Search This thread

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restores the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
#include

/*

* Your warranty is now void.

* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,

* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please

* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM

* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if

* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

*/

SUPPORTED DEVICES

- ZS620KL (Asus Zenfone 5z)

- ZS621KL (Asus Zenfone 5z)

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS WITH LINEAGE RECOVERY

Please follow the official LineageOS Wiki instructions for our device

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS WITH LINEAGE RECOVERY

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS WITH TWRP

- Unlock the bootloader and install TWRP.

- Download LineageOS. (see Downloads)

- Boot into TWRP.

- Copy the downloaded zip files to the internal SD card.

- Perform a backup of your current ROM. (Optional)

- NOTE! If you're coming from stock ROM? You MUST format data. Wipe > "Format Data" button > type "yes" > keyboard checkbox

- RECOMMENDED: Do a factory reset (clean wipe)! No support if you didn't! (Wipe System, Cache and Data)

- Flash LineageOS zip.

- Flash TWRP installer zip.

- Reboot to TWRP.

- Optional: Install the Google Apps add-on package. (see Downloads)

- Reboot to system.

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS WITH TWRP

- Download the LineageOS zip(s). (see Downloads)

- Copy the LineageOS zip to the internal SD card.

- Reboot to TWRP.

- Flash LineageOS. (Wiping Cache is optional, but recommended)

- Reboot to TWRP.

- Reboot to system.

MAIN DOWNLOADS

Lineage:

- Official:

- Unofficial:

https://osdn.net/projects/lineageos-for-z01r/releases/p17823

TWRP for Z01R: Unofficial:

GOOGLE APPS (GAPPS) DOWNLOADS

GOOGLE CAMERA (GCAM) DOWNLOADS

Google Camera:

5z's configuration can be found in his configs:

DEVELOPER RESOURCES

HOW TO CONTRIBUTE?

Send your patches up for review: https://review.lineageos.org/

Read the guides on the LineageOS Wiki: https://wiki.lineageos.org/

Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

Last edited:

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Features over Stock
FM Radio, File-Based Encryption (which allows power-off Alarm to actually work and no annoying PIN prompt half-ways through boot), QTI Bluetooth stack

KNOWN BUGS
  • ViLTE does not work
  • 4K UHD Video recording does not work in LineageOS Snap Camera app. (A workaround is to use other camera apps like OpenCamera or Gcam Mods)
  • Touch sometimes doesn't work in Lineage Recovery. The workaround is to use the volume buttons to move around the menu and power to select or to reboot to recovery.
  • SafetyNet does not pass (Unfortunately, this is not possible as your SoC has hardware attestation... the workaround is to use unsupported mods like Magisk which tbh I haven't tried myself as I don't root my devices, but other users said that plus the SafetyNet Magisk mod works)
Frequently Asked Questions
  • Is there a different way to unlock the bootloader than the Asus official method? You can try the unofficial bootloader unlock here

Last edited:
Reactions: Ajaypadhy90

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Heyyo, LineageOS 18.1 for Z01R public beta test build is up! lineage-18.1-20210411-UNOFFICIAL-Z01R has QTI Bluetooth! NFC! WiFi Display! WiFi Hostspot! Source-built Vendor! Selinux Enforcing! File-Based Encryption! It's all working good.

Spassbremse

Apr 11, 2021
Hi There,
nice to read we'll get 18.1 on our device !

Is this beta okay to use on my only daily driver phone ? or should i better wait ?
& Which vendor-patch-level is it ?

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Heyyo @Spassbremse from my tests so far she's very stable and I plan to daily drive it for a few days just to be safe. I went through the logcat and already fixed a lot of things just to ensure she's stable. There are a few more minor upgrades I'd want to do later on, but I'm super happy with the result that we currently have. (y)

Tbh vendor patch level is just a suggestion lol... there's no way to check if someone lied or not about it. Technically the vendor security patch level should be based on the device's firmware and the vendor blobs. Ours is based upon stock ROM UL-Z01R-WW-100.10.107.123-user so I set our vendor security patch level to 2021-01-05.

I've seen other people set theirs to whatever date is on for just a few blobs kanged from a different device, but that's technically lying as the device firmware and other parts of the blobs would still be an earlier date... so what I'm saying is? Don't trust vendor security patch level. The most important part anyways is the system security patch level and selinux enforcing and avoid keeping root (like Magisk) on your device as root is a security bypass. I've seen vulnerabilities in the past to gatekeeper and keymaster that could allow an attacker to bypass lockscreen security that could only be achieved if the attacker had access to root... so yeah, I never install Magisk on my Z01R. 🙅‍♂️

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Heyyo, another new test build is going up! lineage-18.1-20210412-UNOFFICIAL-Z01R contains updates from Nokia 8.1 Android 11 release for GPS, IMS, QMI and RIL. Maybe it's just me, but LTE+ seems to be working better. 👍

I haven't had time yet to check into if it's possible to force ViLTE support though

Reactions: Dragonkind

Dragonkind

Aug 4, 2012
Chureki
Excuse me, is call recording enabled on LineageOS 18.1 now? It's one of the attractive but rare function from the stock firmware.

aLLyC

Sep 7, 2010
Well done, the phone deserves this. Asus is still insisting on 2 versions android support policy, but thanks to you, hope find more contribution for the project for the bugs.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThE_MarD

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Heyyo @aLLyC , thank you for the kind words! I definitely love my Asus Zenfone 5z and our LineageOS 18.1 builds for her are already in better shape than 17.1! Only a matter of time before those official builds will be a thing (y)

One the Hudson promote Z01R to 18.1 gets merged? Our next build will be 18.1 w00t!

Last edited:
Reactions: aLLyC

aLLyC

Sep 7, 2010
Do you think that this version supports ethernet tethering ? I am using USB-C Ethernet Adapter, however Zen failed to work with directly routers wan port while sammy gets it is done with Android11.

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Heyyo, w00t! We were approved! Our next official build for LineageOS will be for 18.1! Meow I only have my Lenovo Z6 Pro left to get official builds hehe (y)

@aLLyC , I'll ask Kailash as he's the Z01R kernel guy as tbh I'm unsure what changes we would need in the kernel to support USB devices (afaik it's the kernel only that needs the adjustments???)

Reactions: aLLyC

aLLyC

Sep 7, 2010
Great!! normally it supports ethernet connects an node but not tethering... thanks!
Sammy UI has a seperate option for the feature under tethering menu in note series in Android 11

Thank you for your development effort towards Zenfone 5Z. I'm interested in installing your ROM as it has encryption enabled.

Does this support copying text from recents(Pixel feature drop)?

Also does it support VoWiFi on Jio(Indian carrier) that was given to stock Zen UI in its penultimate update? I'm on Evo11 (OSS vendor) and it has VoWiFi support for the aforementioned carrier.

Thanks again.

--- Edit ---
VoWiFi works on Jio without problems.

Last edited:

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Heyyo @nnmanobala thanks man! Yeah encryption is important to me, so I made sure we support File-Based Encryption as AOSP has depreciated Full-Disk Encryption that our stock ROM used.

Tbh I'm unsure for that feature as I think it requires the launcher support it... So maybe those who use Pixel Launcher could answer this question?

For VoWiFi? I can't test that as I'm in Canada where they block VoLTE, ViLTE and VoWiFi on BYOD as they consider those "premium features... So no idea tbh if it works. Do you know if by chance it worked or not on LineageOS 17.1?

tooth fairy

Nov 14, 2018
Hi !
I just got the new 18.1 lineage running on my phone ! Thanxs a lot for your work !!
Feels faster than the 17.1 .

I just can't figure out how to reactivate the "Screenshot" in the Power-(Button)-Menu.
Can Someone pls help or point me to a good source of Lineage Dokumentation ??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restores the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
    #include

/*

* Your warranty is now void.

* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,

* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please

* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM

* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if

* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

*/

SUPPORTED DEVICES

- ZS620KL (Asus Zenfone 5z)

- ZS621KL (Asus Zenfone 5z)

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS WITH LINEAGE RECOVERY

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS WITH LINEAGE RECOVERY

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS WITH TWRP

- Unlock the bootloader and install TWRP.

- Download LineageOS. (see Downloads)

- Boot into TWRP.

- Copy the downloaded zip files to the internal SD card.

- Perform a backup of your current ROM. (Optional)

- NOTE! If you're coming from stock ROM? You MUST format data. Wipe > "Format Data" button > type "yes" > keyboard checkbox

- RECOMMENDED: Do a factory reset (clean wipe)! No support if you didn't! (Wipe System, Cache and Data)

- Flash LineageOS zip.

- Flash TWRP installer zip.

- Reboot to TWRP.

- Reboot to system.

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS WITH TWRP

- Download the LineageOS zip(s). (see Downloads)

- Copy the LineageOS zip to the internal SD card.

- Reboot to TWRP.

- Flash LineageOS. (Wiping Cache is optional, but recommended)

- Reboot to TWRP.

- Reboot to system.

MAIN DOWNLOADS

Lineage:

- Official:

- Unofficial:

https://osdn.net/projects/lineageos-for-z01r/releases/p17823

TWRP for Z01R: Unofficial:

GOOGLE APPS (GAPPS) DOWNLOADS

GOOGLE CAMERA (GCAM) DOWNLOADS

Google Camera:

5z's configuration can be found in his configs:

DEVELOPER RESOURCES

HOW TO CONTRIBUTE?

Send your patches up for review: https://review.lineageos.org/

Read the guides on the LineageOS Wiki: https://wiki.lineageos.org/

Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Heyyo, I just realized that the first official build of LineageOS 18.1 is up for Z01R! w00t! Thread updated (y)
    Heyyo, a new test build is going up! Link as always for test builds are in the first post. lineage-18.1-20210814-UNOFFICIAL-Z01R contains some changes to hopefully get WiFi Calling working on all Indian carriers that support it, but since I can't test it? I cannot guarantee it works... so I need people to test and please report back

@whatever271 that is a system ROM change which tbh is something I don't touch since I don't know enough about that lol... I only modify the device/vendor trees and sometimes kernel
    Heyyo, so the latest official build includes a fix I merged for those who were on LinwageOS 18.1 then downgraded to stock Oreo ZenUI then came back to LOS 18.1, as there was an issue with sehash of persist partition which didn't exist in pre-Android 10 ROMs so meow all sensors (including fingerprint) will guaranteed work.

Also, I'm requesting a new official build of TWRP for our device that has support for FBE decryption and is rebased on Android 10 as our current TWRP is only Android 9. (y)
    I'm using my banking app no problems.

Google pay is NOT working though. YMMV, I guess if your bank is as strict as google pay is it will not work

Ah well I guess have to use online banking if it doesnt workout :)
    Thanks for the reply

Hey i am using Banking apps and Google Pay, all work pretty much fine and i dont have any issue with any of them