[Discussion] Android Marshmallow for Note 4

Search This thread

c00k1eBSc

Aug 21, 2015
There is one thing that I have found peculiar. In official 6.0 our note 4 lost the ability to have the spen view as a mouse pointer for links. That was actually useful on sites were they had menus.
I still have that feature on my device. Mine is N910F running a hybrid CYV DPD3 firmware with DBT CSC

Reactions: dkonect

moon2boy

May 13, 2016
I have updated my 910F (DBT, Lollipop, no root) via Odin to DBT Marshmallow.
Update showed no errors, Marshmallow looks fine.
All connections + all notifications are perfect, audio + video running ok
But:
During booting the Note 4 plays no startup sound any more.
What could be the reason?
How to reactivate the startup sound, cause I liked the doodledoodledoo ... ;)

baltics

Feb 18, 2014
I have updated my 910F (DBT, Lollipop, no root) via Odin to DBT Marshmallow.
Update showed no errors, Marshmallow looks fine.
All connections + all notifications are perfect, audio + video running ok
But:
During booting the Note 4 plays no startup sound any more.
What could be the reason?
How to reactivate the startup sound, cause I liked the doodledoodledoo ... ;)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3344638

Add I recently had to reinstall the stock ROM on my S3 for a couple of days. The first thing I did was change the code to kill the boot up sound ;

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Last edited:

gayanaji

Feb 16, 2012
If you switch from the list view to the card view for Recents, the system will reboot and uninstall Good Lock

Sent from my SM-N910U using Tapatalk
Did someone know how to completely uninstall goodlock from my device... Since i install it.. my device sometimes suddenly shut down... I have to pull out the battery and reinstall it to make it work...

Sent from my SM-N910H using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    note 4 users wants mm like :p
    Well, I have always had a Samsung. But now I sold my Note 4 and went to Apple - iPhone. Never again a Samsung. What a bad policy concerning updating. Especially the Note 4.
    Thanks to all developers though for their hard work.

Greatings Bert.
    Great, now if you set the date as 1st january 1970 and reboot, you will enjoy the latest iphone feature.
    If anyone is interested I'll share some thoughts over my N910H MM update

-I didn't dirty flash it (I made LL recovery hard reset before and MM recovery hard reset after flashing)
    -Setup, backup restore and installation of all the apps I'm using went smoothly (only Samsung's Game Recorder+ doesn't work)
    -Connectivity (wifi, gsm, gps, bt...etc) and sensors (light, proximity, hearth, UV) works without single glitch so far (BT is power hungry)
    Yes I turned BT background location support MM now gives as new option available
    -Micro-SD card works in all apps I used before and now, all the same
    -Fingerprint is working normaly like it used to on LL (maybe even more accurately than it was)
    -Charging is OK both normal and Fast charging
    -Battery life is excellent (when BT is OFF) I use Gear Fit and it spent more phone battery than it used to on LL and KK
    -It is maybe to soon to judge but battery is far more better than it was.... time will tell
    -TouchWiz is smooth (maybe placebo) but it looks so (I like new screen off animation, icons and folders - that's preety much it)

-NEW S Pen air command with shortcuts and whole screen screenshot is more than welcome
    -new screen off S Pen option is THE best addition
    -Smart manager is also more detailed and intel security is faster, as well as new widget addition
    -Samsung internet browser is newer in version than it is on google play but it lacks secret mode tab
    -Memo and scrapbook are newer with memo widget that was missing on LL
    -New KIDS mode app version, more options
    -NEW S Note with all new s pen addons (I like)
    -Settings are almost identical to LL (I like GOOGLE settings hidden from app drawer and located in /Settings/Aplication settings/google)
    -Google Now and now on tap are both running from the start and they are not battery consuming as I thought
    they will considering my experience with Google Now on LL

Few things I don't like (Bugs more likely)

-BT is battery hog at the moment (however because of the rest of system battery management I still squeezed 24h /5h screen time out of it)
    now I'm testing the phone with BT off (I am GEAR user) and by the looks of it, it is going to last way more!!!
    -Sound, vibration, mute mode is buggy or I'm missing something as the phone vibrates even after I put it on MUTE
    -And fullscreen weather widget app animation is still twitching like it was on LL

Phone is working more fluently, no force closing of apps, no slowdowns and no glitches,
    All in all it is going to be way more better than LL once they fix these few bugs

That's all for now
    Same here. Also the battery life started rapidly deteriorating.

So, I did a wife-factory reset and now things are back to normal.

Was your wife asking you to do the yard, take the trash out, or stop watching so much futbol when you posted this?:laugh:
    No update for me available (N910C - N910CXXU1COJ5) I'm from Poland. Any idea why ?
    I have no idea why you're from Poland
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone