• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[DISCONTIUNED][ROM][11][UNOFFICIAL] Spark OS

Search This thread

Alex1911

Aug 13, 2013
OnePlus 9 Pro
@erikdrozina
Hello,
i experienced a Bluetooth-(Sound) Bug where after some Playback no sound was present, restarting fixes this issue temporialy. (Second Log)
I also experienced a freeze but they are somehow fewer as on OctaviOS (First Log)

Logs a given per Drive-Link which i sent you earlier.

Ps: Battery Drain is a little bit higher than usual but so far the Rom works pretty good ٩(◕‿◕。)۶

Best Regards

Alex1911

Last edited:
Reactions: erikdrozina

Oogwaysmash

Jan 21, 2018
Having a bunch of issues trying to get Magisk installed and working. I've tried to follow their guide on github but not sure how to get ramdisk to show yes. Phone still showing as rooted in my company portal. Since this phone doesn't have ramdisk magisk has to be insatlled on the recovery partition. I did that and got into a fastboot loop and had to wipe my phone. Does anyone have some good instructions on a proper install of magisk?

I'm on OrangeFox, and flashing Spark, Nikgapps core, pixel setup wizard, and magisk v23 in that order. For some reason, if I try to install Magisk this way, my phone just keeps booting into recovery. Tried wiping cache after install as well.

So what I had to do was flash everything but magisk. Let the phone boot up, install magisk apk, reboot to recovery, and flash magisk v23. But then ramdisk shows no, safety net fails, and company portal still shows phone as rooted. Even after using magisk hide.

Anyone have a proper way to do this?

erikdrozina

Jan 12, 2021
erikdrozina.com
Having a bunch of issues trying to get Magisk installed and working. I've tried to follow their guide on github but not sure how to get ramdisk to show yes. Phone still showing as rooted in my company portal. Since this phone doesn't have ramdisk magisk has to be insatlled on the recovery partition. I did that and got into a fastboot loop and had to wipe my phone. Does anyone have some good instructions on a proper install of magisk?

I'm on OrangeFox, and flashing Spark, Nikgapps core, pixel setup wizard, and magisk v23 in that order. For some reason, if I try to install Magisk this way, my phone just keeps booting into recovery. Tried wiping cache after install as well.

So what I had to do was flash everything but magisk. Let the phone boot up, install magisk apk, reboot to recovery, and flash magisk v23. But then ramdisk shows no, safety net fails, and company portal still shows phone as rooted. Even after using magisk hide.

Anyone have a proper way to do this?
just flash as usual and boot into the rom first.
then once you have booted download magisk v23 apk and rename it to zip (ex. magisk.apk -> magisk.zip)
then reboot into recovery and flash the magisk.zip and you have root

Oogwaysmash

Jan 21, 2018
just flash as usual and boot into the rom first.
then once you have booted download magisk v23 apk and rename it to zip (ex. magisk.apk -> magisk.zip)
then reboot into recovery and flash the magisk.zip and you have root
I'll try it again but that's what I did this past install. Only difference was it was an older version. V21.1

Oogwaysmash

Jan 21, 2018
I'll try it again but that's what I did this past install. Only difference was it was an older version. V21.1
Followed your steps to the letter, and my Outlook still recognized the device as rooted.

So after that I opened up the Magisk app and it asked me to install the latest version. Saying I was on 1.0 and that it wanted to install v23. Installed to see if that made a difference but no luck. Tried using Magisk hide but still no luck.

I've attached what it looks like in Magisk and RootSU - Notice ramdisk is still showing no

Attachments

• P_20210904_164034_vHDR_Auto.jpg
    P_20210904_164034_vHDR_Auto.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 39
  • P_20210904_164016_vHDR_Auto.jpg
    P_20210904_164016_vHDR_Auto.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:

erikdrozina

Jan 12, 2021
erikdrozina.com
Followed your steps to the letter, and my Outlook still recognized the device as rooted.

So after that I opened up the Magisk app and it asked me to install the latest version. Saying I was on 1.0 and that it wanted to install v23. Installed to see if that made a difference but no luck. Tried using Magisk hide but still no luck.

I've attached what it looks like in Magisk and RootSU - Notice ramdisk is still showing no
Magisk hide died recently due to Google so CTS may fail for some users on certain roms

HalArcane

Apr 23, 2019
Tokyo
LG V30
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
Edited post.

I was able finally to boot and and install.

Big fan of this rom as of now, although not completely functional, it is good to have the xiaomi camera again, is there a way to make it 100% functional again?

Fingerprint works absolutely amazing.

The things that might need a bit more polishing would be

1 battery life
2 it still freezes, 2 freezes on one day.

Looking forward for the next update

Last edited:
Reactions: erikdrozina

cdks

Nov 6, 2021
Absolute best rom for having great camera and tons of great features. Only thing that stopped this from being the winner for me was call recording not working. Not just the button included in the call pane, but installing skvalex / etc call recorders all did not work.

Otherwise, looking forwards to anx camera eventually hopefully getting ported to Arrow OS. Arrow OS is a close second, only missing a great camera (and a few extra features Spark has, but can live without).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

Spark OS v7.0
    Code:
    /* Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

about.png

AOSP based rom with customization focused on stability and most of all smoothness.

What works?
    Almost everything

What's broken?
    You tell me!

installation.png

Reboot to recovery
    Wipe data, cache, product and dalvik if coming from another ROM
    Flash ROM zip
    (optional) Flash GApps (for vanilla builds)
    (optional) Flash Magisk (root)
    Format data if encrypted
    Reboot and voila!

Upgrading to a Newer Build
    Reboot to recovery
    Wipe cache and dalvik
    Flash ROM zip
    (optional) Flash Magisk
    Reboot and voila!

downloads.png

ROM Download
    Magisk
    NikGApps

source.png

Spark OS Source
    Device Specific Trees

Join our Telegram channel : https://t.me/SparkOSCommunity

Spark OS, ROM for Tucana
    Device:
    Tucana
    Maintainer: Erikdrozina
    Build Type: Unofficial

ROM OS Version: 11.0
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14.244
    ROM Firmware Required: Suggested to be on Latest Firmware

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 7.0
    SELinux Status: Enforced
    Release Date: 2021-08-24
    Huge thank you to @alibei @Chemuski1 and @Hlcpereira for their effort and kindness
    Seems promising, right now I'm on the latest lineage build but this build suffers from freezes 2 or 3 per day that force me to hard reset and also finger print detection is not good.

How is this rom in regards to that?
    Freezes fixed thanks to alibei's help
    Fingerprint works bad(
    sometimes little lagging lock screen after unlock .
    that's all for now.
    Change to white color
    Excellent ROM. Smooth and with a good amount of customization to make it personal. Happy you guys have been able to fix the freezing it was the only thing keeping me away from custom ROM. It's so much smoother and faster than stock.

Kudos!