[discussion] a workaround to enable OEM unlocking in Pie .. maybe?

Search This thread

Ramy3r

Oct 22, 2014
Alexandria
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
So i was messing around in developer options and i managed to enable the grayed out OEM unlocking option
I turned off developer options then enabled it again and the OEM unlocking option is not gray anymore and i enabled it and restarted the phone to make sure its not just the button is just glitching and it was still enabled but grayed out again
So could this help unlocking the bootloader without rolling back to Oreo?

Last edited:

k3dar7

Apr 14, 2018
for unlocking is not need Oreo but SecurityUpdate BEFORE August (with Oreo or Pie)... i unlock my N7p with PieBeta with July(June?) security patches, i think problem is with August Security fix bug/hole/backdoor used for unlocking

Reactions: Ramy3r

Ramy3r

Oct 22, 2014
Alexandria
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
for unlocking is not need Oreo but SecurityUpdate BEFORE August (with Oreo or Pie)... i unlock my N7p with PieBeta with July(June?) security patches, i think problem is with August Security fix bug/hole/backdoor used for unlocking

So this has nothing to do with with bootloader unlocking
Thanks for your reply

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.