• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[DISCUSSION][Bugs&Issues] Android 10 [Experiences]

Search This thread

L1p1c1

Aug 9, 2016
heaven
anyone tried front camera, portret options and after that to change slider, when you reset slider, pictured gets 90 grades rotated in wrong direction

bug?

After Android 10, when I record an audio (with any audio rec app), sometimes the audio is stereo and others are mono. I have tried with several apps, in mp3, wav, etc.
At Android 9 I always used the phone to record the audios I need for my videos, but now I can't.

Is this some configuration issue, something that's changed with Android 10, or it's a bug?

bttcp12

Jul 19, 2012

mervinb

May 8, 2015
I was surprised to receive the global Android 10 update, V11.0.11.0.QFQMIXM, so soon after the Pie March security update.

The update went smoothly - I have a very stock setup. The fingerprint sensor is much improved, feels faster, more reliable. In general the phone seems to run a lot smoother.

Xiaomi gets a lot of bad press on their update quality, but so far, so good.

Reactions: JaKats

XJeFX

Apr 14, 2009
Xiaomi Mi A3
I Just updated, everything seems fine but camera long exposure photos is missing. And it's not just in the main camera app from xiaomi, it's system wide. Be warned.

pompidoi

Jun 1, 2012
Dasmariñas
I didn't really want to update yet but I took the jump. Surprisingly, no irritating bugs that would ruin it as a daily driver.

I lost my recents button function (did the nav bar hack) so I just reinstalled Launcher3 via adb sideload.
FOD works normal.
Personalization suggestion always pops up in settings which is irritating but I can live with it.
I thought the Dark theme was at least AMOLED dark but it isn't but hopefully a mod can make it possible :D
YAY COLOR ACCENTS at least! Always loved a shade of blue like in Oxygen OS in my other device.

Reactions: debido666
Oct 15, 2019
I didn't really want to update yet but I took the jump. Surprisingly, no irritating bugs that would ruin it as a daily driver.

I lost my recents button function (did the nav bar hack) so I just reinstalled Launcher3 via adb sideload.
FOD works normal.
Personalization suggestion always pops up in settings which is irritating but I can live with it.
I thought the Dark theme was at least AMOLED dark but it isn't but hopefully a mod can make it possible :D
YAY COLOR ACCENTS at least! Always loved a shade of blue like in Oxygen OS in my other device.

same here, just took a leap of faith, works like a charm, no issues whatsoever (except for the big launcher icons)

rawgawd

Jul 21, 2017

FOD works normal.

Are you also facing the quickstep bug where the icons keep disappearing from the app suggestions row, and more irritatingly icons appear in the app drawer for apps that don't have any action on tapping the icon (these used to stay hidden in pie eg. I downloaded the pixel live wallpapers apk, and now there's an icon in the drawer for it, which wasn't visible back in 9.0)

pompidoi

Jun 1, 2012
Dasmariñas
Are you also facing the quickstep bug where the icons keep disappearing from the app suggestions row, and more irritatingly icons appear in the app drawer for apps that don't have any action on tapping the icon (these used to stay hidden in pie eg. I downloaded the pixel live wallpapers apk, and now there's an icon in the drawer for it, which wasn't visible back in 9.0)

I didn't try it yet as I'm using Nova

LeAntsy

Nov 14, 2019
Bugs

Still unable to change volume when phone is locked. I know we can fix it by turning off "show fingerprint icon when locked" but Its still a bug. I want the icon to be shown and I want to change media volume when my device is locked and I want the fingerprint icons too.

Also hey is the AOD battery drain fixed?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android 10 OTA had been released for about 4-5 times but always nothing is perfect, so here is a list of bug we encountered and possible fixes...

Bugs/Issues:
    • USB Debugging turning on after a reboot, even if developer tools are turned off after using USB debugging at least once. (Need more ppl to confirm)
    • Auto Brightness worse as compared to Pie
    • VoWiFi (Confirmed not working on Airtel and Jio)
    • Poor Wi-Fi when using Bluetooth and/or GPS
    • Mono Audio while recording video
    • Persistent 'Customize you Mi A3' Bubble in settings. Manual Fix Available
    • Screen corners and assistant corners are messed up.
    • AOD draining battery unusually.
    • Big Launcher icons. Partially fixed in 11.0.15.0
    • Missing 1/32s shutter speed system-wide. Fixed in 11.0.15.0
    • FOD not working consistently Improved with 11.0.8.0, 11.0.11.0. Although still reports of flickering or necessity to reboot or need for 'new notifications lock screen display' Fixed with 11.0.14.0
    • Front camera quality degraded Improved with 11.0.8.0, Fixed with 11.0.11.0
    • Stuters across UI Reduced with 11.0.8.0
    • Visible slowdown of phone within 24 hours of usage. Have to reboot after a full charge to again gain back the fluidity. Possible memory management bug. Reduced with 11.0.11.0,11.0.14.0.
    • Missing EIS Fixed with 11.0.14.0

Note: I listed the bugs after at least a few people reported/confirmed. And struck them when most report the issue had drastically reduced or no longer exist. However, if u still face any issues post them here so the Mi A3 Community can have a look and maybe even suggest a workaround/fix.

In case u find any other bugs or u want to share ur experience after android 10 update, feel free to share it in this thread.
    I will update the list with all the bugs posted by the community, so we know which are fixed and whether or not to update from A9 to A10.

Hit the Thanks button if this was what you were looking for
    Camera provider service bug

Hi,
    Here is a critical bug concerning memory management and/or other issues that come from the camera app/camera provider service.
    Briefly, after launching the camera app directly (or indirectly like WhatsApp video calls) it consumes an unusual amount of RAM. This RAM usage is very wired in a way that initially, just right after using the camera, the service allocates 400 MB of RAM to itself and it continues to add up and reaches 1.4 GB in the course of time. There is no way of clearing the memory, even if you close the camera app with the stock task manager (or finish your video call). At the point that actual memory usage is 1.4 GB and above, the abusing app/service leads the device to a catastrophic memory shortage which eventually slows down the device (since there is no RAM left for other compounds) and in severe cases reboots the phone.
    I also experienced some apps stop working from the background (courtesy of memory management) and the camera went black during WhatsApp video call (The buggy camera service is being killed by mm). According to the 3C Task manager, vendor/bin/hw/[email protected] causes the problem.
    There is not much we can do for tackling this problem. Rebooting the device and not using the camera whatsoever! or using tools like 3C Task manager (needs root) to kill the [email protected] after each time that the camera has been used (!!) might be the solutions.
    We hope this problem will be acknowledged as a critical bug and will be addressed as soon as possible.

See the attachment for more info.
    hows the august update?
    Faced Random Reboots 2 time in last 5 hrs.
    Already done that. Unfortunately the problem of alarm clock on my phone still remains.

Also, the ambient light sensor/auto-brightness is not working very well. This isn't new, though. :(

A quick workaround for the brightness would be using Velis. Works for me. Just disable system auto brightness and configure a profile for Velis. Bum, No more erratic and static brightness bugs.

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

i can confirm all the issue with the last version.
    Battery draining
    Finger print flickering
    persistent customization request on setting menu
    fod only with sod active
    No netflix app or Disney+

any way to downgrade to andoid 9?

There's a few posts about it. Either flash 9 trough recovery or do it via Mi flash.
    I saw they fixed the camera bug, which other bugs do they fixed?
    32s again available on pro mode
    Launcher icon are now smallest