[DISCONTINUED][ZS620KL] LineageOS 18.1 (Android 11) for the Asus Zenfone 5z

Search This thread

tartutic07

Jun 19, 2011
Asus Zenfone 5Z
Just a quick one, is NFC for contact less payments (gpay) working in this ROM.?
I am on another ROM where NFC is not working. And u miss it for contact less payments

h1ghn3zZ

Aug 14, 2013
Thanks to @ThE_MarD for continuing this wonderful work. I was on the 17.1 ROM and was about to give up using this phone at the beginning of the year when Asus stopped giving out vendor security patches. Then, this ROM gives new life to my phone.

So far, i did not experience any problems. Banking apps (where i have accounts) and Gpay are also working fine.

I use Gcam which is also working fine. Battery drain is minimal.

Reactions: ThE_MarD

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Heyyo @h1ghn3zZ I'm super glad you're enjoying this! This is just a fun hobby for me since I have a family and I don't have time to sit down and play video games for hours on end lol... but achieving things on AOSP is definitely more rewarding as others get to enjoy the result of my hobby too. :)

Tbh vendor security patch number is fluff lol... technically? It encompasses device firmware as well, but there isn't a good way to test vendor security patch level like there is for system security patch level as a lot of vendor portions have proprietary code (especially the bootloader), so there's no way to determine if vendors are outright lying about their vendor security patch level and missing security patches. o_O

The only serious security flaw I remember with vendor was long ago where qseecomd could be exploited if a rogue apk was granted root permissions and it could bypass security passwords... but our device is so new that it doesn't apply to us... but still, root is a major security flaw anyways, as the whole idea behind it is administrative access and bypassing selinux (Security Enhanced Linux), so not having root on your device and keeping up to date on system security patches and proper selinux enforcing are great ways to keep your device secure, afterwards? It's pretty much avoiding sketchy downloads and apk's (as sometimes pirate modded apks can carry the risk of security exploits too). That's why all I do with my devices is LineageOS and GApps. If I need root for testing changes to my devices? I only use adb root from my PC and then when I'm done I reboot my device.

h1ghn3zZ

Aug 14, 2013
Thanks for the reply and comments @ThE_MarD , specially the in-depth info on security.

In my previous years, i was naïve and foolishly install pirate modded apk's. Of course, in those days, i used my phone for gaming, mostly, so security was of little concern.

But now, i use my phone for important business work as well as financial matters. So, security is a top priority. That is why, i never root my phone even if i use custom roms. Although i test different roms, i always decided to use LOS for my daily driver, as soon as it becomes Official. I made sure that the phones i bought receive LOS and never settle for those high-specs, but low cost devices which flooded the market nowadays.

h1ghn3zZ

Aug 14, 2013
I can't really comment on that because i rarely use my phone for listening to music or watch movies etc.

Anyway, i just want to mention here that its been a breeze using this ROM as my daily driver

tartutic07

Jun 19, 2011
Asus Zenfone 5Z
So I get an error when setting up the Google pay. Anyone else facing this issue?
Screenshot_20210916-203813_Google_Play_services.png

D

Deleted member 11587027

The fingerprint drivers are messed up in this 100.10.107.123 update. But 100.10.107.110 had proper fingerprint drivers.
Could you look into the issue? It usually happens when my palms tends to become sweaty or oily sometimes.
Use the drivers from 100.10.107.110 to resolve it.

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Heyyo @tartutic07 , here is a guide that I saw on heart (Lenovo Z5 Pro GT) in order to pass that but I haven't tried it as I've haven't used Magisk or mods in years...

Google Pay - Lineage OS 18.1 - 16/09/2021 - Working

I have made a purchase in an actual shop for goods using Google Pay on Heart. My device has a locked Bootloader.

These are the steps I took.
1. Install Magisk
2. Hide the Magisk app
3. Turn on MagiskHide (I did nothing more than this, I didn't hide any other apps rather than those set by default, you may need to hide your bank apps if you have them installed, but I cannot confirm this)
4. Install MagiskHidePropsConf - reboot
5. Install a terminal app (I used Termix)
6. Open terminal and type props (if you're using Termix run su first to grant permissions)
7. Follow institutions https://github.com/Magisk-Modules-Repo/MagiskHidePropsConf/blob/master/README.md#usage I chose the "Edit device fingerprint" option and selected the Pixel 5 as the device id.
8. I cleared data for Google Play Services and Google Play Store and rebooted
9. when you open Google Pay you should be able to add card
10. Go to shop, consume. :)

@mahafa , tbh this is the first I've heard of FP issues due to drivers, but I can make a test build with downgraded ones from v100 just to see if it helps. I'm on night shift right meow, but once I get some spare time I'll make the build.

Reactions: tartutic07

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
@mahafa , I just checked our vendor blobs and the fingerprint drivers haven't changed since 100.10.107.92, so I'm not quite sure what your problem is sorry. You could backup all your important data off of your device and flash a fastboot ROM onto your device of the stock ROM and test if that .123 build the fingerprint sensor works ok or if .107 is the good one?

You can see here, Dec 19, 2020 we imported from .92 and then only modified those blobs to work with our source-built vendor

The only blobs that changed on 123 was a few minor blobs unrelated to FP

D

Deleted member 11587027

@mahafa , I just checked our vendor blobs and the fingerprint drivers haven't changed since 100.10.107.92, so I'm not quite sure what your problem is sorry. You could backup all your important data off of your device and flash a fastboot ROM onto your device of the stock ROM and test if that .123 build the fingerprint sensor works ok or if .107 is the good one?

You can see here, Dec 19, 2020 we imported from .92 and then only modified those blobs to work with our source-built vendor

The only blobs that changed on 123 was a few minor blobs unrelated to FP
Oh ok, then it's only my issue because for me it started with official asus firmware 100.10.107.123 and official lineage builds so I thought its because of 100.10.107.123 firmware and it's blobs.

I think I have to be more careful that dirt doesn't get in to fp sensor and make sure my hands are dry. It's very rare that it happens.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restores the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
    #include

/*

* Your warranty is now void.

* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,

* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please

* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM

* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if

* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

*/

SUPPORTED DEVICES

- ZS620KL (Asus Zenfone 5z)

- ZS621KL (Asus Zenfone 5z)

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS WITH LINEAGE RECOVERY

Please follow the official LineageOS Wiki instructions for our device

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS WITH LINEAGE RECOVERY

Please follow the official LineageOS Wiki instructions for our device

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS WITH TWRP

- Unlock the bootloader and install TWRP.

- Download LineageOS. (see Downloads)

- Boot into TWRP.

- Copy the downloaded zip files to the internal SD card.

- Perform a backup of your current ROM. (Optional)

- NOTE! If you're coming from stock ROM? You MUST format data. Wipe > "Format Data" button > type "yes" > keyboard checkbox

- RECOMMENDED: Do a factory reset (clean wipe)! No support if you didn't! (Wipe System, Cache and Data)

- Flash LineageOS zip.

- Flash TWRP installer zip.

- Reboot to TWRP.

- Optional: Install the Google Apps add-on package. (see Downloads)

- Reboot to system.

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS WITH TWRP

- Download the LineageOS zip(s). (see Downloads)

- Copy the LineageOS zip to the internal SD card.

- Reboot to TWRP.

- Flash LineageOS. (Wiping Cache is optional, but recommended)

- Reboot to TWRP.

- Optional: Install the Google Apps add-on package. (see Downloads)

- Reboot to system.

MAIN DOWNLOADS

Lineage:

- Official:

- Unofficial:

https://osdn.net/projects/lineageos-for-z01r/releases/p17823

TWRP for Z01R: Unofficial:

GOOGLE APPS (GAPPS) DOWNLOADS

GOOGLE CAMERA (GCAM) DOWNLOADS

Google Camera:

5z's configuration can be found in his configs:

DEVELOPER RESOURCES

HOW TO CONTRIBUTE?

Send your patches up for review: https://review.lineageos.org/

Read the guides on the LineageOS Wiki: https://wiki.lineageos.org/

Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Heyyo, I just realized that the first official build of LineageOS 18.1 is up for Z01R! w00t! Thread updated (y)
    Heyyo, a new test build is going up! Link as always for test builds are in the first post. lineage-18.1-20210814-UNOFFICIAL-Z01R contains some changes to hopefully get WiFi Calling working on all Indian carriers that support it, but since I can't test it? I cannot guarantee it works... so I need people to test and please report back

@whatever271 that is a system ROM change which tbh is something I don't touch since I don't know enough about that lol... I only modify the device/vendor trees and sometimes kernel
    Heyyo, so the latest official build includes a fix I merged for those who were on LinwageOS 18.1 then downgraded to stock Oreo ZenUI then came back to LOS 18.1, as there was an issue with sehash of persist partition which didn't exist in pre-Android 10 ROMs so meow all sensors (including fingerprint) will guaranteed work.

Also, I'm requesting a new official build of TWRP for our device that has support for FBE decryption and is rebased on Android 10 as our current TWRP is only Android 9. (y)
    I'm using my banking app no problems.

Google pay is NOT working though. YMMV, I guess if your bank is as strict as google pay is it will not work

Ah well I guess have to use online banking if it doesnt workout :)
    Thanks for the reply

Hey i am using Banking apps and Google Pay, all work pretty much fine and i dont have any issue with any of them