened on devices that launched with Android 11 or higher.

&(*)

May 8, 2020
Xperia XZ2
Since 18.1 is Android 11? I'd recommend using only A11 kernels and I cannot guarantee other kernels will work as I haven't heard of anyone testing different kernels on LOS.
Where does the kernel rebase come into play if there isn't a boot.img for install with LineageOS?

Another issue: I'm noticing there is no way to get a call to output on the earpiece during conversation, only the loudspeaker. There is a fix for it posted here: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_oneplus_sdm845-common/+/326701/ . Chipset is different, but I imagine fixing the output during a call issue will be something similar. Please have a look when you get a chance; otherwise, the Lineage build you have put together is excellent.

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
LineageOS uses payload.bin for newer versions just like AOSP does. WIthin payload.bin is all the partition images.

Do you mean volume adjustment for the earpiece? Looking at our ZUI 12.5.365 stock ROM it seems Lenovo doesn't define any custom value. It could be that Lenovo run a custom volume curve which we may need to also do. I'll try to check into it when I have the time.

Tbh? I focus my efforts on LineageOS 19 now as I don't have a lot of spare time to work on my Android devices, so I can add them to my KLOS 19 test builds in the future if I come up with a solution.

&(*)

May 8, 2020
Xperia XZ2
Do you mean volume adjustment for the earpiece? Looking at our ZUI 12.5.365 stock ROM it seems Lenovo doesn't define any custom value. It could be that Lenovo run a custom volume curve which we may need to also do. I'll try to check into it when I have the time.
I forgot all about the .bin bundling for installing roms since AOSP 11. Thanks for the clarification there.
I managed to fix the sound issue always coming out of the loudspeaker instead of defaulting to the earpiece. I had to remove AudioFX and wipe cache and dalvik to get the mixer_paths profile back to default. Thanks for the heads-up about 19.1; I'm not that enthused as it will require an unlocked bootloader, unlike 18.1.

Reactions: ThE_MarD

Josean71

Mar 10, 2021
LineageOS uses payload.bin for newer versions just like AOSP does. WIthin payload.bin is all the partition images.

Tbh? I focus my efforts on LineageOS 19 now as I don't have a lot of spare time to work on my Android devices, so I can add them to my KLOS 19 test builds in the future if I come up with a solution.
Hello, I know you don't like that we ask when a rom is published, but approximate date, please. Don't get mad, when does LOS 19 come out?

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
@Josean71 , tbh? I have zero idea when LOS 19.1 goes official lol, I'm just a device maintainer. I'm not part of the LOS team so they probably know when they want to ship. I'm very happy with how zippo and heart are, so I'll probably soon add them to the LOS 19.1 ship device list. (y)

The only real achilles heel is the locked bootloader ignoring vbmeta disabled state... so locked bootloader probably won't work for us oof...

SalesPC-BG

Apr 20, 2022
Hello, I have a problem with the flash of twrp locked bootloader, it says that everything is installed normally, the phone restarts but it is still with the stock recovery.
Lenovo does not send me the file so I can unlock the bootloader, so I want to install the rum with the bootloader locked. The stock firmware is 11.0.405 ST. Please help :)

SalesPC-BG

Apr 20, 2022
hello again :) from lenovo I'm waiting for the second week I sent a request twice. this is a log from the installation of twrp through QFIL

Attachments

• log.log
    24.5 KB · Views: 3

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Heyyo, oh, I just realized you're trying the QFIL TWRP locked bootloader method. Once QFIL is complete? Please immediately reboot to recovery. Hold down power and volume up and from bootloader menu select reboot to recovery. Rebooting to system will just cause ZUI to overwrite the recovery partition with ZUI recovery. Once you successfully booted to TWRP? It will write itself permanently there so ZUI can't remove it.

SalesPC-BG

Apr 20, 2022
Heyyo, oh, I just realized you're trying the QFIL TWRP locked bootloader method. Once QFIL is complete? Please immediately reboot to recovery. Hold down power and volume up and from bootloader menu select reboot to recovery. Rebooting to system will just cause ZUI to overwrite the recovery partition with ZUI recovery. Once you successfully booted to TWRP? It will write itself permanently there so ZUI can't remove it.
Hello, things don't happen to me :) after installing twrp with the volume down button and power I enter the bootlader then I give a restart recovery, the phone restarts and returns me to the bootlader.

Last edited:

kaliw1

Jan 19, 2016
Lenovo Z6 Pro
Cześć, co się dzieje z aktualizacją 18.1? czy to jest koniec

Po aktualizacji do 19.1 nic nie stracę z telefonu?

Cześć, o co chodzi z aktualizacją 18.1? czy to jest koniec?
Po aktualizacji na 19.1 ni stracę nic z telefonu?

kaliw1

Jan 19, 2016
Lenovo Z6 Pro
Linia odzyskiwania flash Fastboot-19.1-20220507-nightly-zippo-signed.img

Co robię źle, zawiodłem

Mod translation via GT:
Fastboot-19.1-20220507-nightly-zippo-signed.img flash recovery line

What am I doing wrong, I have failed

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restores the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
    #include

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

SUPPORTED DEVICES

- zippo (L78051)

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS WITH LINEAGE RECOVERY

- Make sure your phone is running firmware from at least cn 12.5.332. If not? Please download and install it via recovery. It can be flashed before the ROM

If you want to follow the official instructions for bootloader unlock? Please go to the LineageOS Wiki here:
    https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/zippo/install

If you want to preserve a locked bootloader? Download and follow the instructions in this zip and then follow the official wiki instructions but skip the bootloader unlock section.

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS WITH LINEAGE RECOVERY

Please follow the official instructions on the LineageOS Wiki here:
    https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/zippo/update

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS WITH TWRP

If you want to preserve a locked bootloader? Please check TWRP downloads for bootloader locked. Otherwise please follow the bootloader unlock instructions on the LineageOS Wiki.

- Make sure your phone is running firmware from at least cn 12.5.332. If not? Please download and install it via recovery. It can be flashed before the ROM

- Download the LineageOS and firmware zips. (see Downloads)

- Boot into TWRP.

- Copy the downloaded zip files to internal sdcard.

- Perform a backup of your current ROM. (Optional)

- RECOMMENDED: Do a factory reset (clean wipe)! No support if you didn't! (Wipe Dalvik, system, cache and format data)

- NOTE: If coming from stock ROM? You MUST format data (Wipe > tap "Format Data" button > type "yes" > keyboard checkbox)

- Flash firmware and LineageOS zips.

- Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package. (see Downloads)

- Reboot to system.

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS WITH TWRP

- Download the LineageOS zip(s). (see Downloads)

- Copy the LineageOS zip to internal sdcard.

- Reboot to TWRP.

- Flash LineageOS. (Wiping Dalvik and Cache is optional, but recommended)

- Reboot to system.

MAIN DOWNLOADS

TWRP for zippo: Official

TWRP for bootloader locked:

Lineage:

- Official 18.1:
    https://download.lineageos.org/zippo

- Unofficial 18.1:
    https://osdn.net/projects/lineageos-for-zippo/releases/p17614

- Lineage Recovery for bootloader locked:

GOOGLE APPS (GAPPS) DOWNLOADS

- MindTheGapps:
    http://downloads.codefi.re/jdcteam/javelinanddart/gapps

GOOGLE CAMERA (GCAM) DOWNLOADS

Google Camera:

Recommended version:

https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-wichaya/f/dl5/

Recommended config:

https://osdn.net/projects/lineageos-for-zippo/releases/76575

FIRMWARE DOWNLOADS

Minimum required versions:

- zippo (L78051) cn 12.5.365

DEVELOPER RESOURCES

HOW TO CONTRIBUTE

Send your patches up for review: https://review.lineageos.org/

Read the guides on the LineageOS Wiki: https://wiki.lineageos.org/

Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

DONATIONS

Heyyo, allow me to introduce myself. I am Marc "ThE_MarD" Bourgoin and I maintain LineageOS and TWRP for the LeEco Le Max 2 (X2) and was crowdfunded a zippo which I will maintain LineageOS for (with selinux enforcing of course) and maybe assist with TWRP later. I also own an Asus Zenfone 5z (Z01R) which I maintain LineageOS for (and plan to maintain TWRP) and I was also donated a Motorola Moto X4 (Payton) which I maintain LineageOS and TWRP for.

I'd like to take this moment to also thank anyone who donated to the crowdfunding campaign for my zippo! Without you? I wouldn't have this epic device in my hands to work on. (y)

Also MAJOR thanks to Zhenxiang Chen (aka pasta_con_tonno, Lucchetto) for all the amazing work he has done on zippo.

Special thanks goes out to Einar Gednochsson (aka kanstmablason, pete80pro) for organizing the crowdfunding campaign for my zippo and also a new one for KuranKaname so he can revamp our kernel.

Thanks also to hypnz, chema f, gawin and Lucky for also working in zippo and to HighwayStar who started the initial trees for heart (Lenovo z5 Pro GT) which zippo trees are based upon and Art_Chen for working on heart and zippo and also bringing us FOD Dimming and DC Dimming. :)

Thanks again to Zhenxiang and Chema f for figuring out and implementing the QFIL recovery and vbmeta while keeping the bootloader locked
    KNOWN BUGS
    • SafetyNet does not pass (Unfortunately, this is not possible as your SoC has hardware attestation... the workaround is to use unsupported mods like Magisk which tbh I haven't tried myself as I don't root my devices, but other users said that plus the SafetyNet Magisk mod works)
    Heyyo, a new test build is going up! I'm uploading it meow so it will be ready in about 10 minutes and as always the link is in the first post. lineage-18.1-20210517-UNOFFICIAL-zippo contains compatibility fixes for ZuiCamera and also fixed Miracast / WiFi Display so both audio and video work on it.
    Heyyo, a new test build is going up! I'm uploading it meow as well so it'll be ready within 10 minutes of this post and link is in the first post. lineage-18.1-20210511-UNOFFICIAL-zippo contains some selinux enforcing fixes for the LiveDisplay Sunlight Enhancement and Anti Flicker, plus another few selinux denial fixes for our sensors and for WiFi Display (I'm currently unable to test WFD though as I'm not at home) and also a required overlay for our fingerprint sensor so that apps can use it.