• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[DISCUSSION] Android 6 Marshmallow Update

Search This thread

Tel864

Nov 22, 2011
Greenville
This is not something that can be given a blanket recommendation... User's results with SD cards vary wildly, not always based on card speed, some users with even a pre-UHS1 card experience no lag, but others with UHS1 or even UHS3 card may experience lag accessing applications. There seems to be no consistent answer to this but try it.

This may have to do with which variant (1GB/2GB model), type of card, chipset of the card, and a host of other things... making a blanket statement like this is not necessarily true, even though it may be in your circumstances.
I agree and it's been proven in many tests that not all SD cards are created equal. In this instance, you get what you pay for. More times than not, a cheap card won't test out to the same speeds as a better card. I try to stick with Sandisk when possible. That is the brand widely used as the internal card in many phones and tablets.

keb00

Dec 6, 2011
Lisbon
Hey guys before I sent my unit to warranty which should be in days, I was looking if the Moto x play lower the price and switch for that one under warranty and give the difference but for now I strict to this one until that.
But the doubt is how can I move apps to sd card, I already explored the menus and apps settings, and didn't found anything. I formated the SD card to portable after having as internal, already rebooted the phone to verify in case of don't and still can't find any option about that..

acejavelin

Recognized Contributor
Sep 3, 2009
Lincoln, ND
Hey guys before I sent my unit to warranty which should be in days, I was looking if the Moto x play lower the price and switch for that one under warranty and give the difference but for now I strict to this one until that.
But the doubt is how can I move apps to sd card, I already explored the menus and apps settings, and didn't found anything. I formated the SD card to portable after having as internal, already rebooted the phone to verify in case of don't and still can't find any option about that..
Because in Marshmallow there is no option to move apps to SD with portable storage, that only happens with internal storage.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: keb00

tirso12

Feb 6, 2016
Santiago
Hello, I have a Moto G3 (XT1542) and I haven't gotten the update yet. When I check for system updates, it says the phone is up to date. Shouldn't I have the update by now? :confused:

I don't know if it's relevant but a long time ago I had rooted the phone, however I unrooted it and when I turn the phone on by pressing power + vol. up, it says "Software status: Official". I believe rooted phones don't get OTA updates so I guess that might be something to do with it, but I'm not sure. I guess I could manually install the update if I'm not going to get it by OTA, but I don't know how to do that. Could anyone help me, please?

eemgee

Dec 27, 2013
Teesside
You would still get the ota when rooted just you might not be able to install it if you've made to many changed. So that isn't the reason.

Reactions: tirso12

lloco73

Nov 17, 2010
Nelas
Installed today Marshmellow on my xt1541 but Reverted again to Lollipop. It feels slower even if he consumes a little less of ram.

Reactions: keb00

Tiwy57

Oct 3, 2013
Metz
tiwy57.me
After a short week, Marshmallow works very well and now battery is completely empty in one day and 6 hours (before : 23h).

Plus, Greenify with Aggressive Doze (no root, i don't need that) works fine.

Question: Someone have test the performance with encryption enabled? Because with Android 5.1, there were some annoying lags.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Goodness me, some people are SO IMPATIENT. It's just a phone update, and once you've had it installed a few hours and you've played around with it, you'll be bored again, seeking something else to distract you. The planet is not about to implode, your water supply is not going to dry up, and your house is warm and cozy... why all the impatience? This ridiculous, predictable cycle of impatience seems to exhibit itself more and more in technology these days - CALM DOWN - go for a walk, learn how to bake a cake, take up photography... GET A GIRLFRIEND... go to the cinema, visit an old lady who needs some assistance, take up weaving, learn how to carve walking sticks... anything, ANYTHING to distract your minds from the meaningless toy which WILL COME, but complaining and jittering on about it won't hurry it up, and, in the end, it's just another "thing" which won't last, and then you'll be back into this silly cycle of impatience AGAIN.

Patience is an attribute that maketh men, the signs of which are dimimishing in this impatient, DEMANDING age.
    Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg
    Thread cleaned and re-opened.

This thread is on "ETA watch"...
    Hi guys! I created this space to post any information about when our phone will receive Android 6 Marshmallow update. Please share any information you have. Thanks!

Official info: http://motorola-blog.blogspot.ca/2015/10/marshmallow-and-smore.html (thanks to @christopherrrg)

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    screw waiting...i made my own marshmallow installation