[DISCUSSION][Bugs&Issues] Android 10 [Experiences]

gauthamvarma

Mar 19, 2019
Android 10 OTA had been released for about 4-5 times but always nothing is perfect, so here is a list of bug we encountered and possible fixes...

Bugs/Issues:
  • USB Debugging turning on after a reboot, even if developer tools are turned off after using USB debugging at least once. (Need more ppl to confirm)
  • Auto Brightness worse as compared to Pie
  • VoWiFi (Confirmed not working on Airtel and Jio)
  • Poor Wi-Fi when using Bluetooth and/or GPS
  • Mono Audio while recording video
  • Persistent 'Customize you Mi A3' Bubble in settings. Manual Fix Available
  • Screen corners and assistant corners are messed up.
  • AOD draining battery unusually.
  • Big Launcher icons. Partially fixed in 11.0.15.0
  • Missing 1/32s shutter speed system-wide. Fixed in 11.0.15.0
  • FOD not working consistently Improved with 11.0.8.0, 11.0.11.0. Although still reports of flickering or necessity to reboot or need for 'new notifications lock screen display' Fixed with 11.0.14.0
  • Front camera quality degraded Improved with 11.0.8.0, Fixed with 11.0.11.0
  • Stuters across UI Reduced with 11.0.8.0
  • Visible slowdown of phone within 24 hours of usage. Have to reboot after a full charge to again gain back the fluidity. Possible memory management bug. Reduced with 11.0.11.0,11.0.14.0.
  • Missing EIS Fixed with 11.0.14.0

Note: I listed the bugs after at least a few people reported/confirmed. And struck them when most report the issue had drastically reduced or no longer exist. However, if u still face any issues post them here so the Mi A3 Community can have a look and maybe even suggest a workaround/fix.

In case u find any other bugs or u want to share ur experience after android 10 update, feel free to share it in this thread.
I will update the list with all the bugs posted by the community, so we know which are fixed and whether or not to update from A9 to A10.

Hit the Thanks button if this was what you were looking for

Last edited:

Sapper Morton

Feb 16, 2016
FoD/AoD works just as usual on my device, so the bugs are not general; in either case I recommend everyone to update, then report the bugs, if possible with proper logs. I didn't use much in standby, but there's at least 30 min in AoD on my SoT, screenshot attached; the only real issue here is the absence of longer exposure on MiUI Camera, besides this, only a few UI glitches, that can be polished with time.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: cukierkas

demolition23

Dec 15, 2009
Oiniades
For me choosing pro mode on camera will crash the app.

If the screen is off i can't unlock with FoD unless if I hit the power button to open the screen then use the FoD.

In settings i have on top a suggestion that won't leave for any reason.

Στάλθηκε από το Mi A3 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

soulz69

Jan 24, 2014
Fingerprint scanner for unlock not working for me.
i need to turn on the AOD for android 10 to make it works.
I don't need to turn on AOD before this on android 9.
This is a bug or new features? lulz.

mronak02

Mar 8, 2018
Fingerprint scanner for unlock not working for me.
i need to turn on the AOD for android 10 to make it works.
I don't need to turn on AOD before this on android 9.
This is a bug or new features? lulz.
It's a bug. Xiaomi india customer support has confirmed that it's a bug in latest update.

sathish43210

Nov 15, 2011
I haven't rooted or installed any custom rom.. am still facing the issue. After every reboot it works for some time and then it is not showing up.

fburgos

Sep 1, 2012
Fingerprint problem at first then factory reset now it's working as other user reported double tap to wake to light up screen and use finger print

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk

donedos

Jul 8, 2012
Bacolod
Fingerprint problem at first then factory reset now it's working as other user reported double tap to wake to light up screen and use finger print

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
I created a guide in this section to activate double tap to wake the on-screen fingerprint sensor..please check it out. no need to factory reset.