[DISCUSSION] Android 7.0 Nougat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

salehin4070

Feb 26, 2013
Dhaka
The fact is that, Samsung knows when the update starts rolling out, all these whinings will just disappear. So, being impatient and cursing Samsung won't do a single thing. Let's just hope that the update atleast arrives in this month.

Baby.Boy

Aug 1, 2015
Thank you guys, for being here, all of you.
One of the best topics I am currently following, the best to be exact!:good:
I am following this topic just because of what happens here, not reallllly interested in update news anymore.
Hearing about the update is good though.
Anyways, thanks again!:fingers-crossed:

Cock-Punisher

Mar 14, 2015
You guys are way of topic!
Stop blaming Samsung. They sold a phone with a working android version and delivered an update to MM. The update to nougat was not a purchase ground to buy a Samsung phone.
So please stop flaming/spaming and just give accurate information about the release.

Reactions: Burtrum57
V

Vatsal

Thread cleaned up massively.
So let me clear for once, you think an Oem update is very easy and samsung is delaying for some reason?
They know how things work so please have patience and wait for the updates. If you still are impatient, you can go for a custom rom or anything which suits you.
This thread was made to discuss nougat update not to curse the OEM.
Please be civil and keep the discussion friendly in order to keep a peaceful environment.

Regards
Vatsal,
Forum Moderator.

Apr 11, 2016
the only useful information in this thread has been the postponement of the release date from February 24 to February 27 and then to March 6, which was reported on page 91 of this thread. So there are about 30 pages of useless posts and complaints of people who can not wait until March 6. And this certainly does not help those who want to look for some information. You have requested a date for the release of the update, and this was given to you, why continue to complain? For s7 update was released on February 13 but for many countries was released after two weeks. This can also be similar to the s6.

eum1r

Oct 2, 2014
still hoping that nougat will come to s6,others just dont understand the delay of the upcoming update,if samsung really announce s6 will get nougat and if ever it doesnt happen its disappointing,but if they not announce then its ok,but still im still satisfied with my s6 g920L mm ?

Mubbel

Apr 13, 2014
I honestly dont understand why you Guys want 7.0 so badly.

MM is still a very nice experience,Nougat just looks different and has a few options added(S6 wont have all of them) to the phone which are not that important.

If my S6 would still work i wouldnt have bought a S7,the ui is is not better or worse if you ask me.

And damn i have never seen a thread where a mod had to clean so many useless Posts...

Just wait for the update,you guys have survived without Nougat for half a year so a few weeks Delay for a properly working update isnt to bad.

V

Vatsal

Inspite of prior warning by my fellow moderator @sawdoctor and myself few hours back, there is still the same discussion on ETA of Nougat release and how much the OEM is lazy or whatsoever.
I'll be closing this thread. It takes us nowhere and the discussion simply draws to no conclusion.

Thread closed.

Regards
Vatsal,
Forum Moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Samsung Turkey vice president shared an image on Twitter regarding details on updates, I can't share outside links because I have less than 10 posts but I'll explain to you what he wrote;

So to translate, only post S7 models will get AOD because, after conducting severel tests, S6 and Note 5 are deemed not to be doing well in terms of battery performance. He says S7 has a chip on motherboard specially designed for handling AOD tasks which S6 and Note 5 lack, and because of that putting AOD on these models would drain so much battery that end users would feel dissatisfied. AOD won't be optional either. Also he says that tests for S5 and Note 4 for Nougat were underway but ultimately cancelled because of below-expected performance issues on both devices. Lastly, S6 and S6 egde are reported to get nougat 24 February, 10 days from now, Note 5 on 6th of March and S6 Edge+ on 13 March. Other dates are on the graph. Feel free to ask for any translation, I'll be glad to help.

Of course these dates are for Turkey only, but once they're available in Turkey and the firmwares surface on the web you can most probably flash them onto your devices as well.
    Half of people on this thread are focused on, probably, the least useful feature - AOD.
    Samsung Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge: February 13, 2017 (Update Received)
    Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge: February 24, 2017
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5: March 6, 2017
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus: March 13, 2017
    Samsung Galaxy A8 / A3 (2016): April 24, 2017
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (T818): May 15, 2017
    Samsung Galaxy A5 / A7 / A8 (2016): May 22, 2017
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (T817): May 23, 2017
    Samsung Galaxy Tab (P580): July 13, 2017
    Samsung Galaxy Taba (T587): July 19, 2017
    Samsung Galaxy A3 / A5 / A7 (2017): July 24, 2017
    Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016): July 31, 2017
    Samsung Galaxy J7 (2015): August 28, 2017
    Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016): September 18, 2017
    Samsung Galaxy J5 (2015): October 1, 2017
    Samsung Galaxy On7: October 31, 2017

Samsung officially responded to this. According to the information provided, the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 will unfortunately not receive the Android Nougat update. It should be noted here that Samsung has made a special campaign for the S5 and Note 4 owners to pass on to the next generation of devices, while the tests show that their performance for Nougat is inadequate.

According to Samsung official information, the Galaxy E series and the Galaxy Alpha, the forerunner of the A series, will also not receive the Android Nougat update.
    Switching to google smartphones when my 6s dead

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Samsung's policy is the same for years. Why you buy a Samsung?
    Guys i just came over to say goodbye to you all! I finally sold my s6 and bought a nexus 6P :D I feel like I'm in heaven lol it's so f*ckin smooth and quick. Good luck with the s6 and keep waiting for nougat :D maybe one day you'll get it hehe
    haha, it's like exchanging an apple for a watermelon :d