Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

skhaled

May 12, 2009
I'm new to firestick TV. just pushed backup.zip to firestick\sdcard folder
how do I load contents in fire stick ?

YB g

Jul 3, 2016
Promoting video piracy much?! A fully setup kodi mmm sure kodi.tv guys would not like it either! Shame on this site :(

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
@TheFixItMan, not compatible with KK device :crying: :crying: :crying:

hmm worked ok on my kitkat and lollipop phone
note fire stick is JB but should work on any android armv7 device

Can I add your Repo to the FireTuner tool? Then it will be much easier to install it for the most users. http://xdaforums.com/fire-tv/themes-apps/app-firetuner-tool-t3409249

sure although the apps are a bit outdated now - haven't used it for a while but sure go through the apps and see
Its not a repo though - its a zip backup that you restore but feel free to do what you like with it

Last edited:

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
Do you by any chance have an update file?

Same here, definitely no good anymore

@TheFixItMan, not compatible with KK device :crying: :crying: :crying:

The repo address had changed - try with the new repo address (added to first post) to add the repo to enable you to add the backup app to restore but please note my backup is now a year old so it will need updating and same apps may no longer work - use the power of google and youtube to find updated sources

Would the backup.zip file work for android 5.1.1? If so, is there an updated backup.zip?

works on any armv7 device so yes

hot0m

The repo address had changed - try with the new repo address (added to first post) to add the repo to enable you to add the backup app to restore but please note my backup is now a year old so it will need updating and same apps may no longer work - use the power of google and youtube to find updated sources

works on any armv7 device so yes

Thank you TheFixItMan for your reply

NiMaD83

Dec 2, 2013
This is probably where it would be but i cannot find it. Could someone link me for guidance on getting Kodi to show on the main screen of my Fire TV 2?

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
This is probably where it would be but i cannot find it. Could someone link me for guidance on getting Kodi to show on the main screen of my Fire TV 2?

once you have installed it via adb (or if you already have a web browser and file manager installed you can just download it and install it straight onto the box) you can either

Go to the settings menu
applications
find kodi
click launch application

or
you can download an alternative amazon app store app via the power of google if you want it on the home screen app launcher

or
you can try this app
AppStarter by sphinx02

Last edited:

NiMaD83

Dec 2, 2013
once you have installed it via adb (or if you already have a web browser and file manager installed you can just download it and install it straight onto the box) you can either

Go to the settings menu
applications
find kodi
click launch application

or
you can download an alternative amazon app store app via the power of google if you want it on the home screen app launcher

or
you can try this app
AppStarter by sphinx02

1st option does not bring the app to the main screen just buried in the managed installed apps folder.

2nd option - a little confused here by what you mean. Somehow install google play and download kodi from there and it shows on the front page with the recent used apps?

3rd option - I think i've had this before but it doesn't add the app to the front page of the normal fire tv gui it uses its own launcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Random repo created by a random user? What could possibly go wrong?

What on earth are you talking about

1 - its not a random repo - its a backup of my setup which includes all the best & most common repos and add-ons - install on a fresh version of kodi and you will have pretty much everything setup in a few mins ready to go - saves you adding every repo manually & installing everything yourself

2 - I'm not a random user - I'm a recognised contributer to xda - I post useful & meaning stuff

If you choose not to use it or its not something you need just move on please
    My Build Wizard

This is my custom setup that has all the popular addons and repos and fully tested based on the silencerom skin optimized for the fire stick.

Recommended clean install of Kodi 15.2

To install-
    1. Goto file manager under system then add source
    2. Input this URL http://firetvguru.x10.mx/fire then choose done
    3. Choose ok (it will auto fill the name)
    4. Go back to the kodi main screen
    5. Choose System then Addons
    6. Choose install from zip
    7. Choose the fire folder then plugin.program.fire.zip
    8. Go back to the kodi main screen
    9. Choose Program the program addons then choose fire wizard
    10. Choose Fire TV Wizard then Fire TV Builds
    11. Choose Fire TV Build or Fire TV Build Adult Content ( GUI fix is for the skin if it resets )
    12. Wait for it to download and extract then agree with the prompts and force close Kodi
    13. Open Kodi
    14. :D ENJOY!!! :D
    I didn't see your post count, so sorry about that.

BUT, people need to stop replying "if you don't like it, move along." It's a discussion board after all. EVERYTHING should be checked for validity, not just taken as word of God

Indeed that's why you should try it before commenting or judging

I'm all up for discussion but I don't like things like this is better than that or negative comments which aren't constructive eg doesn't work as the user hasn't said why or given any information about errors and so on so it's not a useful comment
    Updated with an easy to install wizard from my repo - You can now install the build in a few clicks!