• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Discussion] Android Marshmallow for Note 4

Search This thread

baltics

Feb 18, 2014
Will I still get updates if I flash MM on 910H via odin?
If you don't root the phone, you will.
ccea86e4c876f86484a86a70548dbf3d.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Last edited:

naylor83

Dec 21, 2014
I'm using the 910F bought in Sweden, so presumably the "Nordic countries" NEE firmware is the default in this phone. I flashed the German DBT Marsmallow (since there isn't yet a NEE version).

Now to my question: My data connection isn't working properly (Or at all? I'm not entirely sure). Could this be due to the different country version being used? Has anyone experienced this problem? I'm thinking it could have to do with different radio frequencies being used in different countries.

themaximillian

May 1, 2014
I too use a Sweden bought N910F and had NEE from the start.

Been on DBT since last summer and flashed DBT Marshmallow and have no issues at all with data connection.....

Skickat från min SM-N910F via Tapatalk

Reactions: naylor83

hasan87

Nov 27, 2010
Bünde
I'm using the 910F bought in Sweden, so presumably the "Nordic countries" NEE firmware is the default in this phone. I flashed the German DBT Marsmallow (since there isn't yet a NEE version).

Now to my question: My data connection isn't working properly (Or at all? I'm not entirely sure). Could this be due to the different country version being used? Has anyone experienced this problem? I'm thinking it could have to do with different radio frequencies being used in different countries.
You must enter the apn again and then your data conection come back!

Gesendet von meinem SM-N910F mit Tapatalk

Reactions: receph and naylor83

naylor83

Dec 21, 2014
Ok, on to my next problem(s) then. So I've installed the DBT version of 6.0.1 on my 910F, and flashed CF autoroot, both using Odin.

Next I've tried to install TWRP (in order to later flash xposed), but it hasn't worked so far. This has caused my phone to get stuck on the boot screen. I was able to boot into TWRP though. Is there anything special I need to do to get TWRP without causing problems to my stock MM installation? Or can I install xposed without TWRP? Is it possible to flash using Odin?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    note 4 users wants mm like :p
    Well, I have always had a Samsung. But now I sold my Note 4 and went to Apple - iPhone. Never again a Samsung. What a bad policy concerning updating. Especially the Note 4.
    Thanks to all developers though for their hard work.

Greatings Bert.
    Great, now if you set the date as 1st january 1970 and reboot, you will enjoy the latest iphone feature.
    If anyone is interested I'll share some thoughts over my N910H MM update

-I didn't dirty flash it (I made LL recovery hard reset before and MM recovery hard reset after flashing)
    -Setup, backup restore and installation of all the apps I'm using went smoothly (only Samsung's Game Recorder+ doesn't work)
    -Connectivity (wifi, gsm, gps, bt...etc) and sensors (light, proximity, hearth, UV) works without single glitch so far (BT is power hungry)
    Yes I turned BT background location support MM now gives as new option available
    -Micro-SD card works in all apps I used before and now, all the same
    -Fingerprint is working normaly like it used to on LL (maybe even more accurately than it was)
    -Charging is OK both normal and Fast charging
    -Battery life is excellent (when BT is OFF) I use Gear Fit and it spent more phone battery than it used to on LL and KK
    -It is maybe to soon to judge but battery is far more better than it was.... time will tell
    -TouchWiz is smooth (maybe placebo) but it looks so (I like new screen off animation, icons and folders - that's preety much it)

-NEW S Pen air command with shortcuts and whole screen screenshot is more than welcome
    -new screen off S Pen option is THE best addition
    -Smart manager is also more detailed and intel security is faster, as well as new widget addition
    -Samsung internet browser is newer in version than it is on google play but it lacks secret mode tab
    -Memo and scrapbook are newer with memo widget that was missing on LL
    -New KIDS mode app version, more options
    -NEW S Note with all new s pen addons (I like)
    -Settings are almost identical to LL (I like GOOGLE settings hidden from app drawer and located in /Settings/Aplication settings/google)
    -Google Now and now on tap are both running from the start and they are not battery consuming as I thought
    they will considering my experience with Google Now on LL

Few things I don't like (Bugs more likely)

-BT is battery hog at the moment (however because of the rest of system battery management I still squeezed 24h /5h screen time out of it)
    now I'm testing the phone with BT off (I am GEAR user) and by the looks of it, it is going to last way more!!!
    -Sound, vibration, mute mode is buggy or I'm missing something as the phone vibrates even after I put it on MUTE
    -And fullscreen weather widget app animation is still twitching like it was on LL

Phone is working more fluently, no force closing of apps, no slowdowns and no glitches,
    All in all it is going to be way more better than LL once they fix these few bugs

That's all for now
    Same here. Also the battery life started rapidly deteriorating.

So, I did a wife-factory reset and now things are back to normal.

Was your wife asking you to do the yard, take the trash out, or stop watching so much futbol when you posted this?:laugh:
    No update for me available (N910C - N910CXXU1COJ5) I'm from Poland. Any idea why ?
    I have no idea why you're from Poland