Search This thread

wetito

Dec 12, 2014
reggio emilia
Xiaomi Mi A3
Updated to February patch:
- Internet is bad managed and sometimes go down
- Battery drains
- Microphone do not work if you have previously used an headset (reboot needed)
I confirm that February update have a big battery drain problem... I don't know why 😑

I'm not sure but seems that when phone drain battery, a restart can temporarily solve it... i hope in next update... Because this is a downgrade... The first release was perfect... But online i can't find it... But some articles talk about it... Was released the 5 or 6 January 2021.... Before the 29 January update...1,4gb... But is not available in any site

Last edited:

Praeco

Feb 11, 2021
I confirm that February update have a big battery drain problem... I don't know why 😑

I'm not sure but seems that when phone drain battery, a restart can temporarily solve it... i hope in next update... Because this is a downgrade... The first release was perfect... But online i can't find it... But some articles talk about it... Was released the 5 or 6 January 2021.... Before the 29 January update...1,4gb... But is not available in any site

Are you EU or Global build?

wetito

Dec 12, 2014
reggio emilia
Xiaomi Mi A3
Are you EU or Global build?
EU. I can confirm that after reboot battery drain was solved. So i suppose that a day reboot can temporarily solve the problem
Before reboot: 46% of use 3h 36 SOT. After reboot: 7% of use 1h SOT. Look at the screenshot. I have reboot the phone at 54%. And how you can see the battery backup had a significant improvement!!! I don't know why. But you can see that it's true

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210309-104056.png
    Screenshot_20210309-104056.png
    104.3 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
I can confirm that there's huge battery drain on Android 11

With scoped storage it will use more cpu cycles than with Pie. It's a mess.
It's not my 3rd apps that concern me as they are vetted. It's Google system apks that force me to firewall lock down it's intrusive apks even on Pie.
Articles are starting to come out about it.

wetito

Dec 12, 2014
reggio emilia
Xiaomi Mi A3
Now i share with us my battery stats before and after reboot. And don't know why, but how you can see the performance had a significant improvement... Maybe i will try to make next charge with phone power off... Or alternatively make a reboot immediately after the full charge. Also the memory free now it's 2,2g... Before was less than one... Maybe the problem can be this.... Sometimes the services system management stops works well.. and a simply reboot solve it and battery drain

edit: finalally battery stats afeter reboot is 40% of use 5h 30 SOT (before reboot 54% of ude 3h 35)... incredible!!!!

Last edited:

wetito

Dec 12, 2014
reggio emilia
Xiaomi Mi A3
I don't know how it's possible. I have never had a battery performance so high... Simply after full charge i make a reboot. Men, look this stats... Are incredibles! Yesterday at 92% SOT was 30 min. It's absolutely illogical... But i'm very satisfied

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210309-230733.png
    Screenshot_20210309-230733.png
    101.3 KB · Views: 50
  • Screenshot_20210309-231303.png
    Screenshot_20210309-231303.png
    98.1 KB · Views: 49

gmaurinphoto

Dec 11, 2020
Hi everyone,

I own 2 Mi A3 with 10 QKQ1.190910.002 V11.0.8.0.QFQEUXM Build and still no Android 11.
Is there someone with same build and already in A11 ?

Thanks

fredoueb

Apr 2, 2009
Hi everyone,

I own 2 Mi A3 with 10 QKQ1.190910.002 V11.0.8.0.QFQEUXM Build and still no Android 11.
Is there someone with same build and already in A11 ?

Thanks
I had the same model (European version), with the same build as you.
As I didn't see any OTA update coming, I forced it by manualy installing android 11 update (and I'm happy with it, so far ;) )

Epkon

Aug 18, 2019
Last edited by a moderator:

fredoueb

Apr 2, 2009
Have I to be rooted to manually upgrade ?
No, you don't have to be rooted.
I uses the "Method 1" described here : https://www.thecustomdroid.com/sideload-ota-update-stock-recovery-adb/
The fastboot rom I installed is the V12.0.3.0.RFQEUXM build, found here : https://www.thecustomdroid.com/xiaomi-mi-a3-android-10-update-guide/
I didn't loose anything at all, and it was quite fast.
And, as I said earlier in this thread, I like Android 11 a lot, and I have no problem at all (no battery drain or strange things ...).

Reactions: gmaurinphoto

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I did the march update. After updating I reset my device 3 times.

1st reset :

Wifi not auto-connecting , Wifi/4g connection unstable
    Status and navbar getting stuck in fullscreen mode and when playing games
    Sometimes apps not visible in recent menu.
    Chat bubbles not working.
    I got 7-8 hours of sot
    (Device was unstable)

2nd reset :

Wifi not auto-connecting, Wifi/4g connection unstable
    Chat bubble worked
    I got 4-5 hours of sot (100%-14%)
    (Device was stable but poor battery life)

3rd Reset :

Wifi not auto-connecting
    Chat bubbles not working
    I got 10-12 hours of sot (100%-25%)
    ( Device is stable , I got battery life like android 9)

Any idea why this happens??
    I don't have this problem. If you have a problems that other don't have... It's you're problem. So don't post fake news. Try an hard reset... This update is 100%. Free bugs. I'm yesting it for 20 days and perfect

hum ... on Android 10 the icons were grouped differently, I saw a lot of them and then a sign pointed out that there were others. now after 2 notifications the dot appears and you have to touch the screen to see the others. And it's not configurable, is it right?
    I'm not sure but in my second phone i have an android 10 rom with this function. Yes is not vonfigurable. I'm not sure that mia3 have this... But it's possibile. Because in a11 i see this only after your post
    Setting a fixed IP didn't solve it for me... :(
    obviously you have to set the same IP address reserved for your phone in the router settings indicating the MAC address. If you did I don't know how to help you ...
    however to me sometimes it still does not connect despite this setting. Less frequently, it still hurts ...
    I'm on EU. My experience:

The Good:
    • Smooth Experience
    • Fingerprint scanner slightly faster
    • We can finally dismiss Settings suggestions
    • Upstreamed kernel (4.14.180)
    • The new DND and Bubble features give you some interesting options

The Bad:
    • Status bar is moved down and fits less icons (fixed in January 2021 update)
    • Random Reboots (had 2 over 2 weeks time) (no random reboots since January 2021 update)
    • WiFi is not auto-connecting when I return home. (still present - March 2021. Not everyone is facing this issue)
    • Sometimes when I answer a call the UI freezes on the incoming call screen, even though I can hear the other person on the line. (no freezes since January 2021 update)
    • Still no call recording 😞
    • No screenshot button on the power menu (still present - March 2021)
    • I'm not a fan of the notification categories
    • No built-in screen recorder 😞 (added in January 2021 update)
    • The animation of closing an app is extremely fast. As a result I'm not always sure if my app actually closed or not (got used to it 😅)
    • Sometimes the status bar disappears after exiting a full screen app (still present - March 2021)
    I have decided update my device to ANDROID 11 (EU version). My first impression is that all work fine, and the UI is faster and smoother than android 10. If i will find some bugs i will report here. But my first impression is positive
    I'm on EU. My experience:

The Good:
    • Smooth Experience
    • Fingerprint scanner slightly faster
    • We can finally dismiss Settings suggestions
    • Upstreamed kernel (4.14.180)
    • The new DND and Bubble features give you some interesting options

The Bad:
    • Status bar is moved down and fits less icons
    • Random Reboots (had 2 over 2 weeks time)
    • WiFi is not auto-connecting when I return home
    • Sometimes when I answer a call the UI freezes on the incoming call screen, even though I can hear the other person on the line.
    • Still no call recording 😞
    • No screenshot button on the power menu
    • I'm not a fan of the notification categories
    • No built-in screen recorder 😞
    • The animation of closing an app is extremely fast. As a result I'm not always sure if my app actually closed or not
    No random reboot for me
    I didnt got the update yet, you need to update to december to get the new update ? Eu version.
    Yes. After 24 hours from update, also battery performance is better! Starting from 96%, these are my performances
    Yeah. I updated to december and i received instant a111 update. Thanks.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone