[DISCUSSION] Android 6.0 Marshmallow

Search This thread

flroots

Sep 12, 2012
Which Marshmallow ROM is currently most stable and compatible with M919? Thanks for any suggestions.

Strephon Alkhalikoi

Aug 3, 2010
Vulcan
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nexus 6
That particular change doesn't do a lot. It's a compatibility layer that helps older audio code to work without major modifications. This makes it a quick fix rather than a proper solution to the problem.
If the proper solution is updated code, you'll be waiting a long time. Samsung no longer supports the S4, meaning there will be no newer code to implement in place of the compatibility wrapper shown in the link.

MarcelRobinson

Aug 16, 2013
Hey guys, i completely flowwed instructions and im stuck with the no sim card - no service message running aosp 6.0 rom

Mr.Yawnie

Jun 27, 2013
Hi!
Good news, jfltexx: move to cm-13.0 nightlies Coming soon...!!! :)
http ://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/123973/

Make the link clickable, and people will be thankful. I personally hate it when links can't be clicked, especially here when I can't copy it when using Tapatalk.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mavenism

Strephon Alkhalikoi

Aug 3, 2010
Vulcan
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nexus 6

Yousvel

Jan 23, 2014
Cap-Haitian
www.dtcministries.com

flroots

Sep 12, 2012
Use Philz recovery. That's the one I use.

---------- Post added at 05:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 AM ----------

The only thing I do is using Philz recovery.
If you use jfltexx recovery it will work as well.
I've tried downloading Philz twice and both times it generated error at 99%. I don't really like leaving TWRP since all my Nandroids are based on it. It's a significant disadvantage that TWRP can't install the ROM due to protections built into the ROM. Are there any suggestions on T-mobile S4 compatible Marshmallow ROMs that are stable and bug free? Thanks

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,
    Further to your request I decided to let you taste Marshmallow's flavor. This is an unofficial build of CM13 made for jf variants (Snapdragon 600 then) with mobile radio fully working (and based on my patches to use TouchWiz Lollipop RIL blobs, the same used in our AOSP) except preferred network menu, you could encounter any kind of issues as CM is currently a battlefield like I said in previous posts or could even eat your cat, beware. :) I did a fast test and camera, wifi, bluetooth, sensors etc. are working.

No support is given for this as I ordered a LG G4, I'll just release updates for my products up to 30 November before stopping to support them except MultiROM and TWRP F2FS, therefore do not report issues for this one because I'll not develop it. I had a lot of fun with the S4 and great people here, but it's time for me to look forward. :)
    Once got the new device all I'll still do with the S4 is to continue to do some work with the JDCTeam, you'll always find me behind the scenes.

Installation is exactly like other ROMs, I didn't test GApps myself but you can find Slim ones here.

Download:https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24269982086991469
    Unofficial Build of CM13 For GT-I9505 Direct Download Link

Unofficial Build of CM13 For GT-I9505 Direct Download Link

All the Credits goes to @AntaresOne
    The Original Post is Here.
    If you are looking for Gapps, Download This One. (Thanks to @jimbomodder )

Here is the Direct Download Link with Full Speed and Resume Option.
    But it will be available for 15 days.
    File Size : 283.89 Mb

Download CM 13.0 20151108 Unofficial Jflte (Full Speed & Resume Option)

(I have Paid to make this direct download link for you all to enjoy the fastest download speed,
    So it will be good if you at least just push the Thanks Button.)
    Ooooops.... we did it! :p

The JDCTeam wishes sweet marshmallows to everyone!!
    Little update, we have fully working RIL. :)
    Got RIL working, without incoming calls for now due to our new implementation, but we're always closer...:)