[DISCUSSION][Bugs&Issues] Android 10 [Experiences]

Search This thread

gauthamvarma

Mar 19, 2019
Android 10 OTA had been released for about 4-5 times but always nothing is perfect, so here is a list of bug we encountered and possible fixes...

Bugs/Issues:
  • USB Debugging turning on after a reboot, even if developer tools are turned off after using USB debugging at least once. (Need more ppl to confirm)
  • Auto Brightness worse as compared to Pie
  • VoWiFi (Confirmed not working on Airtel and Jio)
  • Poor Wi-Fi when using Bluetooth and/or GPS
  • Mono Audio while recording video
  • Persistent 'Customize you Mi A3' Bubble in settings. Manual Fix Available
  • Screen corners and assistant corners are messed up.
  • AOD draining battery unusually.
  • Big Launcher icons. Partially fixed in 11.0.15.0
  • Missing 1/32s shutter speed system-wide. Fixed in 11.0.15.0
  • FOD not working consistently Improved with 11.0.8.0, 11.0.11.0. Although still reports of flickering or necessity to reboot or need for 'new notifications lock screen display' Fixed with 11.0.14.0
  • Front camera quality degraded Improved with 11.0.8.0, Fixed with 11.0.11.0
  • Stuters across UI Reduced with 11.0.8.0
  • Visible slowdown of phone within 24 hours of usage. Have to reboot after a full charge to again gain back the fluidity. Possible memory management bug. Reduced with 11.0.11.0,11.0.14.0.
  • Missing EIS Fixed with 11.0.14.0

Note: I listed the bugs after at least a few people reported/confirmed. And struck them when most report the issue had drastically reduced or no longer exist. However, if u still face any issues post them here so the Mi A3 Community can have a look and maybe even suggest a workaround/fix.

In case u find any other bugs or u want to share ur experience after android 10 update, feel free to share it in this thread.
I will update the list with all the bugs posted by the community, so we know which are fixed and whether or not to update from A9 to A10.

Hit the Thanks button if this was what you were looking for

Last edited:

Sapper Morton

Feb 16, 2016
Moto G9 Plus
FoD/AoD works just as usual on my device, so the bugs are not general; in either case I recommend everyone to update, then report the bugs, if possible with proper logs. I didn't use much in standby, but there's at least 30 min in AoD on my SoT, screenshot attached; the only real issue here is the absence of longer exposure on MiUI Camera, besides this, only a few UI glitches, that can be polished with time.

Attachments

• obscura1583044027414.jpg
    obscura1583044027414.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 3,842
Last edited:
Reactions: cukierkas

demolition23

Dec 15, 2009
Oiniades
For me choosing pro mode on camera will crash the app.

If the screen is off i can't unlock with FoD unless if I hit the power button to open the screen then use the FoD.

In settings i have on top a suggestion that won't leave for any reason.

Στάλθηκε από το Mi A3 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

soulz69

Jan 24, 2014
Fingerprint scanner for unlock not working for me.
i need to turn on the AOD for android 10 to make it works.
I don't need to turn on AOD before this on android 9.
This is a bug or new features? lulz.

mronak02

Mar 8, 2018
Fingerprint scanner for unlock not working for me.
i need to turn on the AOD for android 10 to make it works.
I don't need to turn on AOD before this on android 9.
This is a bug or new features? lulz.
It's a bug. Xiaomi india customer support has confirmed that it's a bug in latest update.

sathish43210

Nov 15, 2011
I haven't rooted or installed any custom rom.. am still facing the issue. After every reboot it works for some time and then it is not showing up.

fburgos

Sep 1, 2012
Fingerprint problem at first then factory reset now it's working as other user reported double tap to wake to light up screen and use finger print

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk

donedos

Jul 8, 2012
Bacolod
Fingerprint problem at first then factory reset now it's working as other user reported double tap to wake to light up screen and use finger print

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk

I created a guide in this section to activate double tap to wake the on-screen fingerprint sensor..please check it out. no need to factory reset.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android 10 OTA had been released for about 4-5 times but always nothing is perfect, so here is a list of bug we encountered and possible fixes...

Bugs/Issues:
    • USB Debugging turning on after a reboot, even if developer tools are turned off after using USB debugging at least once. (Need more ppl to confirm)
    • Auto Brightness worse as compared to Pie
    • VoWiFi (Confirmed not working on Airtel and Jio)
    • Poor Wi-Fi when using Bluetooth and/or GPS
    • Mono Audio while recording video
    • Persistent 'Customize you Mi A3' Bubble in settings. Manual Fix Available
    • Screen corners and assistant corners are messed up.
    • AOD draining battery unusually.
    • Big Launcher icons. Partially fixed in 11.0.15.0
    • Missing 1/32s shutter speed system-wide. Fixed in 11.0.15.0
    • FOD not working consistently Improved with 11.0.8.0, 11.0.11.0. Although still reports of flickering or necessity to reboot or need for 'new notifications lock screen display' Fixed with 11.0.14.0
    • Front camera quality degraded Improved with 11.0.8.0, Fixed with 11.0.11.0
    • Stuters across UI Reduced with 11.0.8.0
    • Visible slowdown of phone within 24 hours of usage. Have to reboot after a full charge to again gain back the fluidity. Possible memory management bug. Reduced with 11.0.11.0,11.0.14.0.
    • Missing EIS Fixed with 11.0.14.0

Note: I listed the bugs after at least a few people reported/confirmed. And struck them when most report the issue had drastically reduced or no longer exist. However, if u still face any issues post them here so the Mi A3 Community can have a look and maybe even suggest a workaround/fix.

In case u find any other bugs or u want to share ur experience after android 10 update, feel free to share it in this thread.
    I will update the list with all the bugs posted by the community, so we know which are fixed and whether or not to update from A9 to A10.

Hit the Thanks button if this was what you were looking for
    Camera provider service bug

Hi,
    Here is a critical bug concerning memory management and/or other issues that come from the camera app/camera provider service.
    Briefly, after launching the camera app directly (or indirectly like WhatsApp video calls) it consumes an unusual amount of RAM. This RAM usage is very wired in a way that initially, just right after using the camera, the service allocates 400 MB of RAM to itself and it continues to add up and reaches 1.4 GB in the course of time. There is no way of clearing the memory, even if you close the camera app with the stock task manager (or finish your video call). At the point that actual memory usage is 1.4 GB and above, the abusing app/service leads the device to a catastrophic memory shortage which eventually slows down the device (since there is no RAM left for other compounds) and in severe cases reboots the phone.
    I also experienced some apps stop working from the background (courtesy of memory management) and the camera went black during WhatsApp video call (The buggy camera service is being killed by mm). According to the 3C Task manager, vendor/bin/hw/[email protected] causes the problem.
    There is not much we can do for tackling this problem. Rebooting the device and not using the camera whatsoever! or using tools like 3C Task manager (needs root) to kill the [email protected] after each time that the camera has been used (!!) might be the solutions.
    We hope this problem will be acknowledged as a critical bug and will be addressed as soon as possible.

See the attachment for more info.
    hows the august update?
    Faced Random Reboots 2 time in last 5 hrs.
    Already done that. Unfortunately the problem of alarm clock on my phone still remains.

Also, the ambient light sensor/auto-brightness is not working very well. This isn't new, though. :(

A quick workaround for the brightness would be using Velis. Works for me. Just disable system auto brightness and configure a profile for Velis. Bum, No more erratic and static brightness bugs.

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

i can confirm all the issue with the last version.
    Battery draining
    Finger print flickering
    persistent customization request on setting menu
    fod only with sod active
    No netflix app or Disney+

any way to downgrade to andoid 9?

There's a few posts about it. Either flash 9 trough recovery or do it via Mi flash.
    I saw they fixed the camera bug, which other bugs do they fixed?
    32s again available on pro mode
    Launcher icon are now smallest
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone