[Discussion & Feedback] OxygenOS 10.0.1 for OnePlus 7 Series

Search This thread

Rmaier14

Mar 14, 2012
Wernberg
hi @daringsmart, had in version 5.9.9 the same problem, change the slot, boot in system, restart in Recovery (TWRP) now you should see the starage.

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Can u tell me how?

in TWRP press the button restart, then you see at the bottom of the note which slot is currently active. If B is active, press the slot-A button otherwise vice versa. Then reboot into the system.

Reactions: daringsmart

Dude_Virus

Mar 8, 2007
Do you mean that it learns from how I adjust brightness manually? Well, I would have thought it works that way but it didn't make any difference before update and it doesn't seem to make any now. I literally need sunglasses when sitting in dimmed room as you never know when that bloody thing decide to go all the way up for no reason.

LOL, for me it's the opposite, it keeps going all the way to the bottom even when the phone is in a bright room. I have to manually increase the brightness and then again it will slide down. No calibration helped. I stopped using it and now have it set 5he brightness manually. I suspect all these issues happening due to the sensors being under the screen or maybe who knows no sensors at all.

daringsmart

Jun 8, 2012
madurai

lichtblitz

Sep 29, 2014
Bochum
www.tech-narren.de
Just updated. It looks promising :)

# HOW DID I UPDATE with FULLUPDATE.zip from OOS 9.5.10 to OOS 9.5.11 (Check your current slot in TWRP/Reboot before proceeding. I assume it's slot A)

1. Disable problematic magisk modules. I got only 4 and no problems with them at all.
2. Disable unlock pin,code, face, print, etc.
3. Download the fullupdate.zip - AFAIK: AA for GM1917 or BA for GM1913
4. Reboot into recovery (current slot e.g. slot A)
5. Flash the update in TWRP (it get flashed into unused slot B). Do not reboot!
6. Enable sideload in TWRP/Advanced/ ADB Sideload
7. Sideload TWRP (it flashes into both slots) 'adb sideload twrp-installer-3.3.1-4-guacamole.zip'
8. Reboot into TWRP ( it automatically reboots into slot B)
9. Flash the update in TWRP (flashed into 'unused' first slot A). Do not reboot!
10. Enable sideload in TWRP/Advanced/ ADB Sideload
11. Sideload TWRP (it flashes into both slots) 'adb sideload twrp-installer-3.3.1-4-guacamole.zip'
12. Reboot into TWRP ( it automatically reboots into slot A)
13. Flash Magisk-v19.3.zip. It won't work on both slots. AFAIK magisk does unpatch/restore boot.img on the unused slot.
14. Wipe Davik/cache
15. Reboot into system

Furthermore, if you like to:

16. Reboot into TWRP
17. Flash Tomatot-Debloater-OP7-OOS-Invisible-1.2.zip in slot A.
18. While in TWRP mount system partition and remove unwanted apps from system by using 'adb shell' command, if needed.
19. Reboot into system and enjoy current OOS 9.5.11 on both slots :)

If something goes wrong and you can't acces TWRP on current slot. You can always switch the slot in fastboot by using the terminal command "fastboot --set-active=b" or "fastboot --set-active=a". Alternatively run a teminal command 'fastboot boot twrp-3.3.1-4-guacamole.img' while your phone in fastboot.

For GM1913 I use either the Oxygen Updater to download (only) or the OnePlus German Download Page: https://www.oneplus.com/de/support/softwareupgrade

Last edited:

mazubo

Jun 24, 2011
OnePlus 8
I'm fully stock, and flashed the incremental update yesterday.. since then, I've noticed the (launcher?) freezing roughly 6 or so times. For example, when I slide up from the bottom in order to access previous apps, or to swipe to home, the OS will either get stuck (window freezes until the toast message says "OnePlus launcher is not responding. Close, wait, etc." , Or the screen will go black.

This never happened since I've owned the phone. Has anyone else had this happen after flashing the recent update?

efx_d3

Dec 28, 2010
México
no problem

I see that many complain about problems with their OP7 Pro, but I also see that most have root, twrp and magisk, I personally do not have it root, twrp or magisk, and since I bought it it has not given any problem, currently update to latest version 11 and it doesn't give problems either

Reactions: SpartanVissepo

lichtblitz

Sep 29, 2014
Bochum
www.tech-narren.de
I have unlock, magisk and twrp and like you no problems whatsoever and btw no ads. Everything is smoorh, volte and vowifi is working. The only drawback is L3 on Widevine. However I almost never watch netflix or amazon prime on phone, so I don't care.

lichtblitz

Sep 29, 2014
Bochum
www.tech-narren.de

Did you mean this one?
5. If you will flash the installer and you are stock you need also to flash magisk or your phone will not boot again

I don't know what @mauronofrio did mean by that. But on GM1913 and OOS 9.5.10 there is no problem doing the update my way. You can definitely reboot into TWRP-3.3.1-4! I did it on 3 different GM1913 12/256 since I bought them last week. I guess he plays safe for those guys who ain't on OOS 9.5.10 with fixed fastboot. I dunno.

Reactions: galaxys

BossNexusS

May 25, 2011

# HOW DID I UPDATE with FULLUPDATE.zip from OOS 9.5.10 to OOS 9.5.11 (Check your current slot in TWRP/Reboot before proceeding. I assume it's slot A)

1. Disable problematic magisk modules. I got only 4 and no problems with them at all.
7. Sideload TWRP (it flashes into both slots) 'adb sideload twrp-installer-3.3.1-4-guacamole.zip'
9. Flash the update in TWRP (flashed into 'unused' first slot A). Do not reboot!
11. Sideload TWRP (it flashes into both slots) 'adb sideload twrp-installer-3.3.1-4-guacamole.zip'
13. Flash Magisk-v19.3.zip. It won't work on both slots. AFAIK magisk does unpatch/restore boot.img on the unused slot.
14. Wipe Davik/cache
15. Reboot into system

16. Reboot into TWRP
18. While in TWRP mount system partition and remove unwanted apps from system by using 'adb shell' command, if needed.

If something goes wrong and you can't acces TWRP on current slot. You can always switch the slot in fastboot by using the terminal command "fastboot --set-active=b" or "fastboot --set-active=a". Alternatively run a teminal command 'fastboot boot twrp-3.3.1-4-guacamole.img' while your phone in fastboot.

For GM1913 I use either the Oxygen Updater to download (only) or the OnePlus German Download Page: https://www.oneplus.com/de/support/softwareupgrade
I do it the same way except you can just have the twrp zip on your phone and flash that after you flash the update and before you reboot back into TWRP!

Reactions: lichtblitz

JDROIDS

Mar 4, 2013
This is a mess. 2019 and it takes 20 steps to update a stock rom? Insane. I think it's best for me to go back to unrooted and locked bootloader. Much easier to update.

Why do we need twrp to be in both slots? Why are there 2 slots?

Last edited:

Dude_Virus

Mar 8, 2007

14. Wipe Davik/cache
15. Reboot into system

16. Reboot into TWRP

You have quite a lot of unnecessary steps. And I am not sure which twrp you are using because mine flashes to both slots.

I use the below steps which don't need any sideloading.
1.Boot to TWRP and just verify the slot.
2.Flash rom and TWRP (flashes twrp to both slotsl
3.Reboot to recovery which will change the slot.
4.Switch slot and reboot back to recovery.
5.Now flash magisk and kernel etc if you use.
6.Wipe cache and Reboot to system.

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

This is a mess. 2019 and it takes 20 steps to update a stock rom? Insane. I think it's best for me to go back to unrooted and locked bootloader. Much easier to update.

Why do we need twrp to be in both slots? Why are there 2 slots?

You don't need those many steps. Read my above response.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    M98FSUI.png

Hi Everyone,

The rollout of OxygenOS version 10.0 was paused due to certain bugs and we are starting to release version 10.0.1 now with some bug fixes.

Code:
    Changelog:

System
    * Upgraded to Android 10
    * Brand new UI design
    * Enhanced location permissions for privacy
    * New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
    * General bug fixes and improvements

Full Screen Gestures
    * Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
    * Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps

Game Space
    * New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience

Smart display
    * Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings - Display - Ambient Display - Smart Display)

* Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages - Spam - Settings -Blocking settings)

Camera
    * Improved photo quality

Thanks for the overwhelming amount of feedback we received both positive and constructive from users of the OnePlus 7 Pro's triple camera, both from within the media and our own community. OnePlus is committed to building products for and with our users. We value your voice!

We appreciate your active feedback and attempts to reach out to us. With your help, we have been able to better optimize and improve several key areas. Thank you for your patience and as always, we look forward to hearing your continued feedback in the bug reporting forum bug report forums.

Do try out the new Feedback tool, it is now much easier and simpler for our community to report bugs and share feedback with us. If you have any questions or need help, please contact Bughunters@oneplus.com

3wgmg4E.png

As always, this OTA will be incremental. The OTA will reach a small percentage of users today, and we'll begin a broader rollout in a few days. Your feedback is appreciated. I may not always be able to respond to every comment in the forums, but please be assured that we take your comments and feedback seriously.

This OTA will have a staged rollout, the OTA will be received by a limited number of users today and will have a broader rollout in a few days after making sure there are no critical bugs,

Your feedback is appreciated. We may not always be able to respond to every comment in the forums, but please be assured that we take your comments and feedback seriously. Hope you enjoy and let us know how you feel about the update in the comments below.

Never Settle :good:

Funk Wizard :highfive:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [Discussion & Feedback] OxygenOS 10.0.1 for OnePlus 7 Pro, ROM for the OnePlus 7 Pro

Contributors
    Funk Wizard
    ROM OS Version: 10.0 Android 10

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: Oxygen OS 10.0.1
    Stable Release Date: 2019-10-10

Created 2019-05-17
    Last Updated 2019-10-10
    R74sO80.jpg

XDA:DevDB Information
    [Discussion & Feedback] OxygenOS 10.0 for OnePlus Series, ROM for the OnePlus 7 Pro

Contributors
    Funk Wizard
    ROM OS Version: 10.x Android 10

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: Oxygen OS 10.0.1
    Stable Release Date: 2019-10-10

Created 2019-05-17
    Last Updated 2019-10-10
    Heads Up Team,

The team has gathered lot of feedback and is working on preparing a hotfix version to fix the reported bugs so please be patient.

Current Rollout Status: Paused

ETA: Before the end of this month / post launch

Thank you for your patience and consideration,

Funk Wizard
    Forum Moderator
    Heads Up:

In reference to this announcement, I am now on my way to OnePlus HQ and will not be available till the 10th July 2019. I shall be visiting Hong Kong and Shenzhen to meet the team in HQ for the Global Moderators Meet.

Please keep the thread clean as I would have limited access and would be engaged on mostly learning, training and some fun activities.

I shall represent the entire community and look forward to lot of positive outcome in the times to come.

Thank you for your support and keep the feedback coming :highfive:

Cheers,

Funk :)

Sent from my OnePlus7Pro using XDA Labs
    Some Recommendations

Hi Everyone :eek:

For those who had doubts or didn't understand my last message, i would like to clarify few things as we move towards Android 10
    When you get your hands on the release, i would like you to be aware of the below and backup your entire device. As its a big update and change of Android versions, please follow the below:

To begin with Clean flash is recommended and make sure you uninstall/remove all System Mods, Magisk Modules, Substratum overlays etc before you proceed. (Do Not report bugs on Dirty Flash) &/Or if you cant do a clean flash Factory reset is recommended from recovery after the update.

1. OTA is build for stock devices with locked bootloaders so if you are unlocked or any mods, please use the full zip instead of incremental and definitely clear cache after the update :good:

2. Back -up your internal (Data, Media everything that is important and not stored on cloud) :good:

3. If you are unlocked and have TWRP, make sure you use one which is Android 10 compatible and can flash the beta's only then use that TWRP :good:

4. If you face any lags or loops, factory reset after the update is recommended so again data backup is essential :fingers-crossed:

5. Make sure you check and update play service and all app updates from playstore upon first boot so that any Android 10 related updates can be installed before you start using the device and report any force closures :fingers-crossed: Keep in mind that there are many apps which are still not Android 10 compatible so there can be some third party app issues.

6. First boot will take longer than expected so be patient :good:

7. Expect bugs as this will be the one of the early release for your device so there can be some broken functionalities :fingers-crossed:

Lastly for users who have OP7/7Pro as your primary or only device i would request you to hold the update for a day or two and check the feedback on the forums for any broken functionalities before you fall for the hype :p

Also .. users who are rocking the Open Beta's should be able to dirty flash the build however i still recommend a clean flash and start fresh to avoid any backward compatibility issues (Backup all before you start)

For those who follow me know that i posted a backup heads up as similar advise when we received Pie/Oreo update but some users did not take my advise seriously and ended up with loss of data and encryption issues and had to wipe the entire device so please take the necessary backup and backup all that you cant afford to loose. The last thing i want on this thread is reports of bricked devices and loss of data due to the update :fingers-crossed:

As i have said before feedback whether good or bad is extremely important to us, as it is only on the receipt of such information we can assess and improve the experience that we offer this i would like to thank all of you for your continued feedback on our Stable and Beta Builds and we look forward to more constructive feedback from our XDA community :highfive:

Stay tuned :fingers-crossed:

PS: People on DP's clean flash and factory reset only // Dirty flash will bootloop
    Its going to be a good weekend guys, please backup everything :)