Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

filippoS3

Feb 20, 2014
Immagine.png

abdelha

Jan 4, 2016
the question isn't "are we gonna get...." it's "when are we gonna get"......and i hope the answer is "soon"....but i don't mind that, because i am planning to get the S8 when it comes out....so it's even better to not get it on my s6...and keep the S8 experience a new one

hare89

Jan 24, 2013
Yeah but probably in january/february...
And big question does s6 get new ui and maybe some new features :)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

crixley

May 25, 2012
Thats to late ,samsung already started with development for s7 and s6 line of phones ...

Lol started development? It takes a very long time from when development is started. We'll see, and I'll make sure to come back and laugh in a few months time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Samsung Turkey vice president shared an image on Twitter regarding details on updates, I can't share outside links because I have less than 10 posts but I'll explain to you what he wrote;

So to translate, only post S7 models will get AOD because, after conducting severel tests, S6 and Note 5 are deemed not to be doing well in terms of battery performance. He says S7 has a chip on motherboard specially designed for handling AOD tasks which S6 and Note 5 lack, and because of that putting AOD on these models would drain so much battery that end users would feel dissatisfied. AOD won't be optional either. Also he says that tests for S5 and Note 4 for Nougat were underway but ultimately cancelled because of below-expected performance issues on both devices. Lastly, S6 and S6 egde are reported to get nougat 24 February, 10 days from now, Note 5 on 6th of March and S6 Edge+ on 13 March. Other dates are on the graph. Feel free to ask for any translation, I'll be glad to help.

Of course these dates are for Turkey only, but once they're available in Turkey and the firmwares surface on the web you can most probably flash them onto your devices as well.
    Half of people on this thread are focused on, probably, the least useful feature - AOD.
    Samsung Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge: February 13, 2017 (Update Received)
    Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge: February 24, 2017
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5: March 6, 2017
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus: March 13, 2017
    Samsung Galaxy A8 / A3 (2016): April 24, 2017
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (T818): May 15, 2017
    Samsung Galaxy A5 / A7 / A8 (2016): May 22, 2017
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (T817): May 23, 2017
    Samsung Galaxy Tab (P580): July 13, 2017
    Samsung Galaxy Taba (T587): July 19, 2017
    Samsung Galaxy A3 / A5 / A7 (2017): July 24, 2017
    Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016): July 31, 2017
    Samsung Galaxy J7 (2015): August 28, 2017
    Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016): September 18, 2017
    Samsung Galaxy J5 (2015): October 1, 2017
    Samsung Galaxy On7: October 31, 2017

Samsung officially responded to this. According to the information provided, the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 will unfortunately not receive the Android Nougat update. It should be noted here that Samsung has made a special campaign for the S5 and Note 4 owners to pass on to the next generation of devices, while the tests show that their performance for Nougat is inadequate.

According to Samsung official information, the Galaxy E series and the Galaxy Alpha, the forerunner of the A series, will also not receive the Android Nougat update.
    Switching to google smartphones when my 6s dead

Samsung's policy is the same for years. Why you buy a Samsung?
    Guys i just came over to say goodbye to you all! I finally sold my s6 and bought a nexus 6P :D I feel like I'm in heaven lol it's so f*ckin smooth and quick. Good luck with the s6 and keep waiting for nougat :D maybe one day you'll get it hehe
    haha, it's like exchanging an apple for a watermelon :d
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone